Bucky Barnes X Y/n: I hate yo...

By Y3llow_8utt3rfly

Her hands were scarred of murder, her eyes, dull and glassy as she loses her luster and her soul longing for... More

Author's Note
Avengers Compound Visuals
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
꧁༺𝓗𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝒱𝒾𝓈𝓊𝒶𝓁𝓈༻꧂

Chapter 35

478 10 3
By Y3llow_8utt3rfly

*Bucky POV*

'Three weeks and nothing', I said and push my plate of food away from me, for the last time, I haven't eaten much since she's gone and honestly, it was like she was wiped off of the face of the world and no trace of her was left, except for the evidence in her room with all her things and the letters she sends us via Owl, which by the way has been taunting me every time we come up empty, but I'm not giving up, whether she likes it or not, I will have her back to me again.

'I'm going out', I said, then proceed to get up and see their eyes on me and I could practically hear their silence when I walked out, with the little kitten sat under my shirt and on top of my chest, which was her new found spot to sleep in and she loved it.

'Bucky, you need to slow down', Nat tells me but I ignore her with the rest of the team behind me, 'she's right Buck, we just need to take it a step at a time', Steve says as a sigh follows after and I just shake my head, I hate this so much, I tell myself.

I'm then looking out when I hear the roar of a motorcycle engine coming towards us and stops just near us.

Then the figure is taking his helmet off and I immediately recognise him to be Spencer, I met him with Steve and Nat when Y/n went to visit a friend, Vivian, and he showed up.

'Spencer, how are you', Nat asks and a smile spreads wide on his face, 'I'm good, and you', he responds and she shrugs, 'never better', she replies, 'what are you doing here', she asks next.

'Steve asked for a favour, I came to deliver', he says and I'm confused as I watch him take a note out of his pocket, 'the location', he states and Steve takes it off of him, 'thank you Spencer, I was beginning to wonder if it wasn't possible', he tells him and he shakes his head.

'Y/n might have caught onto you guys following her owl, but not me', he says and I step forward, 'you found her', I ask and he looks at me and nods, 'you'll definitely find her there, but be quick, I hear she'll change her location', he explains and I take the piece of paper from Steve and look at the coordinates.

'Let's go get her', Wanda tells the team and they're all following her, 'thank you Spencer, if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask', Steve tells him and shakes his hand, 'actually there is', he states, 'don't tell her I found her, I'm not ready to die yet', he says and Steve's laughing and catching up with the team.

When I make a move to leave too, Spencer stops me, 'Sargent Barnes', he calls out and I turn my head and look at him, 'I've loved her too', he tells me, 'she just wasn't ready to let me in, I hope she does with you', he says, 'she's special and very, very unique', he adds and I nod.

'I know', I tell him, 'I love her so I won't give up on her', I add and he smiles again and nods, 'I can tell, I had the same puppy love for her too', he tells me, 'things have changed, and I've met someone who loves me too, so for Y/n, I hope she loves and opens up to you, she deserves it', he states.

'She already has', I said, 'she's a unique blend of smart, funny, beautiful, and crazy and I love every part of her', I explain, because I do, 'and it isn't mutual, she loves every part of me too', I add and he smiles.

'I'd say ninety nine percent crazy', he says and I give him a look that he laughs too and puts his hands out in a surrender position, 'I was joking', he says and puts his hand down, 'I better get going, the misses is expected me back', he says and puts his helmet back on, 'I'm expecting an invitation to the wedding by the way', he tells me and my mouth curves into the tiniest smile when he drives off.

________

The co – ordinates took us to a jungle in Argentina and let's just say it was the middle of nowhere, just miles and miles of trees and animal habitat.

When we finally reached the point, I sighed, 'there's nothing here', I said whilst Nat looked at the map again, 'we are where Spencer told us to go, so we shouldn't be in the wrong place if he pinpointed it correctly', she says.

'This is ridiculous, where the fuck is she', I said, looking at the compass in my hand and trying to keep my anger in, but that didn't work when I threw it and I watched as it flew in the air and smashed to pieces to the ground, which wasn't weird, the only thing that was, was when we heard a loud clang of metal and turned our attention to it.

I watched as Sam and Thor moved the mud and grass out of the way and saw a huge iron chamber door whilst we look at each other, 'open it', Steve instructed as Sam turned the dial and when we heard a lock, he opened it whilst Thor and Nat helped.

