His Inconvenient Bride | โœ”๏ธ

By akiimarvelous

| ๐…๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž๐ | Akanksha, a forensic expert and her husband Vihaan, a CBI officer must work together thr... More

| his inconvenient bride |
| character aesthetics |
| part one |
| prologue: unknown wave |
| i: the betrayal |
| ii: best buddies |
| iii: vihaan |
| iv: bond |
| v: fight and care |
| vi: discussion |
| vii: cupid's play |
| viii: the cold pickup |
| ix: the revelation |
| x: remorse |
| xi: dead end |
| xii: riddle |
| xiii: the burnt body |
| xiv: panic |
| xv: vacation |
| xvi: the walk, the talk and the coffee |
| xvii: highway in the woods |
| xviii: change |
| xix: taint |
| xx: city of dreams |
| part 2 |
| xxi: package of horror |
| xxii: comfort amidst the chaos |
| xxiii: real |
| xxiv: new development |
| xxv: a deadly move |
| xxvi: secrets |
| xxvii: memories |
| xxviii: baking |
| xxix: something shady |
| xxx: two can keep a secret |
| xxxi: apology |
| xxxii: the hope of love |
| xxxiii: fear |
| xxxiv: naive |
| xxxv: ruhi parekh |
| xxxvi: guilt |
| xxxvii: the truth under the lie |
| xxxviii: eight years ago- a |
|xxxix: eight years ago-b |
| xl: scars of past |
| xli: the wrong one|
| xlii: happy place |
| xliii: jaipur to mumbai |
| xliv: grave |
| xlv: better late than never |
| xlvi: long distance calls |
| xlvii: trishna rawat - a deadly mystery |
| xlviii: a supporting partner |
| xlix: the cabin in the woods |
| l: surprises and sneak ins |
| li: a twist in the tale |
| lii: the daughter |
| liii: first of firsts |
| liv: the mavericks |
| part 3 |
| lv: cat and mouse |
| lvi: echoes of chaos |
| lvii: remeets |
| lviii: the calm before the storm |
| lx: all in the name of friendship |
| epilogue: his not-so-inconvenient bride |
| final |
| bonus i: love is in the air |
| questionnaire |
| facts that no one wanted to know |
| acknowledgement |

| lix: two can play a game |

3.7K 471 355
By akiimarvelous

"I have waited for eight long years, just for this moment." — Mukesh Agarwal, The Serial Killer, His Inconvenient Bride

Jaipur, India

I came back home with thousands of doubts in my mind. My heart was trembling and I couldn't think straight. Sitting in the confines of my room, I couldn't help but think about it over and over again.

The more I thought of it, the more I was certain that Mukesh Chachu was the serial killer.

I know he saw right through me. I felt my skin crawling in fear. The anxiousness was taking a toll on my body and I sat on the edge of my bed, in a tight posture, my hands fisting the sheets while my toes curled in fear.

My heart was hammering against my chest. I wasn't feeling really good. I had already dialled Vihaan to come back soon. I had toured around nonchalantly to see if everyone was back at home or not.

I was tearing up, I was continuously bobbing my knee up and down, waiting for my husband.

I didn't have a good feeling.

An hour had already passed and I was still waiting for him. The night had fallen and it was a little over eight. My hands were sweaty all of a sudden.

Right then, Vihaan barged into the room. He looked dishevelled, the tiredness on his face was clearly visible.

I just got up from the bed and ran to him, jumping in his arms. Wrapping my arms around his neck I held onto him, pulling him close to me. I could feel his hands moving from my waist to my back, hugging me tightly.

"What happened?" He mumbled. My eyes welled up with tears. I held onto him as if I was hanging onto my life, clutching him so hard that no air could pass between us.

Vihaan forced us to break apart. He looked at me worriedly, cupping my cheeks. "What happened?" I gulped. I was on the verge of breaking down.

"I—" I stopped midway as my eyes moved over to the dressing table. I blinked my eyes to clear my vision before I left Vihaan to walk over to my dressing table.

I plucked out a small black thing that was fixed at the edge of the mirror. Keeping that thing over my palm, Vihaan came forward to check what it was. Like in a second his eyes widened and met mine as he mumbled the word.

Recorder.

I had never seen it before. Or even if it had been in our room for a while, it never crossed my vision, up until now.

Someone was tapping our conversations. Vihaan carefully took the recorder from me and fixed it back to its original position. He flashed his phone to me and I nodded understanding his signal.

My phone pinged a moment later and I read the message that flashed in my notifications.

We need to search the house.

I gave him a nod. We spoke about random things and waited for a while. If someone was listening to us, we had to be natural.

