golden [2] | TAYLOR SWIFT

By ireallylikekiwis

sequel to DELICATE I know that you're scared because I'm so open In which famous English actress Kaia Browne... More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
ONE SHOTS!!!

epilogue

21.3K 659 2K
By ireallylikekiwis

wellllp..... here we go

im not crying. you are.

———

Los Angeles, California
Dolby Theatre

Like, a few years later

Kaia, over here!

Miss Browne! Miss Browne, give us something fun!

Kaia!

Miss Browne, give us something fun!

Kaia blinked, taking in a heavy breath. Was her standing there in a dress she could barely breathe in, trying to smile at the cameras despite her inability to see anything besides the flashing lights not fun?

She shrugged at the woman who had yelled that at her and let out a laugh, throwing out a peace sign. She had no idea what to do with her hands; the nerves were eating her alive. She should have taken that extra shot of tequila like Mica had suggested. She ended up "shooting" the photographer with finger guns.

"Is that fun?" She asked only to be bombarded by a billion more questions and demands from
these photographers. She could really only make out her name every now and then.

She looked to the right for a moment, spotting Emma who was waving her over. She let out a relieved sigh, waving goodbye to the photographers before dashing to her manager's side. 

"I think I've gone permanently blind!" Kaia muttered, following Emma. "I'm seeing bloody spots everywhere!"

"You should be used to it by now," Emma chuckled, placing her hand on Kaia's back to stop her from walking in the wrong direction.

"Well, it doesn't mean I can't complain," she responded with a little smile. "So, who am I battling first?"

Emma listed all the different interviewers she was going to have to talk to, guiding her in the direction of her first one.

"Right... Okay. Sure. And then, whoever manages to catch me and grill me with questions?"

"Right, but you can ignore some of them," Emma told her.

"Right.. right. But you'd rather I didn't."

"Well, be nice."

Kaia gasped before pouting at the older woman. "I'm always nice!"

"Kaia, dear, sometimes it's very obvious you're faking it," she told her but she looked amused as she did. "Try not to get too dry or sarcastic."

"If they ask me about my private life, I might," she muttered. Emma sighed and simply shook her head.

She greeted the interviewers and after talking about her outfit for a moment, a custom shimmering blue fringe dress, the real questions started.

"So, you're nominated tonight for your amazing role in Big Love, which is your... second nomination?"

Kaia grinned nervously and nodded. "Yes! Well, it's my first nomination as a lead actress and... gosh, I'm shaking with nerves!"

"Oh, you've got nothing to be nervous about! You were amazing in that film! I was just telling Paul here, when I watched it, I had goosebumps over my arms during that one scene..."

"The one where I'm sobbing and choking on my own tears?" Kaia asked with a small chuckle. "It was intense. Yeah.."

Kaia had woken up the next morning after filming that scene with a scratchy voice that lasted a whole week. Taylor was having the time of her life, asking her to say very dirty things and even read some of the more... sexy... scenes in a romantic novel she had been reading at the time.

"Well, congratulations on your nomination! You absolutely deserve it! How do you feel?"

"Like right now?" Kaia grimaced again. "Well, I could definitely go for a drink or two!" She laughed along with the interviewers before smiling sheepishly. "I'm terribly excited and terribly anxious and hysterical and aaaah! It's awesome just being here."

"Well, congratulations again! Who's your date tonight?"

Kaia smirked, knowing they were trying to get her to admit that Taylor was going to be joining her once the ceremony was actually going to begin.

"Oh, I'm here with my lovely manager, Emma Partridge!" She responded coolly, pointing at Emma in her blue ankle length dress. "She's even matching with me!"

"Oh, how lovely," the interviewer responded, clearly disappointed.

Kaia got to talk a little bit more about her role and what it was like to film the movie she got nominated for before moving on to the next couple of interviews.

"Taylor Swift is also going to be here tonight, for her latest movie, Amsterdam. It was an amazing job, I think. We weren't expecting that at all!"

Kaia nodded slowly as she listened to the end of that sentence and then raised an eyebrow. "Yes... is there a question anywhere in there for me?"

She could see Emma standing behind the cameras shaking her head and trying to pretend her quick wit wasn't making her laugh.

"Uh... yes. Yeah. You've collaborated together recently on two albums, one of which won a Grammy!" The woman continued, clearing her throat as she tried to get her thoughts in order. Kaia only smiled and continued to nod. "Amazing work. Can we expect another collaboration? Maybe in film this time, considering she's been dipping her toes in acting a lot recently?"

Kaia almost wanted to laugh. "I don't know. That would be fun, wouldn't it? But I don't think so. Not in the near future, at least. Sorry to disappoint."

Kaia finally walked away from the interviewers and found Anna just finishing with one of the more annoying people.

"Hi, oh my god!" Kaia sighed, hugging her warmly.

"Hi, babe! How are you feeling?" Anna squeezed her comfortingly before pulling away to take a look at her. "You look gorgeous!"

"Thank you! I can barely breathe," she laughed, taking in her friend's gown. "You look like royalty though! You think Andrew can fight me?"

Anna smirked, winking playfully. "You think Taylor can fight me?"

They burst out laughing and Kaia finally found herself relaxing a little.

"Oh my god, that's Timmy, let's say hi!" Anna waved over none other than Timothee Chalamet and they hugged him in greeting, very aware of the cameras that all suddenly pointed their way, the fans screaming louder than before.

"Hey, hello! Ça va?" He smiled at Kaia "Congratulations! You were so fucking good in Big Love!"

"Ah, merci!" Kaia squealed, hugging him again. "And you too! Congrats! I'm sure it was a struggle trying to get through scenes with Anna."

Timothee tossed his head back in laughter as Anna playfully shoved Kaia's shoulder. "Oi! Don't be rude."

