THE DREAM || FORMULA 1 (C)

By hamiltonbby

In which, a dream that Leah Hamilton has had ever since she was a kid becomes a reality.. More

[00]
[01]
[02]
[03]
[04]
[05]
[07]
[08]
[09]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[note]
[Extra 1]
[Extra 2]
[Extra 3]

[06]

3.2K 63 4
By hamiltonbby

( instagram ! )

@leahhamilton

Liked by lewishamilton, landonorris and 4,137,836 others
leahhamilton: it's been 10 years without you, I miss you more and more everyday. I hope I'm making you proud, I miss you so so much. Keep flying high, I love you mama❤️🕊
comments have been disabled

( real life ! )

Leah had been feeling unwell all weekend, but as she had been cleared by the doctors she was still going to race. Even though everyone could tell she hasn't been herself this all weekend.

She had also been thinking about all of the negative comments and even worst comments said about her.

The young Hamilton knows she has to just ignore the comments but it does hit her hard some days, and it's one of the those days today.

It was also the day 10 years ago today her mother passed away. It was really going to be a very hard race for her.

Being unwell, reading negative comments and missing her mother. It wasn't looking good for Leah as the race was starting in less than 15 minutes..

"LeLe, you okay?" Lando asked his teammate, he didn't get an answer as the girl ran into her drivers room and locked the door.

"Lando, leave her for a few minutes then you can go and check up on her. She has a lot on her mind right now" Zak told him.

"Le, c'mon I've left you here in your own for a a bit. But we have to get to the anthem in a few minutes" Lando said softly, his heart breaking hearing the cries of his teammate.

Leah unlocked the door and Lando pulled her into a tight hug. "You really shouldn't be racing Le" He whispered to her.

"I haven't got a choice, if I don't race people will be like told you f1 isn't for women. I've got cleared by the doctors also" Leah mumbled.

"You have been reading comments again? Le, what have I told you about this?" Lando told her as the young girl looked down.

"They are right though Lan! I don't belong here, I can't do it" Leah said as she sat down on the floor and buried her head in her arms.

"Leah, don't talk like this. You deserve to be in this sport, you shouldn't be listening to all them comments" Lando said and kneeled down next to her.

"I miss mum so much" Leah whispered. "She's looking down and being very proud of you, c'mon we have to get to the anthems" Lando said and pulled her up.

"I'm sorry you have to see me like this, it's just one of those days" Leah mumbled. "It's okay Le, everyone has them days" Lando replied as they walked out the garage.

The both Mclaren drivers got the anthem and Leah stood by her father. Lewis could see the red around his daughter's eyes.

"You really shouldn't be racing" Lewis told her. "The doctors have cleared me, I can't do anything about it" Leah replied.

"It's a hard day for you as it is Le, you being ill and reading through all the comments" Lewis said. "How do you know I've been rea—-" Leah started.

"—I know you Le, you do it all the time and you need to stop reading and just ignore them" Lewis said softly and kissed her forehead.

Leah leaned her head on his shoulder. After the anthem was done, Lewis pulled Leah into tight a hug before they started making their way to the garage.

"Dad, I can't do this today—I've got a bad feeling something is going to happen—I can't do it" Leah mumbled.

"Le, calm down. You are going to have a panic attack otherwise. You can do this, but we both know you really shouldn't be racing in the first place" Lewis said as he had kneeled down by Leah.

"Awh sweetheart, what's wrong?" SUSIE WOLFF asked as she saw the father and daughter duo.

Leah shook her head and buried her head in her hands once again. "Le, you really can't race like this" Susie said softly.

"I'm going to go talk with Mclaren now, I'm not letting her race" Lewis said. "You go do that, I'll take Le to the garage" Susie replied.

Lewis kissed Leah's forehead while he went to the Mclaren garage. "Let's get you to the garage, yeah?" Susie said as she pulled Leah to her feet.

Toto and George had worried faces on when they saw the young Hamilton walk into the garage. "What's wrong?" Toto asked.

"She's just can't race like this, she is worrying and has a lot on her mind" Susie said as Leah looked to the ground once again.

George pulled the girl into a tight hug. "Just one of those days, eh?" He whispered as Leah nodded and went back into Susie's arms.

"Mclaren didn't want her to race today either" Lewis said as he walked into the garage. "Have they announced it now?" Toto asked.

"Sky Sports have, seems like some people are happy and hope I don't race ever again" Leah said as she ran to Lewis's drivers room.

Lewis sighed and looked down as Leah ran away. "I'll go and talk to her, you lot have a race to concentrate on" Susie said.

( twitter ! )

Sky Sports F1 | @SkySportsF1 10m
Mclaren have announced only 5 minutes before lights out that Leah Hamilton won't be participating in the race. We don't know the reason, but this whole weekend everyone has seen that Leah hasn't been herself.

