Falling Effect

By holl1e27

The Falling Effect: When you do something that causes something else to happen (i.e. you fall down, you scrap... More

SYNOPSIS AND AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHARACTER AESTHETICS AND PLAYLIST
Prologue
1. Finding Out
2. Telling the Truth
3. To Forgive or Not To Forgive
4. Twins are Genetic!
5. Whining and Dining
6. Hockey Pucks, You're Fucked
7. Twin Sisters and Little Sisters
8. Nightmares and Comfort
9. Drinks and.. Forks?
10. Rough Night?
11. Future Sister-In-Law
12. Kicking and Screaming
13. All Mine
14. Intimate
15. Date Night
16. She Was Never Yours
17. Beach Boys
18. Mama and Mamacita
19. There Will Be No Cocomelon in This House
20. Daddy Issues
21. Lover Boy
23. I Do
24. Love is More Than A Four Letter Word
25. Bonded For Life
26. Get Pucked
27. Gala Preparations
28. Needy
29. Baby Voice Activated
30. Christmas Eve-Eve
31. Baby's First Christmas
32. Sunday Mornings
33. Mother Pucker
34. (Double) Lunch Date
35. Beach Babies
35. Mornin' Lovin'
36. Powdered Sugar
37. Die-Hard Swifties
38. Cup Finals
39. Fantasy Land
40. Yes, Asher Still Loves Taylor Swift
41. Precious Moments Ruined
42. Lost Your Mind
43. Trial and Error
44. Walking and Talking
45. 365 Days
46. Not Just Another Sweet Romance
47. Sick Days
48. Birthday Boy
Epilogue - Forever My Always
BONUS CHAPTER - 1
BONUS CHAPTER - 2
Most Valuable Parent?
Book Poll - Updated!
Spin-Off: In Dirty Harmony - Release Date Announced!
Book 2: Falling Forward
Book 3: Falling Together

22. Forever and Always

35.5K 631 210
By holl1e27

*I did a double update, so if you haven't read chapter 21, go back and do so. It's a pretty cute chapter.*

I Didn't Know - Sofia Carson

"Did you know that when a wallaby is born, it's the size of a jelly bean?" Evelyn asks as I softly chuckle. Bubbles falling off of our hands as I loosely intertwine our fingers, my elbow resting on the edge of the bathtub.

"That was random, but no, I didn't know that." I say kissing the back of her hand.

"I've decided to tell you daily fun facts." She says, flipping the page of her book.

"How are you reading and telling me fun facts at the same time?"

"I honestly don't know. My ADHD is going off the hook right now." She says, bookmarking her page and setting it down.

"How big is our baby this week?" I ask as a grin appears on her face. I've learned it's one of her favorite things to talk about the baby's size and what's happening during each week.

"About the size of an acorn squash. His eyelashes should be growing in and fingernail growth should've started." She says, looking up at me. Her bareback hitting my chest as she sat in between my legs, slouched down slightly.

"Yeah?" I ask looking down at her.

"Yep!" Her grin grows wider as I lean down to kiss her. The pieces of her hair that are sticking out of her messy bun tickling my neck.

"OH! The most exciting part is that his eyes are starting to open and he can hear noises and respond to them!"

"Really?"

"Yeah. Although, my uterus probably isn't the best view," She says softly chuckling, "I read a couple of different articles and some of them said you should shine a flashlight at your stomach and if the baby kicks, it's his way of saying: "Get the light out of my eye!", isn't that cool."

"We'll have to try it." I say smiling down at her.

"Our mom's are going to look at apartments today." She says as I look at the white tile wall in front of me.

"That's good. Hopefully they find something."

"Chris loves Mom, but he might lose his mind if she's there much longer." She says chuckling.

"I get it." I say, kissing her cheek. "What time are we going to lunch?"

"Twelve."

I lean over tapping my phone screen to check the time. "We still have two hours." After getting up at five for a six A.M. practice and a walk on the beach when I got back. My muscles definitely got excited when Evelyn suggest a bubble bath together.

"Did your mom tell you she's not going home today?" Evelyn asks, moving her head to the side to stretch her neck.

"No." My brows furrow as I take in a deep breath.

"She decided to stay a little longer, with everything that's been going on. She said she would get a hotel if we were tired of her."

"Maybe she can just go stay with your mom if they find an apartment." I say. She chuckles, softly running her nails up and down my bicep.

"That's not a bad idea actually. They're besties already anyways." Evelyn says, closing her eyes as I kiss her shoulder.

