Bucky Barnes X Y/n: I hate yo...

By Y3llow_8utt3rfly

Her hands were scarred of murder, her eyes, dull and glassy as she loses her luster and her soul longing for... More

Author's Note
Avengers Compound Visuals
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
κ§ΰΌΊπ“—π‘œπ“‚π‘’ π’±π’Ύπ“ˆπ“Šπ’Άπ“π“ˆΰΌ»κ§‚

Chapter 41

457 10 6
By Y3llow_8utt3rfly

*Bucky POV*

I walked to the kitchen when I saw Y/n sleeping soundly on the couch with her little pet tucked under her chin whilst she watched tv, which was playing some sort of cat and mouse show which made me laugh at the way she was concentrating on it.

Just when I wanted to make something, I heard her cries and quickly looked over, 'Bucky, where are you', she whimpered as I quickly stride over, take her into my arms and rest her head onto my chest, 'you're okay Doll, it's just a dream', I reassured her whilst she tightened her grip around me and I strolled my hand on her cheek which made her calm when I felt her release her grip and melt into me, 'you found me', she muttered as I began to chuckle and kissed her cheek, 'I found you Doll', I replied, smiling down at her, 'I'll always find you', I whispered and continued to watch over her.

When she moved her head to try and find a comfortable spot and position, I moved my arm under her legs, swept her up and began to carry her up to the room when her head fell onto my shoulder and she tucked herself into me whilst I smile at her.

When I got her into bed, I climbed in after her and hugged her into me, but she turned around, wrapped her arms around me and buried her head into my shoulder whilst I grab her leg and wrap it around my waist.

I like her this close, I like sleeping with her, it feels so natural that I can't sleep by myself even if I tried, but I like when she comes over to me and actually pouts at me for not waiting for her to get into bed first, which I find adorable and cute on her part, so I don't unless she's in bed, or I literally put her over my shoulder and make her go to bed with me, which she laughs about and then I'm the one convincing her to come to bed earlier and she easy folds, which makes me laugh.

________

'Coulson's sending in a team to bring everyone in', Bruce tells us when we've completed our mission and we've successfully brought down another hydra base with everyone inside, this was almost coming to an end and I'm glad I got to take part in bringing down an organisation that not only tortured me, but took so much away from me.

'Make sure everyone's accounted for, we don't need anyone slipping away from us', Nat tells Pietro and they work together to make sure we have everyone whilst I look at my phone.

You guys okay, I read the text from Y/n and smile to myself, even though she's in her final steps of recovery, we didn't let her come on this mission with us, even though she's doing much better, she doesn't need to be out on the field so quick, I was the one to convince her otherwise, even though she was reluctant, I was the one to convince her otherwise.

Yeah, I respond back, but got a small bruise, so I'm going to need you to kiss it better, I tease and she sends me back an emoticon of a laughing face, then a love face and I can't help myself from laughing to myself.

'Hey, love struck puppy, once your done over there, we need some help', I hear Sam call out to me and I give him a low grumble and put my phone back in my pocket.

'Robbie', Wanda calls out and we all turn to see the scrawny kid walking over to us, 'what are you doing here', she asks him, but he does nothing but stare at the people behind us, 'where is my brother', he says to them and I notice his eyes flash amber, when he walk pass us and makes his way towards the hydra agents.

Then he hauls one of them up and slams him against the wall, 'its time to pay for your sins', he growls and then we're all shocked and taking a step back when he turns into a fiery skull.

Everything around us shakes when he shouts and uses his chain to wrap around the hydra agents.

Thor landed at our feet when he tried to take him down, but he was too strong and when the hulk did the same, he was thrown right beside Thor, 'Robbie', Nat yells at him but he was on a course of vengeance and it looked like he wasn't going to stop.

