Falling Effect

By holl1e27

The Falling Effect: When you do something that causes something else to happen (i.e. you fall down, you scrap... More

SYNOPSIS AND AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHARACTER AESTHETICS AND PLAYLIST
Prologue
1. Finding Out
2. Telling the Truth
3. To Forgive or Not To Forgive
4. Twins are Genetic!
5. Whining and Dining
6. Hockey Pucks, You're Fucked
8. Nightmares and Comfort
9. Drinks and.. Forks?
10. Rough Night?
11. Future Sister-In-Law
12. Kicking and Screaming
13. All Mine
14. Intimate
15. Date Night
16. She Was Never Yours
17. Beach Boys
18. Mama and Mamacita
19. There Will Be No Cocomelon in This House
20. Daddy Issues
21. Lover Boy
22. Forever and Always
23. I Do
24. Love is More Than A Four Letter Word
25. Bonded For Life
26. Get Pucked
27. Gala Preparations
28. Needy
29. Baby Voice Activated
30. Christmas Eve-Eve
31. Baby's First Christmas
32. Sunday Mornings
33. Mother Pucker
34. (Double) Lunch Date
35. Beach Babies
35. Mornin' Lovin'
36. Powdered Sugar
37. Die-Hard Swifties
38. Cup Finals
39. Fantasy Land
40. Yes, Asher Still Loves Taylor Swift
41. Precious Moments Ruined
42. Lost Your Mind
43. Trial and Error
44. Walking and Talking
45. 365 Days
46. Not Just Another Sweet Romance
47. Sick Days
48. Birthday Boy
Epilogue - Forever My Always
BONUS CHAPTER - 1
BONUS CHAPTER - 2
Most Valuable Parent?
Book Poll - Updated!
Spin-Off: In Dirty Harmony - Release Date Announced!
Book 2: Falling Forward
Book 3: Falling Together

7. Twin Sisters and Little Sisters

37.2K 863 39
By holl1e27

You Can't Hurry Love - Phil Collins

"Hey Grey!! Hold on a second," Gracie said excitedly as her face popped up on my phone, before it quickly disappeared and I got a wonderful view of her ceiling.

"Okay, sorry about that." She said as her face came back on the screen with Liam, my nephew in her arms.

"Uncle Greyson!!" He yelled when he saw me and my smile instantly grew. Not too long after that I heard another couple of screams before my nieces popped up on the phone.

"Hi Uncle Greyson." Amelia, the four year old, said as she waved.

"Uncle Gwesyon!" Claire, the youngest cheered, before my sister took the phone back and she started crying.

"Claire you can talk to Uncle Greyson in a minute, mommy needs to for a sec. So, all three of you go play outside with daddy for a minute."

"But, daddy yelled at me!" Amelia cried out.

"Why did daddy yell at you?" Gracie asked, looking frustrated.

"Because she hit me!" Liam yelled, as I chuckled.

"Greyson, shut up." Gracie glares at me through the phone.

Amelia gasped, "MOMMY SAID A BAD WORD!!!" She yelled was she ran away.

"Jesus, these kids are going to be the death of me. So, what's up Grey?" She asked looking at the phone screen.

I nervously chuckles, "Yeah, speaking of kids... Um, you know Chris, my teammate."

"Of course!"

"Well you see, I maybe, sorta, got his sister... pregnant." I said as her eyes widened and her jaw dropped.

I gave her a second to process it, "Gracie?"

"You, Greyson Rhodes, my twin brother, IS GOING TO BE A DAD?!" She asked with a huge grin on her face.

"Yeah." I said rubbing the back of my neck.

"Wait, is she your girlfriend? Oh my god, you have a girlfriend and didn't tell me?!" She yelled.

"No, she's not my girlfriend."

"Yet..." She mumbled something under her breath but because it was FaceTime I couldn't hear it.

"Huh?"

"I didn't say anything." She said with a guilty look.

"Sure you didn't."

"Anyways, what's she like. When can I meet her. Oh, when's the baby due?"

"Jeeze Gracie, slow down." I chuckle, sitting on one of the barstools at my kitchen counter. "I think you'll like her. She's a baker, she actually owns The Bakery Box." I say as she looks like she's thinking.

"Is that the one on the corner of Ocean Drive?"

"Yeah."

"Oh my god I love that place! Wait, can I get free food then?" She asks grinning.

"We'll see. Anyways," I chuckle before continuing, "I was thinking, maybe sometime this month you and the kids could come down, I could have a little Uncle Greyson time, and you and Evelyn could spend some time together." I said as her face lit up on the screen.

"Assuming that Evelyn is Chris's sister, then yes I would love to get to know my future sister in-law." Gracies says, winking at me.

"You're as bad as mom." I say as she grins.

"I'm taking that as a compliment, so thank you very much-"

"Liam Wayne, you let go of your sister's hair. Right. Now." She says as I chuckle, "I'll let you go deal with that. I'll talk to Evelyn and we can set up a day or two for you guys to come, sound good?"

"Sounds good, I'll try to call you later Grey, love you!"

"Love you too, bye." I say hanging up the one as one of the kids starts yelling again.

Just as I was locking my phone I hear the keypad on the door click and the lock turn. Meaning Evelyn is home.

"Jesus El, you couldn't have even tried to hide it. I mean making out with him in the hallway like you're in a high school movie, you totally had that coming." She chuckles as she walks into the kitchen, giving me a small smile.

"I'm surprised he's okay with it, I mean he literally beat Greyson's ass, and Evan he's just gonna let go, yeah right." She said as I rolled my eyes at her comment about me getting my ass beat.