"I'm your best friend. My job's to be rude to you!"

They stopped and talked to a few more of the nominees and attendees and Kaia even spent a whole twenty minutes taking quick pictures with fans and signing things for them, including CDs of Taylor's albums, usually Folklore, before finally heading inside.

Taylor was waiting for her at the entrance, away from all the cameras.

"Hi, darling!" Kaia sighed contentedly, kissing her cheek and intertwining their fingers together. "When did you get here?"

"Oh, just a few minutes ago. I snuck in before anyone could recognise me. How were the interviews?" Taylor asked, starting to walk toward their seats, following an usher.

"They all wanted to know who my date for tonight was," Kaia chuckled. "But good. Nothing I couldn't handle. Although— I could do with a drink. Desperately."

Taylor laughed softly, dropping her purse in her chair and squeezing Kaia's hand. "I'll go get us something, then. Just relax babe. It's gonna be fun!"

Kaia only hummed in response, chewing on the inside of her cheek as she sat down and crossed her legs.

"Boo!"

"AH!" Kaia jumped, turning around to smack whoever that was but when she saw Will trying really hard to stop himself from falling as he laughed, she rolled her eyes and faced forward again. "Jesus fucking christ William, why the fuck would you do that?"

"I thought it'd be fun!" He responded, beaming widely and hugging her tightly. "You nervous?"

"I'm shitting bricks, mate," she admitted, going back to chewing on her cheek.

Will clapped her shoulders, squeezing them reassuringly. "You've got this! You're up against amateurs. And Olivia Coleman. But! Everyone else's like... amateurs!"

"Margot Robbie? Viola Davis? You're calling them amateurs? Anya-Taylor Joy?"

"I mean... well, you're amazing, Kibs! You've got this! I know it!"

"Eehhh..." Kaia mumbled, running her fingers nervously through her curls.

"Hey, got us some champagne!" Taylor announced, placing a flute in Kaia's hand and kissing the top of her head. "Will! Hey! How are you?"

"Hey, Taylor. I'm good. I think I've just spooked Kaia though..." He grimaced, leaning in to greet Taylor with a quick hug before dashing away.

Taylor sat down next to Kaia and placed her hand on her lap. Kaia clung to her hand for dear life.

"I don't know why I'm so anxious. I've sat here before. I've been nominated for awards before. Hell, I've won dozens of them already!"

Taylor shrugged, caressing the back of Kaia's hand with her thumb. "Well, it's the Oscars. It won't mean anything less if you don't win, but if you do, it's a great thing. It's an amazing thing that you got nominated which— of course you did, baby. You poured everything you've got into that film."

"My therapist saw me twice as much last summer," Kaia chuckled, taking Taylor's fingers and fidgeting with them.

"Yeah, it was huge. It's a big deal, and even if you don't win, we'll celebrate anyways. But! I know you're going to win. We watched all these other movies you're up against. No one can scream like you can when you're emotional," Taylor told her.

Kaia nodded, squeezing Taylor's hand, though she couldn't exactly shake off her nerves. So, she chugged half her glass of bubbly wine. It helped a little.

The show started and while the nominees were being presented for every other category, Taylor would lean over and whisper something about someone in Kaia's ear, trying to get her to laugh.

"Oh my god, babe, Jason Sudeikis is here," Taylor whispered, very subtly pointing to their right where the actor in question was sitting, sporting a dashing tuxedo and his signature moustache.

Kaia glanced over Taylor's shoulder and nodded. "Yeah, I know. I love that he's kept his Ted Lasso stache," she chuckled, sipping from her second glass of champagne.

"Right? It looks great. But, babe, Harry Styles's also here," Taylor whispered, covering her mouth as she held back a giggle.

"Yeah...? Didn't you guys date or something?"

"Not my point. He also has a stache. Olivia Wilde's also here," Taylor continued, giggling a little louder. Kaia finally turned to her, urging her to stay quiet. They didn't need any more attention on them.

"Babe!"

"Do you think," Taylor said, before snickering and leaning in closer so she could whisper in Kaia's ear. "Do you think he grew his stache because of some cock battle with his girlfriend's ex-husband?"

Kaia looked at her wife in disbelief before snorting so loud that a few heads turned their way.

"Are they even actually dating?" Kaia whispered back, shaking with laughter.

Taylor shrugged, still giggling under her breath. "I don't know, but his rat stache actually kinda suits him."

"You are talking about Jason Sudeikis, right?" Kaia asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No, are you kidding? I would never call his stache a rat stache. His stache is a sexy stache."

Kaia rolled her eyes and scrunched her nose in distaste, glancing at the other side of the room where Harry Styles was sitting in a very bright suit and smiled amusedly. His moustache didn't look too bad.

"You wanna know what's funnier though?" Taylor whispered when Tom Hiddleston went up on stage to present another category.

"Hmm?"

"Like, at least two of my exes are here," Taylor snickered. "Probably three. I've dated my fair share of actors."

"Babe, how is that funny?" Kaia looked at her in concern.

"Because if you win this one, one of them's gonna be presenting you with the award," Taylor deadpanned and Kaia's eyes widened in realisation, staring at the stage in shock.

"That's going to be very awkward. Now, I sincerely hope I don't win!" Kaia exclaimed, putting her champagne down, and fiddling with her hands in her lap as Taylor couldn't help but laugh some more.

"And here are the nominees for best performance by an actress in a leading role!" Tom spoke into his microphone. He listed all the four other actresses before getting to Kaia's name last and he cleared his throat as he read it out. "And Kaia Browne. Big Love."

They played a scene from the movie where Kaia was screaming hysterically at her costar, Dylan. Her face was warm and when the cameras turned to film her reaction, she found herself blushing profusely and waving very awkwardly.

