Meet Me in the Coffee Shop

By pork_katsudon

WARNING: CRINGE-WORTHY MATERIAL Layla Lewis is a normal girl with a perfect life. She has a great job and a b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13

Chapter 12

51 6 3
By pork_katsudon

I don't eat. I don't talk. I don't move from the spot Max left me. I wait for him. He promised me that he would come back. I will wait for him until I die. I lay on the ground and close my eyes.

*******

I awake to the sound of a beeping noise. This time, it's not a bomb. It sounds more like something you would hear in the hospital. I open my eyes and the lights are so bright, that I close my eyes again. I slowly open my eyes and I am, in fact, lying in a hospital bed.

"Oh! You're awake. Welcome back Ms. Lewis," I hear a nurse tell me.
"What happened? Where am I?" I ask with a groggy voice.
"Sweetie, you're in the University of Michigan Hospital in Ann Arbor. Someone found you in a desert far away and brought you here. I'm Anne, by the way," she says, friendly.

I lay my head back on my pillow. I take a deep breath in and exhale. Anne puts a shot in my arm but I don't feel it. It's nothing like the pain of losing my friends.

*******

After a week, I am finally out of the hospital. It took a while to heal me but I'm good as new. I start to walk home but I decide to get a coffee. I order a tall dark roast. I drink my coffee and finish it within minutes. I have a lot of energy so I'll take a walk on the beach.

When I'm on the beach, I feel the breeze in my hair and I hear the waves crash against the shore. My love for nature has never died. Just like my love for Adeline and Maxwell.

Something catches my eye. It's a wine bottle with a note in it. Deep down inside, I have a feeling it's for me. I pick it up and pull the corkscrew off. I open the soggy, folded paper and read the words.

Meet me in the coffeeshop.
~M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
411K 25.6K 39
Let's see how different personalities mends with each other to form a beautifull bond together. Where the Eldest is calm and cold, Second is aggress...
28.8M 915K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...