Falling Effect

By holl1e27

The Falling Effect: When you do something that causes something else to happen (i.e. you fall down, you scrap... More

SYNOPSIS AND AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHARACTER AESTHETICS AND PLAYLIST
Prologue
1. Finding Out
2. Telling the Truth
3. To Forgive or Not To Forgive
4. Twins are Genetic!
5. Whining and Dining
6. Hockey Pucks, You're Fucked
7. Twin Sisters and Little Sisters
8. Nightmares and Comfort
9. Drinks and.. Forks?
10. Rough Night?
11. Future Sister-In-Law
12. Kicking and Screaming
13. All Mine
14. Intimate
15. Date Night
16. She Was Never Yours
17. Beach Boys
18. Mama and Mamacita
19. There Will Be No Cocomelon in This House
20. Daddy Issues
21. Lover Boy
22. Forever and Always
23. I Do
24. Love is More Than A Four Letter Word
25. Bonded For Life
26. Get Pucked
27. Gala Preparations
28. Needy
29. Baby Voice Activated
30. Christmas Eve-Eve
31. Baby's First Christmas
32. Sunday Mornings
33. Mother Pucker
34. (Double) Lunch Date
35. Beach Babies
35. Mornin' Lovin'
36. Powdered Sugar
37. Die-Hard Swifties
38. Cup Finals
39. Fantasy Land
40. Yes, Asher Still Loves Taylor Swift
41. Precious Moments Ruined
42. Lost Your Mind
43. Trial and Error
44. Walking and Talking
46. Not Just Another Sweet Romance
47. Sick Days
48. Birthday Boy
Epilogue - Forever My Always
BONUS CHAPTER - 1
BONUS CHAPTER - 2
Most Valuable Parent?
Book Poll - Updated!
Spin-Off: In Dirty Harmony - Release Date Announced!
Book 2: Falling Forward
Book 3: Falling Together

45. 365 Days

17.5K 385 18
By holl1e27

Cover Me In Sunshine - P!nk, Willow Sage Hart

"Happy Birthday, Asher!" My mom cheers as we walk towards to table in the back of the restaurant. She takes Asher from my arms, kissing his cheek several times and he laughs. "I can't believe how big you are!"

"How old are you? Are you a big boy now?" Mom asks, poking his side, causing a laugh to escape his mouth.

"Give me the baby." Evelyn says, referring to PJ. She takes her out of Aiden's arms before I pull out her chair and she sits down.

"Can't even pay attention to your own child, on his first birthday?" Ellie asks from beside us. Earning a jab to the side from Evelyn's elbow. Her mouth gapes open as she grabs her side.

"I give that child all of my attention." She snaps back.

"We kind of have to, considering if you look away for one second he's probably doing something he shouldn't be." I say and she chuckles.

"Tell me about it." Gracie says from across the table.

"Sorry I'm late. My car was blocked in." Kendra says as she walks to the table, all of our attention turning to her. She reaches her hands out and take Asher from my mom. "Happy birthday baby!" She says, bouncing him on her hip.

"He has no idea why he's even getting all this attention." I lean over, loudly whispering to Evelyn.

"He's soaking it up like he does though, that's for sure." She says, chuckling. She bounces PJ on her lap as she talks to her, booping her nose as she holds onto her hands, holding her in a sitting position, PJ giggles.

"Has he said anything new?" Gracie asks from across the table.

"Not much. Although, he definitely tries." Evelyn says, looking over at her.

"That's good!" She says and we both smile.

"Walking on his own yet?" Aiden pipes in.

"He did a little the other day, but he hasn't much since."

"Amelia refused to walk until she was almost two. She knew how, she just didn't want to." He says and I chuckle.

"She's still doesn't like walking that much. She wants to be held all the time." Gracies adds. "We finally had to make her when PJ came. Claire is obsessed with Aiden. Total daddy's girl, that one. And PJ can't walk or crawl."

"Yeah, she wasn't very happy with us." He says, placing his arm on the back of Gracie's chair as Claire sits on his lap, scribbling all over the little kids menu.

"Who wasn't happy?" Amelia asks from beside me and we all chuckle.

"Everybody is perfectly happy, Sweets." I say and she smiles up at me.

"Great!" She says, climbing onto my lap, sliding the kids menu over. "Tic-Tac-Toe?"

"Sure, Sweets." I say and she hands me a blue crayon.

"I'm gonna kick you ass!" She says and Gracie gasps. Aiden and I try not to laugh as Evelyn swats my arm.

"Amelia Jo, we do not say that word!"

"Daddy says it!" She points her finger at Aiden and I laugh. Gracie gives both of us a look.

"Daddy is a grown up. You are not." She scolds.

"Sorry..." She says, turning to look at me.

She lowers her voice into a whisper, "I'm gonna kick your ass."

✳︎

"Thanks for coming." I say, hugging Gracie and Aiden.

