SEASICK

By L_Randy

A kind, gentle, yet naive princess runs away from her caged up life, hoping to finally experience life beyond... More

1 ☠︎︎ 𝔾𝕠𝕝𝕕𝕖𝕟 ℂ𝕒𝕘𝕖𝕤 ☠︎︎
2 ☠︎︎ 𝕎𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕊𝕙𝕚𝕡𝕤 ☠︎︎
3 ☠︎︎ 𝕊𝕚𝕟𝕜 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕂𝕖𝕪 ☠︎︎
4 ☠︎︎ 𝕋𝕒𝕝𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝔻𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕟𝕤 ☠︎︎
5 ☠︎ 𝔼𝕪𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕒 𝔻𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕟 ☠︎︎
6 ☠︎︎ 𝕀𝕧𝕠 ☠︎︎
7 ☠︎︎ 𝕊𝕝𝕖𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕒 𝔻𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕟 ☠︎︎
8 ☠︎︎ ℝ𝔸𝔾𝔼 ☠︎︎
9 ☠︎︎ 𝕆𝕝𝕕𝕜𝕖𝕖𝕡, 𝕟𝕖𝕨 𝕗𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕤 ☠︎︎
10 ☠︎ 𝔸 𝕋𝕙𝕦𝕞𝕡 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕒 ℂ𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕜 ☠︎︎
11 ☠︎︎ 𝔻𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕟 𝕊𝕒𝕧𝕚𝕠𝕣𝕤 ☠︎︎
12 ☠︎︎ 𝕌𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕄𝕒𝕤𝕜 ☠︎︎
13 ☠︎︎ ℂ𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕒𝕚𝕟'𝕤 ℂ𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕚𝕧𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 ☠︎︎
14 ☠︎︎ 𝕊𝕢𝕦𝕖𝕒𝕝 𝕃𝕚𝕥𝕥𝕝𝕖 ℙ𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕪 ☠︎︎
15 ☠︎︎ 𝔼𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔽𝕠𝕩 ☠︎︎
16 ☠︎︎ 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝕋𝕚𝕞𝕖 ☠︎︎
17 ☠︎︎ 𝕊𝕡𝕖𝕒𝕜 𝕄𝕪 𝕃𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕦𝕒𝕘𝕖 ☠︎︎
18 ☠︎︎ 𝕊𝕚𝕟𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕄𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤 ☠︎︎
19 ☠︎︎ 𝔹𝕣𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣'𝕤 ℂ𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕪 ☠︎︎
20 ☠︎︎ 𝔽𝕠𝕩 𝔽𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕧𝕒𝕝 ☠︎︎
21 ☠︎︎ ℂ𝕠𝕝𝕕 𝕂𝕚𝕤𝕤𝕖𝕤 ☠︎︎
22 ☠︎︎ 𝕃𝕠𝕤𝕖 ℂ𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕝 ☠︎︎
23 ☠︎︎ 𝔼𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕪 𝕃𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕤 ☠︎︎
24 ☠︎︎ 𝔽𝕠𝕩 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕖 ☠︎︎
25 Kill Who?
26- Royal Pains
27- Tears Of First Love
28- Pools of Honey, Pools of Blood
29- Melting Point
30- Dangerous Trails
31- Call Out to Me
32- Rolling Heads
33- Meaningless Desire
34- Within Reach
35- Gifts
36- Captain of Hearts
AN- Names?
37- Icy Irritation
38- In the Arms of a Bear
39- Beg the King
40- Snowing on the Sun
41- Attack from the Snow
42- Strangers
43- Love Bites
44- Parting Thoughts
45- Familiar Faces
46- Tavern Tussle
47- Brother Dearest
48- Do Not Touch
49- Do I Look Happy?
50- Letters of Prosperity
51- Dead.
52- Mamoru's Letter
53- The Hand-off
54- A Single Cut
55- Scorched Bones
56- Silas's Letter
57- Stormy Memories
58- Ruby Red
59- Wrath of the Forgotten
60- A Queen's Den
61- Raise Your Right Hand
62- The Last Letter
63- Run.
64 - Part 1: Dominance
Q&A?
AN- Answer
65- Part 2: Submission
66- Settled
67- A Queen's Effort
FILLER- #4 Quirks
68- Why?
69- Gentle and Beautiful Truth
70- Depravity. Chaos. Wickedness.
71- True Warmth
AN // SURPRISE
72- Vision of Red
73- Sly Fox
74- What Sort of Fun?
75- Capture If You Can
76- Exploding Emotions
77- To Have and To Hold
78- A Queen's Demand
79- Apologies, Apologies
Hey...
Edits x link in comments
81- Read the Room
82 - Frozen Moments
83- Fear of Realization
84- In the Bushes

80- Envious

3.7K 138 58
By L_Randy

Alana only made it to the bottom of the stairs before her knees finally gave out below her. She teetered to the left until she rested against the wall; she took deep breaths.

