The Summer I loved.. || Jerem...

By thebookishslut

~ It's always 1 step forward , 3 steps back. ~ - Jeremiah Fisher - The summer I turned pretty Do you love me... More

cast
Counting Summers.
Beach traditions
Deb's dinner dose.
BonFire.
Like it, Get it.
Tea time.
Breaking Bad.
to infinity and beyond
Lore of the Rings.
Birthday Bash.
The morning after.
The daughter she never had.
The flight of independence.
The Day of Suprises. pt. 1
The Day of Suprises. pt. 2
Deck it up.
If things were different.
Reason to stay.
mother to all
Kiss and tell.
Hit or Miss
Ice cream talking.
Why would you do that?
My girl's a debutante.
All's well that ends well
Author's note.

Worst Date Ever.

1.2K 10 6
By thebookishslut

Song-  Don't be shy by KAROL G, Tiesto

"Joe, you have to get home. it's summer. Everybody's back home." I speak on the phone as the boys played Video games sitting on the couch. "I'll be there soon. It's just. I didn't know there'll be so much work here. I'll be there in time for Laurel's book party. I'll see you there." Joe says before disconnecting the call. "I-" I get cut off. 

I flop next to Conrad. "Hey, how was the tea?" He asks, letting me get cosy under his arm. "I hated it. I've never hated something so much. All the girls were bitches, they wouldn't even talk to me." I throw my hands up in irritation. "The only good one was Shayla, we are friends now." I tease Steven. "Shayla and you are friends?" Steven loses focus and looks at me. I hum a yes. "I've got Nicole as my big sister deb and to ice it all up Gigi's there. Ugh, Fuck me." I grab the controller from Conrad's hand and start killing the zombies myself, not keeping any for Jeremiah and Steven. 

"See you later guys." We hear Belly. Jeremiah and I turn. He gets up and goes to greet her. "Are you kidding me- yeah no completely abandon the game, Jere?" Steven speaks. Conrad hits my head, "Focus." "You look hot." Jeremiah twirls her. 

"Hey stop flirting with my sister." Steven turns. "Shut up steven." "No, you shut up. You do look good though." Steven compliments her which makes me look up at Conrad. "You driving with us or will you meet us there?" I question from my place. "I'm not going to the book party. I'm going to a drive-in" Belly answers. 

"A drive-in?" I kneel on the bed and turn to look at her. "A date?" I add a question.  She nods smiling. "I'm your best friend, why don't I know about this?" I look heartbroken. "I wanna go on a date too," I say flopping down. "We can go to a movie?" Conrad suggests. "Nah, I'll wait for Simon." I smile and get back to the game. "Have fun, Belly..." I shout. 

"Belly." I stand abruptly, remembering something and run towards her. "Make good choices," I say and hug her. "I'm so proud of you." I hold her and wipe an imaginary tear. her phone rings and she checks it saying bye, she leaves. 

_ ) _) _) _) _) _) _) _) _) _) _

"What is that?" I peak from behind Conrad. "Can I?" I grab the glass from his hand and down it. "Bad day?" He questions before pouring another glass and downing it himself. "Pour some more." I point at my glass. "Really bad day." He nods pouring some more. 

"Why are we pounding Chardonnay?" I ask him confused after a few glasses. "Bad day." He toasts. Laurel calls Conrad to her table. "Wait up for me," Conrad says keeping the bottle down. I walk toward the couch and find Jeremiah and Steven sitting. 

I stare at them, Jeremiah looks at me and raises his eyebrow. I flop down on his lap. "I'm bored." I rest my head on his shoulder. I leave my legs over Steven's tighs. "Behave." He pushes away. "Stevie hates me." I cry out to Jeremiah. "He doesn't hate you." Jeremiah moves me away from Steven and completely on his lap. "Why is he not saying that. You hate me, Steven, don't you?" I snatch the phone out of his hands. 

