DOMINO - Eustass Kid x Reader

By WombatSquid

"Love is like a theif, it robs you of all thought and logic, and all you have left is a heart that you can on... More

CHAPTER ONE: Heist
CHAPTER TWO: Unluck
CHAPTER THREE: Below The Belt
CHAPTER FOUR: Of Use
CHAPTER FIVE: Prove Your Worth
CHAPTER SIX: Showtime
CHAPTER SEVEN: Good Doggy, No Bone
CHAPTER EIGHT: Snipe
CHAPTER NINE: Too Far
CHAPTER TEN: One-Eighty
CHAPTER ELEVEN: Buck You
CHAPTER TWELVE: Impressive
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: Brotherly Lovebomb
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: Bad Idea
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: Measurements and Temperaments
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: Hands
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: Put On A Show
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: Unforseen Circumstances
CHAPTER NINETEEN: Shutting Up
CHAPTER TWENTY: Can't Stress Enough
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: Facts
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: Not The Case
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: Stick Around
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR: Pop
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: Bottoms Up
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX: Lock and Key
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN: Back-Up
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT: Go For The Throat
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE: Scars
CHAPTER THIRTY: Blue
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO: Wrong Idea
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE: Olive Branch
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR: Consider It
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE: Off The Record
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX: Why?
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN: Homeward
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT: Testosterone
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE: Concerns
CHAPTER FORTY: Scrap
CHAPTER FORTY ONE: Get Me Out of Here
CHAPTER FORTY TWO: Know
CHAPTER FORTY THREE: Sentimental Shit
CHAPTER FORTY FOUR: Farewell, Water 7
CHAPTER FORTY FIVE: Change
CHAPTER FORTY SIX: Ready
CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN: Prying
CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT: Kid
CHAPTER FORTY NINE: Life
CHAPTER FIFTY: Off My Chest
CHAPTER FIFTY ONE: Freak Out
CHAPTER FIFTY TWO: A Day Out
CHAPTER FIFTY THREE: Morale
CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR: Red
CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE: Guilt
CHAPTER FIFTY SIX: Done
CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN: Bad For Me, Worse For You
CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT: There For You
CHAPTER FIFTY NINE: Be
CHAPTER SIXTY: Can I Be Honest?
CHAPTER SIXTY ONE: No Place Like Home
CHAPTER SIXTY TWO: Pretty Pretty
CHAPTER SIXTY THREE: Something Stupid
CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR: Selfish Passion
CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE: For This Moment

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE: Hypothetically

1.8K 94 53
By WombatSquid

***KID POV***

"Uh, she told me to tell you that, um, your face looks like a Banana Gator's prolapsed cloaca, and she'd rather sit on a knife and twist than talk to you...H..Her words, not mine!" UK relayed (Y/N)'s message to me in a fluster, holding his hands up in defence. "Sorry boss..."

It had been two weeks since (Y/N) had last spoken to me. Well, yelled at me, back in the infirmary. No matter what I tried, or how I threatened her, she just gave me a look of complete and utter disgust before walking away. I was at my wits end.

"Yeah, well, you can tell her-"
"Kid, quit using him as your errand boy. It's just sad at this point." Killer placed a hand on my shoulder, using his other to shoo a very grateful UK off to do something less nerve-wracking.

"Then you can tell her that she's a-"
"You ever heard of patience?" Killer cut me off again, rounding the desk to stand in full sight. "I know you have. Don't tell me I wasted my teen years trying to drill it into you. Leave her be. She'll come around, she just needs time to get over it."

Don't wanna...

Gritting my teeth, I held back from blowing up at him. Of course, I knew he was right. He always was. That was why he was my equal, and more often than not my voice of reason.
"She's had plenty of time! If she wants to stay on my ship, she needs to kill the damn attitude and quit avoidin' me!"

I knew that behind his mask of white and blue that Killer was raising his brow in a way that would further tick me off.
"What are you going to do if she doesn't? Throw her overboard? Think you're capable of that at this point?"

His words had me taken aback. Why would he think otherwise? He knew me better than anyone, living or dead.
"What the fuck do you mean, am I capable?! Why wouldn't I be?!" I barked back at him, fist balled but yet to slam down onto the table.

Tilting his head, somewhat expectantly, Killer snorted. He really was the only person who would talk to me in such a way and not be pummelled to death. At least he used to be the only one.
"Wow. I'm almost ashamed of being the one to raise you. Where did I go wrong? Are you that stupid?"

It had been a hell of a long time since he had spoken to me like that. The last time that I could remember was when I was a snot-nosed brat, hand gripping his shirt as I trailed along behind him. Once upon a time.

"Don't go tryin' to act like my damn father! What the hell are you talkin' about?! Spit it out!" This time my fist did crash down onto the table, but I was mindful that I wouldn't split the wood. Sure, we had the funds to replace it, but it would be a pain.

Running his hand down the smooth surface of his helmet, Killer shook his head and sighed. A long, defeated sigh that had my nails digging into the heel of my palm.

"I'll put it in layman's terms so you can understand. You. Kid. In love. Her. (Y/N)." Insulting Neanderthal speak aside, his words bounced around the inside of my skull for a little too long before they sank into my brain, a horrified expression warping my features.

"You have got to be kiddin' me..!" I shouted, pushing myself to an abrupt stand. Anybody else would have flinched back, but Killer stood still and unphased. "Sure, I'd fuck her, but love?! Do I look that weak to you?!"