'Robbie, no', we heard an unfamiliar voice and turn to a boy that was sat in a wheelchair, 'Robbie', he tries again and it's then he stops and looks at him, 'I'm okay, I'm here', he tells him, then when it's been a moment, we see him transform back into himself, 'Gabe', he says breathlessly and his brother nods, 'I'm okay', he confirms to him and we're all watching him because we've never encountered anything like him before.

________

'Did they hurt you', Robbie asks his brother and he shakes his head, 'no I'm fine', he confirms to him.

'Coulson's putting you in protective custody, no one will touch you, but it means I won't be able to see for a while', Robbie tells him.

'What, no, I'm not going anywhere', he says.

'I have to many enemies, you are my only weakness and I can't take the liberties of keeping you close where I know anyone can get you', Robbie explains to him and then looks over at Y/n, 'I'll leave him here with you guys until Coulson comes, make sure he's safe', he tells her and she nods.

'Once I've dealt with that our uncle has done and Hydra, I'll come back for you', he tells his brother, but he does nothing but grab the wheels of his chair and stroll out the room, 'he's mad, but it's the only option', he says and then looks at us, 'make sure he stays safe', he tells us all and then grabs his chain that was wrapped around him and begins to make a portal.

Once he's disappeared, we look at each other, 'is he an inhuman', Tony's the first to ask Y/n and she shakes her head, 'no', she replies, 'he claims to have made a deal with the devil to get his revenge from an accident that left him almost dead and his brother paralysed', she explains, 'kinda hard to believe that he did, but the skull on fire gives a compelling case that he might have made a deal to get his revenge', she explains to us.

*End of POV*

________

Once I was recovered fully, Wanda helped me with the other parts of my memories, granted it took weeks to recover, but I was glad that I was getting them back, it was time I remembered who I was and what kind of person I really was.

I opened my eyes when Wanda finished our session and stare up at Bucky who was hovering above me and looking at me so intently, I thought he'd break me in half, 'who are you', I said, breaking the silence and feel his hand squeeze my own and see the worry etched in his brow and it's then I laugh, 'I'm joking', I said and feel his grip on my hand loosen slightly, 'your so annoying', he mutters and sighs a reliefs whilst I laugh again and hug him, 'I promise I won't forget you again', I said and then share a kiss under his ear, it's one of his sweet spots and I know he loves it there, 'promises promises', he responds and I snicker.

Bucky stayed with me the entire time, he held my hand through all of it because he was afraid I'd forget him again, but I didn't, I remembered him through all of it and I was just grateful to Wanda that I got a glimpse of what my past used to look like, and I was just grateful.

After the first few weeks, my nightmares became more vivid, my memories coming to the surface, but we're out of place that I couldn't quit place them. Even if Bucky was near me when I slept, my dreams didn't want to stop, so he did everything in his power to calm me and make sure I didn't get out of control again.

________

I was out with Emori when Wanda fixed the last part of my memory, it was all in jumbles, some parts I couldn't make out, but there was one piece, one memory that made me get some prospective on things and I just wanted to see if it was right.

I stopped outside of the gate, looking in and seeing it empty, he must be out, he's usually in around about this time, but I guess not today, 'Hi Y/n', I heard the familiar voice as I turned around and saw him with Scout on a carriage whilst the team we're with him too, 'Hi Oscar', I respond as he smiled, 'I was walking back when I saw Steve and Bucky', he says as I nod a little, '...and then I met the rest of the team, they're great', he followed up as they laughed whilst I did too and he walks over, reaches over the gate and opens it.

'I'll bring him in', I offered as they laughed again whilst he opens it fully and I reach out and grab his bridle and ushered him in, 'why does he have a cart on him today', I asked as the team followed us in and he closed it behind us, 'I went to drop off some groceries for some people', he replied as I nod and move over so I could unlink him to his carriage.

'Oh, you can just leave that on, I'm going again', he says whilst picking up some baskets and handing me one, 'come on, you can help me with the other half', he says, handing the rest of them to the team whilst I nod, and we follow him to the back of the house and proceeds to open another gate.