"I don't hate you, Georgia." He looks at me disappointedly. "Why are we hating Peach?" Conrad joins us. "Steven hates me," I state. "Why do you hate her?" Conrad turns to him surprised. "I don't." Steven defends himself. "You have hated me ever since we broke up. You hate me so much that you call me Georgia. Everybody else calls me Peach but you." I say disgusted by my own name. 

"It's not that, Georgia." Steven tries to speak but I interrupt him. "You still won't call me Peach." I cry out. "Georgia, you're clearly drunk. You should probably go home." Steven suggests. 

"Jere bear, do you hate me?" I brush my fingers down his face. I bite my lips at the thought of his face so close to mine. 

I find him staring at my lips and then back into my eyes.  "Yo, this shit is so boring. Can we go somewhere?" Conrad interrupts our staring match. "Yeah, Where?" Steven asks. "We could go into town? Idk, buy some weed from that guy with a rainbow dash tattoo." Jeremiah looks at him. "Weed sounds awesome." I chime from Jeremiah's lap.  

"Does it really?" Joe's voice sends a sobering chill down my spine. "Joe, you came." I try standing up and stumble. Steven catches me before I planted my face on the floor. "Get her out of here. I'll stay with Laurel and Susannah." Joe suggests. "Let's go." Conrad slides his hand over my waist and guides me out of the book shop.  

"What about the drive-in?" I suggest once we were outside. "Peach no. Belly will be there. I don't wanna see her hooking up with someone in  the backseat of a minivan." Jeremiah cringes. "oh yeah, I totally forgot Belly's having her first date, which we totally shouldn't spoil. So yeah, No. No drive-in." I slur. 

"Yo, actually let's go to the drive-in." Conrad seconds the suggestion. "Wait actually?" Steven questions, excitedly. "Guys.." Jeremiah looks at them disappointedly. "No guys.." I shake my head. "Oh come on Peach," Steven says taking my hand and dragging me to the car. 

I listened like an idiot because he called me Peach. 

What girl spoils her best friend's first date? The worst ones I guess. 

Conrad and I sit in the back, clearly drunk. Jeremiah takes his place in the passenger seat and Steven drives. 

Halfway through my phone rings, so I look at who could possibly be calling me and see Simon's name flash. It was a Facetime. "How do I look?" I panic. "Great and drunk." Steven answers. "Oh no. I'm drunk. Why didn't you stop me?" I slap the phone in Conrad's hand and ask him to answer. "I'm not answering your boyfriend's call." he throws it back to me. "Oh no. I can't let him know I'm drunk. I have to distract him." I say looking around. 

I quickly unbutton my shirt and pull my hair to the side. "Peach Gross..." Conrad shouts in the back. "Stay shut Connie." I shush him. Steven looks back through the mirror and averts his eyes back to the road. Jeremiah turns to look back and stares. 

"What are you doing?" he questions. "Distract Simon from the fact that I'm drunk," I say before answering the call. "Hey baby," I say quickly. "Woah, Georgy were you at a party or something? You look hot, babes." Simon's voice fills in the car and every other boy disgusted, looks out. "Just Laurel's book party." I try to sound sober. "So where are you now? Looks like a car." He states. "A car? yeah, a car. Steven's car. We are heading to a drive-in." I say and instantly regret it.

"You- uh you with Steven?" He questions. "Why are you with Steven?" He adds on. "Georgia, I know he is your ex. Why are you going out with him? And to a drive-in, are you out of your mind? Did you forget you were in a relationship and bounced back to your ex?" Simon starts accusing me. "Simon, it's not like that. Conrad and Jeremiah are here too." I say softly. "More guys, that's comforting," Simon speaks angrily. "Simon, I'm sorry, ok," I say too quiet for him to hear. 

"Are you drunk?" He questions.

 "Why would you ask me that?" I question him looking away. "Because Georgia, you are shirts unbuttoned, you're in your ex's car with 3 fucking dudes and you just said sorry Simon," he repeats all the wrongs in the situation. "Georgia, can I ask you something?" He questions. I nod a tear slipping through my eyes. "Do you want me to come there for your birthday? Because your actions clearly indicate otherwise." Simon says. 

