A Flower in War

By c_writes_sometimes

Calanthe Lane-Guerrero's life was upended when her father tragically passed away, leaving her alone with her... More

PART I
Chapter One: The Real Story's Just Begun
Chapter Two: As I Lay Dying
Chapter Three: The Doctor's In
Chapter Four: 2.5K
Chapter Five: Vanilla and Pickles
Chapter Six: My Brother, Dear Father
Chapter Seven: Welcome to LaRusso Auto
Chapter Eight: An Array of Colors
Chapter Nine: A Flower By Calanthe
Chapter Ten: Poor Deer
Chapter Eleven: Beach Day
Chapter Twelve: Scars
Chapter Thirteen: Godzilla vs King Kong
Chapter Fourteen: Meet Shannon
Chapter Fifteen: Like a Lost Puppy
Chapter Sixteen: Moon with the Most
Chapter Seventeen: Spooky Scary Skeletons
Chapter Eighteen: Invisibility or Super Strength
Chapter Nineteen: Butter Blows
Chapter Twenty: The News Lies
Chapter Twenty-One: New Hire
Chapter Twenty-Two: Kata
Chapter Twenty-Three: Balance & Patience
Chapter Twenty-Four: Forbidden Love
Chapter Twenty-Five: Karts & Karaoke
Chapter Twenty-Six: Cant or Wont
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Bonsais
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Abuela
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Forest for the Trees
Chapter Thirty-One: Punches & Parties
Chapter Thirty-Two: 50th Annual All Valley Karate Championship
Part II
Chapter Thirty-Three: Guerrero-LaRusso
Chapter Thirty-Four: Five AM Bakery Runs
Chapter Thirty-Five: Toggle Bolt
Chapter Thirty-Six: Acting Out
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The LaRusso Name
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Love & Fear
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Taos Family
Chapter Forty: Valley Fest Disaster
Chapter Forty-One: Vines at the Beach
Chapter Fourty-Two: Beach Day Blues
Chapter Forty-Three: Mall Brawl
Chapter Forty-Five: Destruction at the Dojo
Chapter Forty-Six: Reconstruction
Chapter Forty-Seven: Geiko
Chapter Forty-Eight: Reinforcements
Chapter Forty-Nine: Roller Rink Derby
Chapter Fifty: Tigers & Chameleons
Chapter Fifty-One: House Party
Chapter Fifty-Two: Sot Sam
Chapter Fifty-Three: He's So Lucky
Chapter Fifty-Four: Cruel, Cruel Summer
Part III
Chapter Fifty-Five: The Same
Chapter Fifty-Six: Medial Sprain
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Finding Robby
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Lord of the Flies
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Community Center
Chapter Sixty: New Normal
Chapter Sixty-One: Laser Tag & Brawl
Chapter Sixty-Two: Beighton
Chapter Sixty-Three: Back to School
Chapter Sixty-Four: Release Date

Chapter Thirty: Hit It & Quit It

542 16 0
By c_writes_sometimes

"You did what?!?!" Cal yelled loudly.
"I got the single hand handstand at the skate park!"
"Robby! That's amazing!" Cal says excitedly.
"Wait... don't you have PSAT prep today?"
"I am exempt. I took the PSATs already so I get a free day."
"I knew you were smart, didn't know you were that smart."
"What can I say I'm full of surprises!"
"Well since you have a free day, want to come over?"
"I'll be over in 10." Cal laughed, grabbing her keys and a sweater before traipsing downstairs, spying Daniel and a blonde man squaring off at the kitchen table.

"Um... I was going to go out? Is that okay?" Cal asks, directing her question to Amanda.
"Yeah, yeah of course. Tell him we say hi."
"Will do. Um I'm Calanthe, but everyone calls me Cal." She introduces herself offering her hand to the man.
"Johnny Lawrence."
"Oh... um you knew my dad..."
"Yeah?"
"Jackson Guerrero?" Johnny's eyes widen before he nods.
"Yeah, yeah I knew him."

"He passed away but um he did tell me about you."
"Yeah? You hate me too?" Johnny huffs.
"No. He didn't either. In the 80s, sure. But when he got older, he realized you were just as scared and alone as he was. You just weren't lucky enough to have a better teacher. He forgave you, you know? For everything. The ass whoopings, the names, the tournament."
"Well, your dad was a better guy than I gave him credit for... uh thanks kid."
"You're welcome. All right, I'll let you talk. I'll be back a bit later. Try not to kill each other? Don't think my dad would like that very much." Cal smiles at the pair who have gone back to their staring match before looking to Amanda who rolls her eyes, shooing her along.

-

Cal knocks on Robby's door, hearing the blaring bass of Metallica behind it and deciding to let herself in. Robby never locked the door if she was coming over, honestly she wasn't sure if he ever locked it period. The sight she found before her made her giggle. Robby, stood on the couch, playing air guitar to Master of Puppets, his hair wild around his face as he head bangs.

