Eumythymn Hunter

By SilverPsychoEuka

The notorious thief, Virdjana Phantom Assassin, colloquially known as White Cat or Albus Feles is infamous to... More

Prologue
Arcacia Academy
The Test
Define a Rebel
Follow Up
A Comeback
Curious Fire
Cloaks and Ruckus
Typical Troubles
To the Burial Forest
A Cold Shoulder
Stir of the Moment
Match Up
Garden Nymph
Nymphnapped
Hurricania
Desperation
Rescue Mission
Under Siege
Blood and Pride
Wiped Out
Bandages
Time Walker
The Good Kind of Footsteps
A Glimpse of Somber
Safeguarding Operation
Anti-Stalker
Issues to Resolve
Academy Archives
Distress and Distractions
Shadow in the Lurking
Catch that Thief!
Play the Lying Game
Retrieval Mission
Versus the Beast Tamer
Cleopardia to Retromalus
Transactions and New Faces
No Normal Criminal
The Great Cauldron
Countermeasures
Sparking Anger
Illumination
The Resonance
Offburn
Alley Talk
Icier than Ice
The Best Duo Ever
A Guest of Honor

Fading Distance

6 1 0
By SilverPsychoEuka

"She's going to help us. Never too late to add another one to the team." Phantom nonchalantly reasons, as she opens the double door leading to the real backstage of the Dome.

Virdjana's POV 

As we walked in the corridors the smell of old wood lingers prominently in the air. Who knows if this is a trap? Yet, I have to risk it in order to get my hands on the Chronicle Book. 

It was Nix' turn to carry Ryoline this time, but both of them are still handcuffed. Nix' axe was hanging behind his shoulder, while Ryoline is on her shoulder. She looks like she was being punished, and honestly she deserves that. 

It did not even took more than 30 minutes before we spotted the Chronicle Book afloat and encased by a protective magic bubble on a podium. Surrounded with nothing else but empty bins, and used crates. 

"Approach it warily." Drago reminded everyone. 

"This is obviously a trap. Come on." reklamo ni Kadaski na ayaw gumalaw mula sa kinatatayuan nito. 

"Come on Aski. Virdjana and her Resonance friend will watch the door, help me figure out how to unlock the rune seals." said Drago as he pulls Kadaski with him. 

As both Fire Enchants began analyzing the runes, Nix snickers lightly and starts a conversation with me. 

"Sino sa dalawang iyon ang boyfriend mo? O baka naman pareho mo silang boyfriend?" panimula nito. 

I rolled my eyes in irritation. Nix may be blind, but that doesn't stop her from being annoying. She has always been like this. However, I do not know her any longer. Nix may be an old friend of mine, but a lot of things may have changed, and she can still betray us just like Ryoline did. However, to be fair, I know Ryoline will betray us. 

"Say Albus Feles, how did the both of you defeated my senses?" asked the Resonance member while giving me a grin. 

"Concealment Magic." I shortly answered. 

"Ah that! Wait, but that only hides someone's aura." pouted Nix, seemingly unconvinced with the response she got. 

"It was a dual enchantment." I stated as I slightly shift my body to face her. 

She gave me an 'OH-' facial expression before nodding. "Hiding the aura, and silencing sounds. You applied it to that boy, and managed to trick me. Heh~ takes me back to the days where we storm other Hazbin territories. They were always baffled as to how we were infiltrating their bases. Bunch of morons." 

"I'm not going to let you distract me with that little trip-down memory lane." I glared, pulling out my dagger and pointing it to her neck. 

"Sharp as usual. I know you won't take my word for it, but I'm not gonna stop you from taking the Chronicle Book. When I received a tip-off that Albus Feles is back here at Retromalus, my mind went blank for a few minutes. I only ever wanted to see if you're doing alright." Then she turns to look behind us. 

I also turned around and that was when I realized people are hiding outside, waiting for us to get the book before ambushing us. Did Nix just revealed Intruder's plan? 

"Yeah, right." I could not let myself feel nostalgic right now. 

"How cold! Sends shivers to my under-OW!" I was quick to pinch her arm to stop her from completing that sentence. 

"Despite acting distant, you actually take my word for it right? It won't be easy to accept words from a mercernary, but at least believe me when I say that Okapa and the others chose to stay there for you. We all did." Nix added as she brushes the reddening spot on her arm. 

