DOMINO - Eustass Kid x Reader

By WombatSquid

"Love is like a theif, it robs you of all thought and logic, and all you have left is a heart that you can on... More

CHAPTER ONE: Heist
CHAPTER TWO: Unluck
CHAPTER THREE: Below The Belt
CHAPTER FOUR: Of Use
CHAPTER FIVE: Prove Your Worth
CHAPTER SIX: Showtime
CHAPTER SEVEN: Good Doggy, No Bone
CHAPTER EIGHT: Snipe
CHAPTER NINE: Too Far
CHAPTER TEN: One-Eighty
CHAPTER ELEVEN: Buck You
CHAPTER TWELVE: Impressive
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: Brotherly Lovebomb
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: Bad Idea
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: Measurements and Temperaments
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: Hands
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: Put On A Show
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: Unforseen Circumstances
CHAPTER NINETEEN: Shutting Up
CHAPTER TWENTY: Can't Stress Enough
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: Facts
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: Not The Case
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: Stick Around
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR: Pop
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: Bottoms Up
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX: Lock and Key
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN: Back-Up
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT: Go For The Throat
CHAPTER THIRTY: Blue
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE: Hypothetically
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO: Wrong Idea
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE: Olive Branch
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR: Consider It
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE: Off The Record
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX: Why?
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN: Homeward
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT: Testosterone
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE: Concerns
CHAPTER FORTY: Scrap
CHAPTER FORTY ONE: Get Me Out of Here
CHAPTER FORTY TWO: Know
CHAPTER FORTY THREE: Sentimental Shit
CHAPTER FORTY FOUR: Farewell, Water 7
CHAPTER FORTY FIVE: Change
CHAPTER FORTY SIX: Ready
CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN: Prying
CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT: Kid
CHAPTER FORTY NINE: Life
CHAPTER FIFTY: Off My Chest
CHAPTER FIFTY ONE: Freak Out
CHAPTER FIFTY TWO: A Day Out
CHAPTER FIFTY THREE: Morale
CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR: Red
CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE: Guilt
CHAPTER FIFTY SIX: Done
CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN: Bad For Me, Worse For You
CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT: There For You
CHAPTER FIFTY NINE: Be
CHAPTER SIXTY: Can I Be Honest?
CHAPTER SIXTY ONE: No Place Like Home
CHAPTER SIXTY TWO: Pretty Pretty
CHAPTER SIXTY THREE: Something Stupid
CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR: Selfish Passion
CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE: For This Moment

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE: Scars

1.8K 95 67
By WombatSquid

We never got to get revenge against Cognac. By the time we had dealt with his crew - now corpses - he'd been long gone, and with the Navy closing in we hadn't had the opportunity to hunt him down.

Two days passed by slowly, the crew taking it easy due to their injuries and long-lasting hangovers. Whatever Cognac had put in the stuff he had given everyone really did a number on them. I was lucky enough to get away with nothing more than a concussion, an impaled wrist and a sliced torso.

"He's in a mood." Killer warned me when my hand poised over the handle to the infirmary door, passing by with a hamper of dirty clothing.
"When isn't he in a mood?" I let my hand drop and turned to him, keeping my intrusive thoughts to myself instead of outwardly commenting on how he looked like a housewife with a basket of laundry resting against his hip.

"You know what I mean. Just don't rile him up too much. He needs to recover." Killer sighed, the sun glinting off his helmet and into my eyes. "How are you holding up? You went through the ringer too."

Shrugging my shoulders, I gave my injured wrist a few twists. It just had to have been the same one the blond had broken upon our first encounter, but it was holding up. It hurt, but it was manageable.
"Who, me? That was nothing. I'm fine and dandy like sugar candy, my dude."

Mostly.

Obviously unconvinced, Killer decided to leave it be, bringing the hamper around to his front when he noticed me staring and struggling not to tease.
"Right. Anyway, just don't excite him too much. He needs rest."