"Woooo!" Cal yells like she's in a concert, making him turn around, a bright smile over his features as he jumps over the couch and barrels towards her, picking her up and spinning her around.
"Rocking out?"
"I'm so pumped! I can't believe I did it!" Robby says excitedly, giving her a short kiss before dragging her over to the stereo with him to turn the volume down.

"Awww I like that song, but that's probably best for our ear drums." Cal laughs, snaking her hands into his hair.
"You like Metallica?"
"Yeah! For Whom the Bell Tolls is my jam, but I like Master of Puppets too!"
"Oh god, you really are perfect!" Robby groans, pulling her lips to his again. Cal smiles against the kiss, feeling his hand drift down from her face to her waist, pulling their bodies flush against each other.

"Grabby today huh?" Cal giggles.
"Just super pumped! I have my very beautiful girlfriend over whose family now knows is my girlfriend and accepted that. I'd say I'm pretty damn lucky right now."
"Yeah? You're also pretty damn sweaty." Cal chuckles, plucking his damp shirt.
"I'll shower, but just for you." Robby jokes, turning towards his room only to be pulled back.
"I didn't say I minded. But that can't be terribly comfortable." Cal pouts, pulling his shirt again, "Maybe you should take it off?" She suggests softly, not meeting his eyes.

Robby smiles, pulling his shirt over his head by the back of it and tossing it onto the floor.
"Better?" He smirks, watching her ocean eyes trail up and down his torso, "Hey I'm not a piece of meat, flower!" Robby jokes, stepping closer to her.
"No, you're just incredibly attractive." Cal sighs before pulling him back to her lips by his neck. She slots their lips together quickly before poking her tongue out to meet his awaiting mouth. Their tongues and hands explore each other fervently, mapping out the expanse of their bodies.

Robby decides to pick up Cal under her knees so she's wrapped around his waist. Quickly taking her to his room and placing her gently on the bed without ever breaking their kiss. His hands rub at her hip bones, softly moving her shirt up to expose her lower stomach. Cal's hands stay wrapped up in his hair, softly tugging at it to elicit soft moans. Robby removes his lips from her own but before she can protest they start leaving kisses along her jaw and down her neck, slowly venturing further down to any skin not covered by her shirt.

"Take it off." Cal says breathily, watching as Robby hesitantly removes his lips from her chest.
"You sure flower?" Robby checks, earning a smile and a nod. He smiles, slowly inching her shirt up her body and kissing the newly exposed skin. He checks in before lifting it over her bra making Cal roll her eyes and take her shirt off throwing it onto his messy bedroom floor.
"Fucking hell flower! You wear this for me?" Robby questions, tracing over the lace on the underwire of her bra.
"Hate to burst your bubble but it's either this type of thing or a sports bra. Those are really the only things I find comfy."

"And here I was thinking I was special." Robby jests.
"Don't worry, you are. Maybe if you tell me your favorite color I'll get a matching set just for you."
"Yeah?"
"Uh huh. So? Color?"
"Red."
"Red it is. Red for Robby." Cal giggles, pulling him down to her lips again.

"I know we're half naked right now but that was the cutest thing." Robby chuckles, kissing her cheek.
"I'm simply adorable."
"You are. And beautiful, intelligent, kind, understanding, silly, just all around wonderful. So what're you hiding huh? Gotta be something bad about you?"
"Let's see... I am absolutely obsessed with Harry Potter and can quote all the movies?" Robby shakes his head, indicating that's not bad enough, "I hate the feeling of cotton balls?"
"Weird but not bad."
"I'm clinically depressed?"
"I think nearly everyone is nowadays."
"Point taken..."

"Wait! I got it!"
"Yeah? What?"
"Pickles and chocolate sauce!" Robby cracks up, nearly falling off his bed.
"I hate you! I was a kid!" Cal laughs, hitting his chest.
"Ow! See! Glad you never beat my ass for being an idiot!"
"You're gonna need to toughen up Mr. Keene."
"Yeah? Gonna help me?" Cal's phone starts ringing making her giggle, pushing him off of her to grab it and seeing Mrs. LaRusso's face on the screen.

"Shit it's my aunt Amanda." Cal says, answering the phone quickly.
"Hey Aunt Amanda, is everything okay?"
"Did you know about the hit-and-run?"
"Ummmm..."
"Calanthe Luna Lane-Guerrero!"
"Sam called me that night. I swear I tried to get them to go back and make it right but no one would listen to me! They said the guy looked meth'ed out and then Yasmine and I got into it and Sam took me away before I physically fought her for being a fucking moron."
"Language! You should have told us!"
"I'm sorry. I told Sam she should have called you. I didn't want to make anything worse so I didn't say anything... I'm sorry."