"The Oscar goes to... Kaia Browne, Big Love!"

Kaia's eyes practically bulged out of her skull and her first instinct was to look at Taylor to make sure she had heard it right.

Taylor's mouth was hanging open and she was clapping excitedly.

"Shit— fuck— I—" Kaia cursed, causing the blonde to laugh and pull her in for a hug.

"Oh my god, oh my god, baby!" Taylor squealed, squeezing her tighter before pulling away and surprising Kaia and possibly the whole world by kissing her deeply. "I knew it!"

Kaia's ears were ringing with everyone cheering and clapping and her own heart beating so loudly. She was completely frozen in disbelief.

Shit, this was a dream... right?

This can't be real.

"Congratulations, Kibs!" Emma exclaimed, smiling proudly. Kaia hugged her quickly as she shuffled to the stage to accept her award.

Will stopped her when she passed in front of him and he hugged her warmly, planting a kiss on her cheek.

She didn't really register what he said to her and continued to walk carefully. She was really scared she might trip.

She finally made it up the steps, one at a time, and stopped next to Tom who was clapping and actually smiling at her.

"Congratulations, Kibs," he told her, offering a hug. She was genuinely surprised and hesitated before remembering that the whole world was watching this live. She hugged him back quickly, and when he pulled away, he dropped the award in her hands and moved back so she could give her speech.

Shit, how was she supposed to start?

She searched for Taylor, finding her beaming so widely and so proudly, even her eyes were a little watery and Kaia just wanted to burst.

A few rows back Anna caught her gaze and mouthed "fuck yeah!" which made her giggle into the microphone.

"Oh, gosh... this is quite..." she laughed nervously, wiping her hand over her brow, and held the actual Oscar out in front of her, watching it glimmer. "Oh, I— god, thank you. Thank you to the Academy for even considering me worthy of a nomination, let alone actually let me stand here and accept this award..."

Her voice cracked and she laughed at herself, trying to calm down but she was so ecstatic and so jittery and emotional that she was bouncing in her heels.

"I did write a speech... just in case. But I can't think straight, and I think I might be a little tipsy and this is just absolutely surreal. I— I'd like to thank so many people and— I'm sure I'm going to forget a few but whenever I see you next, I promise I'm going to give you the biggest hug. Thank you to the Academy again. And I wanna thank the amazing Evelyn Nicks, without whom this film wouldn't have even existed. Thank you to the wonderful cast, Dylan, Phoebe, Daisy, thank you! You can only imagine how truly amazing it was to work alongside these amazing actors every single day last year. And to be in the same category as all these amazing actors, I— I mean, Olivia Coleman, I love you so much. This is not how this was supposed to go! I've looked up to you my whole life and I think you're a legend and I love you very very much!"

Kaia realised she was rambling, but she couldn't stop. She glanced momentarily at the crowd, spotting Olivia Coleman who was laughing and even she looked proud and Kaia was on the brink of bursting into tears.

"I love you all. Thank you. Uhm, Emma. I sincerely thank you for taking me on and putting up with me for all these years and always making sure I still have a job," Kaia grinned cheekily, chuckling softly. "And— Mica, twelve years ago, when I had gotten my first real gig. You made me promise to thank you when I won my first Oscar, and I said it was never going to happen. I won't be too mad when you say I told you so."

Kaia closed her eyes and sniffled, trying to get her thoughts in order but it was impossible with everyone in the crowd laughing and cheering her on. All these big actors and directors and film people, all of them cheering her on.

"And to my family. My sister, Layla. Mum and dad, thank you. Thank you for everything. And thank you to my biggest support, my wonderful wife and best friend in the whole world. I love you! I love you all, gosh, thank you! Ah! Sandra Oh, I bloody love you!"

And with that, she turned and left the stage, her head swimming. By the time she had made it backstage, she had absolutely no recollection of what had happened besides almost breaking down into tears and having a word vomit in front of a live audience.

An usher handed her a glass of champagne and congratulated her but Kaia's ears were still ringing and she only managed to smile. She thought she thanked him, but she wasn't sure.

In the few minutes that she was given to take a breath and try and relax, Emma came to find her and she didn't look as excited as she had a moment earlier.

Kaia raised her eyebrows in concern. "What? Did they fuck up? Was this supposed to go to Olivia Coleman after all?"

Emma laughed under her breath and shook her head. "No, you won. You definitely won... everyone's going crazy though."

"I'm going crazy! I still can't believe this is happening!" She exclaimed, holding out the award in Emma's face. "It's real!" She whispered, scared she might spook the award away.

"Kaia... you realise what you said up there, right?"

Kaia frowned, slowly shaking her head. "Uh... I kinda blacked out."

"Jesus Christ." Emma swore under her breath before smiling reassuringly at her. "It's okay. It's not a big deal."

"No... no. Shit, what did I say? It's obviously a big deal," Kaia started, panic gripping her tightly. "Emma... Emma, did I shove my foot in my mouth?"

"Uhm, well... it was sweet. All of it. It was really sweet actually!" Emma started, smiling sincerely. "But then, well you thanked Taylor."

"We've thanked each other publicly before!" Kaia frowned deeper, glancing at the Oscar in her hand before meeting Emma's gaze again. "What... what did I say?"

Emma scratched the back of her neck awkwardly.

"Miss Browne, they're ready for you in the photo room," the usher said and Emma patted her shoulders, urging her to start walking. They rushed down a long hall and were escorted out to the adjoining venue where Kaia was going to take pictures with her new award.

"Emma, what did I say?" She insisted, a vague memory starting to fog her thoughts.

"Well, you sort of said, well... something along the lines of, 'my biggest support, my best friend and wonderful wife, I love you.'"

Kaia blinked at her manager before her mouth dropped in shock. She didn't have an answer to that.