________

'Guess someone's paying for the utilities', Wanda says after pulling a lever up and lights come on, 'It's hydroelectric power, which means there's running water somewhere down here', I explained as we look around, Pietro pulling another leaver whilst a huge interlocking system rung the cabin as we look over and a secret door opened, 'well, there's something', Tony says as we head in.

We looked around, the chamber was filled with things that should belong in a museum, I don't think anyone's stumbled on it yet, which is why it isn't there anyway.

'Pietro, no touching', Wanda warned, and he keeps his hands to himself and tried not to touch every shiny objects in this place.

Once we we're passed the first room, all the other ones we're empty, bunkers in a few of them but pretty much empty for the most part of it.

'We're...', Nat began to say when we heard something, and I was the first one to spin on my feet and take the direction we just heard something from, 'Great, another mug broken', I heard her voice more clearly and quickly got into the room we heard it from, '...I blame you for this mess', she says as we look at her and I step forward, 'Y/n', I called out first and she pauses, then turns to me, 'how did you find me', she asks and shakes her head, 'Never mind, you guys shouldn't be here', she says, then I take a few steps towards but she only retreats back whilst dropping her mug again, 'Stop, don't come any closer to me', she says and I complied.

'Go back Bucky, I told you to give me some time to get fixed, I don't need to be around you guys when I'm this broken, you don't deserve that, so please just go home and leave me alone', she explains and I take a step forward again, which she only reciprocated when she stepped back, 'you're not broken', I tell her, 'your how I like you to be and I don't need you to change', I add and she intensively stares at me, 'Hydra did to much damage, I can't trust myself to be out there when there's a lot at stake, I won't make the mistake of hurting anyone else, you should have seen that with the agent I accidently killed', she says.

'That was an accident', Steve tells her and she sighs, 'go back to the compound, I'm only coming out when I'm ready and fixed, please don't change my mind on that', she says and when she makes a move to leave, Emori has found herself out of my jacket and stares at her, 'mew', she calls out for the first time since we've had her and I'm surprised because she's never used her voice, I've only heard her cry out when she's either in pain or because she's missing Y/n.

Then Y/n turns and looks at me, 'I brought her as a gift', I tell her and then Emori is climbing down me, runs across the room and jumps onto Y/n, which makes me laugh to myself, she missed her a lot, and I can tell.

When Y/n plucks her off of her leg, she holds her closer and strokes her, which reciprocates in the kitten purring so loud, it filled the room and I notice her smile.

'Okay, I'll take her back now', I said and when she gives me a look, I laugh to myself, 'not happening, go back to the compound and leave us alone please', she says and then walks away from us.

I'm the first to follow her out in the corridor, 'Y/n', I call out, but she doesn't stop and I know she's ignoring me when I call her name again, so I choose to take another route and smile, 'Doll', I call out to her again, and this time she stops and I laugh to myself when she audibly huffs at the chosen nickname I gave her.

When I step in front of her, she avoids looking at me, 'Bucky, please just go', she mutters and I reach my hand out, pinch her chin with my thumb and index finger and lift her head.

I smile when I stare at her, 'I've missed your eyes', I tell her first when she's just staring at me, 'come back with me, we'll help you in whatever you need help with', I tell her, because at this point, I'd do anything for her, 'remember we're a team, and we do this together', I said and her eyes fall slightly, but I nudge her head up and make her keep her eyes on me, 'we're not a team anymore', she tells me, then takes a step back, 'don't you understand, I can't be in the outside world where I can easily hurt someone innocent, I won't live with myself then', she states, 'so please, while I'm asking nicely, go home', she instructs and I sigh again.

'And don't you understand that there's no home without you', I say and feel her eyes burn my own, 'the compound was never my home, only you we're', I said, 'you've always been my home and if you leave, I leave, I don't have anyone but you, so I can't live without you', I said.

'Bucky', she says in barely a whisper and I step back this time, 'if you want to stay here, then okay, I won't stand in your way', I said, because I won't.

'But I'm not going back to the compound, it was never my home, I'll stay here, if you don't want me inside, then I'll camp outside, I've done it before, and I don't care if I have to do it again, I'll live off of what's in this forest just to be with you', I explain and then I feel her hand on mine and hear her sigh.

