Falling Effect

By holl1e27

The Falling Effect: When you do something that causes something else to happen (i.e. you fall down, you scrap... More

SYNOPSIS AND AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHARACTER AESTHETICS AND PLAYLIST
Prologue
1. Finding Out
2. Telling the Truth
3. To Forgive or Not To Forgive
4. Twins are Genetic!
5. Whining and Dining
6. Hockey Pucks, You're Fucked
7. Twin Sisters and Little Sisters
8. Nightmares and Comfort
9. Drinks and.. Forks?
10. Rough Night?
11. Future Sister-In-Law
12. Kicking and Screaming
13. All Mine
14. Intimate
15. Date Night
16. She Was Never Yours
17. Beach Boys
18. Mama and Mamacita
19. There Will Be No Cocomelon in This House
20. Daddy Issues
21. Lover Boy
22. Forever and Always
23. I Do
24. Love is More Than A Four Letter Word
25. Bonded For Life
26. Get Pucked
27. Gala Preparations
28. Needy
29. Baby Voice Activated
30. Christmas Eve-Eve
31. Baby's First Christmas
32. Sunday Mornings
33. Mother Pucker
34. (Double) Lunch Date
35. Mornin' Lovin'
36. Powdered Sugar
37. Die-Hard Swifties
38. Cup Finals
39. Fantasy Land
40. Yes, Asher Still Loves Taylor Swift
41. Precious Moments Ruined
42. Lost Your Mind
43. Trial and Error
44. Walking and Talking
45. 365 Days
46. Not Just Another Sweet Romance
47. Sick Days
48. Birthday Boy
Epilogue - Forever My Always
BONUS CHAPTER - 1
BONUS CHAPTER - 2
Most Valuable Parent?
Book Poll - Updated!
Spin-Off: In Dirty Harmony - Release Date Announced!
Book 2: Falling Forward
Book 3: Falling Together

35. Beach Babies

21.2K 473 31
By holl1e27

Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles

I look out at the water before Greyson comes into view, Asher in the carrier against his chest. Sailor and I lay on the beach while Chris and Greyson did God knows what. After having lunch with them yesterday, we made plans to hangout today, Ellie and Evan included. Although, I'm not quite sure where they are. And I'm not quite sure I want to know.

"I come bearing alcohol!" Ellie's voice cut my thoughts off as she appears right above me, an oversized t-shirt covering her swimsuit and her hair was a little crazy.

"You're half an hour late." I say, looking up at her.

"It takes time to make Piña Coladas this good." She says, shrugging her shoulders before handing me one.

"Why do you have three?" I ask, taking a sip of mine.

"Well, I forgot that Sailor doesn't drink until I had already put it in a cup. More for us though!" She says, spreading her towel out before sitting on it.

Sailor chuckles, lifting her head from her arms. She was currently laying on her stomach with her arms folded under her. "You're something else." She says, holding out her hand. "Give it to me, I'll drink it." She says as we both furrow our brows. "My brother's anniversary was a couple of weeks ago, I think I won't be too mad at myself for one Piña Colada." She says before Ellie shrugs, handing her the cup. "Jesus, this is strong." She slightly grimaces.

"I make em' good." Ellie says as we all lightly chuckle.

"Babyyyy." Greyson's whiney voice echoes towards me.

"What?" I ask, looking over at him.

"Come swim." He says as I laugh, shaking my head. He starts walking over. "Don't you want to swim with your beautifully handsome husband and adorable baby, who won't be this small forever."

"Way to steal my words." I say, sitting up, reaching my arms up as he grabs ahold of my hands, pulling me up. He takes the carrier off of him after handing Asher to me. I intertwine our fingers with my free hand as Asher rests on my hip in my other arm. "Is it cold?" I ask as we make our way to the water.

"It's not bad actually." He says, shrugging his shoulder and sliding his sunglasses up. My feet meet the water and I instantly freeze.

"Liar!" I swat his chest and he starts laughing.