"My gods..." She sighed reaching up to her lips, tracing her fingers along her bottom lip, feeling the excess moisture.

She peered down to her digits trying to calm her crazed heart.

This is Kazumi... She thought as she eyed the barely visible swatch of saliva on her finger pad.

I am so confused... does that mean he isn't angry with me? But he walked away as if it was nothing... as if I was nothing... so, was that just his way of teaching me a lesson? Then... what was the lesson?

Alana softly closed her fist and dropped her hand to her side, throwing her head back against the wall. She tried to soothe her raging thoughts and collect herself, but to immediate avail, not this time. Alana had never experienced a feeling quite like the one Kazumi just put her through. She was growing familiar with the warm knot that grew in her stomach, but Kazumi had caused another reaction plunging into her core. Subconsciously she pressed her thighs together as if it would ease the heat blossoming from within. Her stomach was still tangled and her heart still raced.

Maybe I just need to lay down for a bit... Alana settled on.

"What're ya doing up so early, idiot?" A voice snapped further down the hall, nearly pulling a scream from Alana.

She jumped at Leven's voice, immediately feeling guilty as if he could hear her thoughts. She straightened up and stood from the wall as he approached.

"Good morning, Leven." She sweetly smiled; a bit crooked.

"Yeah, yeah," He mumbled annoyed. "I asked ya a ques—" Once he was a few feet from her he stopped dead in his tracks like he had hit a brick wall.

Alana furrowed her brows and shifted uncomfortably at the disbelieving stare that Leven had locked onto her. His cold blue eyes traveled her form on a gruesome journey, a small knot tying between his white brows.

"Um... are you okay?" She apprehensively asked, almost convincing herself that he could read her mind.

Leven's stunned countenance altered into a scowl as he cut his eyes away from her. He said nothing as he stepped around the dumbfounded girl.

"Leven?" She called out to him while he ascended the stairs.

Again, she was ignored and that only caused her brows to furrow deeper.

"What?" She breathed, feeling her racing heart skip a beat in hurt.

Alana could not shake the look on Leven's face out of her head the entire day. She laid in bed for hours nearly forgetting about Kazumi to focus on the expression Leven had given her.

Leven is usually grumpy... but he has never looked at me like that. It was like he was really mad this time. But why? He can't read my mind so how would he know? He can't, can he?

Even now, as she stood on the main deck tucked in a corner, she thought of nothing but that scowl.

What could I have done to upset him?

Alana groaned, fixing her eyes on small waves crashing against the ship. She had purposely positioned herself in the very back corner, knowing that Kazumi could not see her from where he usually stood by the wheel. Though Leven dominated her thoughts, Kazumi's presence was still there. Alana was not upset with the captain, though she could not place exactly why she wished to avoid him. She thought maybe it was his curt manner after what had happened or the feeling he caused in her. Standing in the corner also provided her with shade from the mid-afternoon sun and kept her out of the way of the working crew.

Above her, she could hear the muffled and distant tone of Ivo's voice, though she could not make out what precisely he was saying. She figured he was on the stern castle deck speaking with Kazumi, and a warm ripple washed over her heart when she could tell that his tone was much more cheerful than it had been.

Alana tore her eyes away from the sea and to her right, to the bow of the ship, ahead of them.

We are almost there... just a matter of time until I lose this world. Maybe I will never be on the sea again and smell the salt in the air. I have been ignoring it as much as I could, but the truth is there. I do not know what is going to happen or if anything will work out... if I will be forgiven. But I know that in my last days with them, I want everything to be great. I want to see their smiles and hear their voices as much as I can before it is too late.

Alana stared into the distance as if she were locking eyes with her parents, vision reaching all the way to the Capital. As if she could see the gold dripping from the royal family like nothing, like petty play jewelry, and the smug looks of pride. Her jaw clenched at the thought of the two sitting on their thrones, after hearing tales of their cruelty and seeing it with her own eyes. Every day that passed solidified her beliefs all the more, and she hoped by the time they arrived in the Capital her resolve would be like titanium.

A hand dropping on the top of her head made her about jump out of her skin with a soft gasp.

"I seem to always find you staring into the ocean, dear." Leopoldo smiled down at her. "Planning to jump, are we?"

Alana puffed out a short chuckle, rolling her eyes away from the man. "Good afternoon, Leo."

"Come now, every time you stare off you look so troubled." Leopoldo urged coming to stand beside her. "If you have any doubts or concerns, come to me."

'Come to me now,' Kazumi's words flashed through her mind instantly heating her cheeks upon the memory.

"I am fine," Alana pushed the thoughts down, buried under a giggle. "I promise."

Alana smiled up to Leopoldo, her grin so dazzling it took his breath away and caused a fluttering in his chest

"Dear," Leopoldo reached out to brush his knuckles along her warming cheekbones. "If you keep smiling at me like that, I won't know what to do with myself."