"I said— I said wife?" She whispered and Emma nodded. "I— not Taylor? Or... or partner? Or... love of my life?"

"Wife. Yes... you said— that's what you said. Wife."

Kaia opened her mouth to respond but no words came out. She did it again twice before sighing in defeat. "Well... fuck."

"It's okay. It's okay! We have damage control strategies for a reason! We can fix this," Emma started, her phone already out.

"Uhm... well, I've got to talk to Taylor first— I— she's still in there?" Kaia asked, pointing behind her, though she wasn't sure where that room she was just in even was anymore.

"Yes, I think so. She's supposed to meet you at the after party, right?"

Kaia nodded, pushing her hair out of her face. It was suddenly way too warm and her skin was prickling.

"All right, Miss Browne, if you could stand right there in the middle, please?"

She looked up confusedly at the voice before realising she had made it to the room with all the cameras.

She slowly moved to her spot and followed the photographers' instructions as they snapped one picture after the other of herself and the award.

"Perfect! Thank you, Kaia! Congratulations on your win!"

"Thank you!" She said, clearing her throat as she was rushed out of that room and toward another one where an interview was going to be held.

"Okay, prepare for the worst," Emma murmured in her ear. "They're going to ask about the bomb you just dropped and they won't let it go until you give them an actual answer."

"I— I can't—" Kaia turned around, her voice quivering in fear. "I fucked up. Taylor— she... I can't say anything without discussing this with her first. I already accidentally fucked up, I don't want to make this worse for her."

Emma looked inside the room Kaia was supposed to go to next and back to the young actress, grimacing lightly. "Well, you don't have time. You have to be in there in less than 30 seconds and out of there in five minutes. So you have to decide now."

"I can't just say, yes, I'm married!"

"You can't say no, either. You called her your wife. Everyone heard it," Emma deadpanned.

"Shit," Kaia muttered, chewing on the skin around the nail on her thumb.

"You can do the rude thing and ask them to move on to the next question," Emma suggested but Kaia shook her head.

"No, I— shit!"

"Miss Browne? They're ready for you. You have to be quick."

"Good luck!" Emma called out after her as she walked inside and stood in front of the microphone.

"First of all, huge congratulations, Kaia! We'll start with 204."

A man cleared his throat into his microphone and introduced himself. It took Kaia a moment to locate him and she smiled sheepishly, waving her hand.

"Congratulations again, Kaia. A well-deserved win!"

"Thank you! Thank you so much!" She breathed out into the microphone, gripping her award in both hands.

"You looked quite— surprised, back there. Was any of your speech rehearsed?"

She scrunched her nose and shook her head. "I had a speech rehearsed. It wasn't the one I gave, I don't think," she responded with a small chuckle. She wasn't going to admit to completely blocking out everything she had said back there.

"115."

"Hi! Joe Whitehall. The Independent. Were you expecting that win at all?"

"God, no! Never in a million years would I have ever believed this could ever happen. I'm still having a hard time believing that it did!" She admitted, glancing at her award and back toward Whitehall.

"Well, how are you feeling?"

"I— I don't know," she giggled nervously. "I— ask me again in a few weeks. It's going to take me a while to process this!"

"154."

"Miss Browne. In your speech, it was quite touching. You thanked your family and your good friend Mica Langford. You also thanked your best friend and... wife. Is that correct?"

Kaia pulled her bottom lip between her teeth and nodded. The wedding band on her right hand suddenly felt very cold and her ring finger on her left hand felt very naked. "Yes... yes. I believe I did say that, didn't I?"

"So, you are married?"

Kaia glanced down at her ring, still nodding along. "Uh-huh. Thank you for your question," she responded rather dismissively and looked somewhere else hopefully for another question.

"196."

"Kaia, was it difficult getting into character? You played a tormented young woman who goes through a lot of hard and painful experiences. What was it like?"

Kaia was relieved to hear a real question, she hoped she hid her reaction well though. "Yes. It was hard, sure. But it was also a little fun, and definitely exciting! You know, when you've got a script that's so well written and a director that's got a clear vision of how a scene should go and how to communicate that with you so well, and a cast that's quite organic, good chemistry, it doesn't take too much effort to get the hard scenes. In fact, it was the simpler scenes that were a lot harder to film and surprisingly took more takes."

The next few questions were thankfully more about her work and the award itself and she was more than happy to ramble on and on about them.

"We've only got time for one more question We'll go with 78 and we'll be done."

"Hi! Kaia, over here."

"Oh! Hi! Hello, how are you?" She smiled at the woman who was talking to her, much more relaxed now.

"So, you're in quite a different place in your life today than you were when you first started out."

"Yeah, for starters, I turn thirty this year!" She replied with a playful grimace. "I'm no longer young and sweet, only seventeen, dancing queen..."

She earned a round of laughter from the interviewers. She grinned sheepishly at the woman who was originally addressing her and held out her hand apologetically. "Sorry. Please, go on."

"Well, yes. You're older now—"

"Taller too!" Kaia interrupted again with a laugh. "I've actually grown like an inch in my twenties. I was taken by surprise the other day— ah, sorry again! I know we're running out of time! I'll... I'll shut up."

The woman still laughed amusedly. "Older and taller, and more experienced I guess in acting, in life, in songwriting— you have a Grammy and an Oscar now. You've been in a very committed relationship for most of your adulthood now... would you say you're in a better place in your life? Are you— I mean, you look happy."

Kaia furrowed her eyebrows, taken aback by that question. She glanced down at her hand, her wedding band clinking softly against the award and when she looked up, she smiled at the reporter and laughed softly.