Mirroring the way he had had his hip jutted out, I raised a brow.
"Excite him? What, you think I'm gonna go in there and give him a little strip tease or something?" I scoffed half-heartedly.
"I wouldn't put it past you." Killer responded immediately, throwing me off.

"Wh..what's that supposed to mean? Wouldn't put it past me? What kind of womanish-thing do you take me for?" I gasped, noticing his shoulders bounce up and down slightly, the clothes jostling in the basket.
"It was a joke, (Y/N). I was joking." He responded without vocalising any laughter, and I deflated a little in a form of relief. "I mean just don't banter too much. Once you get him going he's not gonna stay still and behave."

With that, Killer strolled off to continue what he was doing, leaving me to hesitate a few minutes longer before entering the infirmary. It was kind of dark inside, the faint rays of light peeking through the closed blinds bouncing and glinting off of medicine bottles in the cabinet.

Kid was laying down, just as he should have been, but he was fully conscious, eyes on me before I had even looked towards him.
"Took ya damn long enough. Didn't even bring me any food, did ya?" Staight to complaining. It was a good sign.

"You know you need to fast for blood work." I pointed out, opting to sit on the very end of the bed instead of pulling over a chair. My way of getting close to him but maintaining distance.

With an annoyed huff, Kid let his head fall back into his pillow, staring up at the ceiling.
"Ain't nothin' wrong with me. I've had worse." He muttered, but I knew better than that.
"It nearly obliterated your kidney. You could've died. The smarter bet would've been to squish the both of us. I'm pretty durable, you know?"

A nudge of his foot nearly sent me right off the bed, and I instinctively grabbed hold of his ankle. Once I realised, I decided to keep hold of it for a little while longer so it wouldn't seem obvious I was nervous about touching him.

Silently, Kid stared at me, and my stomach began to do all kinds of tricks. His eyes were the brightest things in the room, like the flash of treasure in the dark depths of the ocean.
"You got a scar?" He wasn't going to get into his reasoning with me, but that was fine for now.

"Oh, yeah, it's pretty sick." Taking the chance to unhand his ankle, I lifted my shirt to just under my breasts, revealing the fresh, unhealed scarring. It was about an inch and a bit above my navel, across the entire width of my torso. Almost dead straight, too.

Again, Kid didn't say a word for almost too long, studying me from his short distance before pulling his blanket down just enough to show his side. On his left was a large patch of gauze, wrapping around from front to back.
"Same." He replied in short, carefully pulling the blanket back up. "I'd take this crap off and show you the other side, but Wire'll kill me, and I ain't got nothin' on under here."

Oh. O H...

"You're naked?!" I abruptly retreated to the absolute end of the bed, unable to stop myself from glancing between his face and a lower region I definitely shouldn't have been thinking about.
"What? Did you wanna see?" Kid teased, a smirk stretching across his slightly paled face.

Snorting in embarrassed - and very much false - disbelief, I shook my head, choosing to gift my sights upon the drip the captain was hooked up to instead.
"N..Not in your lifetime, you perve..." I chuckled awkwardly, letting the conversation die, just like we nearly had back in that warehouse.

There's something I wanna know...

Twiddling my thumbs, I finally allowed my eyes to trail back to his, seeing that they hadn't shifted. It shouldn't have taken me off-guard the way it did, but they just did something to me that I couldn't for the life of me begin to understand.

"So...Your girl, huh..? What was that all about?" I tried to play it off as though I was poking fun at him, but I needed to know. It had came out of nowhere, after all. "You trying to manifest something, Kiddo?"

Kid shifted and started to try and pull himself up to a seated position, and I immediately jumped to his side to hover and help if needed. I hadn't expected him to move his hand around to the back of my neck and pull me close to his face.

"Did it work?"

Blinking like a stunned owl, I tried to find any trace of joke or amusement in his face, but came up empty. He was being completely serious, and it made my heart nearly jump to my throat.