Alana took his words as a playful chat but shifted her smile to the ocean instead. She watched the glistening light dance on the small waves.

"Has your day been alright?" Alana shifted the conversation.

"How sweet of you to ask," Leopoldo grinned, leaning down against the banister. "My day has been horrible."

Alana's brows quickly dug in, looking at him with concern. Her confusion only grew when she saw his smirk as he propped his chin in his right hand.

"Because I have not been able to spend much time with you." Leopoldo finished.

Alana's neck heated but again told herself that Leopoldo was only teasing her as he usually does.

"Your jokes are cruel, Leo. I thought something was actually wrong." Alana gently scolded.

"It is not a joke," Leopoldo hastily defended, a seriousness shooting through his character. "When I am without my dear sunshine, I feel so horribly out of sorts."

Alana felt the heat spread down her back, suddenly feeling embarrassed by his words. She was shamefully aware of her day so far, waking in bed with Ivo and then the Incident with Kazumi, and now Leopoldo is making her heart speed. Alana felt ashamed to be caught in the interest of many men, or rather have her passion be caught by so many.

Truly, what sort of woman am I? Feeling like this for all of them I should be humiliated with myself. I was taught that only one man could love me and I only one man, that is how it is supposed to be. To marry a king and devote myself to only him... but Leven, Leo, Kazumi, and Ivo... that doesn't seem possible now.

"And you?" Leopoldo snapped her out of her daze of shame.

"Hm?" Alana hummed quickly.

Leopoldo released a low chuckle. "Your day, dear, how is it?"

"Oh," Alana smiled. "It is fine, I suppose."

"You suppose?"

"Well..." Alana looked away from him once more. "I think... I think Leven is upset with me."

The chuckles that followed her confession threw Alana; the embarrassment sunk a bit deeper.

"I think he is too." Leopoldo agreed.

"Really?!" Alana perked up, focusing on Leopoldo with all her might.

Leopoldo rolled his eyes now, pinning his sapphire orbs on the passing sea instead of her.

"My cute little brother is a hothead, we know this." Leopoldo began. "So, when he feels any sort of negative emotion, he can be quite the child about it."

"What did I do to upset him? What can I do to make it better?" Alana genuinely interrogated.

Leopoldo shifted his eyes up to her without turning his head, side-eyeing the girl as a smirk formed on his lips.

"You made him jealous, dear."

"Huh...?" Alana breathed.

"Though, I can only guess." Leopoldo inserted. "But the scent of Ivo and Captain reeking all over you might have angered him a bit."

Their scent?! Alana's eyes widened, the shame sinking into the abyss, hitting rock bottom with a powerful thud.

Leopoldo noticed her bewildered countenance and freed a sigh.

"As demons, we can sense- or smell- other demons. Right now, all I can smell are those two... clearly. Usually, we can smell a little of each of us on you, as we come across you every day, but today Ivo and Captain are soaked into you."

Gods... so Kazumi could smell Ivo on me... and Leven he could—Alana was mortified, the disgrace she felt tripled as her secrets ran bare.

"You can smell them..." Alana echoed, whispering more to herself.

"Yes, dear. It is quite displeasing." Leopoldo admitted. "But unlike my dear brother, I am not so quick to anger."

"Leo—" Alana began her poor excuses at the ready, ready to defend herself from how he might view her.

"Please, dear." Leopoldo cut her off. "There is no need to defend yourself to me. We all have an understanding when it comes to you. It just appears that today it has finally settled in for Leven."

"Understanding?" Alana mimicked with a creased brow.

"That you belong to all of us, equally," Leopoldo stated matter-of-factly. "Think of the disputes that would ensue if one got selfish."

Belong to? I belong to them equally? They have discussed this? What does that mean? He must mean that they just care for me the same, right? Of course, that must be it.

"So... Leven just needs reassurance?" Alana surmised herself.

"If you ask me, I think he needs a routine naptime." Leopoldo joshed but Alana paid it no mind.

"And it most likely because I smell like Ivo and Kazumi?"

"Mhmm~"

"Okay!" Alana felt a fire in her. "I think I can make it better!"

Alana slightly surprised Leopoldo as she hastily spun on her heel, marching off from the starboard railings.

"And how do you plan to do that, dear?" Leopoldo was on her tail in aching curiosity.

"It is about scent, right?" Alana practically was skipping ahead setting out for her search for the youngest of the four.

The two walking briskly caught the attention of the two men above as they came into view.

"Hello, little dove~" Ivo called out from the level above.

Alana glanced up with a quick smile paired with a wave, slowly her pace a bit. Her eyes shifted from Ivo who brightly smiled to the expressionless Captain who stared down at her with his arms crossed. Alana looked away as soon as their eyes met, ignoring the heat.