"I am not lying, you're just a wimp." He says before I swat his chest again. "Come on." He moves behind me, placing his hands on my hips before he leads me further into the water.

"Holy shit!" I try to turn around but he doesn't let me. "Babe, it's too cold for him." I say, looking at Asher.

"Give him to me, I'll keep him out of the water." He says, still laughing at me.

I hand Asher back to him and take the opportunity to try and make a run for it but Greyson stops me before picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder. I slap his back, "Greyson Everette Rhodes! You put me down right now!" I say as Chris and Evan laugh.

"Ooh. You got your full name used!" Chris says from the shore.

"I'm not kidding. Put me down." I slap his back a couple more times.

"Okay." He says before he flips me backwards off of his shoulder.

"Fu-" I cut myself when I submerge underwater, but not before my backside slaps the top of the surface. I quickly stand up, wiping my eyes. "Holy fuck, that hurt." I say, referring to my stinging back.

Greyson has the audacity to stand there in laugh at me. "You motherfucker. You better be very thankful that you have that baby in your arms right now." I point my finger at him as he laughs harder.

"Are yo- Are you okay?" He says through his laughter.

"I'm so glad you find humor in my pain." I say reaching my arms out for Asher.

"I'm sorry." He gives me a guilty grin, handing Asher off to me.

"No, you're not." I say, turning around and walking to the shore. I walk past Chris and Evan who are literally rolling on the ground laughing.

"Dude. Have fun in the doghouse." Evan says when Greyson walks past them.

"You're definitely sleeping on the couch tonight." Chris adds.

I snort, "Try outside."

"What?!" Greyson asks, his voice going up an octave.

"You heard me." I say, sitting back down on my towel, under the umbrella.

"The couch I understand, but outside?!"

I just shrug my shoulders, laying back down with Asher on my chest. "You gotta learn your lesson somehow."

He stands over me, dripping water on me, I didn't mind considering I was more soaked than him. I open one eye to see him looking down at me with a certain look on his face. I knew that look. Boy, was I gonna have some fun tonight.

✳︎

"Is he asleep?" I ask as Greyson comes walking into the living room, turning on the baby monitor that was on the table beside the couch.

"Yeah." He says, flopping on the couch, laying his head in my lap. "Can we do face masks?" He asks as I pull my gaze from my book to look down at him.

"If you want." I say and he quickly sits up before running up the stairs like a little kid. A couple of minutes later I hear him practically flying down the stairs before he comes through the doorway with a couple of face masks, headbands, and the little silicone applicator in his hands, a sheepish grin on his face.

"As much as I would love to sex it up tonight, I'm exhausted." He says, returning to his previous spot on the couch with his head in my lap.

"Honestly, me too." I say, threading my hands through his soft hair.

"Here." He hands me the face mask stuff as I bookmark my book, setting it down next to me. He slips on one of the headbands, pushing his hair back before I giggle. "What? Are you jealous of my perfectly clear and soft skin?"

"No, I am not jealous. I just can't take you seriously with your hair like that." I say, squishing his cheeks.

"I think I'm adorable." He says, looking up at me as I start to apply the charcoal face mask to his face.

"I think you're pretty cute too." I say, a giggle escaping my lips. "Especially when you have a face mask on."

"I swear, if any of the guys ever find out about that I do this with you..." He says.

"Maybe you shouldn't have thrown me into the water earlier..."

"You wouldn't..." He says, narrowing his eyes at me as I grin at him, raising my right shoulder in a shrug.

"Guess you'll just have to wait and see." I say before he moves his hand and starts tickling me, making me jerk my arm and get some of the face mask on my leg.

"No, stop it!" I jerk my leg, nearly pushing Greyson off the couch. That finally gets him to stop. "You made me get it on my leg." I pout.

"Relax, it's not like it's on your pants." He snaps.

"That's not the point." I say, wiping it off with with his t-shirt.

"Hey!" He snatches the hem of his shirt back.

"It's your fault it's on my leg in the first place."

"So..." He huffs, laying back down in my lap.