"Yeah... actually. There have been some drastic changes in my life. Whether it was some amazing career opportunities, like starring in a Marvel film or winning an Academy award, uhm, losing a parent, meeting my partner... it's been quite a ride. And I can honestly say that... yes. Absolutely. I am definitely in a much better place. I started my career having panic attacks every other day and recovering from an eating disorder. I had no idea where I was going to end up, but drama school Kaia never thought it would be this... not dark? Honestly, I'm just having the time of my life these days. I've learnt to appreciate the smaller things. Like, sitting at the piano drunk and messing around until you end up writing a song worthy of a Grammy with your partner! Insane, isn't it?"

Kaia found herself laughing softly. "Yes. I'm very happy. Thank you, everyone. Have a lovely evening!"

She rushed outside as another winner was ushered into the room with the reporters after her, following Emma and the man who had been guiding her around this whole time.

"Now what?" Kaia asked, itching to grab her phone and open Twitter to see what everyone was saying but she resisted the urge. It wasn't going to do her any good.

"Well, the show's almost over. They've only got one more category to announce. So, you can get your name on that statue and then you can head straight to the afterparty if you want to," Emma told her. "I've got to go. I'll need to start working on damage control as well. I'm sure Tree Paine's fuming right now. The shit we've had to do to keep your marriage under wraps."

Kaia winced, wrapping her arms around herself. "Sorry..."

"It's okay," Emma chuckled softly, squeezing Kaia's arm reassuringly. "The most important thing is... how are you feeling?"

"Surprisingly... I'm fine with it. I— I don't know about Tay. But, I'm okay. It's been three years. According to the media, we've been engaged every other month since 2019. I can't believe I'm the one who leaked the confirmation, but... I can't do anything about it now."

Emma nodded, reaching over and hugging Kaia tightly. "I'm so proud of you, Kibs."

"Aw... Em..." she whispered, swallowing a lump in her throat as she hugged her manager back tightly. "Thank you!"

"Have a great night, love. Just don't drink too much!" She chuckled, giving her one last squeeze before leaving.

Kaia found her way to the little booth where they were getting the winners' names engraved on their awards and the whole time she was jumping on her toes excitedly. There was some influencer in the room filming the whole thing but she didn't care. She even waved at the camera and made small talk with the guy. She wasn't sure what his name was and she was too embarrassed to ask while he was still recording.

Finally, she got to head to the party, the room already full with actors and other famous people, the music loud and the alcohol plenty.

She found her table and finally pulled her phone out of her clutch to text Taylor.

Kibbles💗: im at the party! u on ur way? x

Lapinou💗: Yes, I need like five minutes! Get me a mojito? 🙏

Kibbles💗: OMG drunk taylor the sequel? :O

Lapinou💗: 😾😾😾 jUST GET US DRINKS IM ALMOST THERE

Kibbles💗: yessir 😳 🫡

Lapinou💗: love u 😚😚

Kaia smiled and swiped her thumb over the screen to exit the app but instead of locking her phone, she remained seated and brought down the search bar. She never had any of the social media apps saved on her home screen and they were all limited to an hour a day. Taylor was the only one who knew the password, and it was the same for her. It helped them avoid getting too wrapped up in what everyone around them was saying.

But Kaia couldn't help herself this time. She typed in "Twitter" and as the app refreshed, tweets started flooding in on her timeline with pictures of herself getting her award, pictures of Taylor kissing her, and many, many, many clips of her saying the word "my wife."

Shit.

She was even trending. Her name, the word WIFE, and TAIA. Everyone was talking about it.

She clicked on one of the first tweets that had tens of thousands of retweets already, pinching her bottom lip anxiously as she watched herself thank her biggest support, wonderful wife and best friend in the whole world.

"Christ, I really did say that," she muttered, scrolling through the comments. People were going insane. There were more incoherent keyboard smashes and reaction gifs than actual words being typed.

Cami (Taylor's Version)
@txylahswiff_
replying to @oscars2023

I KNEW IT I FUCKING KNEW IT AJSJAJSJSJSKSKS

maia saw taylor
@swiftiebot
replying to @oscars2023

WHAT THE FUCK WHEN DID THEY GET MARRIED

.
@taylenaclips
replying to @oscars2023

SHUT UP THIS CANT BE REAL OMG

Zo
@kaiasrep89

STOP I NEED PICTURES. THEYVE BEEN MARRIED THIS WHOLE TIME????? wont believe it till we see proof 😤 👀

🌙
@taiasupremacy

I KNEW IT. THESE WERE SO OBVIOUSLY ENGAGEMENT RINGS OH MY GOD

There were pictures posted along with that tweet of Taylor at one of her secret sessions from a few years ago with her engagement ring on the opposite hand, and one of Kaia's hands zoomed in on the rings she was wearing with her engagement ring on the index finger rather than the ring finger.

There was another response to that tweet, pictures of Taylor and Kaia's matching wedding bands, never worn in pictures on their ring fingers. But it was clear now. They weren't even trying to be subtle about it. The rumours had always been circulating.

Kaia still couldn't believe she was the one to confirm them.

Suddenly, a hand was covering her screen and the phone was being ripped out of her hands.

"All right. That's enough of that."

She looked up to find Taylor slipping the phone into her own purse.

"Oh— hi— sorry! I... I didn't get us drinks. I'm gonna..." Kaia got up, pointing toward the bar but Taylor stopped her, holding her by the shoulders.

"Hey, hey, it's fine. We'll go together," she told her, intertwining their fingers.

"Okay..." Kaia murmured, clearing her throat while avoiding Taylor's gaze. Her eyes kept wandering down to their entwined fingers, watching Taylor's ring reflect the lights in the room. "I'm sorry," she blurted out. "I seriously fucked up. I'm so sorry..."

"You did not!" Taylor said, shaking her head.