"Is Leo bothering you? Would you like me to take care of him?" Ivo taunted, leaning over the stern railing to peer down at them.

"Ivo," Leopoldo's grin sweetened. "Do you not have work to be doing?"

"Don't you, Leo-Leo?" Ivo matched grins with him.

Alana let the two men bicker back and forth as her eyes scanned across the main deck, trying to spot a splotch of white hair before she would go below deck.

I did not know that their scents lingered on me so greatly. I wish Leven would have expressed that to me, but all I can do is try to make it up to him now! But I do not see him enjoying what I want to—

"Shut up, perverts." A voice barked from Behind Alana. "No one wants to hear ya yappin' when it's this hot out."

Alana turned to see Leven emerging from the lower deck, under his right arm he held a bundled rope. Once completely on deck, he discarded it to the side, as soon as it hit the ground a lower crew member hurried to collect it, rushing off.

"When you wrap that post it better be done right!" Leven called out after the rushing man.

His baby blue eyes landed on Alana inadvertently as she watched the crew member disappear into the crowd on deck. His eyes left her just as quickly as he attempted to walk away, heading toward the sterncastle deck.

"Leven," Alana reached out, trapping his wrist in her soft hand.

"What—" Leven's usually annoyed countenance and quick temper crumbled as his body was suddenly pulled. Had he been expecting it he could have easily resisted her, but the sudden loss of balance completely teetered the man. Leven practically tumbled into Alana's chest, and she innocently secured him in place as she used one hand to press against the back of his skull.

Leven's mind was reeling for any grasp of reality. One moment he was walking, and the next all he could feel was warmth and softness. What... is this? So soft.

Leopoldo and Ivo however stood with gaped mouths and wildly furrowed brows. Kazumi's brow twitched at the sight. Alana was acutely unaware of what it seemed like, how scandalous the position looked.

Though she gained more experience with each pirate she was still naïve of herself, not realizing that she created those same feelings within them; not knowing that she could create such heat in the pirates. She was completely oblivious of what she was stirring in each man as she squeezed a statuesque Leven closer to her.

Leven's scent should rub off on me, right? Then maybe once he senses himself, he won't be as grumpy.

"Dear," Leopoldo spoke lowly and darkly, yet as sweetly as he could manage. "Why is Leven's face in your breast?"

Leven's only visible skin near his face were his ears, already a dark red. Breast? Did he say breast? My face... is in her breast? Is this true? No... this idiot would not just shove me into her chest. What idiot would do that? She would drive me mad.

"I am just hugging him." Alana smiled brightly.

Her voice vibrated through her chest, tickling Leven's nose very slightly. It was enough to snap him out of the daze he was trapped in, pulling his head away to reveal a beet-red face.

"Wha-what are you doing?" He snapped shakily. "Let go of me, idiot!"

Alana was unsure how long it would take or how much contact was needed for a demon's scent to rub off, so she was unwilling to release him.

She readjusted her grip and pulled him in again, yet this time pressed her cheek to his as she leaned down to him.

"Hold on," Alana giggled as she cuddled her cheek on his soft skin.

"What... is happening?" Ivo breathed at the odd and unexpected display.

Leven maneuvered his arms out of hers and pushed against her, not hard enough to hurt her but enough to attempt to free himself.

My heart! It is beating too fast! I can't control it; it hurts so bad. This idiot is trying to kill me.

Alana found Leven's struggling in a way precious, she could tell that though he was trying to get away, he was still gentle with her.

"I think you should hug me back Leven." Alana teased him.

"Hell no," Leven grumbled. "Just let me go!"

Leven felt like he was on the verge of a heart attack, not a soul could convince him that his heart was not about to explode.

"Okay," Alana abruptly let go of Leven, causing him to stumble back.

He caught himself on the wall behind him, hiding away his face as he panted for air. An uncontrollable fire was snaking through his veins, throughout his being as he grasped the fabric over his heart.

"What was that, dear?" Leopoldo ignored the crisis of his brother, taking Alana's hand into his.

"Little dove, why are you making us jealous?" Ivo cooed down from above.

Alana could not reply to either one when Leven whipped his reddened face to her.

"What the hell was that?! You trying to suffocate me?!" Leven snapped but was only greeted with a kind smile.

"I only wanted to hug you, Leven." Alana played innocent. "You don't like my hugs?"

Leven's jaw dropped in disbelief at her words. Is she playing dumb or is this idiot that dense?! She had my face shoved into her cleavage! That idiot would never have done that with Leo, or the other two! She told me once she views me as a man but then she goes pulls a stunt like that!

"Whatever," Leven grumbled finally.

The three stood in an envious haze, realizing that Alana had never shown them affection like she did Leven. Ivo knew she initiated a short kiss between them; however, it was nothing compared to that. They could not piece together if it was indeed an innocent hug that seemed scandalous because of their height difference, or if for some reason Alana decided to knowingly seduce Leven.