Making a show of tilting his head up and down, sizing me up, Killer met my eyes through darkened holes.
"Yep."

No no no no no absolutely the fuck not!

"You care about her. After the whole Pinbour Haven thing, that much was for certain. The way you look at her, and give her special treatment...I mean, damn, Kid. You called her your girl back in that warehouse, and tore a man's throat out with your teeth after he hurt her. Looks like love to me."

I wanted to refute everything he had said, but I was coming up blank. There was nothing that could change the fact that everything was true. Seeing Livewire slice into her body made physically sick, even in memory, and I had truly been ready to die that day.

The only reason I hadn't was due to those pistols of hers. Even if indirectly, she had been the reason for my survival. A real miracle.

Slowly, and completely defeated, I lowered myself back down into my seat, staring into the wooden knots in the surface of my desk.
"Love? I ain't cut out for that shit. Romance? Marriage? Brats? When the hell would I have time for that as King of the Pirates..?"

Why should I even consider it?

Killer leant down so his elbows rested upon the desk, as far down to my level as he could get without crouching.
"Who says any of that matters? From what I've seen, love is whatever you wanna make it. Also, sorry, but you two? With children? I'd stroke out trying to keep you guys from killing it."

Chin in my palm, I still avoided his eyes, not wanting him to see what I knew he already could. Feelings like the ones I held for (Y/N) were foreign to me, and I wanted to keep them at arms length.

What I didn't want to openly admit was that, ignoring all my other reluctances and aversions, if I was bold enough to pursue anything further, anything real, she'd be a target. I had already seen what my presence in her life could do to her. Could I really be that selfish? More than I already had been?

Anyway...

"What about you, then?" My eyes finally lifted, knowing the exact point where his were hidden. "I ain't that blind, Killer. You're in love with her too." My friend was silent for a long time, showing no signs of shock or frustration. He just looked back at me, unmoving.

"I have too much to work on within myself to even think about women. You, however? I think you need her to find the best of yourself."

I wasn't stupid. Killer loved her, and wanted her just as much as I did. Not once had I ever seen him so gentle or tender with another human being. Not in the ways he had been with her.

"Bullshit." I growled, the knot between my eyes growing deeper. "What? You ain't gonna fight for her? Like old times?" He knew exactly what I was referring to, and his shoulders bounced in the silent laugh I had grown accustomed to over the years.

"I don't know about you, but I'd like to think I've grown up enough to realise how dumb that was." He snorted, standing back to his full height. "I have no intention of making her mine, Kid. She's all yours, if you have the guts to fall for her completely...and if she falls for you in return."

You stupid bastard...

Leaning back in my chair, I teetered on two wooden legs, casting my gaze to the ceiling in thought. I wasn't going to push it. Killer could make his own stupid decisions.
"Then how the hell would I go about it? I mean, if I ever decided that it was worth the trouble?"

The blond's fingers drummed against the desk, perfect rhythm, as usual. Typical of a drummer.
"Well, I know you're no good when it comes to passivity...so try to think of it like a battle. You want your opponent to know you're serious, right? Then let (Y/N) know that you're serious."

A battle, huh?

"You and I both know she doesn't like to be babied, and I doubt she's the type to fall for sappy, romantic dinners and dates. Can you think of anything she'd appreciate?" Killer asked curiously, pacing until he reached the rounded window.

I closed my eyes and thought back to all of our conversations, trying to pinpoint something that could be of use. She liked that stupid hat she'd gotten from that pompous old codger, Mihawk, and being a smart-mouthed little bitch. But what else?

"I like this little guy. Did you make him? He's cool."

The robot. The one I had made so many years ago. She'd really seemed to like that.
"I...could make her something in my workshop. I..If I ever decided that I wanted to chase her bitch tail, I mean..." I announced, feeling my chest simmer at the thought.

"That's actually a good idea. I think she'd really like that, especially coming from someone like you." Killer hummed, and my head whipped around, eyes set in an offended glare.
"What's that s'pposed to mean?!"

Again, Killer's shoulders bounced with his ghost of a laugh, and he waved me off with a limp wrist.
"Nothing, nothing. You should do that. Sorry, I mean if you ever decide it's worth the bother."

I guess I could give it a shot...There's nothing better to do around her right now...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Uh, Boss?" UK knocked at the door as he poked his head in, face paled with nerves.
"What Is it?"

"Um...(Y/N) wanted me to tell you that you...well, that you s..smell like a Celestial Dragon's armpit soaked in old milk and c..cow poop..."

"...I'm gonna kill her..."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
***Guess who officially caught up with One Piece and has no idea what to do with herself?

This bitch right here.

Also I drew a meme whilst trying to fight against artblock.

Next Time: Get The Wrong Idea***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 451 25
One piece Killer x female Reader modern AU. Moving to a new city brings a fresh start to anyones life. But what happens when you cross paths with a...
38.5K 1.3K 33
Hello again minna. Sorry for not updating for so long. But here's my next story, and please read and vote on it. I know it's lame and all but, I made...
11.5K 366 34
Kid x Reader x Killer. Can Reader remember and embrace who she is to save the ones she loves before she loses it all? Come join the Kid Pirates on...
5.2K 332 29
Y/n was once a well balanced student. Straight A's and the life of the party. That all changed after her high school sweetheart bailed on her on Prom...