"Hey dude, how about you fucking shut that trap now and stop bothering her." Conrad snatches my phone and disconnects the call. 

"Conrad, give me back my phone." I fight for it. "No." He says. "Conrad give me my phone back." Tears threaten to spill from my eyes. He looks at me sorrily and then hands me my phone. I dial Simon and keep dialling but he doesn't answer. 

I slide down the seat. "You had no right to do that," I whisper softly. "This is my fault? Peach that guy was a douche bag." Conrad defends himself. "He is my boyfriend, he is not a douche bag. Don't talk to me." I say crying in the backseat. "Peach you deserve better," Steven says from the driver's seat. "I deserve better." I laugh at the sentence. "Jeremiah? Do you have anything to add? Tell me what a dick my boyfriend is or how I should deserve better?" I lean forward and wait for him to say something. He nods his head as we reach the drive-in. 

I flop back in my seat as Steven parks beside the car Belly was in. They start making kissing noises, teasing her. "Real mature guys," I say as I wipe the continuous tears flowing down my face. Isa gets out of her car and walks towards ours. "What the hell do you think you are doing?" Belly opens the driver's door and shouts. 

"Catching the end of our favourite movie." Steven laughs. "You have no right. You have to go." She looks back. "Oh, Belly relax we were just joking around." Jeremiah joins in. "Why is Peach crying?" She points at me. "Because I'm a whore. Get it. I'm a big motherfucking Whore." I cry some more. "Take her home guys. Steven If you don't leave right now. I will send everyone a link to your Dramione fanfic." Belly threatens. 

The idea of Dramoine was funny, but the fact that Steven would write fanfic on it was crazier. I chuckled, while the other laughed at the fact. 

"You wouldn't." Steven looks at Isa seriously. "He spent an entire chapter talking about Draco's wand," Belly stressed the word wand. "bro-" Conrad hit the back of his seat, while Jeremiah fell into a fit of laughter. I couldn't quite control myself either. "Steven. bro don't be ashamed." Jeremiah says. "Draco's hot." Both me and Jeremiah say at the same time. "Belly, please send me the link. I bet Audrey would love to read it." I giggle. 

"You were crying remember." Steven looks back. "Well not anymore." I clutch my stomach as I laugh it out. 

"Hey seriously. You need to leave,"Belly looked Conrad square in the eyes. He nods with an understanding. "Let's go guys," Conrad commands. "Wait what?" Steven and Jeremiah turn to look at us in the back. "I told y'all she'll be pissed," I say. "It was your idea Georgia," Steven states. 

"Wait a minute, what do you mean it was Georgia's idea? I can't believe this." Belly throws her hands in the air. "My own best friend sabotaged my date because her boyfriend doesn't even care."Belly accused me. "Belly it's not that. I was drunk." I defend myself. The boys fall silent as she starts arguing with me. 

"You still are drunk Georgia. Doesn't change the fact that you came here to sabotage my first date, just because your boyfriend doesn't give a fuck about you. Simon doesn't care, Steven's moved on, now you know you don't have anyone. So now you ruin the one thing good in my life so I can be just as miserable as you are."Belly hisses. Fresh hot tears gush down my eyes. 

"Fuck you, Belly," I say before grabbing my stuff and getting out of the car and running away. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 134 42
Going to cousins beach for the summer was always the best part of the year, especially since they had been going since they were kids, where the Fish...
3.7K 39 28
A take on the TV series "The Summer I Turned Pretty" where Kirsten Stark finally goes back to Cousins Beach. What she doesn't realize is how everythi...
15K 221 17
emmy conklin had been going to the summer house in cousins ever since she was born, and every summer she'd go there and fall even deeper in love with...
111K 1.7K 21
| CRUEL SUMMER | Rosalie Baker spent her summers in Cousins Beach, alongside the Conklin and the Fisher family. This summer however changes everythin...