Bucky Barnes X Y/n: I hate yo...

By Y3llow_8utt3rfly

Her hands were scarred of murder, her eyes, dull and glassy as she loses her luster and her soul longing for... More

Author's Note
Avengers Compound Visuals
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
꧁༺𝓗𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝒱𝒾𝓈𝓊𝒶𝓁𝓈༻꧂

Chapter 30

709 9 2
By Y3llow_8utt3rfly

I stretched myself over a firm body and ran my fingers through the silkiness and sleek texture of what I am presuming is hair and then heard a wispy hum of appreciation when I lean in and press my body firm against his.

'Morning Doll', I heard the soft notes of Bucky's voice mixed with his sleepy one, 'can we sleep all day', I whisper into his ear and feel his chest rumble against my hand when I had it pressed onto his chest.

'I don't think so', he says and keeps his voice the same tone as my own, 'we definitely can', I said next, 'we'll say we're sick', I add and hear him tiredly chuckle, 'I don't get sick, remember', he reminds me.

'Fine, we'll say your arm is acting up and will take a while to be fixed', I suggest next.

'Mmm, we'll say your in the process of fixing it', he says and I move my mouth into a smile, 'Yes, it'll take three days to fix', I said and laugh with him whilst I feel his arm snake around my waist, 'I was going to get you some breakfast to eat in bed', he suggests and I lean away, then open my eyes and look at him, to see his drooping eyes trying to focus on me, 'later, we both had a rough couple of nights, so we could do with the sleep', I said and he hums and nods at the same time.

'I hate when the team give you a paralytic', I said in a strained voice and it's then he opens his eyes and focuses on me, 'It's to keep everyone safe', he states and I only sigh to myself.

'Nevertheless, I hate it', I said and he tightens his grip on me, 'come here', he says and before I can move, he instead drags me closer to him and moves me plush against him then tucks his head into my shoulder, 'I don't want to hurt anyone', he murmurs against me and I sigh.

'You won't because I can stop you, you know I can', I state and he gives me a curt nod, 'I know', he whispers and when I thought he'd continue to say something else, he already drifted off so I wrap my arms around his shoulders, 'let's dream together then', I whisper to him and when he nods, I use my powers and jump into his mind.

'Where are we', I ask and look over at Bucky, who was not wearing his usual clothes, instead he wore a red shawl that wrapped around him and stretched down to his ankles, with a brown leather belt wrapped around his waist, sandals on his feet and a dark blue scarf that was wrapped around where his left arm should have been.

'I use to live here', he replies and I watch him stare around, 'this is Wakanda', he says and points to a hut, 'that used to be where I lived', he said and I smile and hold his hand, 'show me, I want to see everything', I said and see him smile brightly at me.

Then I heard something crying out and when I turned around, I saw some baby goats, 'these guys were mine too', Bucky says and then we're walking over to them whilst I smile, it looks like he had some sort of peace here and no one bothered him about anything.

________

We we're in the meeting room, the team came back from a mission, so me and Bucky sat side by side and listened to Steve give the mission report to Coulson, then I looked over at Bucky, who was trying his hardest not to nod off, but it wasn't working with how tired he really was, I told him to sleep more and I'd get him something to eat, but he wouldn't listen and insisted that he wasn't tired anymore and just wanted to go for a walk, but he changed his mind and decided to just stay in instead.

'You should go to bed', I mutter for only him to hear and he sighs and shakes his head, 'not without you', he mutters back and stares at me, 'go, I'll join you when I get you something to eat', I tell him but he shakes his head, 'still not without you', he says and I sigh and shake my head a little.

'Bucky', Coulson calls out to him and he moves his eyes to him, 'how are you', he asks.

'Fine, just tired', he replies back to him.

'You look it, you should get some rest, I don't think Sam likes a moody Bucky', he states and the team laugh.

'Nah, he's ninety nine percent angry, moody, and gives you a look that he'd kill you within seconds', Sam says and the team chuckle again whilst Bucky stares at him and I laugh to myself, 'don't worry, you'll be my next subject of unaliving something', he states and I move my hand on his leg and tap it.

'What about the other one percent', Coulson asks.

'That's only resolved for Y/n, she knows how to tame him', Sam replies and I stare at him, 'I suggest you think very carefully with what you say, because I think you're forgetting, I know exactly where you sleep', I said and it earns a laugh from the whole team whilst I feel Bucky's hand clutch my own and I move my eyes to him.

'Remind me to puke after', I heard Nat mutter and break the connection, me and Bucky we're in, 'Make it two', Sam says next and before anyone could say anything else, I see May come in.

'Coulson', she draws his attention to her, 'we need to go, we've pinpointed where they are', she instructs as he nodded, 'tell everyone to get ready, we leave in an hour', he says and when she nods. she walks over to the door, 'wait', he says as she turns, '...what year did they go too', he asks.