Kazumi glanced between a smiling Alana and bright red Leven, his golden eyes filling with greed. His mind lingered on that morning, the peachy blush on her face and the way her chest rose and fell.

This is no matter. I have indulged in my treasure more than a simple embrace. Leven's face says it all, he cannot handle Alana as I can. There is no need for me to be greedy when I am the one who still lingers on her lips, when I am the one who had her panting. That is right, Leven cannot compare.

"Aw, brother," Leopoldo finally gave some attention to the frazzled Leven. "You're a bit red, are you okay?" He teased.

"Shut up!" Leven barked. "It was unexpected..." He mumbled under his breath.

"Oh, I don't blame you, Levy." Leopoldo pulled Alana into him, pulling her into a side embrace. "This dear girl would light me on fire too."

Leopoldo's fingers found themselves beneath her chin as if he were presenting her. Alana flushed at his teasing and rolled her eyes playfully.

"Shut it, perv." Leven ran a hand through his snow-colored hair. "Anyway, Idiot—"

Leven was desperate to change the subject, and Alana gave him her full focus.

"I need your help."

"My help?" Alana cocked a brow, but an excitement bloomed in her.

She had never been more bored than when they were out at the open sea, now that she was no longer a maid on the ship, she had nothing to do.

"That's what I said, right?" Leven griped.

"What do you need help with?" Alana excitedly asked.

"Again?" Leopoldo chimed in, shooting daggers at his younger brother.

"It is in my room, just come on, Idiot." Leven turned to go back down the stairs.

"Who is the pervert now?" Leopoldo accused. "You want to take Alana into your room for what?"

"None of your business, perv." Leven countered, grabbing Alana's wrist to steal her away from Leopoldo.

Leopoldo instinctively wanted to pull her back, he did not want another tug of war to ensue. So, he allowed her to flee his arms, his heart cracking a bit when her hand left his.

"Levy! If you keep her too long, I am coming down there!" Ivo sang out as Leven practically dragged Alana down the stairs.

Alana heard Leven grumble something under his breath as they took the stairs down. All the crew members in their way parted at the sight of Leven and bowed their heads to cast their eyes to the ground.

"What do you need help with Leven?" Alana asked again curiously as they turned the corner.

"You'll see." He mumbled.

I have no idea what he could need my help with, but I am excited no matter what! Leven also doesn't seem as annoyed as he was earlier.

The two came to a sudden stop in front of her cabin door, Alana nearly crashing into Leven's backside. With a tilted head she looked between her door and him.

"I thought you said you needed help in your room?" Alana questioned.

"I do," Leven snapped. "Go get your sewing crap."

The pieces clicked together in Alana's head quickly and her eyes lit up with joy.

"Okay!" She beamed, letting go of his hand to race into her cabin.

Alana held a small tin box of needles and thread, as well as her scissors as they walked the few steps to his room. A nervous tightness hid in the back of her mind.

I have never been inside Leven's room before... I wonder what it is like. She thought to herself for a moment as Leven pulled out a key from his trouser pockets.

"You lock your room?" Alana quizzed while she watched Leven push the key through the keyhole.

"If I don't that pervert brother of mine will just walk in," Leven explained grumpily. "I have found him laying in my bed too many times."

Alana giggled at the imagery she imagined. Leo and Leven are so silly.

Finally, Leven twisted the key and swung his door open, Alana's eyes went wide once more.

"Wow," She breathed taking in the sight.

So many books! She stepped into the room which resembled more of a library than a bedroom.

Save for the spaces his bed and dresser took up bookshelves lined the walls going to the ceiling. Thin chains gated the books in, Alan figuring it was they would not topple off during a storm. She was amazed and surmised all at once, moving further into his room to examine the books.

They're all fantasy! Romances! Fairytales! I would have never thought Leven to read such things, moreover, even like to read to this extent!

"Quit gawking and come over here." Leven snapped.

"Leven, you never told me you liked to read!" Alana brightly smiled at him as she turned.

Leven scoffed. "Why would I? It's not important."

Leven opened a chest at the foot of his bed, and Alana began to move toward him.

"Yes, it is!" She beamed. "I love to read as well! We could have been reading together all this time."

Leven's cheeks were still flushed red and threatened to stay that way as Alana continued to speak.

"Who said I wanted to read with you?" He retorted.

"Oh, uh..." Alana's smile wavered. "I am sorry—" She was cut off by the sight of what Leven pulled from the chest.

"Leven?" She questioned apprehensively eyeing the sword in his right hand.

"I want you to put this," Leven held up the embroidery patch in his left hand. "On this."

Alana pulled her brows in, confused by the request. Can I even do that?

"I—I can try." She nervously chuckled. "Can I hold it?"

