golden quartet | ron weasley

By crushh_culture

[*NEW*] Harper Potter was there that night her parents were murdered and her brother was almost killed. But s... More

year 1 | chapter 1
year 1 | chapter 2
year 1 | chapter 3
year 1 | chapter 4
year 1 | chapter 5
year 1 | chapter 6
year 1 | chapter 7
year 1 | chapter 8
year 2 | chapter 1
year 2 | chapter 2
year 2 | chapter 3
year 2 | chapter 4
year 2 | chapter 5
year 2 | chapter 6
year 2 | chapter 7
year 3 | chapter 1
year 3 | chapter 2
year 3 | chapter 3
year 3 | chapter 4
year 3 | chapter 5
year 3 | chapter 6
year 3 | chapter 7
year 3 | chapter 8
year 3 | chapter 9
year 4 | chapter 1
year 4 | chapter 2
year 4 | chapter 3
year 4 | chapter 4
year 4 | chapter 5
year 4 | chapter 6
year 4 | chapter 7
year 4 | chapter 8
year 4 | chapter 10
year 5 | chapter 1
year 5 | chapter 2
year 5 | chapter 3
year 5 | chapter 4
year 5 | chapter 5
year 5 | chapter 6
year 5 | chapter 7
year 5 | chapter 8

year 4 | chapter 9

207 5 12
By crushh_culture

the second task

"Where have you been?!" Hermione shouted as I entered our room.

"Shh!" I scolded her, looking around at our sleeping roommates. Luckily, they didn't wake up.

"I saw you and Ron fighting and then going back into the Ball together," Hermione said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Yeah," I said dreamily, flopping onto my bed. "We kissed."

"You kissed?!" Hermione shrieked.

"Shh!" I scolded her again. "Yes, we kissed, and it was magical."

"Tell me everything!" Hermione said, moving out of her covers to sit on my bed. So, I did. I told her about his apology and dancing together and the kiss and him asking me out and our cake fight in the kitchens, and our many other kisses. Hermione was shocked but incredibly happy for me as she bounced up and down, squealing.

"Shh!" I laughed, wishing I could stop smiling.

"You two are going to be the it couple at Hogwarts!" she ignored my request for silence.

"Do you think it's a good idea?" I suddenly questioned, sitting up with a worried expression.

"Yes," Hermione replied instantly. "You two have always been in love! Now you just get to show it." Hermione smiled reassuringly and I smiled back.

"Yeah," I nodded along. "But what if something goes wrong or what if I mess it up or Ron does something stupid or--"

"First of all, Ron is going to do something stupid," Hermione joked. "But if something does happen, you two will work through it together because that's what soulmates do."

"Soulmates?" I repeated doubtfully.

"Soulmates," Hermione smiled with a nod. I rolled my eyes before pulling her into a hug.

I changed out of my dress, took out my hair and makeup, and headed to bed. The next few days were quite busy with Christmas, people going home to celebrate, and exchanging gifts and all. The Weasleys and Hermione all left, leaving Harry and me to celebrate at Hogwarts together with a few others. The feast was delicious as always, but it would've been much better if a certain person was there. I hadn't told Harry about it yet, but I was certain Hermione had already told Ginny.

By the time Ron had finally returned, I had missed him a lot.

"Ron!" I greeted him, standing up and pulling him into a hug as he entered the common room with his siblings. Hermione and Harry stood up, ready to greet them too as Hermione had come back earlier in the day.

"Hey, Harper," Ron greeted back, wrapping his arms around me. Without thinking, I pulled away from the hug and kissed him. He instantly kissed me back, resulting in some hollering and whistling from everyone in the room, mostly Fred and George.

"How many times do we have to be right before you'll just listen to us?" Fred teased Ron.

"Shove off," Ron scoffed.

"What was that?" Harry asked, stepping beside us.

"That was called a kiss, Harry," George told him like he was a child.

"I know what it was," Harry sneered, unusually angry. Fred and George exchanged a look before deciding to walk away. Ginny stood next to Hermione, and the two shared a look.

"You are not allowed to start snogging Ron!" Harry said angrily, pointing at me for emphasis.

"You're not in charge of me, Harry! I can do what I want," I said, tightening my jaw as I looked at him.

"Ron is my best friend and you're my sister. Absolutely not! Not happening!" Harry yelled. By now, everyone in the common room was watching the exchange. Harry and I fired back and forth too quickly for anyone else to get a word in.