4.5k retweets | 32.8k likes | 5.3k replies
show replies

username | @username 5m
Hope Le okay!! This isn't like her :(
|
|
username | @username 4m
This is why women don't belong in motorsport!
|
|
username | @username • 3m
Shut the hell up! It's the anniversary of her mother passing away, have some respect of that!
show replies

username | @username 2m
Don't let her race again!
|
|
username | @username 1m
Agree! Women don't belong in this sport!!
show replies

username | @username9m
It's only one race Le isn't racing in and she's has a good reason not to race! 1. She's been very unwell all weekend with something, doctors have cleared her to race but you can see how much she has been struggling! 2. It's the 10 year anniversary since her mother passed away! Fucking hell, give her a break with all the hate!!
1.2k replies | 2.9k retweets | 21.9k likes

( instagram ! )

@leahhamilton

Liked by skysportsf1, neymarjr and 3,428,926 others
leahhamilton: I think everyone could tell I haven't been myself this whole weekend. I've been unwell, but I was allowed to race as I was cleared by the doctors. As you guys know it's been 10 years since I've lost my mother and I just couldn't stop thinking about her. I just miss her so so much.

Look, it's okay that you don't like me as I'm a female in formula 1 but it doesn't mean you should be leaving all hurtful and just awful comments on my social media. I have a habit of reading them and I know I shouldn't and I've been told multiple times to ignore them. I try to ignore all them but it does get to you and it got to me..

It was my emotions that got over me this weekend, I'm sorry to the team and everyone else supporting me this weekend.

I'll see you all soon🤍
comments have been disabled

( real life ! )

After the race, the subject of Leah not racing was one of the main topic for the drivers and team principals were asked about. 

Lewis Hamilton:
"I couldn't let her race like that, she shouldn't of been racing anyways because how unwell she was. It's been 10 years since she lost her mother today and I know how much it has effected her. Leah had a lot going through her mind before the race and I just couldn't risk her racing like that, it was her emotions that got over her today. She will come back stronger"

George Russell:
"I was worried when she first came into the garage, I haven't seen her like that since F2. She had a lot on her mind, and it was just too dangerous for her to go out and race. I'm sure she will overcome it and be back stronger next week"

Lando Norris:
"The team didn't want her to race in the first place but she Insisted she was okay. Le just doesn't like letting people down, but I think she knows it was the right choice for her not to race today"

Zak Brown:
"At the beginning we didn't want her to race, even though as was cleared by the doctors she still wasn't 100%. A lot on her mind as you know and I knew that she just didn't want to let the team down. But obviously Lewis came into the garage and we both agreed that she shouldn't race like that"

Toto Wolff:
"Leah walked into the garage with Susie and I knew something wasn't right. She has a lot on her mind and it was the best that she didn't race today, Leah will come back stronger next week"

Leah had walked into the media pen, she had a few interviews to do as she was feeling a little better now.

Leah saw the race winner still going his interview so she walked over and patted his back. "Well done" Leah said as they did their handshake.

"Thanks Le, how you doing?" Max asked as he put an arm around her and faced away from the camera. "I'm alright, I'll be fine" Leah said as they hugged.

"Take care of yourself Le" Max added as Leah walked over to her first interview. After all Leah's interviews she saw her teammate talking in the Post Race Show.

Leah sneaked by behind Lando and wrapped her arms around his shoulders. "Lele! Don't do that!" Lando called.

"Oh, I'm sorryyy" Leah pouted. "Leah, welcome to the show!" ROSANNA TENNANT said. "Hi Ro! I can't stay all but I can say for a bit" Leah said.

"Marcussss!!" Leah squealed as she saw the F2 driver. "Hey Lele!" MARCUS ARMSTRONG smiled. "I miss you, get that F2 Championship and then you be up here!" Leah added.

"Forgot how well you two know each other" Lando said. "C'mon Lan, we were the best teammates in F2" Leah told him.

"I was in F1, how would I know?" Lando teased. "Who's won the F2 championship Lan? Exactly!" Leah smirked.

"It's all kicking off now, let's calm it down a bit" Rosanna laughed. "Yeah, I need to get going anyways" Leah added.

"Where you going?" Lando asked. "Therapy, as my mental health is awful" Leah said as she let out a giggle. "Good luck" Lando added.

"Thanks Lan, I'm going to have the best time ever!" Leah giggled as she hugged Rosanne and Marcus before leaving.

"Leah Hamilton everyone!" Rosanna said.

( note ! )

Another chapter completed, hope you liked it!Also, a Merc double podium in Hungary <33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.5K 1.1K 50
In which, they start as lovers and end as rivals.. But will the love still be there at the end..?
20K 884 26
Y/n , the one we all want to be , is sir Lewis Hamilton's adoptive little sister and a very loved ex-race driver and now model.
147K 1.4K 45
π˜ͺ𝘡'𝘴 𝘭π˜ͺ𝘨𝘩𝘡𝘴 𝘰𝘢𝘡 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘒𝘸𝘒𝘺 𝘸𝘦 𝘨𝘰! β˜†