Loving You is A Losing Game |...

By bangtanslostslipper

"So you're telling me all this time you had no feelings for me? Are you fucking kidding me?" "Seeing the affe... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69 (Letters)
70
71
Epilogue

56

230 17 4
By bangtanslostslipper

"Ayo hyung I got news-"

San's words got stuck in his throat the moment he moved around, originally expecting to face his boss only, but seeing another familiar face next to Minho's.

"Oh- wait.. Han Jisung?" He asked with a confused tone. "What are you doing with him?" The last question being directed towards Minho.

"Yes. You can leave now. I'll contact you later."

Minho patted his younger friend's shoulder, passing a sign to shut his mouth with a stern glare too.

"Okay! Got it." San laughed horrified as he started getting his stuff to leave the room as soon as possible. "Will talk to you tonight then. Bye, hyung!"

Waving at the older for the last time, San finally dashed out of the room, leaving Jisung with a sighing Minho.

"Who.. was that?"

Jisung had been standing there, watching the whole quick exchange unfold in front of his eyes and now that the stranger was gone he finally decided to open his mouth.

"No one." Minho responded before going to sit down in his office chair.

Jisung frowned but decided not to push. He didn't have the right to after all.

Minho looked up from his laptop to see the younger fiddling with his suit sleeves, awkwardly standing in the middle of the room.

He let out a small sigh. "You can sit here." He said while pointing towards the chair in front of his desk.

Jisung nodded before following the older's instructions.

"I thought I told you to keep me living a secret. Why does that.. guy earlier know my name?" He asked after a while of sitting in silence.

"Is you being here not enough proof for people to know that you're alive?"

Well not. Because it's all dad's people anyways-

Instead of what was in his mind, Jisung decided to not respond to that.

Minho's eyes drifted from his laptop to the male in front of him again at the silence. "Say.." he decided to change topics. "Why are you here?"

"What do you mean?"

"You were a medical student. Why are you here during business deals?"

Minho saw as Jisung bit down on his lips to think for a brief answer to explain his situation the best he could.

"I'm here only because dad wanted me to. He kinda wants me to succeed his business I guess.."

"Sucks to be you." Sucks to be you too, Minho. "Did you finish MBBS though? Or are you actually planning to join business?"

Jisung shook his head. "I have no intention of joining him. And yeah I'm done with MBBS, already enrolled for my FCPS degree."

"That's good."

Jisung swore he saw a small smile of pride appear on the older's features that faded as soon as it appeared.

"It's good because I won't have to waste my time teaching you then. You can sit here till you have to go." Minho stood up from his seat. "I have to go."

"Where?" The question came out of Jisung's mouth before he could stop himself.

Minho halted in his steps to look back at the restless younger looking up at him expectantly.

"It's none of your business."

He was about to go away when a hand grabbed his wrist.

"Is it the guy from earlier?" Jisung knew he was overstepping boundaries but he couldn't help the pool of ridiculous questions flowing out of him. "What's your relationship with him?"

He had this clear tone of jealousy present in his voice, a plea to know more about what's happening in the older's life.

Minho saw it too and it made him furious. Who was Jisung to talk to him like this after shattering him into pieces over and over again?

Even now when his heart ached and yearned for the younger yet he had to restrict himself.

"Fucking Leave Me Alone."

Minho's tone was dangerous as he pulled on the hand that was holding his wrist, making Jisung tumble towards him.

Time froze for the both of them as the close proximity allowed them to finally look into each other's eyes.

Those round eyes that Minho missed so much were now trembling, tiny droplets of tears starting to gather.

Looking into those eyes, Minho knew he was missing out on a lot of details of the younger's life.

The urge to unravel those secrets overpowered anything present in Minho's heart at that moment.

And it was scary.

"I'm leaving."

Letting go of the younger, Minho strode away towards his previously thought destination.

Jisung stood there for a few more minutes, processing the flow of thousands of different emotions in Minho's eyes.

So many of them unrecognisable to him.

And it scared him the most.

...

Minho walked out of his room, mostly to get away from Jisung because the more he saw that face the greater the desire to cry became.

He was on his way outside as he had already planned the afternoon with someone.

Chan to be exact.

Amidst everything going on lately, Minho hadn't had the chance to meet up with the latter in a long time.

There were things he needed to know too and he knew only Chan could help him with those.

After a half an hour drive, Minho reached Chan's house around 4 in the afternoon.

He was about to knock on the older's door when it opened from inside by someone else coming out, making them stand face to face.

"Oh, Minho hyung! Long time no see."

Minho smiled at the younger. "Hello, Jeongin."