She sighs and a pout forms on her pink lips, "What's wrong?"

"I miss wine." She whines and I chuckle.

"Three more months baby. You got this." I say, letting go of her hand and wrapping my arm around her collarbone, kissing her cheek.

"Says the one that can drink as much alcohol as they want." She says leaning away from me and my jaw drops.

"You did not just pull away from me." I say as a smug grin appears on her face.

I grab her sides, tickling "Oh you little-" I'm cut off by the sound of her laughter as water splashes onto the wall a little.

"Stop! Greyson! I'm gonna fucking pee!" She squirms under my hands and I immediately stop.

"I don't want to test that with the zero amount of control your bladder has right now." I say as she turns her neck to face me, with an eyebrow raised.

"You try having a goddamn human being, sitting directly on your bladder." I put my hands up in defense before she leans back against me. I intertwine our fingers again with one hand as my other rests on her stomach.

"I can't believe Jake and Katherine got married." I say and she nods.

"I know. And they didn't even tell any of us." She huffs. "It was so random. The other day she was talking about how she didn't want to be a rebound and now they're fucking married. I don't get it."

Kissing her temple I lean back on the tub and she sighs contently, looking out the window on the other side of the bathroom. "Do you want to get married?" Her voice echoes through my ears as my gaze snaps down to find her already looking up at me.

"What?" She sits up, turning around before straddling me with one of her hands landing on my stomach.

"I know it's crazy but, I was thinking about it. It'd draw attention away from you supposedly having two baby mama's until we get that cleared up."

She was right. But, what if she's just saying that right now because of her hormones or something. I mean, the girl has some crazy pregnancy brain right now.  The other day, she accidentally put her AirPods in the freezer instead of her ice cream... Let's just say she's been borrowing mine ever since.

"You're not wrong... I just-" I hesitated, but her finger tracing the hockey stick tattoo I had on the inside of my forearm calmed my nerves. "I just don't want to rush this," I motion my hands between us, "I don't want you to regret it, later down the road."

Her hands came up to cup my face, "I won't regret it Greyson. I love you, and you're my person. Forever."

My eyes light up as a soft smile forms on her lips, "I am?"

"Yeah. Everyone has a person. You're mine." A grin spreads across my face.

"You're my person too, Evy. Always" I say pulling her face down to kiss me. I feel her smile against my lips before she pulls away. Resting her forehead against my cheek. "Alright.. Let's do it." I say, causing her to lift her head.

"Really?"

"Yeah. You're right, it'll be good for publicity. Plus, I was gonna marry you one day anyways." I say, my hands resting on her lower back.

"You were?" She says, her eyes lighting up.

"Yeah. You're stuck with me..." I smile up at her. "Forever."

The sweet smile on her face grows wider, the pad of her thumb moving across my bottom lip. "Always." She whispers as she leans down, her soft lips connecting with mine. My hands grip her back, pulling her closer to me as her breasts graze my chest. She pulls away, breathing heavily with her forehead rested on mine. "Greyson.." She pants out, "Fuck me." The minute the words leave her mouth I'm already grabbing my shaft and sliding her on top of me. She starts to rock her hips as water starts to splash, but neither of us care.

"Oh god." She cries out as her hands tangle into my hair, tugging tightly.

My hands find their way to her hips, bouncing her up and down as we move in perfect rhythm with each other. I place open mouth kisses down her neck, sucking and biting along the way as her head goes back in pleasure. It doesn't take too long before her walls start to close and she starts to shake in pleasure. Her breath shudders as she gasps, going right over the edge, her hands tugging the back of my hair, causing my head to go back. It doesn't take much longer for me to go right over, riding out my orgasm. When the fuck did I stop lasting longer.

She breaths heavily, her head still thrown back with her eyes shut. My hands rest on the sides of her stomach, my head hung low.

After another couple of minutes, her hands leave my hair and slide down my neck to rest on my chest. She leans forward, kissing the top of my head before sliding off of me.  She turns around so her back is facing me, I run my fingers down the floral tattoo on her spine, before she leans against me. I wrap my arms around her chest as one of her hands comes up to rest on my forearms, her fingers moving from side to side, soothingly.

"Do you want to just go to court?" She asks quietly.

"Hmm?"

"To get married, do you want to just go to court? Instead of making a big deal with the whole big white wedding thing."

"I don't know, I guess we can." I say rubbing the scruff on my face.

"What's wrong?" She sits up, craning her neck to look at me.