"I did! I had no idea what I was even saying up there, I was just word-vomiting. I hadn't even realised I'd done it until Emma told me backstage. I don't know why I even said that! I could have just said thank you, Taylor. But now everyone knows and we're literally trending worldwide and everyone's picking at the smallest details in our lives for any evidence, even more than usual—"

Taylor had been nodding along the whole time but eventually, she laughed and squished Kaia's cheeks between her hands. "Babe, stop talking."

Kaia closed her mouth, her face growing hotter. "I— sorry. I'm word-vomiting right now, aren't I? I'm sorry..."

"And stop apologising!" Taylor huffed, dropping her hands to the brunette's waist. "It's not the end of the world!"

"We're literally going to be on every newspaper and every magazine and Twitter post and online article and Instagram post and fucking TikTok for the next century and it's because I fucking leaked our own biggest secret!"

"It's not the end of the world," Taylor repeated with a soft laugh. "I've got a bunch of new things coming out soon. So, it's good press."

"As if you need it," Kaia muttered and Taylor only continued to giggle, knowing she was right.

"Well, it doesn't matter anymore. Everyone knows and denying it would be stupid. We'll just have to deal with it. At least now, I can finally post my favourite picture from our wedding!"

Kaia's eyes widened and she held up a threatening finger. "Don't you dare!"

Kaia knew exactly what picture it was. Taylor had it in a frame on her nightstand and Kaia had to look at it every single night before they went to sleep and every morning when she first woke up. It was just a picture of her with cake all over her face, taken from a very unflattering angle thanks to Mica handing one of his cameras to Blake's eldest daughter. It was a masterpiece, really. Taylor thanked James Reynolds every time she saw her for that picture.

"How are you so calm about all of this?" Kaia asked as Taylor grinned widely.

"Honestly?" She shrugged, pulling Kaia in closer and cupping her cheek with one hand. "It felt fucking amazing to have you thank me like that in front of the whole world. Because I am your wife. I'm also your partner and your best friend, but I'm your wife too and I'm so proud to call myself that. I don't think you even realise how happy it made me feel to hear you say it out loud. I'm sure they caught my reaction though."

Kaia made a mental note to search for it later. It wouldn't be too hard.

She hugged Taylor close, burying her face in her neck and sighing heavily. "I'm so in love with you."

"I love you too, honey," Taylor chuckled softly, kissing Kaia's temple and hugging her back just as tightly. "And I am so fucking proud of you!"

"Thank you," Kaia mumbled, gently scratching Taylor's shoulder.

The singer hummed softly in response and beamed, tipping Kaia's face toward hers to press their lips together ever so lightly.

"Kiss me like you mean it," Kaia breathed out.

Taylor looked away, smiling coyly. Kaia rolled her eyes, knowing just how to tease her right back. She sighed heavily and started walking away only for Taylor to grab her hand and pull her right back into her arms. She kissed her again, holding her face in one hand and the small of her back with the other one, and Kaia's smile returned, kissing her back just as deeply.

"THERE SHE IS!"

Kaia pulled away immediately, scared for her life as a pair of hands fell on her shoulders.

"Shit— Andrew?" Kaia exclaimed, surprised to see him doing this shit instead of his wife who was walking a few feet behind him, nursing a cocktail and a smirk. She expected this shit from Anna and Will, maybe Emilia sometimes. But never Andrew.

"Kaia Browne, Oscar winner!" He shouted, pulling her in for a hug.

"I— yeah, that's me!" She laughed, the words still sounding surreal to hear.

"Congratulations, babe," Anna shrieked, embracing her next, squeezing the life out of her. "How do you feel?"

"Like a bloody Oscar winner!"

They sat and chatted for another few minutes before Taylor decided she absolutely needed a drink. They walked hand in hand toward the bar and ordered a mojito for Taylor and a gin basil for Kaia. While they waited for their drinks, Kaia sat down on one of the stools and pulled Taylor toward her so she was standing between her and the bar.

"Thank you for being here with me tonight," Kaia murmured, kissing Taylor's cheek.

"Well, they did send me an invitation," Taylor shot back cheekily.

"All right, then, get away from me," she joked, pushing her away.

Taylor laughed, taking another step back, only to walk right into another body.

"Oh, sh— I'm sorry!" She turned around to apologise while Kaia sniggered.

"No worries," the man responded, smiling kindly at them only for his eyes to widen when he realised who had bumped into him. "Oh— Taylor, hi!"

Taylor glanced back at Kaia for a split second, panicking. "Tom! Hey! How... how's it going?"

"It's going great, actually, yeah!" He responded, his face splitting into a genuine smile. "And I see you're doing well, too..."

"Right, yeah... yes! Actually, yeah, it's really good," Taylor chuckled.

"Your drinks," the bartender interrupted, sliding the two glasses over to Kaia's side.

"I don't believe you've met my wife," Tom said, wrapping his arm around the woman who was sitting next to him, busy talking to someone else until Tom had touched her.

"Hm?" She looked up in confusion until she saw Kaia and Taylor. "Oh— oh, hey! Congratulations on your win!"

She extended her hand toward Kaia first, shaking it warmly.

"Thank you," Kaia replied, sending her a smile. "I caught your show a few years back. At the Old Vic. It was amazing! It's really lovely to meet you."

"The Old Vic? That must have been like, five years ago!" Zawe laughed, turning to Taylor next. "It's nice to meet you!"

"You too," Taylor nodded. "Congratulations," she smiled at Tom, patting his shoulder.

"I'll let you guys catch up! I'm going to head to the ladies' room."

The three of them watched as she walked away. Kaia grabbed her drink as silence washed over them, taking a very big sip.

"She seems really nice," Taylor said, twisting the straw around.

"Yeah, she's amazing. She's... everything, really," Tom chuckled, swirling the ice cubes around in his tumbler.

"I feel like I owe you an apology," Kaia blurted out with a slight grimace.