"You didn't see who they hit?"
"No, no, Sam called me after they fled. She asked me what to do and I assumed she was still at the scene so I told her to get his license, registration, and insurance. But then she said they weren't there anymore and I yelled at her but went to pick her up under the assumption that there would be police there by then. I'm so sorry aunt Amanda. I swear I was looking out for any cars with damage so Sam and the girls could pay it back!"
"You didn't look before you started working though."
"Oh god..."
"Yeah 'oh god' is right. Just come back to the house... I haven't decided if you're going to be punished or not."
"Yes ma'am." Cal hangs up the phone getting off of Robby's bed and grabbing her shirt from the ground.

"You in trouble?"
"Yeah. Apparently they found out about the hit-and-run..."
"Hey, you didn't do anything wrong. You were protecting Sam."
"Yeah, but that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things now does it?"
"Hey, it'll be okay. They love you, and they were teenagers once, they've made mistakes too."

"Robby... if I get yelled at..." Cal's eyes water making Robby grab onto her in a tight hug.
"Hey, it's okay. It's okay flower. I'm supposed to go over in a few hours after school lets out to train so I'll see you in a couple of hours and we can get away for a bit okay?" Robby tries, holding onto her face in his hands, kissing her nose.
"Okay, okay, yeah." Cal nods hugging him again.
"It'll be okay flower. I promise. You can always come here if you need to get away."
"Thank you."
"Anything for my flower." Robby chuckles, kissing the top of her head.

"I should go before I get in even more trouble."
"Okay, I'll see you in a few." Cal nods, kissing him softly before leaving.

-

She takes a couple of deep breaths before stepping inside the house, preparing for any screaming or things being thrown her way.
"Calanthe?" Amanda calls, coming to the front door to see the young girl shaking like a leaf.
"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. Please... please don't make me go back." Cal cries, hugging Amanda tightly. Amanda's heart shatters, holding onto the crying girl before pulling her away and sitting her down on the couch.
"Honey, I'm upset that you didn't tell us but I don't want you to leave because of that. You're family sweetheart. We all love having you here. You're amazing and so kindhearted. I know you didn't tell us for Sam. She explained as much after she heard our phone call. I'm upset, yes, but that doesn't mean I stop loving you or want to kick you out. I don't want you to ever think that okay? You're a teenager. You're going to make mistakes, that's just part of growing up." Amanda assures her, holding the side of her face.
"I'm really sorry." Cal sniffles.
"I know you are sweetheart. I know."

"Cal, I'm so sorry. I didn't realize how bad this would be for you. I never should have made you keep that secret for me." Sam apologizes rushing over to her sister and hugging her as tight as she can.
"It's okay Sammy. You were scared."
"But I shouldn't have done that. I should have called them like you told me to! I just didn't want to be the buzzkill or make anyone mad."
"And she is paying for it. No electronics. Books only." Amanda says pointedly.
"Here's... here's my phone." Cal says, handing her phone to Amanda who looks at it and sighs.
"Keep it. I think you being scared was certainly much more punishment than you deserved. Next time, please just talk to us. Both of you?" The two girls nod quickly watching Amanda leave the room with a small smile.

"I'm so sorry Cal."
"It's okay. Really. I'm not mad at you Sam."
"I feel so stupid."
"Hey, you made a mistake. It happens. Like your mom said it's not the end of the world and it doesn't mean she loves you any less."
"It means my phone is being held for ransom though." Sam groans falling back onto the couch.
"It'll be okay. I think people will understand if you're sans phone for a smidge."
"I hope so... Miguel was acting weird today..."
"How so?"
"He kept pushing to come over... but with what dad said about Cobra Kai over the weekend... I tried to skirt around it..."

"Sam, you need to tell them both what's going on. You're dating Miguel who is a Cobra Kai and your father was a rival of his sensei. None of that means that they will automatically hate each other, only that they will have preconceived notions of the other that we can quickly disprove upon them meeting!"
"My brain is fried from PSAT prep but that sounds smart so I'm just going to nod." Cal laughs.

"It was very smart. Just talk to them both. Talk to Miguel when you can. You can always use my phone?"
"No, no she cannot." Amanda says pointedly, coming around the corner.
"Mom!"
"Don't mom me! Your friends will survive and so will you."
"Ugh!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 274 48
Moving to a new town and lying to everyone seemed easy enough for Dylan, but when her past is exposed how does she cope? Seasons 1-5 complete. Start...
121K 1.7K 27
You are a 5 time world karate champion from the valley and you get a injury from your last competition. What happens when you go to spectate the tour...
20.7K 893 21
extended summary inside! in which bowie woods had always been the only thing robby keene ever needed until karate came back to the valley βͺ robby ke...
272K 12.5K 30
-πŽππ„π‘π€π“πˆπŽπ π†π‘π€πƒπ”π€π“πˆπŽπ ʳᡒᡇᡇʸ ᡏᡉᡉⁿᡉ "𝙔𝙀π™ͺ π™£π™šπ™šπ™™...