"We wouldn't have missed it." Aiden says, patting my back. I hit the button on my key fob, before I hear my truck start from where I'm standing.

"Bye Asher!" Amelia says, bending down and hugging him, she kisses him on the cheek before pulling away.

Evelyn kneels down, "Bye Sweets." She kisses her on the cheek.

"Bye, Aunt Evy." Amelia responds before reluctantly pulling away.

Ellie comes walking over, scooping Asher up in her arms, "Happy Birthday, Bub." She kisses him on the cheek before handing him off to Evan.

"Bye baby." My mom says, wrapping her arms around my neck. "I'll see you guys tomorrow."

I kiss her on the cheek before pulling away, "Bye. See you tomorrow." I say before everyone makes their way to their cars.

"I want ice cream." Evelyn says after I shut my door.

"That honestly sounds amazing." I say, buckling my seat belt.

I head towards a little local ice cream shop that's down the street from where we were. I park along the curb, turning my car off. I look at my mirror, making sure there's no cars before I get out. Opening the driver's side door, I'm greeted by Asher smiling at me. "Hi Bubba!"

"Da da!" He kicks his feet excitedly, reaching his arms out for me.I unfasten him before lifting him up and resting him on my arm. I walk around the car, locking it, and coming up beside Evelyn. She puts her arm around my waist, leaning on her tippy toes to kiss Asher on the cheek.

We make our way inside, ordering, and getting our ice cream before finding a table along the wall. "It's like heaven, in your mouth." Evelyn groans, slowly pulling her spoon out of her mouth. I shift in my seat and she smirks over at me.

"Woman, there is a child on my lap. Must you be a little shit right now?" I ask and she giggles.

"I don't know what you're talking about?" She says, her eyes locking on mine as she flips the spoon over, slowly pulling it out of her mouth.

Watching Greyson having to... readjust himself, was just the cherry on top. Especially after all the times he's teased me in public.

I grin over at him as he focuses on his ice cream, trying to ignore me.

A little boy in a Miami Mavericks t-shirt comes walking past us with chocolate all over his face. His eyes widen when he looks at Greyson, but his mom continues dragging him to the bathroom.

A couple of minutes later the same little boy comes walking over to us, chocolate no longer on his face, but instead a huge grin. "Excuse me." He whispers, tapping Greyson's shoulder.

Greyson looks down at him, a grin matching the little boys. "Hey little buddy!" Greyson says, turning his body.

"Will you sign my shirt?" He asks, holding up a Sharpie.

"Of course!" Greyson takes the pen and the little boy turns around. "What's your name?" He asks while signing the shirt.

"Liam!" He says, turning back around and grinning.

"What? That's my nephews name."

"Really?" He asks, his eyes lighting up.

"Yeah." Greyson says, handing the marker back to him. "Do you want to take a picture?"

"Sure!" The little boy turns around, waving for his mom to come over. "Take our picture." He bosses and she laughs, pulling out her phone.

Greyson hands Asher over to me, lifting Liam up so he's on his lap, and they both smile. "Cheese!" Liam says and I laugh.

"Got it." His mom says and Liam turns around in his lap.

"Do you play hockey?" Greyson asks and he shakes his head.

"I don't get to start till next year." He frowns.

"It'll come before you know it. Are you coming to any games this year?"

"Yeah!"

"How would you like some VIP passes to meet the team?" Greyson asks and the grin on the little boys faces becomes even wider. He looks over to his mom, "If you give me your email I can send you some." He says and she smiles.

"Thank you!" She says as she gives Greyson her email.

"It was nice meeting you!" Greyson says as the little boy waves and walks away.

"That was adorable." I say, leaning back in my seat with Asher still on my lap.

"I love the little kid fans." He says.

"They're cute."

He smiles over at me, shoving a spoonful of ice cream in his mouth. He pulls out his phone, "Smile!" He says and I laugh. "I have too many pictures of you guys on my phone." He says, putting it back in his pocket.

"You can never have too many pictures of your kids."

*********

Instagram:

greyson.rhodes: 365 days with my Bubby. happy birthday Ash.

********

Word Count: 1,398

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 55.1K 31
[HIGHEST RANKING #1 IN FALLINGINLOVE] It wasn't ever supposed to happen like it did. It wasn't supposed to happen at all... Katarina Rhodes was just...
521K 14.4K 41
[πŒπ€π“π”π‘π„] π‘πŽππ€π π‰π€πŒπ„π’ 30 Months... Almost three years since my accident. My first game playing pro in the NHL and I blew it. Many peo...
1.5M 37.9K 41
FREE STORY. PAID BONUS CHAPTERS. ❝What started with a revenge sex, becomes something even more addictive than meth.❞ One buried childhood memory, One...
141K 3.4K 29
All Greyson Rhodes (secretly) wished for was for one of his sons to play hockey just like him. What happens when it's his daughter that follows in hi...