Falling Effect

By holl1e27

The Falling Effect: When you do something that causes something else to happen (i.e. you fall down, you scrap... More

SYNOPSIS AND AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHARACTER AESTHETICS AND PLAYLIST
Prologue
1. Finding Out
2. Telling the Truth
3. To Forgive or Not To Forgive
4. Twins are Genetic!
5. Whining and Dining
6. Hockey Pucks, You're Fucked
7. Twin Sisters and Little Sisters
8. Nightmares and Comfort
9. Drinks and.. Forks?
10. Rough Night?
11. Future Sister-In-Law
12. Kicking and Screaming
13. All Mine
14. Intimate
15. Date Night
16. She Was Never Yours
17. Beach Boys
18. Mama and Mamacita
19. There Will Be No Cocomelon in This House
20. Daddy Issues
21. Lover Boy
22. Forever and Always
23. I Do
24. Love is More Than A Four Letter Word
25. Bonded For Life
26. Get Pucked
27. Gala Preparations
28. Needy
29. Baby Voice Activated
30. Christmas Eve-Eve
31. Baby's First Christmas
32. Sunday Mornings
33. Mother Pucker
35. Beach Babies
35. Mornin' Lovin'
36. Powdered Sugar
37. Die-Hard Swifties
38. Cup Finals
39. Fantasy Land
40. Yes, Asher Still Loves Taylor Swift
41. Precious Moments Ruined
42. Lost Your Mind
43. Trial and Error
44. Walking and Talking
45. 365 Days
46. Not Just Another Sweet Romance
47. Sick Days
48. Birthday Boy
Epilogue - Forever My Always
BONUS CHAPTER - 1
BONUS CHAPTER - 2
Most Valuable Parent?
Book Poll - Updated!
Spin-Off: In Dirty Harmony - Release Date Announced!
Book 2: Falling Forward
Book 3: Falling Together

34. (Double) Lunch Date

19.6K 463 22
By holl1e27

*This is a double update! If you haven't read chapter 33, go do so now!*

Sunday Morning - Maroon 5

"Can we please have another one?" Greyson whined, pulling Asher onto his chest.

I shook my head, a laugh escaping my lips. "Babe, it hasn't even been a year since we had this one."

"But look at his cute little face." He pinches Asher's cheeks as Asher giggles. "And he's been so good. The kid hardly ever cries."

"You know that means the next one is going to be the total opposite, right?" I say as he shrugs his shoulders.

"Well, we don't know till we have it." He smiles up at me, giving me his best puppy dog eyes.

"No." I say as he pouts. "Enjoy this one while he's still little."

"I do enjoy him, I just want to watch him be a big brother." He says, making my heart melt into a puddle.

"Well, you can watch him be a big brother for the rest of his life, when the time comes." I say as he sighs.

"Fine." He looks back at Asher, "You're lucky you're adorable." He pulls his arms down, kissing him on the cheek. "Can we go out to lunch?"

I run my fingers through his hair, "That's fine." I say as he smiles, sitting up from laying on my lap.

"Finally something you agree to." He mouths.

"I've changed my mind."

"Wait, no, please. I didn't mean it. I love you." He says, grabbing my face with his hands, slightly squishing my cheeks in the process. "You're pretty." He says as I laugh.

"I love you too." I say, leaning forward to kiss him. He grins into the kiss before I pull away. "You're hopeless."

"I am not." He says, standing up with Asher in his arms.

"You for sure are, but whatever helps you sleep at night." He walks out of the living room, totally ignoring me as I chuckle. Standing up, I bend down, picking up a couple of Asher's toys that were scattered around the floor.

Tossing them into the basket against the wall, I make my way upstairs. I hear Greyson talking to Asher, in Asher's room, and my heart melts into a literal puddle.

Of course I want to have more kids with him, just not all at once.

"Evy." Greyson's voice echoes as I peak out of the closet.

"Yes?"

"Are you sure you don't want another one yet?" He says holding Asher up in the little hockey jersey.

"Greyson." I give him a look as he pouts.

"Meanie." He says as I chuckle.

"Baby!" I yell back before I hear footsteps coming towards me before my frontside is being pinned against the closet door.

"What was that?" He asks, his mouth right by my ear. My breath gets hitches in my throat. "You'd do well to remember to keep your attitude in check, Evy. Wouldn't want something to happen in front of the baby, now would we?" I feel his hand on my ass before he walks away, leaving me already breathless.

I quickly get dressed, slipping on a pair of mom jeans and a tight baby blue shirt that I tucked in to my pants. Slipping on a pair of converse, I walk out of the closet, the same time Greyson and Asher come walking in. This time Asher has on a little shortsleeved onesie, with Mickey Mouse on it with a pair of cotton pants. Being February, it was just chilly enough for Asher that he couldn't wear shorts, even if it was only 70 degrees, Greyson says its "perfect running weather".

