The Masters Brothers - Driven...

By TheClosetLibrarian

Blake and Simon Masters, all they wanted to do was focus on racing, the rest of the family could play spies b... More

1. Beatrice - Then
2. Blake - Then
3. Simon - Then
5. Beatrice - Now
6. Simon - Now
7. Blake - Now
8. August
9. Beatrice
10. Blake
11. Beatrice
12. Simon
13. Blake
14. Beatrice
15. Beatrice
16. Blake
17. Simon
18. Beatrice
19. Epilogue - 6 Months Later
Feedback and Other Books

4. Beatrice - Between

2.9K 210 1
By TheClosetLibrarian

I groaned as I rolled over and silenced the alarm, I had been up late last night putting the finishing touches to my thesis, nerves and doubts plaguing me, would it be good enough, had I written enough, covered what I needed to, structured and evidenced everything?

knock knock

"Come in" I called, watching as Blake stuck his head around the door.

"Is it safe?" he teased and I groaned again as his hand appeared with a cup of coffee in it, the rich smell bringing me further awake.

"Give" I mutter, pulling myself up into a sitting position as he strolls in and hands me the cup.  I lift it to my nose and inhale the rich scent. "Mmm"

"What time did you finish?" he asks softly perching on the edge of the bed, his finger tracing the dark bags I have no doubt are under my eyes.  "Bea?' he prompts when I don't answer.

"Three...ish" I mutter out and he shakes his head.

"Did you submit it?"

I stay silent until he heads for my laptop, opening it up and logging in

"Hey" I growl , putting the cup down quickly and rushing to snatch it pout of his hands but he holds it up out of my reach.

"Blake!" I snap at him and he grins "Please give it to me... I, I promise to send it in"

"Now?" he queries and I glare as I nod, holding out my hands for the machine, knowing I won't get any peace until I have done what he wants.

He passes me the laptop and I sit down at the desk, clicking into my emails and attaching the files and sending them.  Instantly feeling the relief as I realise its done, nothing I can do now.

I feel his hands gather my hair together into a pony tail and a little pull as he wants my attention, I slip a band off my wrist and pass it to him and he secures my hair back before squatting down so we are at eye level.

"All done?" he queries and I nod.

"All done" I agree.

"And do you feel better?"

I glare at him, he had told me yesterday to send it and I would feel better afterwards and he was right, I just didn't want to give him the satisfaction of knowing that.

"Bea" he growls and I groan.

"All right, yes, you were right, I feel better now its gone" I tell him and can't help but smile as he grins at me.

"Good, now get dressed we want you to come to the track" he laughs out straightening so I have to look up at him.

"Do I have to" I moan, just recently the boys have been making a name for themselves and their following is growing, especially amongst women.  Stood at the track I'd heard enough lewd comments about what these women and some men would like to do with them to make me want to bleach my mind.

"Please" he pouts at me and I laugh out a groan.

"Are your groupies not enough" I mutter and he narrows his eyes.

"Are people making you uncomfortable?" he asks and I can hear the concern in his voice.  I know I could say something and they would make arrangements for me but the last time they had done that the comments I had heard had been brutal, at least away from the pit I had some anonymity.

"Its okay" I try to mask my real thoughts, smiling at him but I know he's seeing through the facade.

"Please come" he pauses "Denver Johnson is coming to watch us today, he has an offer for us, he's setting up a brand new team and is interested in us, both of us.  We need you, you're our lucky charm"

I can see the mixed emotions in his face, excitement, joy, pride along with determination, this is everything they wanted and together.  I knew they had offers but teams normally wanted one or the other, no room for both of them side by side.

"I'll need more coffee, and a shower" I mumble and he laughs pulling me to my feet and swinging me round.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you" he grins and I can't help but smile back.

"How long do I have?" I ask and he looks at his watch, a breed flash of panic crossing it as he stares at his watch.

"umm... shit, sorry, ten minutes"

"Coffee" I tell him and push him towards the door, turning for my ensuite bathroom and shaking my head.

Ten minutes later we are in the car, a to go cup of coffee in my hand as Blake expertly winds his way through the traffic and towards the track.  Simon had gone ahead earlier to make sure everything was set up ready for Denver's visit.

"Are you nervous?" I asked as we drove round to the driver area, parking his car next to Simons.

He turned and smiled at me, reaching over to squeeze my hand "Not now you are here, come one, look Simon's waiting for you"

My gaze turns towards the garages and I can see him looking at us, watching, waiting, even as the people around him keep talking, I know his attention is on us. I open the door and get out, unconscious as ever of the eyes that follow me as I cross the car park to join Simon.

"You submitted it?" he asked softly pulling me into a hug and I nodded against his chest, a wave of emotion hitting me that even as this key time for them they were thinking of me.

