Chapter 5

*Bucky POV*

For the past few day's I couldn't sleep, so I had decided to spend the time in the training arena, it was equipped well enough to preoccupy my time and energy, so I spent half the night punching bags, lifting weights, beating my speed on the treadmill, and practicing some knife techniques.

It strained my body and mind well enough that it exhausted me, but not well enough to hurt, so with a quick pull of my water bottle, I was just about to begin my ninth rep tonight, but I stopped when I saw the new recruit walking in and hid my hand in the hood of my jacket as she preoccupied herself with wrapping her hands in gauze.

When she looked up, our eyes met and I watch her frown become something with discuss and I mirror her image, because whatever she see's, I'm seeing it too.

'I'm using the gym, so go find somewhere else to bother someone', I break the silence and then hear her scoff, 'the only someone that seems to be a bother is you', she says and drops her bag with a thud, '...go away, or leave me alone', she adds and then I watch her ignore me, so I do the same.

________

There was an unfamiliar sound that rose my throat, almost like a growl with my warning, I was shooting her, she was annoying me, everything I did, she needed to do better and did it and the last straw was my knife practicing, she made it look better, her technique was skilled and more mastered and it made mine look like child's play.

'Problem', she says which triumph in her voice and eyes and I scoff, ignore her again and decide to go on the treadmill, if she wanted a challenge, I'll show her one.

No one can beat me on the mill, I beat Steve a week ago, so I was even faster then he was, and it was funny to see him try and beat me, but couldn't and I had something to annoy him about.

'Mmm', I heard her say and move my eyes back to her when I notice she was next to me, 'I've seen old women run faster', she mocks and it rips another growl out of me and I go faster and faster.

In the first few seconds I was on there, I was sailing and couldn't even feel myself run, but then the smell of smoke pulled me out of it and when I looked down, it slowed to a stop and more smoke raised from it.

Fuck.

Tony already hates me, if he finds out I broke his machine, I won't hear the end of it and then will be banned from using the gym in a long while until he learns to forgive me for the past and then for this.

________

When Tony had his temper tantrum and walked out, I sighed and then looked at the agent, 'this is your fault', I said and she scoffs and turns to me, 'Of course you would say that, first off, you shouldn't have challenged me, because look where that got you', she yelled back at me, which was surprising, because till this point, I thought she fell into the quiet type, but I didn't let that deter me.

'I know exactly where it got me, in trouble with you', I said, 'challenge me again, and I kill you', I warn her and the last thing I expect her to do is scoff again and stare at me, dead in the eyes, 'Oh, I dare you to, because not only will we see how far you'll get, I'll bury you so far under, you'll remember it', she bit back and now were in a frenzy of death stares, where one or the other won't back down, I can see it in her eyes, and I hope she can see the same in mine.

'Okay, let's not cause World War Three', Nat breaks the silence and I'm remembering the team is here, but neither of us are breaking the contact until one or the other does first.

'World War Three would be the least of his problems', she says, 'He wouldn't last two seconds until I've killed him', she adds and now it's my turn to scoff, 'two, I can snuff you out with zero point five seconds', I said and her death stare is back.