[13]

( real life ! )

Formation Lap

"The formation lap is about to start for the Mexican Grand Prix! The day Leah Hamilton is back in the car after being in recovery for a month due her injuries she had got after the crash" Crofty said.

"I think everyone is happy that she is back! She will be fighting for that win today!" Martin added. "She certainly will! Leah qualified P2 yesterday afternoon, between two RedBulls, Max being the one on pole position!" Crofty replied.

Lap 1 || P2

"It's light out and away we go for the Mexican Grand Prix! Verstappen gets a poor start, Leah Hamilton gets a perfect start and goes for the overtake and passes Verstappen!" Crofty exclaims.

"What a move that was from the rookie!" Crofty added.

Lap 15 || P1

"Leah Hamilton is just flying out there, no one is going to be challenging her anytime soon!" Crofty said.

L- "How is dad doing?"

R- "Lewis is currently still P4!"

L- "Copy! How far behind is the RedBulls?"

R- "Verstappen is 5.8 behind, Riccardo is 8.1"

L- "Copy!"

Lap 29 || P1

"Max Verstappen, will he be able to challenge Leah at all? Currently 6 seconds behind the race leader!" Crofty said.

"It will definitely be difficult to try and catch Leah up, flying out there now! That gap is getting bigger and bigger every lap!" Martin added.

M- "How far ahead is Le?"

R- "10.1 ahead"

M- "F***ing hell!"

R- "Head down mate, let's focus"

"Well, that's Max Verstappen's reaction to that" Crofty laughed. "That will be a challenge to try and catch Leah, that gap is getting wider every lap" Martin added.

Lap 48 || P1

"Lewis Hamilton gets ahead on Daniel Ricciardo, new fresh tyres for Hamilton gives him the advantage. Ricciardo, if he wants to get that P3 finish he will need to watch out for George Russel!" Crofty said.

"He sure will need to! George had pitted as well, Daniel needs to pit at some point before that Mercedes will be ahead of him!" Martin added.

Lap 65 || P1

M- "Gap to Le?"

R- "9.7 ahead, 6 laps to go"

M- "F*ck, can we catch up?"

R- "Only if you get on with it"

"I mean, that is the right answer there. But, the way I see it Martin, I don't think anyone will catch up to Leah!" Crofty said.

"Yeah, this has been Leah's race since the start after she got ahead of Verstappen. Only if Max really pushes the car he may catch up" Martin replied.

Lap 71 || P1🏁

"There's our race leader and soon to be winner, Leah Hamilton she hasn't been in the car the last month due to injuries but what a first race back this is-

-Leah Hamilton after getting ahead of Verstappen on the first lap, from then on it's been her race from the start-

-she crosses the line and wins the Mexican Grand Prix, the fastest lap as well! What a drive from her today!" Crofty said.

"Max Verstappen finishes in P2 and Lewis Hamilton gets P3!" Crofty added.

R- "That's P1 Le, first race back and what a way to do it! What a drive, amazing work!"

L- "Woo!! Thank you guys! It's not over yet, it is not over yet!"

R- "It's sure isn't Le!"

Leah finished her cool down lap, before parking her car which she instantly got out and ran to her crew who surrounded her.

She took her helmet and balaclava off before having a drink of water. She felt someone squeeze her shoulders from behind, Leah turned around the face the Dutch driver.

"You took my words literally, you know?" Max said. "I know, you said it yourself I would be back straight away fighting for the 1st place" Leah replied.

"I couldn't even challenge you today," Max added. "I was, wasn't I? Don't worry, you still have time to win again Maxie" Leah laughed as he pushed her away slightly.

"I hate that nickname" Max mumbled. "You love it really!" Leah called over to him as he has walked away to greet his crew.

What an amazing first race back.