silhouette | jhs ✓

Par SKULLJIN

방탄소년단 "Let me guess," she hummed pensively. "This is where you kill me, huh?" She laughed. He glanced at her... Plus

Note
Playlist
Prologue
1. Cold Life
2. Ghost
3. Pluto
4. Whiskey, neat
5. Curiosity
6. Good Things Come To Those Who Wait
8. The Painting
9. Unexpected
10. The Unwanted Visitor
11. Waiting
12. Swan Lake
13. Inquisitive
14. Sweet Pastries
15. Plans
16. The Music Box
17. Paranoia
18. Comfort
19. encounter
20. The Race
21. Late Invite
22. Sibling Bond
23. Protection
24. The Green Spruce Trees
25. Sealed Kiss
26. First Impression
27. brotherly advice
28. Overdue Conversation
29. Transparent
30. Undying Sultry
31. Decisions
32. Revisits of the Past
33. Hold Me Tight
34. Jack
35. Persuasive
36. Shared Pleasure
37. Aftercare
38. Raincheck
39. The Blinding Hue of Jealousy
40. Confessions
41. The Woeful Farewell
42. Reassurance
43. Lurid Discovery
44. The Gardenia Flower
45. The Dreaded Nightmare
46. Warm Embrace
47. The Cellar
48. The Truth
49. Inexorable
50. Change
51. Pieces to the Missing Puzzle
52. Devoted Friendships
53. His Confession
54. Final Statement
Epilogue
Thank you!
Book 2

7. Messages

113 8 0
Par SKULLJIN

Her feet barely touched the ground, light on her bare toes as she walked through her house completing her standard morning routine. It truly was her favorite time of day, being a morning person rather than a night owl, for numerous reasons.

Seren could see her front yard in the morning, watching the newly sprouted flowers on bushes waft in direction of the breeze from the kitchen table, the white fuzz on dandelions joining the winds, detaching from their buds.

Most people loathed dandelions, they were pestering weeds and the bane of the existence of most lawns.

Seren couldn't help but love them.

Ever since she was little, she would pull them out from their roots and blow on them to watch the white fluff scatter with the winds, flying away freely.

She would make a wish before blowing, in hopes that her wishes would come true.

Her lovely garden and warm tea weren't the only reason for her singing heart that morning, it was also because of Hoseok. Intoxicated with bliss each time his name appeared on her screen, making her wan moonlight skin turn a scarlet red, regardless of what his message said.

So far, it had only been two days since they had begun texting.

In her eyes, it felt as though their conversation persisted endlessly. They picked up on former messages whenever they had the opportunity to do so, he worked in the morning, which caused her to wait a few hours before she can get another response. Then, she would have to put their conversation on hold once more when her grueling night shift started.

She woke an hour earlier than normal in order to capture a few messages with him before he left to work. Seren didn't expect him to be a software architect, it almost blew her mind when he told her about it. He also mentioned how he also considered being a geologist back when he was in school, it was something she would have never guessed.

It simply amazed her how complex his occupation seemed, safely assuming that Hoseok was very intelligent.

Seren

Wow, you're so lucky, I still have one semester

to get through before I can graduate :')

Hoseok

One semester? Come on Seren, that's a breeze.

I'm sure you can get it done as any other.

Seren

Though that's true, sometimes school gets exhausting.

Hoseok

Of course. What are you studying, if you don't

mind me asking?

Seren

I'm studying to be a horticulture therapist.

Hoseok

Oh, wow. I'm going to assume you love plants?

She giggled at his response, her nails tapping against the porcelain cup.

Seren

Lol, exactly. It was something I hadn't heard of

until I explored my options and classes at my uni

but, I'm happy with my choice.

Hoseok

As long as you're happy, that's what matters.

Honestly, life can be great when you find something

you love so much, and can also turn it into a profession.

Seren

I agree with you, Hoseok.

She gave a half smile at his message, turning off her phone and setting it aside when she assumed their conversation was done for the time being. It was disappointing that she wasn't able to speak to him in person, or at least communicate on the phone.

Seren wanted to create plans for a date, but she didn't know how to bring up that conversation.

Where would they go, and what would they do? Dinner and a movie were too repetitive, she wanted to do something else, something that involved them to bond and communicate.

She also wanted it to be simplistic.