'Why do you have to be so difficult', she questions when she presses into me and I let my forehead meet hers, 'because I always am', I mutter and hug her, it's been so long since I've had her in my arms that I squeeze her even closer to me.

'I love you, but I love my breathing more', she tells me and I release some of my grip, 'sorry', I whisper and kiss her shoulder whilst I feel Emori purr against Y/n's chest, 'she's a little traitor, she's supposed to love me more', I whisper to her again and it earns me a laugh I missed to much.

'Don't get ahead of yourself', she tells me and I pull back and stare at her, 'I need to hear your decision', I said and she looks up at me, 'I'm only coming back because I can't have you terrifying the wildlife out there', she says and I'm laughing to myself again.

'Remind me to throw up later', I heard Sam and look over to see the team joining us in the hallway, 'Make that two', Nat says next and I roll my eyes.

'Can we go back...', Wanda begins to ask but is cut off when an alarm goes off and our attention turns to the bottom of the hall, 'what's that', Pietro asks.

'I don't know, it always sets off at the same time every day, I've gotten used to it at this point', Y/n replies as we look at her.

'What's down there', I ask and she shrugs, 'I don't know, the door won't open', she replies and when the alarm turns off again, she moves her feet and we follow her.

'See', she says when she pulls on the door handle, 'here, I can do it', Thor says and we watch him break the handle and then kick the door open, 'problem solved I guess', Nat says and we're following them.

When we're all inside, the lights turn on, one by one in each row until it reaches to the end of the room, 'weird, how did you find this place again', Tony questions.

'I didn't', she replies, 'it was a short memory I had of this place, I stayed here because I knew it would be abandoned', she adds and then the alarm goes off again and the floor beneath the end of the room lifts up and there's a huge chamber.

'What is that', Wanda question.

'A cryogenesis chamber', Vision replies and Y/n is the first to step towards it, 'that's... familiar', she states and circles it, 'I think', she begins and presses a button that was on the side, which allowed the chamber to open and a little airy sound releases from it with a pop and a cloud of smoke pools beneath our feet.

'This is an advancement, I wounder who made it', Tony says and inspects it himself when I see Y/n opening the door further and smile when I see her curiosity.

'Hmm, look at this', she tells Tony when she runs her hand down the metal of the inside and before Tony could take a look, the door to it immediately closes in on itself and locks.

'Let me out', Y/n yells and I'm quickly making my way over and try to pry the thing open, 'let me out', she yells again and I know she's in a state of panic right now, due to her claustrophobia.

Her pounding stills and when I look at her through the glass, she's tensing and freezing up, 'move', Thor says and with his axe he breaks the door open with no effort and I'm catching Y/n when she falls into my arms, 'Y/n', I call out to her, but she only stirs and falls back to sleep.

'Wrap her up in this, she needs to get warm', Steve tells me and hands me some blankets when I work with him to cover her up, 'let's get her out of here', he says and I nod.

'And burn this place to the ground', Wanda says and then we're all making our way out whilst I carry Y/n in my arms.

________

I stare at Y/n when she stirs awake and whimpers in my arms, so I hold her tighter and sigh, 'your okay', I reassure her and lean in closer to her so she could feel the heat of my body.

'That was the worse', she says and her teeth clatter together, 'I know', I said, 'we've destroyed the whole place, no one will put you in that again', I tell her and she tucks herself into me.

'Is Emori all right', she asks and I smile, even though she got hurt more, she doesn't seem to care, only for Emori's safety, 'she's okay', I tell her and see her smile and nod, then falls back to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 79 10
After a long seven years of being apart from her sister, Y/n Romanoff manages to just barley escape HYDRA while on a mission. She goes to the Avenger...
78.1K 1.3K 44
From the time she can remember she was trained, beaten, and worked to the breaking point. But when an unknown group saves her and the winter soldier...
121K 3.1K 30
Pietro's death is still haunting Wanda. She can't seem to find a reason to be happy again. That is until she meets James Buchanan Barnes. Steve Roger...
Dangerous By <3

Fanfiction

470K 9.9K 26
"I'm dangerous" "So am I" ---- Y/n's life was hard enough as it is, hiding from Hydra isn't exactly a walk in the park. But now she's somehow joine...