"I was about to go home when Chan hyung said you were coming. You guys haven't hung out in a long time."

Minho had always known how the jeongchan couple had their fair share of troubles but it never occurred to him how healthy these two were when it came to relationships.

It was fascinating.

"C'mon let's get inside." Minho implied for the younger to come in with him. "Let's all hangout together. You don't have to go."

Chan was sitting on his couch when the two boys entered the living room.

"Chan, why were you shooing Innie just cuz I was coming?"

"Minho!" Chan stood up and ran to his best friend to give him a big hug. "I wasn't. He insisted himself."

"You guys catch up. I'll make coffee for everyone." Saying that and with a wave, Jeongin scurried to the kitchen to prepare coffee for their guest.

"Come, sit down."

Minho sat down on the couch with a big sigh as if finally he was somewhere he could breathe normally.

"So what's up, mate? You totally forgot about me." Chan started, sitting down beside Minho himself.

"Not like you were any better, Mr. Best friend."

Chan scoffed. "Well, yes, Mr. Smartpants as far as I remember I was the one to send the last text!"

"Ohoo!" Minho scoffed back. "Damn you're as childish as ever hyung."

"Admit that you forgot me then."

"I didn't! I was busy with stuffs."

"ⁱ ʷᵃˢ ᵇᵘˢʸ ʷⁱᵗʰ ˢᵗᵘᶠᶠˢ" Minho saw in disbelief as the older mimicked his words. "Whatever, you're forgiven."

And as soon as a bright smile spreaded across Chan's face, both of them broke into a fit of laughter.

Oh how long it had been since Minho laughed in such a pure manner.

He missed this. He missed Chan.

There will never be enough words to describe how much I'm in debt to you, Chan.

"Earth to Minho!"

Breaking away from his thoughts, Minho saw Chan moving his hands in front of him in an attempt to break his trance.

"What were you thinking?"

"Nothing, hyung." Minho laughed. "So how are you doing?"

"I'm doing great actually. Changbin and I had been hitting of work very well. I'm thinking of renovating the back part of the house this summer."

Hearing that made the younger feel a sort of pride for some reason.

He smiled. "Cool. I see you and Jeongin have been doing well too?"

This made Chan laugh embarrassingly and scratch his head before he replied, "Well, yeah.. we got closer than before you could say haha."

It was true.

Since the incident in the party a few months back, Chan and Jeongin's relationship had turned to the best and they couldn't have been happier for that.

Minho was happy to hear that too. But he wondered if the older was aware of the incident between Hyunjin and Jeongin or not.

As if reading his mind, Chan immediately added, "I guess you know about the thing with Hyunjin since you're dating Seungmin? Well it was-"

"Wait hold up-" Minho couldn't help cutting the other's words. "HOW DID YOU KNOW I'm with Seungmin?"

"WELL BITCH DID YOU THINK YOU COULD HIDE IT FOREVER!?" Chan shouted back, equally mad.

"Woah woah why are yall yelling?" It was Jeongin this time who had just entered the living room, catching the two best friends yelling at each other.

He placed the tray on the coffee table before handing everyone their mugs.

"Thank you, Innie." Both the olders said at the same time with a smile of gratitude.

"Minho here can't believe I know about his little relationship." Chan scoffed.

Jeongin laughed. "It was me who told Chan hyung. Hyunjin hyung found out about it that day in the mall when he accidentally met Seungmin hyung. I was there too."

"I see.. so that means you're on good terms with.. Hyunjin now?" Minho asked carefully.

"That's what I was about to say when you interrupted," it was Chan who replied. "The thing in the party was a huge misunderstanding and both Innie and I accepted Hyunjin's apology."

Chan briefly explained everything to Minho then.

After knowing everything, Minho felt horrible. So basically he just came in between Seungmin and Hyunjin's relationship?

Especially when he couldn't offer real feelings towards the younger..

A misconception that could've been solved with a few talks, he helped the younger stroll it further.

In all honesty, Minho just wanted to disappear.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

362K 15.1K 58
Both Minho and Jisung had been single for a while. But that was about to change when their shared friend decided to introduce the two. Text & Normal...
77.6K 2.3K 25
- I'm not dumb and I won't fall for your flirting! - Wait and see, Han. At a party Jisung meets Minho, a fuckboy who tries to seduce him. Jisung exac...
79.2K 2.7K 65
Lee Minho. A guy with past traumas that will make him being mean to everyone. Even to his friends but they don't really care... Unlucky thats not the...
91.8K 3.6K 55
Minho only wanted one thing: revenge. He was going to kill Jisung and he thought nothing could stop him. But then, his plan for revenge takes an un...