"Drago, Kadaski, enemies are outside. Bilisan niyo na diyan." I told the boys. 

"Eto na nga eh. Lima na lang." pahayag ni Kadaski habang nakakunot ang noo. 

"Ever since the previous Auction, I've been thinking how you could have easily taken the necklace, run back to our group and pretend like nothing happened. Yet, you have to deal with an older stubborn girl that wants a particular pair of blades. The girl that was caught and burned by a Karthalian, but shielded by you instead." Nix took a deep breathe after that and without warning easily breaks the handcuffs with pure strength alone. 

"What the hell?" gulat na reaksiyon ang puminta sa mukha ni Kadaski. 

"How did you defeat her again?" kabado namang tanong ni Drago na mas humigpit ang hawak sa Chronicle Book. 

When did she get this strong? I stepped back as parts of the handcuff scattered on the floor, snapping back to reality at the same time. 

"Virdjana there's a backdoor, but it's also blocked." informed Drago. 

"We need to go now." insisted Kadaski as he summons Fire Salamanders. 

Nix was massaging her shoulders in preparation to fight, then hands Ryoline to Kadaski Nueva. 

"Attack them!" shouted an enemy from behind, therefore triggering all others that was hiding to begin casting enchantments. "Intruder ordered us to catch all of them alive!" 

"Not on my watch. HA! HA! HA!" Spinning her Yubalia Axe, all magic was thwarted like smoke.
"Tch, why is the Captain of Resonance siding with them?!" 

Is this her epic way of sending us off? She wanted to look cool in front of me huh? With a wave of my hand, an immediate magic circle appeared underneath Drago and Kadaski, runes quickly writing themselves around as if it has a mind of its own. 

"Anong? Inaatake ba tayo mula sa loob?" pag-papanic ni Kadaski. 

"This is Virdjana's doing." Drago told his best friend. 

"Reggie!" A quick swerve of silver smoke flowed out of my necklace as I summon my guardian. 

"This is Reggie?" asked Nix with a chuckle as she punches three guys away without even moving from her spot. "Nice to finally meet you!" 

"To you as well." smiled my guardian before dispersing to combine with the magic circle on the floor. 

"Phantom! Let's go!" urged Kadaski Nueva. 

This guy talks like he knows what I am about to do when all exits are blocked by the enemies. That won't do. 

Before I was able to cast an enchantment, Nix whispered a few words to my ear before laughing, and I grit my teeth in response.

'Nix, you appear without warning, then you tell me things. How can you just casually catch me off guard?'

I gave the woman one knowing glance. 'It's not her. I know that. I'm the one who let down my fucking guard.' 

"TILEMETAFORA MAGNUS!"

Kadaski's POV 

Lumanding kami sa madamong lugar sa labas ng dome kung saan kami nagtatago bago magsimula ang infiltration. Mabilis kong hinagod ng tingin ang paligid para siguraduhing walang kalaban sa paligid. 

"Drago, ayos ka lang?" 

"I think my elbow landed on a rock, it hurts." sabi ni Drago ng may kalahating-ngiti sa kaniyang mukha.

"Ugh, seryoso Phantom? Hindi ka pa rin tapos pag-tripan si Drago?" kunot-noo kung komento.
Sa pagkakataong iyon ay sandali kaming nagkatinginan ng kaibigan ko nang mapagtanto naming wala si Phantom sa paligid.

"Gumulong ba siya pababa sa kabila?" tanong ko kay Drago.

Dinalaw agad ako ng nerbiyos. Inihiga ko sa damuhan si Ryoline at nagsimulang libutin ang paligid ngunit hindi ko siya makita. Ang inis na nararamdaman ko kani-kanina lang ay napalitan ng pag-aalala. 

Kung wala siya rito ay nangangahulugan lamang na-

"Aski! Anong ginagawa mo? Baka ma-spottan tayo ng mga kalaban!" sigaw sa akin ni Drago mula sa likuran ng mga damo.

"Phantom is missing!" I can't help but press my lips together, and take a deep breathe as I slide down the hill.

"Aski! We need to hide for now." whisper-shouted Drago. 

N̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶a̶c̶r̶i̶f̶i̶c̶e̶.̶ ̶N̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶.̶

"What the hell are you freaking out for Nueva?" the moment that indifferent tone and voice rung to my ears, I found myself rushing up the hill to find this woman bandaging the cuts in her body.

