[06]

( instagram ! )

@leahhamilton

Liked by lewishamilton, landonorris and 4,137,836 others leahhamilton: it's been 10 years without you, I miss you more and more everyday

leahhamilton: it's been 10 years without you, I miss you more and more everyday. I hope I'm making you proud, I miss you so so much. Keep flying high, I love you mama❤️🕊
comments have been disabled

( real life ! )

Leah had been feeling unwell all weekend, but as she had been cleared by the doctors she was still going to race. Even though everyone could tell she hasn't been herself this all weekend.

She had also been thinking about all of the negative comments and even worst comments said about her.

The young Hamilton knows she has to just ignore the comments but it does hit her hard some days, and it's one of the those days today.

It was also the day 10 years ago today her mother passed away. It was really going to be a very hard race for her.

Being unwell, reading negative comments and missing her mother. It wasn't looking good for Leah as the race was starting in less than 15 minutes..

"LeLe, you okay?" Lando asked his teammate, he didn't get an answer as the girl ran into her drivers room and locked the door.

"Lando, leave her for a few minutes then you can go and check up on her. She has a lot on her mind right now" Zak told him.

"Le, c'mon I've left you here in your own for a a bit. But we have to get to the anthem in a few minutes" Lando said softly, his heart breaking hearing the cries of his teammate.

Leah unlocked the door and Lando pulled her into a tight hug. "You really shouldn't be racing Le" He whispered to her.

"I haven't got a choice, if I don't race people will be like told you f1 isn't for women. I've got cleared by the doctors also" Leah mumbled.

"You have been reading comments again? Le, what have I told you about this?" Lando told her as the young girl looked down.

"They are right though Lan! I don't belong here, I can't do it" Leah said as she sat down on the floor and buried her head in her arms.

"Leah, don't talk like this. You deserve to be in this sport, you shouldn't be listening to all them comments" Lando said and kneeled down next to her.

"I miss mum so much" Leah whispered. "She's looking down and being very proud of you, c'mon we have to get to the anthems" Lando said and pulled her up.

"I'm sorry you have to see me like this, it's just one of those days" Leah mumbled. "It's okay Le, everyone has them days" Lando replied as they walked out the garage.