A short pause fell over them, but Leven did hand over his wakizashi. Alana's arm dipped when the weapon was placed in her hand, she was not prepared for the unexpected weight of it. She inspected the sword closely, focusing on the hilt. Tight blue threads wrapped around the base before crisscrossing into a diamond pattern.

"I think I can." Alana decided, running over fingers over the threads.

I will have to be very meticulous, but the threads on the sword do seem thick enough to add a patch.

"Good," Leven handed over the square fabric.

Once in Alana's hand, she dropped to the floor, sitting crisscross, and immediately got to work. Leven looked her over with furrowed brows. -

"You can... sit on the bed if you want..." Leven's tone was so low it was almost a whisper.

Alana grinned at him from the floor. "This is okay, I'm fine."

"Whatever," Leven shrugged and joined her on the ground, leaning his back against the chest.

Alana selected a shimmering royal blue thread to match the hilt and the stem of the flower. Making the steam blue was just a design choice, she had plenty of green, but she wanted to match Leven's eyes.

Alana plucked up her scissors and began to cut out the embroidery, careful not to nick any of her threads. Leven tensed when he saw her begin to cut, fearful that she would mistakenly ruin the patch, but he kept his mouth shut and trusted her.

"So..." Leven muttered. "What was that? Really."

Alana peeked up from her work for a split second. "Hm?"

"That 'hug'," Leven scowled. "Why did you do that?"

Leven tried his hardest to keep his blush from deepening.

"OH..." Alana chuckled, maneuvering her scissors around the patch. "Leo told me that you were probably upset because the scent of Ivo and Kazumi was so strong on me. So I figured I would put your scent on me as well."

Leven's hardest was not enough and his scowl deepened.

"He said what?!" Leven almost roared.

Alana's brows slightly twitched in confusion as she picked out a needle.

"If I knew you guys could sense each other through smell—"

"We can't, idiot!" Leven barked. "Maybe while we are transformed, we can sense other demons if they are close enough! But there is no way we could 'sense' each other in human form!"

Alana's jaw fell open, eyes wide and her heart racing with humiliation as her fingers paused on the needle.

Leopoldo... lied to me? So... I hug Leven so suddenly and tightly... for no reason?

"But... how would Leopoldo know about Ivo?"

Leven sighed, massaging the bridge of his nose.

"We heard the two of you last night! Our rooms are right across from each other, idiot."

"But... Kazumi..." Alana searching for any explanation.

Leven's lips pressed into a thin line, and he cut his eyes away from the girl. "I told him..."

"When I saw you this morning... you were disheveled, and panting... and your lips were swollen red. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what just happened." Leven admitted bitterly.

"That pervert wouldn't leave me alone, asking what was wrong... so I told him what I saw, you were coming from Captain's quarters."

All Alana could think to do was hide away for the rest of her life, humiliation could not properly encompass how she felt. Her face heated with warmth and her stomach dropped.

Why would Leo...

"That idiot perv jokes too much..." Leven grumbled. "He probably just wanted to see the look on your face."

The look on my face? A joke?

The corners of Alana's mouth twitched as the thoughts settled, she couldn't contain the laughter bubbling in her. Leven glanced at her baffled as soon as he heard the first snort.

"Are... you seriously laughing?"

Alana's snort rolled into a fit of giggles before booming into unbridled laughter. She made sure to hold on to the needle but raised the back of her hand to her mouth.

"I... can't... believe... Leo... did that!" Alana spoke between laughs.

"It is not funny! That perv just wanted a reaction!" Leven countered.

His light blue eyes were fixated on her features, filled with pure happiness. The sound of her laughter rang through his ears and vibrated around his heart.

I have never heard her laugh like this. It is so loud... but so beautiful, the most beautiful sound I have ever heard. But the idiot is laughing at something Leo did.

Alana reigned in her laughter as best she could. "Gods... I am so embarrassed." She giggled.

"You're embarrassed but you are laughing...?"

"It's just... I am sure what I did," Alana laughed more. "Probably confused everyone so much, I must have looked so foolish."

Alana indeed felt silly about her actions, but her laugh came from just that, considering what Leopoldo had done was a prank. In a way, laughing was like coping with humiliation.

Alana did not mean much by her words, but they punctured through Leven's soul, his scowl softening into sorrow. He shifted his gaze from her to his lap, his bangs shrouding his eyes completely.

Alana did not notice his expression as she threaded her needle and placed the flower badge onto the hilt.

Leopoldo's jokes are cruel, I cannot believe I made a fool of myself in front of everyone. But either way, I got to hug Leven so I cannot be too upset.

"Hugging me..." Leven's voice was darkly low.

Alana peered up to him as she was a few stitches in, her laughter dying out.

"Makes you look foolish?" He whispered.

Alana's face contorted in confusion. "What?! No, I didn't mean—"

"Shut up!" Leven bit, his body stiffening. "Just... shut up." He finished in a whisper.