"Harry, quit being ridiculous," I told him.

"You can't have Hermione and Ron!" Harry yelled at me.

"I don't have anyone, Harry," I rebutted, my voice remaining even and calm as I crossed my arms. "They're people. Not objects."

"You have Hermione, and I have Ron. That's how it is and always has been!" Harry stubbornly replied, throwing his arms around in exasperation.

"We're all friends, Harry!" I replied like it were obvious as I motioned around the room between the four of us.

"Yeah, but Ron is my best friend. We talk about more personal stuff. Best friend stuff. Like you do with Hermione. How am I supposed to do that if—" Harry replied, his voice growing louder.

"Why wouldn't you be able to do that still?!" I asked incredulously.

"Because he's dating my sister! It's gonna change everything, Harper!" Harry screamed back.

"It's not gonna change anything!" I shouted back. He may have been taller than me now, but I didn't let it intimidate me. We stood almost chest to chest as I crossed my arms and he breathed heavily from shouting. "Yours and Ron's relationship won't change."

"It will, Harper. It will. We won't be able to talk in the same way we used to. If you can't see that, you must be stupider than I realized," Harry seethed. I stared at him with my mouth agape. Harry had never insulted me like that before. Even the Weasleys and Hermione gasped.

"You're going to tear the four of us apart, Harper. You're ruining everything."

"I'm not—" I started angrily.

"You are! You're ruining it just like you always do!" Harry yelled.

"Harry--" Hermione started to interrupt.

"Like I always do?!" I repeated. "When have I—?"

"When you shout at Vernon and lose us meals for a week! Or got us locked in our closet under the stairs for days! All because you couldn't keep your damn mouth shut!" Harry screamed.

"I was standing up for us!" I screamed back, getting in his face.

"How'd that work out for us? Huh?" Harry taunted. I stood there, silent as I glared at him.

"You can't keep your mouth shut, Harper. And now you can't keep it in your pants either," Harry seethed. I gasped as I leaned back.

"Harr--!" Ron started, stepping forward.

"Are you calling me a whore?" I yelled at Harry.

"If the shoe fits," Harry shrugged. "You're snogging my best mate."

I raced forward and slapped Harry across the face, leaving a red mark behind. "Fuck you, Harry," I yelled before turning and leaving, aiming my middle finger at him and slamming the door to my room behind me.

I paced around my room angrily, in complete disbelief that Harry was acting that way. I had expected him to be shocked, he was almost as oblivious as Ron, but I didn't think he'd treat me like that.

"And you!" I heard Harry scream through the door. "You're a right foul git you know that? Snogging your best mate's sister behind his back?!" Harry shouted. I couldn't hear what Ron said back, but a heard quite a few thuds and things shattering. I hadn't even noticed I was crying until I felt my wet cheeks as I ran my hands down my face from frustration.

There was a light knock on the door, and I opened it to see Hermione and Ginny standing there looking at me sympathetically. Hermione saw the tears on my face and instantly pulled me into a hug, Ginny following after.

"He's just angry," Hermione said. "He didn't mean it."

"Sounded like he meant it," I replied, resentment lacing my voice.

"He was wrong though," Ginny said. "I've seen how in love you two are." I didn't respond as I stared at the floor dejectedly. I couldn't be asked to choose between the two people I love most in this world.

"Look," Hermione said, pulling me onto the bed by my hands and sitting beside me, keeping my hands in hers. "I think you and Ron will be great together, and eventually, Harry will see that too. He loves you both and he wants you guys to be happy."

"Kind of sounded like he only cared about himself," I scoffed.

"In the heat of the moment yes, I suppose he feels a bit betrayed, but he will get over it when he realizes you two haven't exactly been hiding it," Hermione replied. "He doesn't want to lose both of you. I understand why you're mad, but give it time, okay?" I nodded, begrudgingly agreeing that made sense.

There was another knock on the door and Ginny answered it to reveal Ron standing there. I nodded at Hermione and Ginny, telling them to go and Ron entered, closing the door behind him.

"You alright?" Ron asked me, walking over and sitting down next to me.

"I'm alright," I answered. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," Ron said glumly. "Look, maybe we shouldn't--"

"Ron," I stopped him abruptly.

"I just don't think it's the best idea right now, considering everything," Ron mumbled.