"Whatever for?" Tom asked with his head tilted to the side.

"Well... for how things went down all those years ago," Kaia explained, pointing at Taylor. "She broke your heart because of me."

Taylor swatted Kaia's hand away, shaking her head. "No, that was all me. I was kind of an asshole for leading you on for so long."

"Seriously?" Tom laughed, shaking his head at them. "I'm married, I've got the most amazing baby at home. I don't think I've ever been happier. And you guys are perfect for each other. I'm really happy for you both. Things worked out exactly the way they were supposed to."

"Still," Taylor sighed. "I could have been nicer."

"It's all in the past," he replied, shrugging his shoulders.

"I'm really glad to see you this happy," Taylor told him. "Seriously. You deserve it."

"Yes. Well, it's what you told me that night at that hotel bar, right? That I'll find someone right for me, and I suppose you were right all along," Tom chuckled, squeezing Taylor's hand.

"Things did work out for the best, didn't they?" Kaia noted, smiling widely at her wife.

"Yes! And you two are married now?" Tom raised his eyebrows. "How long has it been?"

"Almost four years," Taylor responded, leaning into Kaia's side. She wrapped her arms around the blonde's waist, leaning her chin over her shoulder, smiling amusedly.

"Wow— are you serious? And you've kept it a secret this whole time?"

"Pretty much," Taylor confirmed with a nod. "And she just accidentally confirmed it to the whole world!" She teased Kaia, nudging her side playfully.

"I'm blaming you for getting me drunk on champagne," Kaia joked before turning to Tom with a sheepish smile. "Tom, I do sincerely apologise though. We were friends and I totally disregarded that without a second thought just so I could get in her pants."

Tom burst out laughing as Taylor hid her face in Kaia's hair in embarrassment. "You were in love, I don't blame you," he reassured her with a slight chuckle. "I never did blame you. You two together made a lot more sense than we ever did, anyway. We're okay."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah!"

Tom congratulated them again on their marriage and Kaia on her win before they parted ways and the girls made their way back to their friends, now joined by Millie and Will.

"Mills, you're here!" Kaia exclaimed, hugging her friend tightly.

"AND YOU! YOU BLOODY OSCAR WINNER!"

"AAAAH! I KNOW!"

They all sat down together to have a drink and a chat until they were properly buzzed. No— wait, that was a phone buzzing.

Taylor found her purse and rummaged through it until she found her phone. "Oh, it's Mica. He left like a billion messages."

"Oh? He's in Saint Tropez, though? Call him back!" Kaia responded, snatching the phone from Taylor's hands and video calling Mica.

As soon as his pixelated face appeared on the screen, Kaia grinned and greeted him with a very loud squeal and everyone around her joined in.

Mica winced, taking one of his earphones out and rubbing his ear. "Why the fuck would you do that?"

"It's fun and I miss you!"

"Well, I haven't slept yet because we were streaming the whole show and YOU FUCKING WON?"

Kaia gasped playfully. "Bitch, why do you sound so surprised?"

Mica and Taylor burst out laughing and the blonde reached over and pinched Kaia's cheek. "Our Kibbie won!" Taylor exclaimed, pulling Kaia's face towards her lips and leaving a kiss on her cheek that was sure to leave a lipstick stain.

Across the table, Millie, Anna, Andrew, and Will all raised their drinks and shouted in cheers. "AYYYE!"

Kaia blushed deeply and hid her face behind Taylor's shoulder.

"Oh, don't try and act all shy and bashful now!" Anna called her out from across the table.

"Yeah... you're going to be rubbing it in our faces and acting all cocky about it tomorrow. We know you," Emilia added, clinking her glass with Anna's and they both chugged the rest of their drinks.

"Anyway," Kaia said, rolling her eyes and ignoring their comments, and turned her attention back to Mica on the phone. "How are you doing? Can you hear us?"

"I can hear you just fine! Actually, I'm going to go deaf from the music in the background. And I've got a hangover and I've barely slept in the past three days but it's been bloody amazing!" He exclaimed, flopping down on his back. Right there behind him was Charlie. He looked like he was sleeping until Mica had dropped his head on his shoulder and he woke up startled. "Pst, congratulate Kibs!"

Mica's boyfriend glared at him, mumbling sleepily before turning to lay on his other side.

"He's obviously not a morning person," Mica chuckled, playfully ruffling Charlie's hair. "I think I'm going to go pass out as well. Love you guys! Enjoy your party! Send me pictures!"

Kaia sent him a flying kiss before he hung up the phone.

"I'm so happy for him," Taylor said, wrapping her arms around Kaia's and leaning against her shoulder.

"He's literally living his best life right now," Kaia chuckled. "It's like a novel type of romance. When does your first crush ever move into the apartment across from yours?"

"I think I've read that book before," Taylor said jokingly.

They spent the rest of the night drinking and dancing and laughing until their legs stopped working and decided to go home. As soon as they stepped outside, Taylor and Kaia were cornered by photographers, hoping to get a picture of them as an officially married couple. Kaia held Taylor's hand tightly and followed Greg to the SUV.

The car ride home was quiet and their nighttime routine even more so, but it was comforting. As Kaia crawled under the bed sheets and rolled onto her side to watch Taylor as she combed her hair, she smiled widely at the blonde.

Taylor dropped the hairbrush on the vanity desk and jumped into bed right next to Kaia after turning off the lights. She threw her leg over Kaia's and her arms over her belly as her head came to rest on her chest, listening to her steady heartbeat.

"I'm so proud of you," Taylor whispered, reaching up to caress her face.

Kaia grabbed Taylor's hand instead and kissed her palm then the inside of her wrist. "Merci, Lapinou."

Taylor smiled widely at the nickname, leaning up so she could catch Kaia's lips in a sweet kiss before resting her head back against her chest. Kaia's fingers found her long hair and started combing through them gently.