"Air!" I answered quickly, but I noticed my voice cracked.

---

Nagsimula na naming tahakin ang daan pabalik sa Kakahuyan ng Cleopardia. Bilang pag-iingat, iminungkahi ni Phantom na patagalin ang pagtulog ni Ryoline Nanami sa pamamagitan ng isang sleeping spell. 

"I'm not even surprised at this point. You do really know how to use the Noraxian Runes." namamanghang komento ng matalik kong kaibigan na natutuwa naman sa panonood kay Phantom na magsulat ng mga simbolo sa lupa.

Drago has been smiling more often because of Phantom, I wonder if I should be concerned or if it's just one of my overprotectiveness radar alarming me. We shouldn't trust her yet!

"Aski, napakatahimik mo naman ata. Hindi sa nagrereklamo ko, maganda ring may neutral mood ka paminsan-minsan." puna sa akin ni Drago nang hindi inaalis ang kaniyang mga mata kay Phantom.

Aba, hindi man lang tumingin. May tama na ata. Huwag  kang mag-alala Drago sisiguraduhin kong walang magagawa si Phantom upang mabiyak ang pagkakaibigan natin.

"Bawal bang mapagod? Lahat naman tayo pagod, kaya huwag kang masyadong magulat." Lumapit ako sa dalawa at pumagitna sa kanila. "Oh tabi, asus, ano bang interesting sa mga random na linyang iyan?"

"Aski, be more appreciative of the lost languages. We should be honored that Virdjana is letting us see this upclose." Drago remarked joyfully.

"At sino ngayon ang nakakalimot nang tunay nating mission? Ako ba? Ako? Distracted ka masyado." Hindi ko mapigilang maging sarkastiko, pero hindi naman ako guilty sa sinabi ko.

"Oo nga pala. I'm sorry about that Aski." apologized Drago as he scratches his nape. 

Wait, was I being too mean? 

"Ayos lang. Sino ba naman ang nagsabing hindi tayo puwedeng mag-relax. Completed na ang mission!" I beamed a smile, albeit a half-hearte one.

Tumango si Drago at bumalik sa panonood kay Phantom.

After the spell was completed, we continued trekking across the forest, and thankfully there were no Starblaze wolves in sight. I was beginning to wonder what time of the night or day it is, but we do not have any clock with us, nor did not bring our E.H.Ps since it was a rushed mission.

"It's 10:30 in the evening." Phantom said out of nowhere. 

Did she read my mind? Can she please stop doing that? Where's the privacy in this side of town? 

I can't help but complain in my head, just in case she tries probing my mind again.

Two more hours of exhausting jogging, and walking. We were able to finally get a signal to call for the mission car - for Manong Fred. 

"Enchanted Elites! I'm glad that you came back safe!" was the first thing Manong shouted as he leaps out of the car to take Ryoline off of Drago's arms, and into the backseat of the vehicle. "I'm assuming you got the Chronicle Book with you?"

"Here, Manong." I handed the book without wasting any second, and we watched him encase it inside an oblique black box. 

"This is great! The Masters would be delighted. Ano pang hinihintay ninyo? Sakay na! May celebration pa mamaya!" magiliw nitong pahayag. 

"Opo, sige po." sagot namin ni Drago. 

---

Master Shin's POV

"It's almost midnight brother. Hindi ka ba nag-a-alala para sa mga batang iyon?" tanong sa akin ng kambal na si Shien habang umiinom ito ng kanyang tsaa. 

Kasalukuyan kaming nasa opisina ng mga Masters kung saan naganap ang emergency meeting tungkol sa pagkawala ng Chronicle Book. Alam na rin ng lahat ng miyembro ng council ang tungkol sa pagtatraydor na ginawa ni Ryoline Nanami. Napag-usapan na rin ang parusang ihahatol sa dalaga sa pagbalik nito sa paaralan. 

"Mas nag-a-alala ako sa resulta ng mission nila. Alam kong kaya ng mga bata ang kanilang mga sarili, may tiwala akong magagawa nila ng maayos ang mission, ngunit ikinakabahala kong hindi na bumalik si Virdjana Phantom Assassin sa akademyang ito." 

"Hindi ba at nakumbinsi mo naman ito na mag-aral sa paaralan ng walang problema? Bakit sumagi sa isipan mong hindi na siya babalik?" Tumayo si Shien at isinuot ang roba ng kaniyang uniporme bilang Librarian ng Arcacia Academy. 