Seren checked the time, expecting it to be time for her to get some homework done, already finished with her matcha tea.

She sighed, rising from her chair. "Time for another cup." She grabbed her mug, heading to the kitchen to serve herself one last cup.

Hot water flowed out from the light green teapot, her aunt's favorite old cast iron pot. She had many teapots collected in one filled cabinet that Seren took the time to make sure they were all cleaned and kept tidy.

She frequently used them, wanting to feel as though her life was put together, listening to the hot water gather into her matching green mug. It brought a surfeit of equilibrium, it was a sound she could listen to all day, never getting tired of it.

Her phone rang from the table, making her jump at the sudden sound that blared for her attention.

Seren set the pot down with the cup in her hand, tracing to the table to grab the phone.

It was Namjoon, waiting for her to answer her facetime call.

She swiped, answering his call.

She was met with an unbelievably fluffy white dog, Namjoon's chin gently resting above the fluffy head, a smile engraved on his face.

"Aww, Moni got another grooming?" Seren asked, seeing how clean his fur was.

It was as white as porcelain.

"He did, he's cute, huh?" Namjoon propped the phone up, flipping the camera to show his dog at a sufficient angle.

"Very cute." She giggled, watching him pet his dog. "I bet he's as soft as a cloud."

He flipped the camera back to himself. "Yeah, he's super soft now."

"What's up? How come you haven't called?" Seren asked, her forehead puckered.

She was well aware of how busy Namjoon was at times, but she had to admit it was a little weird when they went a few days without calling each other to have spontaneous conversations.

"Oh, I've been busy with visual arts." He responded without hesitance. "But, I was calling because I wanted to know if you wanted to go with me to a museum?"

She hummed, tampering with the end of her shirt. "Sure, let's go. But, would that be today?"

"Yeah, in the afternoon." He confirmed, staring intently at his phone, likely texting.

"Alright. Can I bring along Jimin?" Seren requested.

"Yeah, yeah. Bring Jimin, he'll definitely wanna tag along." Namjoon encouraged, finishing up his texting.

"Okay, I'll let him know." Seren mumbled, already getting to texting him.

"Aye, what're you doing Saturday night?" He randomly asked.

"Saturday night?" She repeated, eyes flickering in bewilderment. "You already know that's when I have work, I'm only off Sundays."

"Alright, just checking." He mumbled, texting again.

Her eyebrows pinched, finding his arbitrary queries to be rather questionable.

"Why do you-"

"You work Friday night too, huh?" He interrupted.

"Namjoon, why are you asking me all these questions?" Seren watched his face intently.

Namjoon was horrible at keeping secrets, whenever he was hiding something he'd invariably chew his lower lip, absentmindedly shoveling his hands through his straight dark brown hair.

He did none of those things at this time, however.

"No reason. Just curious, Seren." Namjoon claimed, rubbing his lips together as if he applied chapstick.

"Alright..." She concluded, shaking her head.

"Hey, I'll see you later." He spoke, clearing his throat. "I gotta finish a few homework assignments."

"You and me both." Complained Seren, glaring at her laptop that sat above her coffee table.

He chuckled, his deep voice granting her chills. "It's the worst. Alright, I'll call you later."

"I guess I'll be driving us, right?" Seren assumed, her lips curled.

"Yup." His dimples revealed themselves, giving Seren much serotonin.

"Okay, after I pick up Jimin, I'll pick you up." She arranged, fingers finding themselves on her lower lip.

"You're the best." He waved at the camera.

She smiled, waving back. "See you later."

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

29.1K 1.1K 16
𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋 ~ 𝙖 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙞 𝙘𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢. ~𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝗮 𝗴𝗼𝗱'𝘀 𝗰𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲𝗻 𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝗮 𝗴𝗼𝗱'𝘀 𝗰𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗲𝗱~ ~Requests On...
20.2K 1.2K 32
"You are Mine, just mine. I'm ready to kill everyone who comes between us, even if it's my brother,"
5.6K 264 19
"What the-" Her voice stuck in her throat like someone chocked her with so much force. She felt suffocated. She felt her brain spinning. She searched...
702K 30.2K 80
[THIS IS A SEQUEL] After escaping from your crazy stalker, you lived in peace with your friend for several months until you recieve a certain letter...