"Kibbie?" Taylor murmured softly some time later, tracing hearts with her fingers along Kaia's hip.

"Yes?"

"Are you happy?" she asked, her voice just barely above a whisper. "It's just— I mean, we've been together for seven years, almost. Married for three. And, I mean, things are really easy these days. But... are you happy... with me, I mean?"

Kaia's hand stopped combing through Taylor's hair, tilting her face up instead so she could meet her gaze. "I am so damn happy, baby," Kaia responded softly. "Every day I spend with you, no matter how hard or easy it is, at the end of the day, we're sitting in bed just like this, more or less, and that's all I really need to be happy. Just you."

Taylor smiled, searching for Kaia's hand and lacing their fingers together. "Me too," she said. "I've never been happier than when I'm sitting on you like this."

Kaia grinned, pushing her fingers into Taylor's side playfully. "You can sit on me any time you like."

"I know. You don't really have much of a choice."

Kaia rolled her eyes, pushing Taylor off jokingly. "Don't I?"

Taylor rolled back on top of her so they were laying chest to chest and shook her head. "Nope. You don't."

Kaia flipped them around, hovering over Taylor who was beaming up at her. "What are you going to do now, then?"

Taylor pretended to think about it for a second before wrapping her arms around Kaia's shoulders and kissing her deeply.

Kaia melted into her, smiling against her lips as she kissed her back.

"I like it when you top, so I'm not complaining," Taylor said when she pulled away, earning a laugh from Kaia and another soft kiss.

"Do you know how much I love you?" Kaia murmured, brushing Taylor's bangs out of the way.

"Not as much as I love you."

Kaia shook her head. "Probably more."

"Lies!"

"Sure, darling. If it helps you sleep at night!"

"You help me sleep at night," Taylor shot back, making Kaia smile. She finally settled down next to her again, slipping behind Taylor and spooning her with their bare legs tangled together under the sheets.

"I won't be much help next year," Kaia told her with a little chuckle. "If all goes well on Monday."

Taylor pulled Kaia's arm between hers, hugging it as they cuddled. "It will. This time next year, we're going to be fighting over who gets to change Kibbles Junior."

"Nu-uh. That's all you," Kaia shook her head, scrunching her nose at the thought of a poopy diaper. "I'll deal with all the sleepless nights if you deal with Tibbles Junior's diapers."

"No way. You know you can't function on no sleep. Meanwhile, I thrive on coffee and all nighters. The diapers are all yours!" Taylor shot back.

"You know what? What if your mother moved in with us next year? You know. Just until Kibbles or Tibbles Junior is potty trained," Kaia suggested making Taylor chuckle.

"So she could deal with the diapers?"

"Exactly! You get it," Kaia grinned, leaving a wet kiss on Taylor's cheek. "This is why I married you."

"So that my mom could change our future children's diapers?"

"Yep, no other reason!"

"You're crazy if you think she's not going to be with us every day, anyway," Taylor chuckled.

"Here's a crazy thought, though," Kaia started. "What if our surrogate ends up carrying a Tibbles and a Kibbles Junior to term?"

"Then, we'll both have to deal with a poopy diaper each," Taylor scrunched her nose.

"Well, like I promised you in my vows. I'd clean up shit with you for the rest of my life if I had to," Kaia told her, nuzzling her neck.

Taylor laughed hard, entwining their fingers together and squeezing her hand. Kaia squeezed back three times, peppering soft kisses along Taylor's skin.

"I love you, darling."

"I love you too, Kibs."

——————

okay so..... this is a very bittersweet ending. i am definitely not ready for this story to end. Honestly, ive mo idea what im gonna do when i dont have to update every wednesday and sunday anymore omg

on a happier note though, i HAVE started writing the one shots. ive got i think 3 chapters down so far (one of them is a social media one) and im gonna be adding a lot of social media chapters. i know you guys enjoy yhem and i seriously enjoy writing them a lot. and on an even HAPPIER note i will not attempt to make crappy edits, ironically or otherwise! so itll be good LMAOOO
i have lots of ideas and if u have any more pls dont hesitate to comment them or send them to me!

Also if u guys wanna have a tiny QA with the characters from this book you can also comment questions and the characters can like "answer" them or something. or if you have any interesting questions to discuss with me and the other readers as well, the table's open!

seriously, like my dms are always open and ill always check the comment sections and anything posted on my account!

and lastly, i just wanna say a massive thank you to everyone. everyone who's been reading this story since the prologue of Delicate and those who have been commenting every step of the way i feel like we've become best friends now!! no joke. we ARE besties. yall cant take it back. weve bonded. ive tortured yall enough to hate me but ur also my besties and i love you all so much.

seriously, i cant thank you guys enoigh for the unbelievable support youve shown me, my writing and this book. i wouldnt have been able to make it this far without you guys.

just... thank you. im getting super emotional right now over this LMAOOO im trying not to sob.

I really hope you enjoyed this journey as much as i did. It seriously was a blast.

Thank you.

Until we meet again! ~ your friendly neighbourhood author, Lou<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 664 22
Every Taylor Swift album's lives together, they may have differences but will they find their happiness in all this mess ? This story will be mainly...
7.1K 367 15
Set in the 90s. Taylor Swift, a seductress and superstar, our tragic hero, hides her identity in order to please her management, parents and the publ...
72.7K 2K 25
After two years, I'm finally bringing this book back so message me for any requests you have! 🥰 Creating a separate book for all of my "You have a c...
163K 2.5K 39
category markers:)⤵️ ⚠️ - sensitive topics 💕 - fluff ❗️ - sexual/smut ‼️ - aggressive smut? (i really dk what to label it) 💔 - sad pretty self expl...