Beautifully Lethal

By Falahk7

"Sometimes, the dark things we see appear to be scary & it's okay to feel that way. But when you look at thos... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Author's Note
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter- 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29

Chapter- 28

63 4 2
By Falahk7

Fate.

It's a very strange word with an even stranger meaning behind it.

What exactly is fate?

Fate means that everything in human lives & in the world itself takes place according to an immutable pattern.

It works in such a mysterious way that nobody could even see it coming.

It's all written. It's fate.

Wind rustling, swishing past the trees & carrying whispers of an unspoken tale. The darkness casting its shadow on earth, painting everything & everyone in its obsidian.

The moon, as if answered an unheard prayer of a lover, bestowing it's own light upon the world, illuminating a path for those who are lost on their way.

"Why do we have to go to Rodden?" Riley asked, coming straight to the point. Having enough of Matthew's ridiculous riddles.

"Ahhhggghhh! Do you've to be so annoying, questioning everything & everyone?" Matthew blew out a frustrated breath.

"Excuse me?" Riley stopped in her tracks & raised a threatening brow at him, daring him to repeat himself again.

Matthew saw the raised brow & thought against the idea of ticking her off.

"Don't you wanna see your mother?" He inquired.

An unknown feeling passed through Riley's chest & there was a long pause. Overwhelmed by the unknown emotion, Riley clutched her chest tightly, where her heart rested & started breathing heavily as if she's having a panic attack. Or maybe, she was having a panic attack.

"Woah! Woah! Calm down, will ya? Only you'd have a panic attack at the thought of meeting your Madré. Matthew joked while placing a steady hand on her shoulder.

"Oh shut up. Until a few days ago, I didn't even know I had parents, okay. So shoot me for reacting in such a way." Riley snapped at him, pushing off his hand which was placed on her shoulder.

CRUNCHHHH!!!!

There was a sudden sharp noise of dried leaves crunching as if someone or something stepped over them.

Riley & Matthew, both whipped their head abruptly to the direction of the noise & noticed rather a large, dark beast prowling out of the shadows. His familiar emerald eyes gleaming like glitters & looking straight into Riley's.

"Oh greatttt." Matthew said flatly.

"Ace, what are you doing here?" Riley asked, confused at his unannounced & sudden appearance.

Ace shifted back into his human form, completely bare & unashamed, dusted off some leaves out of his hair & started walking towards Riley.

Riley, who was undeniably as red as a tomato, obviously from being shy, looked anywhere but him until he stopped a few steps away from her.

"Don't you ever hide your mesmerising eyes from me, baby." He murmured softly while holding her chin up to make her look at him.

Their faces were just inches away, one little push & their lips would've touched. The air was heavy & warm around them which was ironic as it was a chilly night. The cool air biting into their heated skin, blood rushing through them.

Riley's heart was accelerating & she gulped, still staring deep into the abyss of his eyes. She felt that same spark flowing through her.

"Ahem! Ace, dear, I'm not fond of male nudity. So for God's sake, put some clothes on.....and does it ever go down or what." Matthew groaned in utter disgust, averting his eyes from Ace's thing down there.

And that broke the spell that was casted onto them. Riley staggered back a few steps & avoided looking at Ace.

Matthew threw some clothes towards Ace which hit him right in the face. Ace glowered at him but ignored as he wasn't simply in the mood.

"You didn't answer Riley's question. What are you doing here & how did you get here? Moreover how did you get here?" Matthew rambled on.

"The answer to your first question is, I'm here to take Riley back home. The second & third question requires too much explanation which I don't owe you. So yea I'm not gonna answer them. Hope this satisfies your curiosity, Marty boy." Ace smirked while changing into the clothes.

"Oh c'mon. We were having so much fun, ain't that right, Bellè." Matthew whined, unfazed by the horrific nickname Ace just gave him.

Ace & Riley, both just gave him a deadpan look. Clearly they don't share the same notion of fun as Matthew does.