I tie my hair up in a bun before slipping the headband on and Greyson grabs the applicator from my hand, sitting up. "You're turn." He says, smiling at me before we switch, so I'm laying in his lap. I close my eyes, letting him put the face mask on me. "What do you want to watch?" He asks while continuing to spread the mask out across my face.

"Hm.. I don't know. Give me some options."

"Fast and Furious?" I open one eye to see his concentrated look on his face.

"That's a whole series, you can't just watch one."

"You do that with Harry Potter."

"Yeah, because I've seen it a million times and put it on for background noise. Plus it's not exciting fast cars." I say, chuckling. "And I only watch the first one usually."

"I know, you can quote the whole damn thing."

"What can I say, I'm a nerd." I say, grinning.

"Quit smiling, you're messing me up."

"Sorry. " I say, trying to stop the giggle that escapes my mouth. Greyson gently slaps my thigh and I laugh more.

"Evelyn!" He whines but laughs with me.

"I'm sorry." I say, still laughing.

"Stop ittttt!" He says, making me laugh harder as he swats my thigh again.

"I can't help it!" I say through laughs.

He all of the sudden gasps, I open my eyes to see him squinting before I feel him pluck a hair out of my head. "Ouch!" I reach up, rubbing the spot where he pulled the hair.

"You have grey hair!" He holds it in front of me as I gasp, sitting up quickly. He starts laughing before I snatch the strand of hair out of his fingers.

"I cannot believe you'd not only point it out, but you pulled it out of my head?!" I shove his chest, "What is wrong with you?" I ask as he continues to laugh.

"You are just on a roll today." I say, huffing.

"Don't worry, I still love you, even if you are getting old and going grey." He says as I reach out and grab one of the pillows, hitting him with it.

"Hey!" He holds up his hand "Not the face mask!" He says before I hit him with it again.

"You better watch your back. After all the shit you've pulled today, you are not on my good side right now." I say, setting the pillow down as he smiles at me.

"I love you." He says, his tone turning a bit more serious and I can't stop the grin from spreading on my face.

"I love you too." I say before he leans forward, placing a sweet kiss on my lips.

"Now, lay down and quit smiling and/or laughing so I can finish this goddamn face mask." He says as I chuckle, laying my head back on the inside of his thigh.

The minute I close my eyes and feel the applicator back on my face I start laughing again. Greyson huffs, "Evelyn Flora Rhodes, I swear to God!"

God, I could never get tired of the way his last name sounded with my name.

And just like Greyson could read my mind he says, "Damn, you work my last name baby." He says, snapping his fingers as I laugh. "Slay!" He says, making me laugh harder.

"Oh my God! You sound like a teenage girl!" I say, before I accidentally roll off the couch, my chest hitting the carpet with a thud, from how hard I'm laughing. I raise my head to see Greyson peaking over the edge of the couch before we both burst into a huge fit of laughter.

"Jesus, baby, are you okay?" He asks through his own laughter as I sit up on my knees. I couldn't even answer I was laughing so hard. "You still don't have the goddamn face mask on all the way."

"Just-" I can barely get the words out and my stomach had begun to hurt as I continue to laugh, "Just leave it. It's fine."

The rest of the night is spent with just as much laughter, in fact, I'm pretty sure I peed my pants a little at one point.

Word Count: 1,982
Thank you guys SO much for 30k views.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7M 504K 67
Book 1 in the "Life in-" series Scarlett Rain Rhodes is just like every other 17 year old high school Junior. She goes to school, makes good grades...
105K 4.9K 52
Book 3 of 3 Highly recommend you read books 1 and 2 first. Mel just moved back to New York City. She left four years ago after the love of her life...
9K 200 17
Skyla Wren Anderson is an Australian brunette with green eyes, dimples and freckles. She's short but feisty. Loves to read and now works with a new...
943K 27.1K 66
COMPLETED - It's puck at first sight for Jules Martin, when his gaze falls on Luna Larsson at his first College ice hockey game with a new team. The...