While I sat on my study desk, doing a random thing, Vihaan stood by the door of our balcony. The door knocked and Ramdeen Kaka entered with coffee. I and Vihaan simultaneously heaved a sigh. I took the cup from him and he went over to Vihaan.

I was about to take the first sip when a scream followed by a crash erupted in the room.

I turned to look at what had happened. Ramdeen Kaka was holding his hand and Vihaan's cup was on the floor.

But that didn't catch my attention. What caught my attention was the tattoo over his hand. I got up from my seat and ran over to them.

Clutching over Ramdeen Kaka's hand, I flipped it over, the snake tattoo came to the surface. When I looked him in the eye, it was the same green eyes I spoke about. I looked at Vihaan in shock, who mirrored my expressions. Ramdeen Kaka struggled in my grip and tried to bring his hand closer to his face.

Vihaan immediately pulled out the ring he was wearing in that hand and opened it, chucking the cyanide out of the ring. He pulled out the handcuffs and cuffed him.

The man wriggled, but Vihaan was stronger than him. He dragged him out of the door and I followed him behind. He mercilessly dragged him down the stairs.

"Maa! Swati! Bhai! Papa!" He screamed in the empty hall. "Come down this instant."

I flinched at his tone.

One by one, everyone came downstairs, in a daze. But their expressions changed when they saw Vihaan holding Ramdeen Kaka down.

"What is going on, Vihaan?" Dad asked he quickened his steps approaching him, followed by Viraaj Bhai.

"He is no doubt the serial killer's helper," Vihaan said. "He had cyanide hidden in his ring and also the snake tattoo we were talking about," He showed them the tattoo.

Ramdeen Kaka, no, Ramdeen knelt down silently but I saw his face burning in malice.

Viraaj Bhai crouched on his level and held his collar. "Who is the serial killer?"

Ramdeen didn't say anything. He slowly looked up, only to look me in the eye. His eyes glinted and I slowly stepped forward.

"It's Mukesh Agarwal, right?" My voice trembled at the end, not wanting to hear the answer I was fearing to hear.

He laughed, his voice was full of malice. I staggered in my step, I couldn't speak. Mom let out a gasp as she and Swati rushed to me, holding me in place.

"You aren't too naive, Akanksha," he grunted after said as he got punched in his jaw. "But it's a pity that you don't remember the servant you had thrown out of your house." Initially, I was confused. But then I remembered.

I did fire someone. Someone who peeked into my room while I was changing clothes. It was that very year when everything happened.

That means it all started a long time ago, long before we could imagine. The demon had arose long back but waited for the right moment to come out.

Demon.

I opened Google on my phone. I typed Mukesh in the search section and in a few seconds, multiple websites.

I bit my lip when I read what it meant.

It meant the conqueror of the Muka demon.

He who once killed a monster is one now himself, Trishna's last words in the video resurfaced in my brain. She didn't reveal the name. She told me the meaning of that name.

Trishna Rawat had called me to tell me the truth. But the demon killed her.

Vihaan came to me when Dad and Viraaj Bhai held the man down. He pulled me in a hug, his hand running through my hair.

"Don't break down," he mumbled. "Now isn't the time."

I couldn't break down. I could barely recover from the shock.

There was a snake in my own family. A snake, who ruined those girls, who wanted to ruin me. He was my own uncle, whom I loved and looked up to for years, someone who couldn't even think about hurting me or so I thought.

I couldn't blink. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't speak. My stomach twisted, and an unbearing pain cut through my head, sending tremors down my body.

I felt used, I felt disgusted thinking about times when he dropped a kiss on my cheeks or hugged me tightly. I suddenly felt disgusted by the thought of his presence, the fact that he would have raped me that night.

"Shhh, it's okay," Vihaan cooed in my ear. "Count with me. One, two, three, one, two, three—"

One, two, three.

One, two, three.

I breathed with every number I counted, trying to bring my sanity back. I breathed for the sake of myself, my love, and everything that was left for me.

I regained my senses and turned almost normal but my hands somewhat kept shivering.

"Everyone is home, right?" I asked Vihaan.

"Yes,"

"No," Swati butted in. "Pranav isn't here."

Pranav had told me he would be late today. He had work. But it didn't feel right.

I went to the side and called Pranav. The phone rang, but no one picked up. I called him again.

And again.

And again.

But he never picked up.

I felt weak as if blood had been sucked out of my soul.

No, I shouldn't think anything negative. He must be busy. He sometimes doesn't pick up our calls. It was completely fine.

But no matter how hard I tried to convince myself, I didn't feel good. Having no other option, I dialled Mr. Singh, who was coordinating with Pranav for the arrangements of the marriage.

