Chapter 19

I grabbed my empty mug, and walked back in with the duo, and saw the team awake whilst they had their breakfast, and I threw my cup away.

'Uh guys, the suit is done', Tony says as they all look over at him, he usually doesn't come this early, but he did for some reason, 'well done you', Wanda cheered as he shook his head, 'No, I mean I never finished it', he says as I sighed under my breath, might as well tell him, he's going to find out sooner or later. 'I finished it, god knows what kind of mess you made down there, but I finished it, you're welcome', I said as they chuckled, and I headed up to grab my jacket.

'Aren't you going to eat breakfast', I heard Wanda's voice from the steps and shook my head, 'No, I've already eaten', I said, loud enough for them to hear it.

_________

I was taking a walk with the team after Wanda suggested ice cream, so after we got them, we took a little detour around the city, some parts I've never been before, so it was my first time seeing all the new places, the fresh flowers on branches that we're stuck onto the brick wall, and everywhere else around us.

'We should go on a trip, somewhere nice', Wanda suggests whilst the team laugh at the idea, 'we don't get time remember', Vision replies and she just smiles and shrugs her shoulders, 'it was just an idea', she says.

'We're going to new Asgard in a few weeks so your more then happy to come', Thor suggests to her whilst she beamed a smile, 'really, I've never been, yes, we should go', she says and when they fall into conversation, I dodge a few people to busy looking where they we're going and just when I was going to move away from the next person, I heard a voice overhead, 'memory lane', it said as I look down and see a ring beneath my feet that glowed blue and began to scan me, whilst I turn and see what is happening, 'replay your significant memories, now at a discounted price', it says as I look at the shop infront of me, 'we remember so you don't forget', it finishes and when I hear some voices, I turn to see a huge projection infront of me.

I don't know what was going on, or what was happening, but I stayed still and watched the events infront me.

The video became clearer and I watch as I see myself lying on the ground covered with blood, sweat, dirt, and bruises, 'I've lived through four decades and seen the most violence, pathetic men slaughtering each other for dominance, and countries rise and fall', someone says as my head slowly turns and I get full view of the man, old, probably in his early or late fifties, greying silver hair mixed with his black hair, his face clean shaven, blue eyes, and a scar that went from his ear all the way down to his jaw.

The clip returns to me as I find my strength and flip onto my stomach, then I claw my hands into the ground and lift myself up with heavy pants and the wheeze of a long breath, 'I've gone through wars and have still come back on top', he says as I spit the blood out of my mouth, 'so tell me why when I get assigned to you, that you find it so hard to submit to me', he adds, and while I'm trying to get my breathing back, he kicks me to the ground again and seeing as how week I looked, I toppled over easily, 'now I'll have to make an example out of you, because your stubbornness just had to get in the way', he says, grabbing me by the hair and yanking me up whilst I groan a response and looks at him, 'your annoying little self righteousness will stop now, I'm going to enjoy the torture you only brought upon yourself', he says and the pushes me onto the ground whilst I lay their weak and alone.

'Do you always talk this much', I tell him, my voice broke out, whilst he stares at me and I'm managing to get up this time, 'look around you', I said, moving my eyes and I now notice the bodies on the ground, laying perfectly still, 'I will fight night and day if I have to, but you and your organisation will never get far ahead, I've ensured your downfall, I've made sure that there are measures in place to make sure your control is only limited and when the time comes, you'll only be begging on your worthless knees for my mercy', I said, managing to work my legs and stepping over to him, 'you've seen what I can do', I say, my eyes falling dark, 'I will take down all of you for the price of my freedom and death if it comes to it', I said, a warning and promise to my voice whilst he smiles next.