Chapter 30

I stretched myself over a firm body and ran my fingers through the silkiness and sleek texture of what I am presuming is hair and then heard a wispy hum of appreciation when I lean in and press my body firm against his.

'Morning Doll', I heard the soft notes of Bucky's voice mixed with his sleepy one, 'can we sleep all day', I whisper into his ear and feel his chest rumble against my hand when I had it pressed onto his chest.

'I don't think so', he says and keeps his voice the same tone as my own, 'we definitely can', I said next, 'we'll say we're sick', I add and hear him tiredly chuckle, 'I don't get sick, remember', he reminds me.

'Fine, we'll say your arm is acting up and will take a while to be fixed', I suggest next.

'Mmm, we'll say your in the process of fixing it', he says and I move my mouth into a smile, 'Yes, it'll take three days to fix', I said and laugh with him whilst I feel his arm snake around my waist, 'I was going to get you some breakfast to eat in bed', he suggests and I lean away, then open my eyes and look at him, to see his drooping eyes trying to focus on me, 'later, we both had a rough couple of nights, so we could do with the sleep', I said and he hums and nods at the same time.

'I hate when the team give you a paralytic', I said in a strained voice and it's then he opens his eyes and focuses on me, 'It's to keep everyone safe', he states and I only sigh to myself.

'Nevertheless, I hate it', I said and he tightens his grip on me, 'come here', he says and before I can move, he instead drags me closer to him and moves me plush against him then tucks his head into my shoulder, 'I don't want to hurt anyone', he murmurs against me and I sigh.

'You won't because I can stop you, you know I can', I state and he gives me a curt nod, 'I know', he whispers and when I thought he'd continue to say something else, he already drifted off so I wrap my arms around his shoulders, 'let's dream together then', I whisper to him and when he nods, I use my powers and jump into his mind.

'Where are we', I ask and look over at Bucky, who was not wearing his usual clothes, instead he wore a red shawl that wrapped around him and stretched down to his ankles, with a brown leather belt wrapped around his waist, sandals on his feet and a dark blue scarf that was wrapped around where his left arm should have been.

'I use to live here', he replies and I watch him stare around, 'this is Wakanda', he says and points to a hut, 'that used to be where I lived', he said and I smile and hold his hand, 'show me, I want to see everything', I said and see him smile brightly at me.

Then I heard something crying out and when I turned around, I saw some baby goats, 'these guys were mine too', Bucky says and then we're walking over to them whilst I smile, it looks like he had some sort of peace here and no one bothered him about anything.

________

We we're in the meeting room, the team came back from a mission, so me and Bucky sat side by side and listened to Steve give the mission report to Coulson, then I looked over at Bucky, who was trying his hardest not to nod off, but it wasn't working with how tired he really was, I told him to sleep more and I'd get him something to eat, but he wouldn't listen and insisted that he wasn't tired anymore and just wanted to go for a walk, but he changed his mind and decided to just stay in instead.

'You should go to bed', I mutter for only him to hear and he sighs and shakes his head, 'not without you', he mutters back and stares at me, 'go, I'll join you when I get you something to eat', I tell him but he shakes his head, 'still not without you', he says and I sigh and shake my head a little.

'Bucky', Coulson calls out to him and he moves his eyes to him, 'how are you', he asks.

'Fine, just tired', he replies back to him.