"Yes ma'am?" He answered.

"Is Pranav there?" I asked him.

"No ma'am," he answered. "Sir left a while ago with Mukesh Sir," I caught my phone in time when I felt it slipping from my hold. My blood ran cold.

And that's when my phone pinged again.

This time, the sender was Pranav himself.

I eagerly opened it only to catch that horrifying image. It was Pranav, tied to a chair, unconscious, his mouth gagged. His shirt was torn and he looked even more miserable.

If you want him to stay alive, come to you know where. Alone.

I covered my mouth with my hand as I kept looking at it. A series of laughter came from Ramdeen, as he watched me going crazy. And despite being hit several times, that sadistic smile never left his face. Blood was dripping out from his mouth and he still smiled through his bloody teeth.

I remembered how desperately I was being provoked by him.

Vihaan took the phone from my hands to see what I had seen. His face morphed into horror as he read and then slowly turned to look at me.

We just stared at each other. His eyes were full of pain, whereas mine was just welling up, blurring everything in my sight.

Vihaan took a step closer to me and put his hand over my shoulders. "I know what your answer will be but, I still want to ask," he gulped, "do you want to stay back?"

"It's always them before anything in this world," I replied without a second thought, and though he looked crestfallen, he nodded.

"I know," he whispered, caressing my face with love. "I understand."

And I am glad that he understood. I was glad that he didn't throw me at the crossroads to choose one.

It was always my Pranav, Aditya and Chirag above everything. No family, not even Vihaan whom I love with all of my heart.

It was always them, it would always be them.

As if I had gained newfound courage, I walked over to Ramdeen and held him by his hair. "If anything happens to him, you don't know what's coming for you," I pushed him back and he grunted again, howling at me.

I would give my all to get him back home, safe and sound.

* * *

Vihaan and I drove the car in silence. Our CBI team was also reaching there, with all the necessary stuff.

"You know I can't lose you," he told me. I could sense that he was trying hard not to cry.

A tear slipped out of my eye. "And I can't lose either of you."

Vihaan cried as he drove, continuously wiping his tears and focusing on the road. My eyes welled up too, the tears were flowing continuously.

I put my hand over his, the one which was on the gear. We cried in silence as we drove to our destination. It was so difficult, the fear of losing everything was gnawing at me inside. But I knew I had to be the bait, to do the things in the right way.

I did not like when Vihaan cried for me, for our love. Our love is supposed to be the support, the aiding light in these dark times. We still had a lot of things to do together.

We had to go on a date.

We had to be a normal couple.

We had to have a happy future ahead, full of love and laughter.

After so many struggles, I got love, I got the truth, but I felt it was slipping out of my hands. I felt like I had a little time in my hand, to get everything back to normal.

My phone vibrated in my hand. My hand trembled when I saw the name.

Chirag.

I picked up and kept the phone on speaker. "We're coming. Viraaj Bhai called us. We are coming by jet. Just wait for forty-five minutes," Chirag spoke in a hurry.

I smiled hearing his voice. "I am already on my way," I felt Vihaan squeeze my shoulder and pat it gently.

"You're not doing that, okay," Aditya spoke angrily. "Please," he begged.

I pressed my lips, stopping myself from crying out aloud. I was on the verge of breaking down, the vulnerability within me was slowly rising up to the surface.

"We should stick to each other right? How can I leave him there?" I sniffled.

"Don't die, please," Chirag cried from the other side.

I shut my eyes, letting the tears flow. "I promise I won't," I bit my lip when I looked at Vihaan, who hadn't stopped crying. "Have I ever told you that I am so grateful to have you all in my life?" my cheeks wobbled when I started speaking. "You're the ones who believed in me. You are the ones who made the cradle for my soul, the very fabric that kept me warm all this while. And so I thank the universe and every star above that we have made our way together, that our life paths are woven so intricately. I am thankful that we haven't left each other's sides till today. I love you all so much. Just hang in there a little longer."

"Don't say all of that, Akanksha!" Aditya screamed at me. "Don't say as if you're going to die."

"Bu—" I stopped as Adi interrupted me.

"No you listen to me, Akanksha Singh Chauhan," he breathed heavily, "I want both of you, each one of you safe. Tomorrow is my birthday and I want all of you with me, healthy and alive. Got it?"

"Y-Yes,"

"Now go and fight the ghost of your nightmares. I don't know the result of this fight but one thing I know is that you both are coming home alive. History will be the proof that the Mavericks gave their everything, all in the name of friendship and came out as the champions of this battle," Aditya's words of motivation helped in a weird way and I wiped my tears.