"I don't know, I just, guess I liked the idea of seeing you walk down the aisle."

"Maybe one day, but a wedding takes so long to plan it would defeat the whole point of why we're doing it."

"Yeah, you're right." I say, my eyes meeting hers.

"Maybe, we could have like a small get together afterwards, you know, like a mini reception, with all of our close friends and family."

"That sounds good. You still have to wear white though."

"Deal." She giggles, kissing me on the cheek before standing up. "We should probably get out, besides the fact that the water is getting cold, we have plans in like an hour." She grabs an oversized fluffy white towel, wrapping it around herself and tightening it around her chest so it stays up, before she steps out, holding onto my hand for support.

"So, we're really doing this? Getting married?" I ask, wrapping a towel around my waist, the sound of the water draining in the background.

A sweet smile spread across her lips, "We are."

✳︎

"I didn't think I'd see the day." Chris says, leaning back in his seat.

"For real though." Evan agrees from across the table.

"But, you're okay with it?" Evelyn asks, bringing her straw to her peachy nude, lipstick covered lips.

"Yeah. If you're both happy, I support you." Chris answers as I grin.

"Thanks, man." I say, and he smiles over at me.

"Now, let's talk stats." Jake says, leaning forward on his elbows, as Sophia chuckles before turning towards Evelyn.

"Ev, look at this Cocker Spaniel puppy I saw this morning." I hear her say as I try to hold back a grin.

Evelyn loves Cocker Spaniels, she's talked non-stop about getting one since I met her. I decided a couple of weeks ago to surprise her with one. I'm picking her up in a little over a week.

"Oh my god, stop. It's adorable." I hear her say before I tune back in on the guys talking about the top five teams in the league last season.

"Colorado pulled their heads out of their asses and somehow managed to make the top ten. I don't know how because they've sucked for the last ten years but, they did." Evan says, pulling his baseball cap back on his head.

"Didn't they get a new coach?" I ask, scratching my jaw.

"Yeah, heard he's a major hard ass. Apparently every time they lose a game, they have to do ten bag skates for the amount of points the winning team got, and then some. They don't get to go home until they do, and they all have to be in sync, or else he adds another five." Jake explains.

"Jesus. I get wanting your team to be good but, you also want them to be alive." If I had to do that I'd literally be dead by the end of the week.

"They just drafted a seventeen year old." Evan says, pulling out his phone.

"Shit, and I thought me getting drafted at nineteen was a big deal. He didn't even finish high school." Chris says with wide eyes.

"That still is a pretty big deal, they don't do that a lot." I say as he shrugs his shoulder.

"He's still gonna finish school but he's not going to college. He's apparently been on the USA team for the IIHF at the Junior World Champs.

"I almost did that." I say as Evan nods.

"I thought about it, my mom wouldn't let me. She was a schoolwork first, hockey second, kind of mom. And it overlapped with school, I would've most likely had to repeat my junior year."

"Damn." Jake says, pulling out his wallet and slipping his card into the bill.

I lean towards Evelyn, "Do you have my card still?" I ask as she turns her head.

"Oh, yeah. Hold on." She reaches into her purse, pulling out her wallet, before handing me my black Amex card. "Thank you." I say, slipping the card into the bill after reading the receipt.

After a couple minutes the waitress returns with our cards and we all sign receipts, before gathering our things.

"We're gonna go hit some of the shops down the street." Evelyn says as we walk out the door, "Have fun." She kisses me on the cheek before walking to catch up with the rest of the girls.

"Alright," Chris pats me on the back, "Let's do this." He says as we make our way into the jewelry store.

After dropping off my grandmother's wedding ring to get it sized down, and change it a little, we made our way into the local sports store down the road. Which is where Evelyn thinks we've been this whole time.

"So, are you going to officially propose, or what?" Evan asks, as we make our way to look at Bauer's new line of hockey sticks.

"I think I'm just going to surprise her in the courtroom. She thinks we're getting rings after, since it's happening so fast." I say as we make our way down the aisle.

"Cute." Jake mouths off as we stop in front of the sticks.

"Dude, look at the grip on these things." Chris says picking one up and examining it.

"I told myself I wasn't going to buy one, but I may have to change my mind on that."

"Remind me to buy more tape while we're here." I say, scanning the row of sticks.

"Buy more tape." Chris says flatly and I lightly shove him.

"Not right now, fucker." I say as he chuckles and lightly shoves me back.