But before any of them could say anything, loud roar was heard, coming from the direction of the kingdom. They looked up & saw several dragons zooming towards the palace.

They all hurried towards the main town & the sight that greeted them was no less than a nightmare. People screaming & running to save their lives, their houses being set on fire, children weeping while their mothers hiding them in their embrace. Women & young girls being dragged out of their homes by ruthless invaders.

"What's happening?" Riley asked worriedly.

"A war has broke out." Matthew said in a calm tone but one could see he's battling within himself.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!!! Let me go back to my family. Papaaa!!!!" Came the most heartbreaking cry.

Riley's attention was soon directed towards a young girl who was sobbing terribly as she was being dragged by a huge soldier. The girl had tears & blood streaked down her face, her sleeve was ripped from above, her innocent baby pink dress covered in blood, probably of her father who was mercilessly butchered in front of her.

Something in Riley snapped at that moment, whether it was the painful cry of the girl or her fear stricken face, not sure but she felt herself raging like never before.

And with that, Riley picked up a bloody sword which was lying next to a dead soldier & sprinted towards the ruthless invader & grabbed the crying girl's other arm, halting the man.

"What in the bloody h—" Before he could utter another word, Riley slashed the arm that was gripping the young girl's arm tightly.

The man yelled in pain & drew his own sword out. He charged at her like a bull with an intention to kill her. Ace & Matthew, both running towards Riley in order to shield her.

But before any of that could happen, Riley charged towards the soldier, sword grasped tightly & swung it high towards the soldier's head.

It felt like the time has been frozen. Everything was completely stilled. Nothing moved. Nobody moved. It was deadly silent.

Thud!

"God Riley! What the hell are you doing?" Matthew yelled, helping the crying girl & putting his coat over her shoulders.

Ace & Matthew, both watched in awe & in horror as Riley's two different coloured irises glowed like crazy, white streaks of lightning passing through. Streaks of blood smeared across her haunted face, dripping down from her chin to the ground. Her obsidian tresses flowing along with the wind.

She bent down & grabbed the detached head & flung it into the raging flames of fire. All this while, Ace & Matthew watching her every move silently. Looks like the blood is thicker than water. Like father, like daughter. The resemblance is uncanny.

She looked back at the horrified girl & walked towards her. She stopped a few feet & raised her hand. The young girl flinched but soon felt a hand gently caressing her hair.

"I promise you'll never have to be afraid again." Riley gave out a small smile.

Then she stepped back & turned to Ace, taking a few steps towards him & stopping until there was just an inch distance. Staring deep into his eyes. Raising her bloody fingers to caress his cheek to which her surprise & delight, Ace didn't even flinch.

"This is who I really am, Ace. I'm my father's daughter. I'll ruin you." She whispered before she grabbed his face & kissed him.

Author's Note:
Surprise surprise. Yes folks, I'm back again with another crazy chapter. Whew! My brain is all dead now. I've reached my limit I guess. But anyways, I just wanna thank y'all again for not giving up on me being alive. Teeeheeeheee. And of course for being so patient. God I love y'all.
Hey hey hey does anybody feel the detached head thing is a lil familiar huh. It runs in the family y'know. Hope y'all like it.
Please remember to vote & leave a comment & I'd be thrilled. Thanks a bunch y'all.
Lots of love ♥️
~Falah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.7M 879K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
458K 13.8K 43
patreon.com/user?u=78988691 Emily is a healer within the Blue Stone Pack, Cain is Alpha of the Fire Crest Pack. They met two years ago by the hand of...
73K 2K 44
All Nyla wanted was a mate of her own, now she got one, but only to find out it was not how she envisioned him. After just meeting, Derek, her mate a...
1.8K 17 22
Alpha Christopher's pack was one of the powerful pack...he is a 22 years old loyal alpha to the nightfall pack...but is unmated...... . . . . "Mine"...