'I didn't know you had another horse', I said after it caught my eye and he nods, changes his direction and walks over to it whilst we follow, 'He's retired, so he has all this field to himself', he says as I smile and stops next to the gate.

Then he lets out a loud whistle which got the horses attention and came galloping over, and when I wanted to ask, Oscar already had the answer ready, 'his names Bandit', he says, and I look at him again, he was a little darker then Scout, had the same brown eyes, the same black mane, but a white line going down his forehead, which separated him from Scout, 'He looks like Scout', I said when the horse slowed down and stepped over to the gate, 'He should do, he's his dad', he says as we snicker and he puts out his hand and stroked him, 'good boy', he says, giving him a loud pat on the side, 'here, grab that bucket over there', he points out as I look over, walk to it and pick it up whilst seeing a mixture of food in it and I stop infront of him, 'He's not going to bite you, bring it closer so he can eat', he says whilst the team laughed and I moved closer as he instantly shoved his head in and began to eat.

'For a retired horse he's strong', I said as they snickered again, and he laughed whilst grabbing the metal handle that was on it and directed it to the hook.

I let go once it was stable and smiled as he carried on eating, 'his favourite thing is to eat everything I grow', he hints as I giggle whilst hearing the team do the same and began to follow him again.

'Do you live alone Oscar', Nat asked whilst he shook his head, 'No, my wife's here somewhere, she just loves to be out on the field when I tell her not to', he says as we laugh whilst my face brightens, 'is her name Mary', I asked as he looked at me, almost surprised and nods, 'yeah, have you met her', he asked, and I shook my head, 'No, I just took a guest', I said whilst he nods and opens another gate, and we step through.

'Wow, you grew all this Oscar', Wanda says as we look over and see the field all ploughed with long branches stood tall and some very big tree's at the back, 'yeah, well, with the help of my wife of course', he says as she nods, and we walk over to where he needs to.

'Oscar is that you', we heard a woman's voice from somewhere as I see him smile, 'yeah, it's me honey, where are you', he called out.

'Near the tomato's', she says as he turns a sharp left and then stops as we do too, 'Mary, would you please just leave that alone, I've told you I'd do it, you could hurt yourself', he says.

'I'm not going to hurt myself, besides, it's only digging up dirt and putting seeds in, how am I going to hurt myself', she questioned, as he stepped over to her and I take a glimpse of her, the same blue eyes, a short smile on her freckled face, really short hoops in her ears, and wore a dark blue dress, the only difference, was that she had a few wrinkles and silver hair.

'Come on, I told you to let me worry about the fields', he says, putting a hand over to her, so she takes it and helps her up whilst she rolls her eyes, 'seriously, I cannot do anything, this is why I like you out of the house', she says as we began to laugh which made her look over at us and then at him as she smacks his hand, 'I told you to tell me when you bring over guests', she says as we carried on and he soothed the area she hit, 'firstly, that hurt, second, I just ran into them', he says as she shook her head a little and picks up his arm, 'now, kiss it better', he teased as she rolls her eyes and hits him again, 'don't be annoying Oscar', she implied as I laughed under my breath, I missed her so much, the thought ran across my mind when Oscar began to introduce her to everyone and shook their hands.

When she got to me and I shook her hand, her grip tightened when Oscar said my name but released after a few short seconds and smile, 'nice to meet you all', she says as we smile at her, 'Likewise', Sam says as she shared a smile and nods.

'Okay, go clean up please, Alice invited us over for dinner', he says, and I watch her face brightened and smiled, 'pick some flowers, we'll take them over with us', she suggested as he nods at the request, 'consider it done', he says whilst she laughs and walks back.

________

We got back to the cart once all the baskets we're full with fruit and loaded it up, 'How long have you lived here Oscar', Vision questioned.

'Since the fifties, a very different time but I kept up the maintenance since', he replied.