"When are you getting the puppy?" Jake asks, leaning against the shelf on the other side of the aisle.

"I can't pick her up until after next Wednesday. When are you going to get laid? I mean you got married for fucks sake and you obviously didn't have sex... which is weird." I ask as he playfully punches my arm.

"You seriously need to." Chris says, "Your game is terrible lately. But back to the puppy. You realize she's going to cry, right?" He says as I chuckle.

"Yeah.." I say folding my arms across my chest.

"Fancy seeing you guys here." A voice speaks up as we all turn around to see Coach Jacobs standing there.

"Hey Coach." Evan says, sending him a small smile.

"Rhodes. What the hell you got going on? Two different women, come on man." He says as I try not to roll my eyes.

"I don't have two different women, the story isn't true. Someone tipped off the journalist." I say as he stalks towards us.

"How do you know that?" He asks, crossing his arms over his chest, covering the Miami Mavericks logo on his polo.

"Because, that someone would be my dad." Chris says as Coach's brows furrow.

"Why would your dad do that?" He asks, shifting his balance onto one leg.

"Because he doesn't like me, and tried to get Evelyn away from me." I sigh as his face softens.

"I'm sorry man, that's shitty." He says, patting my shoulder.

"Yeah."

"Alright well I'll let you guys go. I just heard your voices and thought they sounded familiar." He chuckles, nodding at us, "See ya tomorrow."

"Bye Coach." We all say as he walks away.

"He was totally about to chew your ass out." Jake says

"I know. Glad it happened here instead of him making a whole scene at practice though." I say as my phone vibrates.

Taking it out of my pocket I see a message from Evelyn.

Evy: we're headed to Starbucks if you guys want to meet us there.

Me: ok, we'll be there soon

I lock my phone before sliding it back into my pocket. "The girls want us to meet them at Starbucks."

"Right now?" Chris asks as we make our way out of the store.

"Yeah, they're probably already there." I say as we head toward the Starbucks on the corner of the busy street.

"God, it's so hot." Jake groans, throwing his head back.

"Honestly. It's like 100 degrees." Chris says, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"It's 104 actually." Jake says, looking at his phone before turning the screen to show us the weather app.

"Jesus Christ."

I'm always overheated, even when I'm on the ice without my hockey gear on. So, living in Florida isn't the best for me. Especially since I'm from Michigan, where people just put on a jacket when it snows, and 60 degrees is considered swimming weather. Granted, most people who have pools have heated pools, but still. I take full advantage of winter here, even if it gets no lower than 50 degrees, and that's usually just in the morning and at night time, but it's the best I'm gonna get.

"I feel like I'm about to melt." Evan whines, being overdramatic as usual.

"Okay Olaf." Jake says sarcastically.

"Dude. The Disney obsession has to stop." Chris says as Jake shoves his shoulder and he almost falls off the side walk.

"Are you trying to get me hit by a car?" Chris says, regaining his balance.

"I wouldn't complain, that's for sure. I'd have one less dickhead to deal with." Jake says before Chris puts him in a headlock.

"Tap out you little shit." Jake struggles underneath him as they both laugh.

"If you say so." He says before tapping him in the nuts with his elbow and Chris shoots straight up.

"Motherfucker." Chris says before Jake takes off running, Chris following after him.

"Wasn't he just complaining about how hot was?" I ask as Evan chuckles.

"Sure was."

"Idiot."

Word Count: 3,133

For those of you wondering about Jake and Katherine getting married... You can now read Falling Forward to find out exactly what happened!!!

Here is an idea of what Evelyn's tattoo on her back looks like:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 4.9K 52
Book 3 of 3 Highly recommend you read books 1 and 2 first. Mel just moved back to New York City. She left four years ago after the love of her life...
268K 3.7K 55
"π‘Œπ‘œπ‘’ 𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑙 π‘˜π‘›π‘œπ‘€ π‘€β„Žπ‘’π‘› 𝑖𝑑'𝑠 π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’, π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘Žπ‘™ π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’, π‘π‘’π‘π‘Žπ‘’π‘ π‘’ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ 𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑒𝑑𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑙𝑦 π‘ π‘‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘ 𝑏𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔...
1.7M 39.9K 46
Pro hockey star, Christian Brooks, has everything he ever needed as a starting forward Right Winger, and a three year old daughter. Or, so he thought...
943K 27.1K 66
COMPLETED - It's puck at first sight for Jules Martin, when his gaze falls on Luna Larsson at his first College ice hockey game with a new team. The...