"But..." I trailed off. Was I really not worth it? I stared down at my hands in my lap.

"I'm sorry," Ron said quietly before I felt him stand up and walk away. I aggressively wiped away the tears spilling from my eyes.

Two nights before the second task, I still hadn't spoken to Ron or Harry. I told Hermione and Ginny about what happened and spent the next few weeks avoiding the boys. That is, when I wasn't glaring daggers into the back of Harry's head during class. I had also spent time with Cedric, who quickly became a close friend. I told him about everything and he was there for me. He understood, also have an unrequited love interest who only had heart eyes for the chosen one.

I sat in the common room, trying to study my textbook, but mostly staring blankly at the words on the page without comprehending them. "Harper," Hermione said, appearing beside me and catching my attention.

"Yeah?" I asked, turning to look at her.

"Harry still hasn't figured out what he's going to do for the second task," Hermione explained.

"Sucks for him," I replied with a shrug, turning back to my book.

"He told me he figured it out weeks ago, but he doesn't even know what the clue means," Hermione sighed.

"You've been talking to that dick?" I interrupted.

"I'm sorry, Harper. I know you're upset at him, and you have every right to be," Hermione said, "but people die in this tournament, and I can't let Harry die. Can you help us come up with something?"

"No," I answered immediately.

"Harper, please," Hermione begged.

I sighed. "Fine," I said, standing up. "Be right back," I walked out of the common room quickly. Hermione made a move to stop me, but I was quicker. I took inspiration from when Ron was mad at Harry and headed to where I knew Cedric would be patrolling for his prefect duties.

"Ced!" I greeted him, falling in step beside him.

"Hey, Harper," he greeted back with a smile.

"Look, I don't want you to think I'm using you," I start. Cedric laughs.

"Using me?" he questioned.

"It's just...Harry hasn't figured out what to do, and the task is in two days--" I began to explain.

"You're right," Cedric nodded.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Harry helped me out with the dragons, I should help him too," Cedric agreed with me before I could even explain.

"Oh," I muttered. "What's the secret?"

Cedric looked around before leaning down. "The prefects' bathroom makes a nice place for a bath."

"Really?" I questioned. I wasn't sure what that was supposed to mean at all.

"Mhm," Cedric nodded, looking away and continuing to walk.

"What does that--" I started to ask.

"He'll figure it out," Cedric said simply.

"Wait, no, you have to tell him," I said, walking up beside him.

"Oh?" Cedric questioned, his brows furrowing as he stopped walking to turn to me.

"We're still not on speaking terms," I replied, crossing my arms and looking away.

"But you still want to help him?" Cedric questioned. I shrugged. "I admire you, Harper," Cedric smiled. I rolled my eyes with a smile to hide my blush. "I'm really glad we're friends," he continued.

"Me too," I smiled back at him honestly. We chatted some more before we said goodbye, and I went back to the common room. Hermione was gone at this point, and I assumed she was back helping Harry. One of the reasons I had gotten closer to Cedric. She was still helping Harry when he asked because she couldn't say no.

"It was you, wasn't it?" Hermione said as we walked between classes the next morning. "You told Cedric Harry needed help."

"No idea what you're referring to," I shrugged, holding my books to my chest.

"Sure you don't," Hermione said unconvinced. I didn't respond. "You're amazing, Harper. There's a reason you're my best friend." I turned to her, rolling my eyes playfully with a smile.

"Look, I wouldn't be asking you if we weren't desperate, but Harry, Ron, and I have been searching for hours, and we still don't know what he's going to do for the task tomorrow," Hermione explained. "We really need your help."

"I already helped him," I deadpanned.

"I knew it!" Hermione said, pointing at me excitedly. I rolled my eyes. "No, but seriously, people die in this tournament, Harper. Please," she begged, sticking her bottom lip out and widening her eyes.

"Fine," I said. "I'll help if he apologizes."

"As he should," Hermione nodded and grinned, grabbing my hand, and the two of us made our way to the library where Harry and Ron were poured over a trillion textbooks, searching for anything to help. They had the entire aisle of desks covered in books between the aisles of shelves.

He looked up to see us approaching and groaned, giving Hermione a dirty look. "I don't need help from her," Harry told Hermione as if I wasn't right there.

"Why are you upset at me?! You're the one who screwed up my life!" I yelled at him.

"Screwed up your life?!" Harry scoffed. "You wouldn't even have a life if it wasn't for me."