'Well, you've done great on it', he followed as Oscar smiled, 'thank you', he responds whilst I hand him the next basket and puts it in, 'is this all going to a farmers market', Steve questioned, putting his basket in, and making room for the rest, 'No, I mean, I do sell some stuff in the market but most of it goes too people I know', he explained.

'The people you protect', I point out as he looks up at me, 'yeah, how did you know', he questioned.

'I told you too', I followed up as I saw his brow pull together, '...remember, step number one, Nous protegrons ceux qui ne peuvent pas se proteger eux memes', I said as I saw his eyes grow, 'Do you remember Oscar, do you remember step number one', I asked as he finally moves and then nods, 'we protect those, who cannot protect themselves', he said as I smiled and nod, 'the first code of the family, you remembered', I said.

'Y/n', he says.

'Miss me', I said as he finally chuckled and shook his head as I picked up my hand whilst my thumb and finger we're inches apart, 'not even a little', I said as he moved his hand over to mine and pushed them together a little, 'about this much', he says as I roll my eyes whilst he laughs again.

'You came home', he said as I smile and snicker at the same time, 'I'm home Oscar', I said as he engulfed me into a hug and I giggle whilst holding me tight, but something came over me and I just instantly push back tears.

This was comfortable, safe and all the love I remembered.

We pulled away as I continued to stare at him, 'you haven't changed at all', he says as I smile and continue to push my tears back, '...your still as I remembered', he continued, putting his hand on my cheek, and I let him, 'my baby sister', he says as I laugh to mask my tears and hug him again.

'I missed you so much', I said as he chuckled and nods, 'I missed you too', he says as I look over at Bucky who was smiling with the rest of the team and that's when a tear fell down my cheek whilst he pulled away, smiled and wiped it clear off my cheek, 'I think I changed my mind', he says as I look up at him and furrow my brows whilst he moved his hand up and I saw a gap between his thumb and index finger, 'I missed you this much', he says as I giggle whilst Emori came out from under my jacket, climbed onto my shoulder, yawned and then stretched as I continue to laugh.

'Well, that's new', Oscar says as I snicker whilst she sits on my shoulder and I pet her head, 'Her name's Emori', I informed him whilst he looks at her and then at me, 'Oh like...', he began when I nod and smile, 'yeah, it must have been a name branded in my head that I named her', I cut him off, and making him chuckled again and I continued to stroke her.

________

'You sure you got a tight grip on that bridle', Oscar says as I sighed, 'I've got it Oscar, seriously, how useless do you think I am', I said as I heard the team laugh again whilst Mary did the same thing.

'Well, don't blame me when something catches his eyes and he goes running off somewhere', he says as I roll my eyes, 'the only thing he'll be running off from is you', I said as they continue to laugh.

'How long do we have to walk for, you said ten minutes, it's been more than that', I said.

'Because I know you'd complain about it, besides, who doesn't like a little bit of exercise', he says as I look back at him, 'I'm not complaining, I just hate when you don't give me a straight answer', I said.

'And here I thought you loved me', he followed up, and I roll my eyes again, clearly frustrated whilst they all chuckle again, 'now I know what Mary has to put up with', I muttered.

'Right', she blurts out and then looks at him, 'I told you Y/n would be on my side', she said and this time I'm laughing with the team.

'Where are we going then', I asked as he looks over at me, 'It's a surprise', he replied as I shook my head a little.

________

We finally came to a stop and I look up to see a huge black gate with white pillars stood tall on both sides, 'do you remember the code Y/n', Oscar asked, and when I look over at him, I nod, 'great, you can put it in', he instructs as I walk over to the box, lift up the lid and punch in the code.

We then heard an unlocking mechanism and the gate opening soon after, 'Come on then', he says after I noticed he was by my side and walked in whilst they followed and I looked at him, 'I don't think it's a good idea for me to be here Oscar', I said as he stared back at me and smiles.

'What do you mean, It'll be fine', he says as I shook my head side to side, 'No, I mean, I don't know, what if they're angry with me', I said.

'They're not angry, no one is', he says as I reluctantly nod and move my hand to Emori to pet her, 'It's changed', I said, trying to change some of the conversation as they both snicker, 'yeah it has', Mary agreed as I smile a little, 'you know Arthur told me about you', Oscar says as I look back at him, 'really', I said, intrigued.

'Yeah, he would always say how you we're like to everyone, I just couldn't hear it because I already lost you once and I couldn't afford to do that again', he said.

'Sorry, I didn't know Arthur was doing that', I said as he smiled and nods, 'I didn't mind it, people liked it and I couldn't stop making him talk about you, besides, if I did, they'd have nothing left to hope for', he says as I nod a little.

'You know, I have a lot of my memories back but the only thing I couldn't comprehend was the location of this place', I said, 'I didn't know it twenty minutes from the compound', I say.

'Really', he says, more of a question.

'Yeah, I lost a lot of my memories and now there's a lot more pieces I can put together without any problem'. I said.

'You know, I tried to find you', he began as I stare back at him, 'I looked everywhere, every facility, every hidden base Shield and Hydra had, but I came up empty, and it was like you we're gone', he says.

'They kept me in cryogenesis for almost forty five years, it was a base of the border off New Zealand, and I was kept there for monitoring, torture, experimenting, and all the other stuff that came after that', I said.

'I'm sorry, I should've done better', he says as I shook my head, 'you don't have to be, it wasn't your fault, Hydra had more to blame then anyone, Pierce had no sympathy or guilt for what he put me through', I said.

'You know, when I got the call that Pierce was dead, I didn't believe it, I had to physically switch the Tv on, and when I did, I had to sit down because so much was going on and it gave me an overwhelming sense of relief that he was gone and couldn't harm anyone else', he says, moving his hand down the bridle as he carried on, 'that was one of the days, I could muster up to actually go visit your grave and tell you in person', he said.

'Really, you have a grave for me', I said.

'It was more for remembering you, even though you weren't physically there, we needed something to cope, a lot of people did, and I guess visiting the stone helped ease their minds and their worry', he explained, '...a lot of people couldn't move on, not until the threat was naturalised, not until we saw you home, or until we knew someone would pick up where we had failed, if someone just took the initiative to take down Pierce, this mess would be gone a long time ago'.

'You as well as I know things would have gone very differently if things ended up differently, that's why when I found out Pierce was almost close to figuring out the lies and deceit I had been feeding him, I knew the right thing was to give you and everyone up, I had to give up my freedom to make sure they we're all safe, that's why I kept my mouth shut about it, because I knew someone would talk me out of it and I couldn't factor that into my mistakes, so I took everything, burned every shred of document and every evidence I had and walked away', I said.

'I know, I saw your goodbye letter, at first I was mad, you walked away like we didn't go through hell together, but deep down I think I already knew what you we're going to do, even though I didn't want to believe it, I think I already knew, and I thought the same would happen to me', he said.

'I'm sorry', I said with a sigh, 'I told Pierce that you wouldn't interfere with his plans, I told him I would give myself up if he left you and Evie out of this and he agreed', I say as he looks back at me, '...Evie was my fault, I should've protected her better, she died because of me', I said whilst he shook his head, 'Evie was never your fault, neither was it my own and the only people at fault for that was the people that tormented her, she deserved better', he says as I nod and internally agree, Hydra was never a threat to her, only people that we're threatened by her and they took it upon themselves to take her out and I guess they did.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.9K 847 128
Michelle lost her entire family in a fire as a little girl. She then grew up in various homes for orphans. All her life she longs for the family that...
12.3K 557 23
~~Completed~~ Margaret had arrived almost 6 months ago now to visit her friend Natasha. After being rescued from the Red Room when she was just a you...
41.3K 1.2K 25
"Natasha, stop running." Bucky caught her wrist and forced her to look up at him. Her eyes were wild and frantic. "I can't." She pulled away. "Why no...