"V..Very funny...Your comedy routine is getting better..." My laugh was pitched and fake, and he knew. Of course he knew. The man had brains on top of brawn, and it served for a dangerous mix.

"I bit out a man's throat for you. Don't I get even a little bit of a thank you?" He asked, an expecting lilt to his otherwise rough voice. The scene of him painted with blood, crazed look in his eyes came flooding back, and I swallowed dry.

"You...didn't do that just for me...You were gonna kill him one way or another..." I murmured, fighting with the urge to either pull away or close the gap between us. Fight or flight, and I wasn't sure which would be the right move.

Kid studied me close up for a while, his breath unbrushed yet not unpleasant as it fanned across my face. A teasing taste of him.
"True, but not like that. With metal, or a weapon, sure, but not with my own teeth. That was just for you..."

This absolutely should not be as hot as it is, but my god...

I didn't consent to the violent shiver that rolled up my spine, but I didn't hate it either. He had me right where he wanted me, inching closer with every frantic beat of my heart.

"K..Kind of fucked up, don't you think..?" I didn't want to whimper as the hand on the back of my neck added a little bit of force, but my body was falling prey to it all too easily.

"Mmhmm..." Kid hummed distractedly, close enough now to steal the breath straight out of my lungs. That's what it felt like he was doing. "...But you liked it, didn't you, sweetheart..?" This was happening. He was going to kiss me, and it was a long time coming. It was another thing I would end up liking way too much.

Wait...

Just as his lips grazed mine, I jerked back, hiding my wince of pain behind a scowl as I backed away a few paces.
"I'm still colossally pissed at you, Mister!" I snapped, and Kid just sat there, completely taken aback before his expression pinched to match mine.
"What the actual fuck are you bangin' on about?!"

In my emotional intoxication, I had almost forgotten about those two women he had been all snuggled up with that night. Too close, too handsy. The same two girls I had shot dead without a second thought.

"You really think I'm gonna fall for your weird, demonic charm attempts after you were basically dry humping those two girls on that couch?" I derided, folding my arms across my chest. After about three seconds the realisation hit him, and the particular smirk I hated spread across his face. The smug one, that really ruffled my feathers.

"What? You jealous, brat? Is that why you blew their brains out? I'm flattered." He taunted, seeking a rise out of me, as per usual. Grinding my teeth, I tried to give myself a few extra moments to think of a rebuttal when I turned and stalked towards the door.

"On what planet do you think I'd be jealous?! I know your type, Kid. You want it all! Everything and everyone! Well, I may have decided to be a part of your crew, but I sure as hell didn't sign up to be one of your little playthings!"

I really was mad. Upset, too. Hurt. Mad at myself for actually forming feelings for him. Upset that he had expected I wouldn't bat an eye at what he had been up to. Hurt that I knew he was that type of man. Frustrated because dammit, I still wanted him.

"Quit bitching up the place, brat. That was all for show, and you know it. You're mine, and the look on your face that night proved it." Kid sighed, as though he were stating a true fact. He was, but I wasn't about to give him the satisfaction of confirming it.

"Go to hell!" I hissed with as much venom as I could muster before storming out the door, seething and muttering curse after curse as I stomped away, right past Killer who was returning from his chore.

"I guess maybe I was concerned about the wrong maniac getting riled up..."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
***Double update tonight because I've been so inactive.

Kid needs a time out and Killer needs some aspirin.

Next Time: You What?!***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1K 1.6K 37
Leaving Wano, Kidd looks to rebuild his crew. They stop at a little restaurant. Killer's eyes land on a girl that has the exact locket that he gave h...
30.4K 1.6K 40
Family. If only it was something that was easy to obtain. Having lost your chosen family in Marineford and the Payback war, you fled onto an independ...
5.6K 295 19
Being done with someone isn't always easy. It's really hard to get over them... But sometimes... you need to lose someone to realize how truly import...
2.6K 96 9
This is an old one! This is from 2015, and I feel like it deserves a place here. An old story about my first semi original concept. I was about 15, b...