"Oi, fuck off, we both know Mom saved our lives that night, not your infant ass," I scoffed, crossing my arms.

"Harry, she's willing to help if you just..." Hermione trailed off.

"Admit you were being an absolute dick and apologize for calling me a whore," I smiled fakely at him.

"No way," Harry scoffed, his pride evident.

"So you don't think you were being a prick that day?" I scoffed in disbelief.

"I think you were being incredibly selfish," Harry replied.

"I was being selfish?!" I yelled. A chorus of 'shhs' echoed around us from other students trying to study.

"There is it again," Harry said sarcastically, turning the page of his book. I tightened my jaw and felt my face heating up.

"Harry," Hermione scolded in an aggressive whisper.

"Fuck you, Harry. I don't need this," I scoffed. I crossed my arms and left, quickly heading back to the common room when McGonagall stopped me.

"Hello, Miss Potter," she smiled. "Can I see you in my office?"

"Yes," I replied, nervously following her inside.

"I'm so sorry about this," she said sympathetically, pulling out her wand.

I woke up with a gasp, taking a huge breath in and looking around. I was gasping for air as I kicked my legs frantically to tread water. I was in the middle of the Black Lake and soaking wet with Cedric holding on to me. The water was ice cold and I was already shivering. There was a huge stadium of students on a platform nearby who were all cheering loudly. Krum suddenly resurfaced with Hermione next to us. I noticed Fleur already out of the water in a robe and drying off, but I couldn't spot Harry anywhere.

Cedric had his arm around me as he did most of the work getting us over to the platform. I climbed up the ladder with chattering teeth and someone handed me a towel. I quickly wrapped up in it and reached my hand down to help Cedric up.

"What is this?" I asked him, looking around and trying to figure out what was going on.

"The second task," Cedric explained. "We had to retrieve you guys from the bottom of the lake."

"I was at the bottom of the lake? Aren't there deadly creatures in there?" I questioned.

"Well--" Cedric began.

"Wait," I said suddenly, looking around. "Harry? Where's Harry?" I asked, looking at Cedric. I turned to Hermione and Viktor who were desperately trying to dry off. "Is Harry still down there?"

"Yes, but he only has--" Cedric was cut off as the clock chimed. Ron and a younger girl appeared on the water, gasping for air. Fleur quickly ran to the edge of the platform, grabbing the young girl's hand and helping her up the ladder. She spoke to her quickly in French, giving her a giant hug when she made it up.

"He saved Ron and Fleur's sister," Cedric explained, "but it cost him."

We pulled apart abruptly when Harry came flying out of the water and onto the platform. Everyone began cheering loudly again as he sat up. People began wrapping him in warm towels, which he gratefully accepted. Hermione and Ron ran over, quickly enveloping him in a hug. The three laughed and talked and I hung my head.

"You alright?" Cedric asked me.

"No," I sighed. "Harry was a dick to me, and the two of them don't even care." Cedric looked over at the three of them before looking down at me.

"I'm sorry," he said sympathetically.

"It's alright. I'm used to being second to him," I shrugged. Cedric frowned.

"Attention!" Dumbledore shouted, pointing his wand to his throat to amplify his voice. "The winner is...Mr. Diggory!" Everyone cheered excitedly and I turned to him with a smile and clapped loudly. "Who showed innate command of the Bubble-Head Charm. However, seeing as Mr. Potter would've finished first, had it not been for his determination to rescue not only Mr. Weasley but the others as well, we've agreed to award him second place!"

I immediately stopped clapping, glaring over at my brother. "Of course," I sighed.

"Hey," Cedric said, gently guiding my chin to face him. His expression made me want to melt. He opened his arms and I fell into them. His arms wrapped around my shoulders as I tried not to cry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 4.4K 58
Emily Granger is different. She greatly clashes with her younger sister, Hermione, the bookworm that would never disobey rules. When she joins Hogwar...
1.5M 42.3K 94
"I jumped across for you Oh, what a thing to do 'Cause you were all yellow" - Leah Hadleigh is no stranger to the Weasley family, having spent most o...
316K 6.4K 16
*Edit* -Low key there are a few lines that are kinda cringe, also some spelling and grammar mistakes but I occasionally will go back through the stor...
36K 637 19
Olympia Bellchant's decision to spend the summer with the Weasley's could very well ruin her reputation, her life, and her perception of love. It doe...