Chapter 55

I watch the curtain sway side to side as the summer air rolls in from the open door that I had left open sometime last time, even though the AC ran in the whole house, I liked the swaying of the curtains, the cloudless blue skies, the chirping of baby birds, the smell of freshly cut grass, and everything else summer brings.

I then move my eyes when I hear a small hum and see Noah stir, so I smile and move closer to him, 'rise and shine handsome', I whisper and see a small smile on his gorgeous face, then he moves closer and wraps his arms around me, which makes me smile so I wrap my arms around him too.

I'm then kissing him awake and smile when he tries to fall asleep again, 'wake up', I said and run my hand on his face, 'I'll make some hotcakes if you do', I negociant and he's then waking up with no protest from his part, which makes me laugh, 'my greedy handsome little thing', I say and I'm then watching him laugh as I move my hand over his face again and swipe his hair to the side.

'Let's go get washed up and I'll make all the hotcakes you want', I said and then get out of bed and I put out my hand, which he takes and then gets out of bed himself.

When we get into the conjoined bathroom, I turn the tap on, grab a wash cloth and wet it.

Then I'm washing up and when I'm helping him, I smile when his eyes wake up even more, 'Look at that, you're more handsomer now', I say and he laughs.

'Pee', he says, so I put the washcloth down whilst he walks over to the toilet, so when I get there, I lift the lid for him and he stands next to it, 'eyes', he says and I laugh and put my hand over my eyes, 'I'm not looking', I tell him.

________

When I've helped Noah get ready for the day, we walk out of his room when I see his eyes light up and a big smile on his face, 'Pappa', he yells and I look up and see Bucky stood opposite us whilst he leans against the handrail.

'You stole my wife sir, I want her back', he says and Noah laughs whilst I refrain from laughing myself, because I was still mad with him.

'No, mine', he says and before he could hug me, Bucky scoops him up with his right arm and tickles him, he'd given up his left arm after he found out I was pregnant, so he put it away and kept it under lock and key, which was completely his choice to make, but I have to admit that he seems happier without it on, like all the weight of the world he carried with him, all melted away and he doesn't need to think about anything, but his commitment to our family.

'She's mine first', Bucky says to him, and while they're interacting, I walk down the hall, 'Doll', I heard Bucky behind me, but I ignore him until he wraps his arm around me and I sigh, 'let me go', I tell him, but he doesn't, 'I'm sorry', he says next and spins me around, 'you're right, I acted stupidly and I didn't have to hit the other idiot', he says and I move my eyes to him, 'that's not the point, he was an idiot for flirting when I already told him I was married, but you didn't need to hit him, that was stupid of you, and I knew how to deal with it', I said next and he nods, 'I know and I'm sorry', he repeats and I sigh, 'He's sorry Momma', Noah says and I look at the pair of them and sigh to myself, 'your lucky I have a soft spot for handsome men', I said and they both laugh and Bucky shares a kiss on my cheek.

'Let's get everyone ready', I said, and then be the first to walk to the next door and open it.

When I've reached inside, I walk over to the curtains and pull them apart, 'Momma', I heard a groan and when I turn around, I see a blob under a blanket and a pillow over their head, which makes me laugh, 'wake up', I say when I walk over, take the blanket off and then move the pillow, 'Momma', she warns again.

'Hey', I said, 'mind that tone', I say next and when she pouts, I move closer to her, 'don't make me eat you', I said and when she smiles, I tickle her, 'okay, I'm sorry', she says and I smile and kiss her forehead, out of everyone she's the one that developed my anger problems, 'wake up, I'll make you your favourite breakfast then', I said and she's beaming, 'really', she cheerfully says and I nod, 'yeah, let's get you dressed first', I said and she get's out of bed, 'go use the toilet and I'll pick something out for you', I said.