Alana pursed her lips, biting the inside of her cheek. Her heart crumpled at the thought of hurting Leven's feelings even more.

"You told me," Leven kept his eyes down. "That you view me as equal to the others... but that's not true, is it? If it, as you wouldn't treat me so differently..."

"I don't—"

"You would shove Captain's face into your chest?! What about Leo's? Ivo's? You don't view me as a man! So, what am I?! A joke?!"

Alana breathed out, wildly confused by his accusations. My chest...? I did not mean to... it is just our height difference; I wasn't even thinking about that!

"Leven—"

"What do I have to do to prove to you that I am a man?" Leven finally peeked through his bangs.

"Nothing," Alana countered quickly. "I see you—"

Her words were lost in a grunt as she was suddenly flat against the ground, she did not even see Leven move. The sword clattered to the ground between her legs, as her right wrist was pinned to the ground.

Leven hovered over her, a strange, hardened look on his face.

"Leven?" Alana breathed searching his features for his intention.

Leven was straddled over her, his piercing through her with a half-lidded expression and creased brows.

"How come you treat me so differently?" He whispered, almost like he was talking to himself.

Alana noted that the tone of his voice was the same sweet tone he had in Kori, his natural voice when he was not masking with annoyance.

"I... I don't mean to." Alana shyly replied, the thumping in her heart growing.

"You get all pink and flustered when the others touch you..." Leven explained quietly. "I see it, I am not blind."

Alana was at a loss for words, she had no excuse to give Leven. She knew exactly what Leven spoke of and felt ashamed by it.

"That face you made this morning..." Leven's eyes shifted to her parted lips. "I want to you see make it for me."

He quickly closed the gap between them, pushing through the tension to connect their longing lips. Alana shut her eyes tightly, not expecting the suddenness of it. At first, the kiss was just lips pressing against each other, but Leven quickly changed that. Working his lips against hers, begging for entrance past her fullness.

Alana could feel her pulse thumping all over her body, her heart racing filled with so much emotion she could not stand it. The guilt and shame crept up her spine but the passion coursing through her overwhelmed such feelings.

How greedy am I? Ivo, then Kazumi, and now Leven. All in less than a day. What sort of woman have I become? Alana raised her free hand to caress Leven's cheek as she reciprocated. I know I should be ashamed; I know this isn't right... but my body, my mind, everything feels so good. I can't help that my heart aches for them.

Alana lightly gasped as Leven removed his lips from her, disappointed that the kiss had ended, but she was wrong. Once his lips left her, they moved down her jaw, tracing hungry pecks down to her neck. Alana harshly gasped once more when Leven's mouth attached to her jugular. The same flame returned to her body as she squirmed beneath him.

Why does that feel... so good? Alana inadvertently let loose a noise she had never made, a small moan that quaked its way through Leven.

Alana could not see his face but it was just as red as it was on deck, his heart beating so wildly that he once again feared for his life.

This idiot... she is going to be the death of me. She makes my heart so crazy; I have felt nothing like this before. This warmth she gives me, I want it all.

Leven pulled his lips down to her collarbone, lightly sucking on her soft flesh. He trailed just like that to the middle of her chest, right above the neckline of her dress. Finally, he sat up and looked down at Alana. Her face was bright peach, her eyes closed, and her chest heaving. When she peeked open her eyes open Alana saw that Leven was in the same condition.

His fingers hooked the top of her bodice, gently pulling it but not enough to displace the fabric.

"Tell me I can do this," His ragged breath mixed with his pleading words. "Tell me, please?"

Alana had no idea what he was wanting, but in her present state of mind, she had no intention of denying anything.

"O-okay." Alana nodded.

Leven paused for a moment but pulled the fabric down, revealing all the cleavage he was previously in. He did not expose her breast as that was not his goal; he lowered his head down to the middle of her chest.

Alana loosened a shaky breath as his tongue licked at the spot between her breast as if he was marking his spot. She shuddered more than his lips pressed into her and began to suckle once again, though this time he did so firmer.

Alana felt his teeth gently biting into her skin, but the pain could not compare to the pleasure.

What is this? What is he doing to me? Another breathy moan lightly fell from her lips.

Gods, everything about this idiot is so sweet... so warm. Leven relished her heated skin between his lips as if he could absorb it himself.

At last Leven's lips parted from his body and he inspected his work. Once he was satisfied, he released the fabric and it snapped up to conceal their secret. He sat up completely, uncaging Alana's form. Her wrist tingled when his hand left it, feeling like it was still holding onto her. Before Leven moved away from her entirely, he placed the back of his hand behind her neck and lifted her back up to a sitting position.

Alana felt dizzy and disoriented from the heat beating through her. She took a deep inhale hoping it would calm her raging pulse, but to no avail.