'They've split up, some of them have gone to April 14th 1865', she says as we all look at Coulson, and listen in on the interaction, 'what happens then', he asked and she shrugged her shoulders, 'Daisy's looking into it', she replies, and just when Coulson opened his mouth to say something else, I interrupt him, 'the assassination of Abraham Lincoln', I said and they all turn and look at me.

'What', Coulson questioned.

'April 14th 1865 is the day that Abraham Lincoln was assassinated...', I say, '...it was also the day that people celebrated because the civil war just ended, slavery was outlawed, and African Americans thought their future was bright... but that all ends when Lincoln gets shot at the back of the head', I explain.

'How do you know that', he questioned as I shrugged my shoulder a little, 'I've read the books and all the accounts of the person who assassinated him', I said.

'Really, who is it', he asked next.

'John Wilkes Booth, he walks into Ford's theatre at exactly ten am and shoots him at the back of the head... he does all this because he was an actor and knew the theatre like the back of his hand, he used it as his mailing address, picks up his mail at exactly 10am', I state, 'He was a pretty well-known actor, but his brother, Edwin, was literally the most famous in all of America, Booth didn't measure up to him, but beside from that, if it wasn't for the incompetence of Lincoln's bodyguard, who was next door, enjoying drinks, Booth would never have gotten in, Lincoln would've been alive and been able to change history but he never got the chance', I said.

'Booth's last words on stage was: 'Sic Semper Tyrannis! The south shall be free', I finished explaining and see them all staring at me, '...what, I got bored so I read everything and I know my history', I said and listen to them laugh.

'What was the other year', he asked May, 'May 22nd 1934, Arkansas', she responded and Coulson turns to me again, 'Y/n, do you know anything about that date', he says turning to me as I shrug my shoulders again, 'A number of things, 1934 Arkansas, that's the dull ball era, the great depression, it could be anything', I explained.

'The only thing we got was that they'll be in Mcilroy Bank and trust', May says as I looked at the picture she was holding up and examined it, 'the Barrow gang', I said and look up to them staring at me again, 'who and what is that', May questioned.

'The Barrow Gang, Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker... Bonnie and Clyde', I explained as she put it away, 'great, we're looking for two lunatics', she says as Coulson looked at her, 'Murderers', he corrected her, but she only shrugs her shoulder, 'same difference'.

'What do the agents want with them', he asks.

'Apparently, they stole something highly valuable that has something in it, a necklace of some sort and it's a key to something', she explains, 'we don't know much, but once we have it, we'll get all the information we need', she replies and he gives her a curt nod to show he understood.

'You just have to get to them before 9am', I tell them and hear Coulson sigh when they all look at me, 'what's 9am', he questioned.

'That's when Clyde's crew member, Henry Methvin, sells them out. He turns them over to the legendary ranger, Frank Hamer... and that's when him and his men pump over 130 bullets into Bonnie and Clyde's car at 9am', I explained.

'Great, this just keeps getting better and better, what's next, you're going to tell us what she wrote as her last poem', May asks.

'Someday they'll go down together, they'll bury them side by side. To a few it'll be grief. To the law a relief. But it's death for Bonnie and Clyde', I recited.

'Y/n, how many times do I have to tell you not to be a know it all', she says as I looked up at her, 'you wanted to know, so I was simply answering your question', I said as they cackled with laughter.

________

*Wanda POV*

I walked into Y/n's room, and see her fast asleep, so I smiled, walked over and took a seat beside her so I could watch over her, Bucky needed to grab some things, so he asked me to watch over her, she had a bad night too, so he was more then worried to have her alone.

I moved my hand over her head when she let out a strained whimper, so I moved closer, picked her head up and put it on my legs and continued to stroke her head, which eventually did comfort her, 'It's just a dream', I whispered to her and she grasps at my arm and her fingers pressed into my skin, tighter, so I began to talk, tell her a story, just like Bucky does when she's having a bad night and it seems to calm her.

'Let's just say, you sleep a lot', I tell her after her eyes fly open and I give her minute to wake up properly and process everything.

'Where's Bucky', she asked and looks up at me, 'He told me he wanted to get something and asked to look after you', I reply to her and she nods and I continue to stare at her, 'you know, I can help you', I offer her and see her brows draw together, 'with what exactly', she asked, clearly confused.

'If you like, I can help to unlock some of your memories', I suggested and she's surprised, 'you can do that', she asks and I nod, 'Yeah, my powers allow me to do it... shall we go down and begin', I ask her, and she nods again, gets up and follows me down so we could begin.

*END OF POV*

________

I walked in, seating myself on the gurney when I saw Steve and Bucky coming in to and saw their confusion, 'what's going on, why are you in the Medbay', Steve asked.

