Tares City

By Shania_Samm

After being attacked one night during her shift, paramedic Naomi Reid finds herself thrown into the world of... More

1. Solar Eclipse
2. Failure To Execute
3. TCPD's Finest
4. Fates Intertwining
5. Call For Backup
6. Trouble Rising
7. No Sympathy For The Devil
8. Fine, I'll Do It Myself
9. Anonymous Tips
10. Investigations and New Relations
11. Field Trips
12. Blindsides
13. Repercussions
14. Knowing Is Half The Battle
15. What's Past Is Prologue
16. Chaos Under The Moon
17. Thursday
18. When The Levee Breaks
19. Changes In Relationships
20. Someone From My Past
21. The Calm Before Another Storm
22. Situation Under Control
23. Moving On
24. Conversations Had And Heard
25. Life's Patterns
26. Can't Seem To Get A Break
27. So, What Now
28. (un)Human Behaviors
29. Hospital Trips
30. Places
31. The Detective & The Paramedics
32. The Things That Define Us
33. Sean And Kai
35. Jackson
36. The Night That Keeps On Giving
37. We Need To Discuss This
38. Crazy, How Things Work Out
39. The Tip Of The Iceberg
40. Back To Work
41. Back Against The Wall
42. Ever Be Easy
43. This Is Now
44. Foul Play or Fair Play
45. Just Another Day At Work
46. New Developments
47. Heating up
48. Boiling Point
49. Correlation
50. Moon River
51. Start Of Something?
52. Aftermath
53. Another Bad Day
54. Arrow
55. Distrust & Suspicions
56. Another Problem Brewing
57. Pulled Back In
58. Puzzle Pieces
59. Hunters And Lycans Of Tares City
60. Lycans And Hunters Of Tares City
61. Gone Is The Illusion Of Control
62. Dilemmas
63. Plans & Assignments
64. History And Its Domino Effect
65. Darla
66. Good Riddance!
67. Just Live...(Until I Die)
68. Trouble Has Its Way Of Finding Us
69. Fracture & Hope
70. Trouble Rears Its Head Again
71. Conniving Measures: Josh Kennedy
72. Conniving Measures: Quinn Brooks
73. Dead-end Problems
74. Imminent Threats
75. Peace Is Temporary
76. Partners In Crime
77. This City
78. The Road To Trouble
79. The Part We Play
80. Location, Location
81. Getting Closer
82. The Hunt Is on Pt. 1
83. The Hunt Is On Pt. 2
84. Hostile Takeover
85. Xylia
86. Bad Moon
87. The Kennedys
88. Crossfire, Involvement & Rescue
89. Contact With The Dead
90. Coming To Terms
91. Kennedy City
92. A Plan Formed
93. Beautiful Friendships
94. Power Moves
95. The Gang's All Here
96. A Hell Of A Ride

34. The Night Continues

65 15 6
By Shania_Samm

Arrow Berlin

Arrow paces the length of her living room, stepping over pieces of broken furniture as she mumbles a string of profanities. She looks at the two large pools of blood that'd soaked into her favorite dark purple carpet as she struggled to find a solution to her predicament. 

She had two bodies to get rid of. In the past, she'd never had to worry about such a matter. The organization always takes care of cleanups, whether it is for a mission or not. But tonight, cleanup was Arrow's problem as she didn't have the luxury of calling the organization for assistance. Calling would lead to her uncle finding out what had happened, and she didn't want that.

Arrow knew her uncle. She knew that Elmann would see this as an opportunity for himself. Either using it as a debt to hang over her head or to get something he wanted from her. Either way, she couldn't let any of those things happen. The organization was not an option. She wasn't that desperate.

"How on earth am I going to move two bodies on my own?" She wonders out loud to herself, still pacing. 

"Damn you, Bell!" She shouts out in frustration as she tries to determine the best course of action to take. She looks at the siblings - Bell's reverted human form riddled with bullet wounds and Beau, whose neck was ripped open. As she studies them, their father comes to her mind. "Do I call Mr. Valentine?" She continues speaking out loud to herself. "What would I even say to the man? Hey, both your kids are dead in my living room. Come for their bodies?! yeah! Cause that'll go over well!" She ends her rant with a sigh. "But, he needs to know what happened to his kids."

Going for her phone, she scrolls through her contacts - Finger hovering over Mr. Valentine's. "It has to be done. He needs to know," She says to herself before pressing the call icon. She listens anxiously to the ringing as she waits for him to answer. "You've reached my voicemail. You know what to do!" 