I hung up the call and saw that we were almost there. Vihaan stopped the car on the highway and I noticed two cars had already reached there.

"The way to the cabin leads from there," Vihaan explained to me, pointing his finger toward the right. I followed the direction where his finger pointed and noticed that armed officers had already lined up there.

I stopped Vihaan when he was about to get out of the car. "Wait," he sat back in his seat.

"What happened?" He asked me.

I smiled through my tears, shaking my head. "When all of this gets over, take me out on a date— a proper date."

Vihaan nodded, dropping a chaste kiss on my forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too."

We finally got out of the car and joined the crew. Ahad handed me a small recorder. "Just record what you can," he said and stepped back.

Mayank came forward and handed me a pocket knife. "Hide it safe and use it well." I gave him a weak smile.

Amar came and handed me a torch. "We don't know the fate of this plan. Just make sure you and Pranav come out alive. We'll handle the rest," I nodded at him.

Vihaan gave me directions to the cabin. The night had fallen and the forest was dark. Absolutely nothing was visible if there weren't the street lights.

I turned to look at my team before I headed out into the jungle.

"If I don't come within an hour, send out the troops," I was given thumbs and I was ready to go.

Passing a final smile towards my husband, I blinked my eyes, assuring him that everything will be fine. If things would have been under his decision, he would have never let me go.

I knew he was just trying to keep a brave face but I saw the fear in his eyes. His goddamn beautiful eyes. That beautiful pair of earthy-brown eyes which told me whether he was worried or relieved, sad or happy.

I never loved any man so much in my life.

I promise you Vihaan that I'll come back safe with Pranav and we will go on a date.

Slowly stepping into the woods, I first made sure to insert the recorder into my bra. I tucked the pocket knife into my waist, my kurta was loose enough for someone to notice if I had anything under it.

The twigs cracked as I went on walking deeper into the jungle, following the directions that Vihaan had given. The torch that Amar had given me, helped me a lot to get a clear vision in the dark woods and relatively decreased my fear of darkness.

Thankfully, this forest was devoid of animals, which made things subsequently easy for me to make my way to the cabin.

But the eerie noise of bats wasn't very welcoming. My throat was already feeling dry. The weather was windy today. The trees were unnecessarily rustling in the dark.

The cool air in the middle of the forest was beyond scary but I kept going on, just for Pranav's sake.

Just hang in there, Pranav Sharma. Your best friend is coming for you. From a distance, the cabin suddenly came into my view.

But I stopped in my tracks. The thought of facing my Uncle bothered me. I just didn't feel good.

"Searching for me, are we?" An arm looped around my shoulder. It was my Uncle Mukesh, smiling maliciously.

Something within me rattled, something like a poke or rustle of the leaves near my ear, something that made a shiver run down my spine. It was an uncanny moment, a wave of pain seared through my head.

And then, my deepest buried old memories resurfaced which I thought I had forgotten.

Here ends the maybe third (maybe) last chapter. I roughly have two more chapters to go so I should see how that turns out. In an unexpected twist in the tale, I had always wanted to make a servant who had a grudge like the tattooed man. But I had sketched an entire character but things turned out differently.

The chapter was somewhat emotional for me, I cried a lot in some instances. Maybe because I hadn't written something like this before in my life or maybe I was too sleepy.

As some of you may have deduced by now, the next chapter is very crucial. In fact, the next two chapters are really crucial.

So VOTE AND COMMENT SO THAT I CAN DELIVER THE NEXT CHAPTER REALLY FAST. Comment a heart letting me know that you loved the chapter.

What's your comfort food? Mine is pasta.

With Love,

Akii.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.3K 8.3K 20
( On Every Sunday) First Book of Her Series Meet our Boss Lady Eshana Shekhawat WELCOME TO journey.... Of Eshana and Armaan .. When Life made her...
348K 31.9K 59
Welcome to my first General Fiction WEDLOCK BY FATE! "Don't provoke me you Short Cake!" He snorted. "What if I provoke you Longosaur?" I grunted. "I...
16.3K 1.6K 10
๐“˜ ๐“ฏ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ช๐”‚ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ผ๐“ท๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ถ๐”‚ ๐“ผ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ต. ๐“ ๐“พ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐”‚. ๐““๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“น๐“ต๐”‚. ๐“‘๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐”‚. _________โ˜…...
586K 37.3K 35
(#1 Unwanted Series) ||Arranged Marriage Romance|| "Open it." She said in her commanding tone, as my hand made towards her ๐’Œ๐’‚๐’Ž๐’‚๐’“๐’ƒ๐’‚๐’๐’… to ope...