"Oh, like you're not fucking him." She said as I chuckled.

"Hold on I'm putting you on speaker. So don't say anything you shouldn't." She says before she takes the phone from her ear and sets it on the counter.

"Is Greyson there?" Ellie asks through the phone.

"Yes I am."

"Heyyy Greyson." Ellie says as I chuckle.

"Hiii Ellie."

"Yeah, why didn't Chris beat Evan's ass?" I ask raising a very curious brow.

Evelyn shrugs, "I have no idea, I mean we fucked once and he 'bout killed you. They're probably having sex at least twice a day, and he didn't lay a finger on Evan."

"Yeah, this is very unfair. My beautiful face is still beautiful, don't worry, but I'm not a fan of the bruise that's still on my eye." I say giving Evelyn a cocky grin.

"I guess I'm just the favorite sister." Ellie says chuckling through the phone.

"Ha, you're funny. I'm the OG little sister, you can't ever replace me." Evelyn says, grabbing a coke from the fridge.

"Anyways, how's it going living together?" Ellie asks.

"Terrible."

"Great."

We say at the same time as I pout, "I'm one of the best star hockey players in Miami, girls would kill to have this amazing experience." I say as she rolls her eyes, something I've learned she does a lot.

"He's the most annoying and arrogant mother fucker I've ever met." She continues answering Ellie's question, as I gasp.

"I am hurt." I say dramatically placing my hand over my heart.

"As you can see, I'm real broken up by that." She says flatly as Ellie laughs.

"God, this is seriously the best thing ever. Who needs trashy TV when you have you two."

"Haha, you're so funny." Evelyn says sarcastically.

"I know I am."

"No, you're just a little shit." Evelyn says, taking a sip of her coke. "Anyways, I found out one of the possible reasons as to why I am currently pregnant."

My head snapped up from my phone to look at her.

"Apparently my implant broke."

"Oh shit. That can happen?"

"Apparently. It's rare but there's still a chance."

"I'm gonna FaceTime you."

"Okie dokie."

After a couple of seconds the phone connects to FaceTime and I walk around the counter.

Ellie is laying against Evan's chest on his bed. He's focused on the TV I would assume he's watching hockey.

"Awe, you guys are so cute." Evelyn says as Evan's face pops onto the screen.

"Thanks, we don't try hard at all." He says giving a cocky grin.

"Jesus, you guys really are meant to be or some shit." Evelyn says grinning. "I'm happy for you though, El."

"Thanks Ev, it means a lot." Ellie says as Evan kisses the top of her head. "Hey what are you guys doing tomorrow night?" Evan asks.

"I don't think I have anything." I say as Evelyn agrees.

"We should have like a game night or movie night with all of us or something." Evan says as Ellie speaks up, "Ooh, that sounds fun."

"I'm down." Evelyn says throwing out her empty coke can.

"Yeah that sounds fun."

"I'll text Chris and Jake about it." Evan says. "Should we invite Soph and Kate?" Ellie asks Evelyn.

"Yeah, I'll text the group chat." Evelyn says

"Okay, sounds good." She says as Evan whispers something in her ear, making her giggle.

"Okay, well I'm gonna go, because this just got hella awkward, so, don't get her pregnant Evan. Chris might actually lose his shit." Evelyn says as we all lightly chuckle. "Okay, bye El, love ya."

"Bye sis, love you." She says before Evelyn hangs up.

"They're totally about too fuck." She says slightly grimacing at the thought.

"Let's change the subject, shall we?" I say as she nods her head, "Agreed."

"Did your doctor say why your implant thing broke?" I ask as she froze, all of the sudden looking like she'd rather be anywhere but here.

"She didn't say exactly, but she we talked about a couple of options and I slowly put some pieces together." I nod, wanting to know more, but seeing as she was uncomfortable I let it go.

"I'm gonna go watch a movie or something, you're welcome to join." I say, pushing off of the island.

"I'm gonna take a shower, so I'll come down in a little bit."

"Sounds good. Have you eaten?" I found myself asking, "I was thinking about just ordering a pizza."

"I ate a couple of hours ago, but I would honestly kill for some pepperoni pizza right, not gonna lie." She said, her green eyes lighting up just by the thought of it.

"Okay," I say chuckling, "I'll get that ordered."

"Sounds good, see ya in a bit." She says walking out of the kitchen as I grab unlock my phone to order the pizza.

Us living together, sure as hell is going to be very entertaining to say the least.

Chapter 7 is done. I can't believe I've already wrote 7 whole chapters omg. Thats so crazy.

Aren't Ellie and Evan just freaking adorable though? OMG!! My next book in this series is DEFINITELY going to be about them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7M 504K 67
Book 1 in the "Life in-" series Scarlett Rain Rhodes is just like every other 17 year old high school Junior. She goes to school, makes good grades...
267K 3.7K 55
"π‘Œπ‘œπ‘’ 𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑙 π‘˜π‘›π‘œπ‘€ π‘€β„Žπ‘’π‘› 𝑖𝑑'𝑠 π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’, π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘Žπ‘™ π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’, π‘π‘’π‘π‘Žπ‘’π‘ π‘’ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ 𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑒𝑑𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑙𝑦 π‘ π‘‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘ 𝑏𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔...
140K 3.4K 29
All Greyson Rhodes (secretly) wished for was for one of his sons to play hockey just like him. What happens when it's his daughter that follows in hi...
105K 4.9K 52
Book 3 of 3 Highly recommend you read books 1 and 2 first. Mel just moved back to New York City. She left four years ago after the love of her life...