"Are you ready?" He asks as I nod my head, slipping my phone into my pocket and reaching my hands out for Asher, who happily obliges.

"Where do you wanna go?" I ask as a grin appears on his face.

"Chick-fil-A." I lightly chuckle, resting my arm under Asher's butt as I head out of our bedroom.

"Can you grab the diaper bag?" I yell behind my shoulder. When I hear nothing I turn around on the stairs. "Greyson?"

"What?"

"I asked if you could grab the diaper bag?" My eyebrows raise.

"Oh, I nodded my head. But, now I'm realizing that you couldn't see that." He says as a laugh escapes my mouth.

"You're lucky you're cute." I say as I hear him scoff.

"We both know I'm more than cute."

✳︎

"Have you talked to Chris at all, outside of practice and games?" I ask, taking a sip of my coke.

Greyson leans back in his seat, staring straight ahead of him. "Actually.. No, not really." His eyes meet mine as a confused look appears on his face, mine probably matches. "Have you?"

I shake my head, slipping Asher's pacifier back in his mouth. "No. That's weird, right?"

"He's your brother. Why are you asking me if it's weird."

"Well, he's your bestfriend." I say as a smile spreads across his face for a moment.

"Yeah, it's weird. Has Ellie?" He asks, leaning his elbows on the table.

"Nope." I say before I hear a familiar laugh. Both of our heads snap in the direction of the sound to find none other than my brother sitting at a table on the other side of the room. "No, fucking way." He's standing there with his arm around, drumroll please, Sailor Maddison.

I stand up and start walking over to them, I can hear Greyson behind me and Asher babbling something. Chris looks up and his eyes widen. I waist no time in sitting in one of the chairs across from them, Greyson joining me as we both smile at them.

"Ev? What are you doing here?" He tries to sound calm, but I know better.

"Eating lunch. What about you?" I say, grinning at him.

"Same..." Sailor chuckles from beside him.

"So uh... what's going on here?" Greyson asks, wiggling his eyebrows before I hit his chest. "Ow."

"That did not hurt." I say, rolling my eyes.

"It's the moral of the act, Evy." He frowns as I chuckle.

"Toughen up, Buttercup." I pat his head before turning my attention back the two in front of me. "Anyways, what's going on here?"

"Oh, so it's okay when you ask?" Greyson asks, his voice slightly going up in pitch.

"Greyson. Shut up." I say as he narrows his eyes at me before I pull his chair towards mine and he puts his arm around me, kissing my temple.

"I want the baby." Chris says, holding out his arms.

"Answer the question first." Greyson says, smiling cheekily at him.

"We're eating lunch. Like I told you a minute ago." He shrugs his shoulders.

"Yes but, you're eating lunch, with Sailor." I say, nodding my towards her. "And you have you arm around her."

"Greyson has his arm around you." He says.

"Greyson is my husband." I say as Greyson grins proudly. "Wait. Are you guys together?" I raise a brow as Sailor's cheeks turn a little pink.

"Yeah." She says as I sit up straighter.

"Finally! Jesus, if I had to wait another day, I was going to lose my shit." I say.

"You may have my baby now." Greyson says as I chuckle.

"Dude, must you call him your  baby every time?" Chris asks, leaning back in his seat, pulling Sailor closer to him.

"Good Lord woman, what have you done to my brother? He's showing PDA." She grins over at me as my facial expression mimics hers.

"I'm just badass like that." She shrugs her shoulder as I chuckle.

Greyson finally passes Asher over to Chris, who immediately gushes at him. Sailor smiles over at the two of them as my heart nearly bursts for my brother. I'm glad he finally has someone, and I'm glad it's Sailor, she's cool.

We end up bringing our food and belongings to their table and have lunch with them. It was a perfect little lunch before the week started and our lives got hectic again.

Word Count: 1,299

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 2.5K 36
When bad things happen there must come a silver lining because, without one, there is no moving forward, however, for Iris, it's not all so easy. On...
201K 5.6K 51
She's sick. He's heartbroken. They put a ring on it. The line between deals and promises is beginning to blur. * What starts out as a deal between...
108K 3.1K 35
A single mom with a past, and a tattooed bad boy who needs to change his future. Macy Roberston knows better than to get too close to the bad boy hoc...
267K 3.7K 55
"π‘Œπ‘œπ‘’ 𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑙 π‘˜π‘›π‘œπ‘€ π‘€β„Žπ‘’π‘› 𝑖𝑑'𝑠 π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’, π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘Žπ‘™ π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’, π‘π‘’π‘π‘Žπ‘’π‘ π‘’ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ 𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑒𝑑𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑙𝑦 π‘ π‘‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘ 𝑏𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔...