Chapter 27

I was up on the roof, again, writing in my journal when Bucky comes out and joins me as I straighten out my legs, so he had space to sit down whilst seeing him open up an envelope, 'what's that', I asked as he began to read it, 'there's a new exhibition in the museum and I've been asked to come', he replied as I looked down at his letter.

I wonder if I got one, the first time I went, I had actually enjoyed myself after a very long time, so I visited quit a few times after that, 'I need to bring a plus one', he said as he pulled me out of thought and I nodded slightly, 'I'm sure Steve won't say no if you ask', I implied as he looked at me whilst I continued to write. 

'He's busy, do you want to come', he asked as I looked up at him, 'uhm, I don't think...'.

'Come on, it'll be fun', he suggested as I finally agreed and he smiled as I took the letter from him, and looked to see if we had to wear anything specific.

It was a formal event, damn, I don't have anything for it, and I hate going shopping for myself to look for something as simple as a dress, I mean the last time, I wore one was at the party, I hated it and the time before that was when I was with Coulson's team, I had to wear one because I was undercover, and I was actually more comfortable in that then I was when I had to wear Tony's.

'I need a new suit, so I'm gonna need to head down to town', he says as I look up at him and nod whilst he jumps of and I hand him his letter whilst he looks back at me, 'aren't you coming', he said as I turned to him, '...don't you need to get something too', he asked as I nod again.

'Yeah, but I'll get mine afterwards, the event isn't until tomorrow anyway'.

'It's better if you just get it now, it'll just be a waste of time, besides, a lot of shops close early now', he implies as I agreed, he was right, they do. At least owners could at least stay open for longer, but I wasn't complaining, they have a hard time at it is and need to keep up with demand, so I finally jumped off and followed him down.

I put my journal in my room as I grabbed my jacket and we both headed out together, he was excited for some reason, I don't think he's been to anything special, I mean I was excited too, but he was more thrilled, seeing as I could see it written on his face.

________

I headed to the counter whilst Bucky got measured and fitted for a suit as I stood back and watched. He chose a black tuxedo with a red/marron handkerchief that was folded neatly into his pocket on the left side of the jacket, he looked really good, he looked way too sexy for his own good.

I quickly shake off my feeling and proceed to look for something for myself, at least I didn't need to go anywhere else because they had both women and men sections, and I was glad that I didn't need to go far.

I continued to look around, disagreeing with a lot of their choices, there was a lot that was strapless, some with no back, which I hated so I ignored that section all together.

There we're some that had slits down the side of it, with full length arms and at least there was cloth at the back of them. I didn't really mind wearing something that showed some part of my leg because to me at least that was one part of me that I liked so I wasn't really all that bothered.

________

I came upon the perfect one and brought it as the women gave me the bag after she put my shoes in and Bucky came over, I totally forgot he was getting fitted, I was so busy that it didn't cross my mind, 'I'll pay for his too', I said as Bucky budged me over and shook his head, 'Nope, I can pay for it myself', he implied as he smiled, and I did too, but discreetly so he didn't notice.

'Did you get anything', he asked as we left the store and I nodded, 'yeah, I did', I responded as he chuckled and took my bag so he could carry it, 'Bucky, I can carry it'.