"Did Blake tell you?" he whispered as those around us greeted Blake.

"Yes, its wonderful and you both deserve it" I grin back at him before taking a step back as the talk turns to cars and the plan for today.

The Johnson party arrived in three cars, suits in one, security in another and a well dressed couple in the third, Denver Johnson looking around him, his interest clear to see as he helped his wife from the car and held her hand as they came towards us.

The boys manager Derek stepping forward to greet them and make introductions, first the boys, then the crew and finally he remembered that I was standing there with them and he introduced me, my gut tightening at his tone and words, "This is Beatrix" subtle but he deliberately got my name wrong... again..

There had been a moment of silence as their team looked at me, they had recognised the slight and I bit my tongue, this day was too important for him to provoke me into causing a scene.

"Shall..." he started but the boys both stepped away from him and to my side.

"Apologies" Simon snapped out glaring at Derek and I blushed as I saw the confused gazes of the Johnsons.

"What... I don't understand" Derek rushed out.

Blake growled and I raised my hand, putting it on his arm to calm him.  Derek noticing my action and sneering at me.

"You're fired" Blake and Simon said clearly and eerily together.

"What, you can't do that, I didn't do anything" he argues, again glaring at me "is this because of her".

"Its because of your continued lack of respect, for as long as we have been coming her, for as long as you have been working with us, Bea has been at our side, yet you continue to make her feel uncomfortable, you deliberately use the wrong name and you're done, No more"

My gaze moves to the Johnsons, they are watching closely, Mrs Johnson catching my eye and I can see the sympathy in hers.  I just hoped I hadn't cost them this chance.  I should have stayed away from the garage, things like this aways happened.

"You can't do this, we have a contract" he shouts at them and they laugh.

"Not any more, get out!" Simon takes a step towards him and Derek moves back rapidly, the fear flashing across his face.

"I'll sue!" he threatens.

"Go ahead" Blake steps up to Simons side, both of them hiding me from Dereks view now, and I hear him swearing as he storms off.  In the silence that follows I can feel my face heating up, I know this was all my fault.

"Are you okay dear?" a soft voice asks and I raise my head to realise the boys have stepped apart and Mrs Johnson is now in front of me, a look of concern on her face.

I straighten my shoulder and try to smile "Of course, I am sorry you had to witness that" I say, ignoring the muttered growls from Simon and Blake.

"Is there somewhere we can get a coffee" she asks and I tilt my head studying her before nodding. "Good, lets go relax and chat whilst this lot talk cars, shall we" she steps closer and crooks her arm, I lift my eyes to Simon and Blake and they both nod and smile at me, hiding their concern quickly.

"The conference room upstairs is stocked with drinks and some pastries, we will be a while before we come up" Simon tells me and I nod again, leading Mrs Johnson away.

The conference room opened up onto a wide balcony overlooking the track, high enough to be away from the fumes and noise but close enough to see everything that going on.  Call me Rebecca had taken over once we reached the room, kicking off her heels and pouring us both drinks she had steered me into a shady spot before making herself comfortable next to me.

"Has that man treated you like that for long?" she queried and I sighed, debating whether it was wise to tell this woman everything but she drew me in and soon I had told her everything, going beyond Dereks behaviour to how I knew the boys and everything in between.

"Will it put your husband off?" I finally ask the question that is worrying me.

"Oh god no, he has had his eye on those two for years, they could run him over and he would still sign them" she laughs out.  "And the way they stood up for you and dealt with him was a big positive for me, given why we were here they could have done so many other things, ignored it, waited but they didn't, you are important to them and they dealt with it straight on and immediately.  That is the sort of people we want to work with"

By the time the rest of the party joined us we had relaxed and were firm friends, we had watched the boys out on the track in between talking about everything from politics to art and books.

The boys were exuberant, Denver was smiling and his staff all seemed relaxed, the deal was done and everyone was happy and ready to celebrate and I felt proud to be a part of this start of a new journey for them.  I just hoped I would have luck finding a job that I would enjoy as much as they do theirs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77K 5.4K 80
It was 5 years later. Time has changed. The seasons came and gone as did people. With his parents troublesome separation, 19-year-old Kairo was growi...
8.8M 249K 100
Emilia and Lexi were twins but they couldn't be more oppersite if they tried. Emilia was selective mute, she was taught not to speak unless spoken to...
Reunited By Rebecca

General Fiction

281K 11K 29
She had always felt like an out cast, she knew her family hated her but she didn't understand why. maybe it was because they never truly wanted her...
12.9K 386 15
Nobody in the Durance family knew what to do when , instead of one , they were given two . Alex Durance ; social butterfly , the lady killer with a...