"Dammit!" Arrow mumbles as she ends the call. She tries another four times before giving up. 

Staring at the phone in her hand, she wished she knew Ezra's number. Sure, there'd be a dozen questions, but she figured he'd still help her.

A knock at the door has her freezin mid pace. "TCPD! OPEN UP!" A voice shouts.

"What! No no no no! Dammit!" Arrow hisses out In a panic. This was possibly the worst night of her life. Completely out of her depth with the odds stacked against her.

Moving as quickly and quietly as she can, Arrow runs over to her couch - dragging the piece of furniture over her carpeted floor. As she does, more knock sound at her door, the officer calling out once more.

"Coming! Coming!" Arrow yells back as she positions the couch in front of the Valentines' bodies. Taking her black weighted blanket of it, she draped it over them - Effectively hiding them from view. As long as they stayed outside, she'd be fine. Picking up the discarded guns, she chucks it near the bodies.

Going over to her loveseat, she begins pushing it to the center of the room in an attempt to hide most of her broken center table from view. Her living room was in total disarray, but Arrow figures that as long as she keeps the officers at the door, she could pull this off.

Giving the room a quick one over, she rushes to answer the door.

Opening it slightly, she peeps through at the officers before her. "Can I help you?" She asks timidly.

"Goodnight, Ma'am.  We received reports of gunshots -"

"Gunshots?!" Arrow exclaims in surprise, cutting off the officer.

"Yes, gunshots. We're here to investigate," the officer replies.

"Officers, I can assure you those sounds didn't come from my house. That's - " Arrow begins but stops short when the sound of whining catches her attention. Noticing a third officer with two K-9s approaching them quickly - The dogs tugging against their leashes.
The officer looks back at him and the dog, the two sharing a nod before he returns his attention to Arrow.

Before the officer could say anything more to Arrow, the bith dogs break free from their handler with a chorus of loud barks. Barreling full force at her, the bigger of the two dogs takes the lead, bounding through the small opening of the door - knocking an unprepared Arrow back a couple steps. The two animals run into her home, barking and growling.

The scene plays out as if in slow motion before Arrow. The officer who'd let the dogs get away from him runs into her home after it, faster than she could object. She watches helplessly as the police dogs runs over to the couch, barking wildly.

"Shit," Arrow says softly, knowing that there was no coming back from this. She places her hands in the air, above her head moments before the shouting begins. She finds herself being forced to the ground, the dogs' incessant barking and the shouting of the officers surrounding her.

Her heart was beating almost painfully in her chest, her eyes stinging with the need to release her tears.

~

Jensen Carter

Jensen stood to the side, leaning against the hospital's white walls. To his side, Dalton stood with his hands in the pockets of his jacket. They both eyed the detective, Dean, as he talked to his captain. Back up had arrived five minutes after the entire ordeal - running into the room shouting and ready to shoot.

The detective had a lot of explaining to do. Three bodies and four people who had no business being in that room with the two of them during the attack.
Jensen eased-dropped in on Dean's conversation with the captain from time to time, but his mind was more focused on Naomi. Off in another room, she and Avery were being checked out by a doctor.

He didn't know what to make of the situation, feeling slightly anxious about it. Naomi knew about Lycans, which was a surprise to him, and though she seemed weary , Jensen didn't sense any fear from her.
Knowing about Lycans is one thing, but he needed to know where she stood on him being one.
Jensen let out a sigh. He needed to get the full story from her.

"I can practically hear your thoughts running a million miles per minute over there," Dalton comments, giving him a nudge.

"That's an understatemen," Jensen jokes softly in response. "What a night!"

"Where's your head at man? Naomi and her friend being hunters?...More specifically, Naomi? I'm guessing," Dalton asks.

"She said she wasn't," Jensen replies, turning to look at his friend.

"Come on, man. Only a hunter would dear stand up against Lycans like she and the friend did. And on the night of a full moon, too? She's either a hunter or just plain crazy!" Dalton argues. Jensen goes silent, not having a rebuttal to his friend's statement.
Dalton had a point. They were outnumbered and unarmed yet willing stayed to fight against three Lycans on a mission. But although the situation didn't add up logically and he couldn't argue the points , he believed Naomi.

Hearing footsteps approaching, Jensen looks up to see Dean hobbling over to them with his crutches, his captain walking alongside him.