"Because I didn't convince the lady, I threatened her to enroll in the academy." I revealed. I believe it was about time that my twin sister learns about it. 

I just waited for the moment that they would meet, and let her judge the woman with her own eyes. "I don't invite random people to enroll into the institution, but when I saw her one random day using Wind Magic I knew I had to invite her in."

My twin sister started shaking her head, "I won't blame you Shin. I did the very same thing when we meet at the Library, when I learned that she was a Eumythymn I did my best to convince her to stop her pursuit, and simply train in the academy." 

Naguluhan ako sa kung ano man ang tinutukoy ng aking kakambal. "Is she after someone in the academy?" 

"Definitely not. I told you how I learned that she wanted to borrow the Chronicle Book? That was the reason why you sent her to a room arrest because she was our primary suspect." began Shien and I nodded to tell her to proceed, "Shin, that girl is looking for other Eumythymns." 

I was stunned for a moment, "Everyone died in that ambush. Isn't she hunting ghosts by now?" 

"Except Miss Assassin sounded confident that her people are alive. I don't know where she got that idea, but it seems like she was working to figure it out. However..." As Shien trails off, I just got more curious about their conversation. 

"What's the matter?" Never does Shien sounds this serious unless it's about books and history.
"I did not sense that she is lying."

"Masters!"

It was Ertune Merdenia who bursted from the door, literally, and I raised an eyebrow to urge him to proceed. 

"They're back! They got the Chronicle Book, and Ryoline together!"

It took me a moment to react, but soon enough we found ourselves rushing to the backgates of Arcacia Academy. In fact, we are already late to the party. Drago Arcedes is catching up with the other Enchanted Elites, Kadaski Nueva is being loud as per usual, and the girl who I wrongfully accused of the thievery was just leaning on the mission car.

"Go ahead Shin." whispered my twin sister with a small push on my back. 

"Ehem." I made my presence known, so the students all bowed respectfully, except Virdjana Phantom Assassin. "Sa tingin ko ay huwag na muna ninyong guluhin ang tatlo, kailangan nila ng pahinga. For the available Enchanted Elites, I want you to handle the beginning of the Chronicle Play, and bring Nanami Ryoline to the Detention Cell for questioning."

"Yes, Master!" they responded in chorus, before scattering. 

"Master, we'll take Phantom to the Infirmary. Kami na po ang bahala." initiated Kadaski Nueva with a serious look on his face. 

'This is new. I believe he hates the new girl.'

"Master?" the voice of Drago Arcedes snapped me back to reality. 

"I was thinking about your reward. Go forth and aid the beautiful lady." I stated, and watched them walk away. 

"Shin."

"Ah, Holy Mother of Vallanra!" I jumped in surprise, as I forgot that my twin remained with me at the backgates. 

"Mukhang nabahag ang buntot mo kapatid. Natatakot ka bang lumayo ang loob ng dalaga sa iyo?" tanong sa akin ni Shien ng may mapang-asar na ngiti sa kaniyang mga labi.

"We're not close in the first place. What a baseless statement." bumuntong-hininga ako, at nagsimulang maglakad pabalik sa opisina ng mga Masters.

"Look at you acting like you don't care. It must be the guilt knocking at your door? I wonder what will Everin say if she sees your cowardice." she continued teasing.

"Be quiet. This might just be for the best." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 8.3K 49
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...
981K 42K 87
Kenta Bernard, a seventeen-year-old, died of leukemia in the hospital and was reincarnated in a novel that he has yet to finish. He is the ill second...
231K 3.8K 59
𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ π–¬π–Ίπ—‚π—Œπ—‚π–Ύ 𝖦𝗋𝖾𝖾𝗇, 𝖺 𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗅-π—„π—‡π—ˆπ—π—‡ π–Όπ—ˆπ—‡π—π–Ύπ—‡π— π–Όπ—‹π–Ύπ–Ίπ—π—ˆπ—‹ π—‚π—Œ 𝖽𝖾𝗆𝖺𝗇𝖽𝖾𝖿 π—π—ˆ 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗇𝖾𝗋 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖬...
98.5K 3.8K 41
(This is not machine translated!) (Starts from chapter 241.) A guy in his late twenties one day wakes up in someone else's body and realises he's gon...