Leven watched her from where he was originally sitting, taking in the sight of her flustered state.

There it is, that look on her face, and this time it is just for me.

Alana curiously peered down to her chest, pulling the fabric back herself, and her brows pulled in at the sight. A small bruise, in the form of a rough circle, was left behind on her skin.

"That proves you also belong to me," Leven spoke as he watched her examine the mark. "If the others can make you blush, so can I."

Alana peered up at him, surprising him with a soft smile. "Of course, I do." She agreed.

Leven's blush deepened while his heart soared within him.

"I never thought of you as less, not at all. Maybe it seems that way because the others are bold with their advances, and I am just not used to that. But you have always made my heart race, Leven. I promise you; you also have my heart."

Alana explained gently, still lightly panting from the experience, but she felt like she needed to tell him that as soon as she could. As much as her heart was beating with desire it was also breaking at the same time at the thought of hurting Leven.

Leven cut his eyes from her, containing a joy beyond belief. "Whatever."

Alana softly giggled at his behavior returning to his standoffish ways.

"Besides, this is like marking your spot." She pointed to the mark with a soft laugh.

Leven forced himself to roll his eyes, glancing back at her.

"Yeah, so don't let anyone else in my spot."

"Okay, Leven. Whatever you want." Alana laughed a bit more, reaching for the sword once again.

Do I seem collected? Gods, I don't want to embarrass myself in front of him as I did with Kazumi. I have to at least pretend like they cannot completely undo me.

The two of them sat in silence, the tension weighing both down in a suffocating atmosphere.

Alana tightened the last stitch and cut the thread, smiling at her work.

"What do you think?" She grinned at Leven, handing the sword back over to Leven.

Once in his hands, he looked it over closely, adoring every thread embroidered on it.

"It's fine," He looked away from it aloof.

"Well, it is pretty, right?" Alana's large eyes were pinned on him full of hope.

Leven huffed, placing the sword on the ground beside him. "Yeah, it is pretty." He mumbled.

"Good, I am so happy—"

Alana was cut off by the sound of the doorknob rattling.

"Levy~! Open the door." Ivo's voice sang on the other side.

Leven ignored him, sighing in annoyance.

"You cannot hog our little dove~"

"He isn't gonna quit," Leven muttered as he stood to go toward the door.

Before he could reach it in the small space it swung open, utterly halting him. On the other side of the door stood all three of the other pirates. Kazumi stoic with crossed arms, Ivo with a threatening smile, and Leopoldo with a smirk holding up a key.

"Give me that!" Leven snapped, snatching the key from Leopoldo.

"How testy," Leopoldo teased. "You can have that one, I have six more."

"What?!"

As the brothers argued Ivo took the opportunity to invade the room, coming to kneel beside Alana. She tried to quell her heart rate as she met his pale green eyes, wishing that the blush had gone away.

"Was Levy so harsh he wouldn't let you sit on his bed?" Ivo smiled.

Alana matched his with a sweet one of her own.

"No, I decided to sit on the ground! I find it is easier to do with no blankets in the way or the bed dipping! Flat surfaces are better for me."

Ivo's grin widened but his eyes were dark.

"What?" He questioned.

Alana smiled brighter, pointing to the wakizashi.

"If I drop a needle, it is hard to find in the covers." She explained.

Ivo shifted his gaze to Leven's blade at first not seeing what she was talking about but then spotted the flower on his hilt.

"No, I am not going to tell you where the other keys are, I find that defeats the entire purpose of having them." Leopoldo pushed Leven's forehead back to come into the room as well.

"What do ya think this is?! Who said you could come in?" Leven barked as Kazumi followed Leopoldo.

Ivo was now holding the sword and reviewing the work Alana had done. His insides were already wrapped in jealousy and seeing the customized blade made it all the worse.

"This is no fair, little dove." Ivo flicked his eyes to Alana. "I want you to do mine as well."

Alana radiated excitement. "Okay!"

"Mine as well, whatever it is." Leopoldo chimed without a clue of what Ivo was talking about.

Kazumi peered down at the weapon and pieced it together quickly.

"You will do mine too."

Leven groaned loudly, throwing his hands up in frustration.

"Just get out of my room!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 79K 104
You don't even own a gun, but you still manage to shoot several men in their hearts? What in the world should you do now? It's now your entire respon...
227K 10.8K 56
↳ ❝ [ 残酷な意図 ] ❞ ━ yandere kny x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a low-ranking demon of questionable origins captures the ...
841K 38.7K 54
↳ ❝ [ CHANCE ] ❞ ━ yandere squid games x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, an ex-military girl finds herself in such debt that she t...
173K 4.4K 20
Reminder : › Blood › Obsessed › Trigger (?) › Horror (?) › Thriller (?) › Murder (?) [★⟩ ------------------ ⟨★] Y/n is a normal girl who's innoce...