Stopping in front of them, the captain holds out his hand to Jensen, "Thank you, gentlemen," He begins, addressing both of them as Jensen shakes his hand firmly. "If you two had not stepped in when you did, I would have lost my two best detectives. And those brave young ladies as well." Shaking Dalton's hand, he takes a step back, giving them a nod before walking off.

"He's a hunter if you guys were wondering," Dean begins softly. "That's the most gratitude you're going to get out of him. The details around this whole thing are sensitive. Parts of it can't go on record. We won't be needing your statements or anything like that. The captain will take care of it. I wanted to thank you guys also. Even if you just came for the girls, you still saved my ass. So, thank you."

"No problem, detective," Dalton pipes up.

"You're not a hunter, but your captain is?" Jensen asks with a raised brow.

"Yeah. A good bit of people on the TCPD are hunters. I...uh, I'm friends with a hunter. It's how I know about everything. And, not all our cases are black and white, so...," Dean answers, trailing off at the end.

"Naomi and Avery?" Jensen asks, leaving his question open for interpretation - Wanting to see what the detective had to say about them.

"Hm, I've probably only met them once in passing before today," Dean begins with a little chuckle. "I guess I'm responsible for them being involved in this whole mess. They're  Calvin's friends. Naomi had been trying to get in touch with him, so I called to let them know he was in the hospital. In doing that... I found out that they'd been... they thought I was a hunter. I thought they were Lycans from the conversations I read. Calvin had been acting strange and... he confided in them, I guess? I don't know. We didn't get a chance to talk much before everything went down. Avery said I could place them in the hunter category if I must, but I'm pretty sure she just said that to appease me. They weren't exactly trusting of me. Im pretty sure they'd thought i would murder Calvin if he were a Lycan."

"Mr. Straken," A nurse calls out from behind him.

"The doctors have to take a look at me now. Thanks again, fellas, for the save." He says before heading to the nurse.

"Here they come," Dalton says  spotting Naomi and Avery speeding around a corner. He watches them search the room before spotting him and Dalton, breaking out into a little run toward them. Naomi had her hand to her throat, the bruising there still very much visible. She also had a small paper bag in her hand, presumably something the doctor prescribed.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry," Avery begins, "We hate to do this, but we have to leave. Right now!"

Jensen glances to Naomi, a guilty look across her face. She opens her mouth to speak, but Avery cuts in to explain. "Doctor's orders, she can't speak for a while because of her throat. Look, we I know we need to talk...all of us and the you two, one on one, but we have to leave. Right this minute! We need to get to Kindrel before a situation becomes situation! Naomi will call you, I promise," Avery rushes out.

"What situation? Anything you two need help with?" Jensen asks, noticing how anxious the two were.

"No, it's alright, we could handle it," Avery answers, Dalton letting out a sound of suspicion at her answer.

Turning to Naomi, Jensen takes a step closer to her, pleased when she didn't back away or cower -Instead raising her head slightly to look at him directly. "If something goes wrong and you need help. Don't hesitate to call me," He says to her softly.

~

"That's more than enough excitement for me in one night," Dalton comments as they pull up to Jensen's home. A small two story house located on the edge of a quiet neighborhood. Two bedrooms, two and a half baths with a decent sized backyard, Jensen had acquired the home for way less that it was worth. The real-estate broker's way of  expressing his gratitude.

Pulling into the driveway, Dalton goes to speak again but stops when he sees the silhouette of someone sitting at the doorstep.

"Jens," He says tensely.

"Yeah, I see them," Jesnen answers lowly, his body tense as well. Turning off the car, the two step out cautiously. Jensen takes a whiff of the air, the scent of the person familiar but foreign at the same time.

"Hello, Jensen."

"Jackson," Jensen growls out angrily.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 4.4K 58
> > _________ //BOOK 1\\ Fun fact: Lycan is short for Lycanthropy, which means a human that can turn into a wolf purposely or being placed under a cu...
137 0 45
This is a part 2 to Path Of Shadows. If you haven't read that yet, please go back and read from the beginning so you can catch up, even if you read i...
19.4K 601 37
Aurora O'Harrin has been a Hunter of the supernatural since the age of five. Her family specializes in demons, a revenge fueled passion. At some poin...
370 34 33
When a lycanthrope hunter comes to Salem, all hell breaks lose in the supernatural community, and Jesse is smack in the middle of the chaos. On top...