'Y/n wants me to unlock some of her memories', Wanda answered as their heads shot back to me whilst the rest of the team walked in, 'are you sure about this Y/n, it's going to hurt', Steve explained as I sigh and nod.

'I'm sure... now please do it', I instructed, and when the room is filled with silence, I lay back on the gurney then feel Bucky's hand snake around my own.

When I looked up at him, the first thing I notice is his worry and concern, 'It's going to be okay Bucky... I'm going to be fine', I reassured him and when I reached up and placed my hand on his cheek, he kissed the palm of it and clutched onto it with his own hand.

'Are you sure this is safe M'Lady', Thor says, and when I move my eyes to him, I see his worry, along with everyone else's, 'I'm sure, besides, Loki's here if anything goes wrong, so he knows how to stop me', I explain.

*Steve POV*

Bucky had glanced over at me, so I gave him a reassured nod when he grabs her hand again, and smiled a little, I'm glad they have each other, for the longest time he's felt alone so I'm glad they have a connection and make each other happy, they both deserve it.

'Ready', Wanda asks her when she moves her hand over her head and Y/n gives her a curt not, 'I'm ready', she states and before Wanda begins, she tightens her hand around Bucky's and closes her eyes when Wanda slowly starts.

We're then watching Wanda begin, red streak twirl around her fingers, bringing her hands closer, the whole team along with myself watched, but then the screams began, tumbling the whole Medbay and we had to grip onto something so we didn't fall, 'STOP, You're hurting her', We heard Bucky yell and Sam is the first to quickly pulled him off of her and walk him out of the room.

Her screams became even more louder, roaring, even, that it made her body convulse, which then made her fall off and land onto the floor, 'Wanda Stop', me and Tony instructed, but when we looked up at her, it was like she was somewhere else, somewhere dark, I think she became too trapped into her memories that she's fallen into them, or something other.

Her eyes then became red, enthralled in blackness, 'Wanda listen to me, you need to stop or else you're going to kill her', Nat says, trying to get through to her, and the next minute we know, Bucky barges in, 'what the hell, make her stop', he pleads.

'We need to sedate Wanda, she's gone to deep', Thor implies whilst Vision steps in, 'if we break the connection in any way, theirs an 85% chance that they both die', he says as we stare around at each other whilst Bucky holds her, tight.

'Someone needs to stop her', Pietro says and we're watching Vision make his way infront of Wanda when she stayed, paused in place and his forehead meets hers, 'Can you feel me Wanda, I need you to stop', he says, and it's then an aspect of light appears in her eyes whilst she pushes away the darkness and began to scan his face, when he kissed her forehead, 'I'm here, I can feel you', she whispered and her power came to a stop when she scans the room soon after.

'Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I didn't know', she says, then steps away from Vision and walks over to where Y/n had fallen, 'stay away', Bucky snapped as she stopped in her track and he looked at her, 'what is wrong with you, you should've stopped', he says, half yelling at her, and her head bowed slightly, 'I'm sorry, I didn't mean to', she says as I step forward and put a hand on her shoulder, 'it was an accident Buck, we all just need to stay calm', I said, before he could say something else to make her upset, I could already tell she was feeling guilty, and she didn't deserve that, it's not her fault, she was trying to help.

It didn't help though, he still yelled at her, but that was until Y/n reached out, in her half dazed state and he looked at her, 'Stop it', she whispered as her hand met his cheek, 'she didn't know, and it was an accident', she says, and then his forehead meets hers as he sighed and tried to calm down, 'I'm sorry', he says as she nods and I take a few steps towards them, 'Y/n, are you okay', I asked as she moved her head slightly to the side and nods when Bucky moved away a little, 'Mmm', she mumbled and then her hand reached out to me and I take it whilst she whispered something I couldn't make out so I leaned in.

'What did you say', I said as her head lifted a little and she began to whisper something I my ear, 'you have to listen to me, Hydra...', she began to say when her head fell back on the gurney and I moved closer to see what she had to say, '...Hydra made a serum that-that's similar to the one you and Bucky have', she began to explain, shaking her head in the process to try and focus and I knew she was ready to pass out, 'It's okay Y/n, tell me when you wake up', I say as she shook her head again, 'I suffered the same torture Bucky did, they trained me to become their weapon', she says as I stare down at her and noticing her eyes fall shut before she could tell me anything else.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42K 847 128
Michelle lost her entire family in a fire as a little girl. She then grew up in various homes for orphans. All her life she longs for the family that...
1.4K 79 10
After a long seven years of being apart from her sister, Y/n Romanoff manages to just barley escape HYDRA while on a mission. She goes to the Avenger...
78.2K 1.3K 44
From the time she can remember she was trained, beaten, and worked to the breaking point. But when an unknown group saves her and the winter soldier...
26.3K 673 9
Star is only a child, and her entire life has been dictated by HYDRA, anything she did was what they wanted to do. She is confused and scared, but th...