Ruby and I

By RubyAbstract

Following the engagement of Clark and Ruby, the story takes readers on a rollercoaster ride as the couple fac... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46

chapter 26

927 20 2
By RubyAbstract

One nightmare. One dreadful nightmare, and it shattered Clark. A flashback of Mandy was terrible enough, but seeing her in his dreams was something he could never endure. Then, during a couple of weeks, when Ruby thought Clark was slowly starting to feel like himself again, he shuts down again. He's been lacking sleep, barely eating, and hasn't shown much affection like he usually does. All that was ever exchanged was short kisses. To get his mind off his trauma, he's been working nonstop at Interfire. But he hasn't been doing so well at work, either. Finally, Walter enters his office to see Clark completely knocked out in his chair.

"Hey, Clark? Wake up, buddy." Walter said, tapping his shoulder.

Clark quickly wakes up and urgently gets out of his chair.

"I'm up! I'm up! What do I need to do?" Clark asked frantically.

Walter sits him back down in the chair. "Woah! Calm down! You don't have to do anything. I just wanted to ask you how you were. You've been acting off. I mean, sleeping on the job? Staying here for so many hours? I appreciate your dedication, but I need you to take care of yourself. I can't have my most loyal employee lose himself daily." he said.

"I'm okay, Walter. I promise I am. I want to keep working on this game so it can be released in about two months, like you said." Clark said.

"Yes, it will! And since we're getting close to finishing it, you don't have to keep working on it! You have given us so much material to work on, so now, you leave it to me and my team to do the final touches." Walter said.

"Wait, really? Should I be working with your team then?" Clark asked.

"You could, but I want you to go home and get some rest. And when you're fully energized and feeling like the Clark I know, you are more than welcome to work with us." Walter said.

"Well then, I won't really feel like I'm doing anything," Clark said with despair.

"Nonsense! You have done a lot for us, and we cannot thank you enough. From the moment you stepped into my office, I knew you were gonna be 'it,' and now look what you've done! Darkpolis will be the new face of Interfire, and everyone will know your name." Walter said.

"I don't know. I don't wanna leave you guys with all this work." Clark said.

"I'll tell you what, you go on your hour break, and when you come back, we'll be waiting for you to join us," Walter said.

"Oh, thank you! Thank you so much!" Clark said.

"You're welcome. Now go! Enjoy your break!" Walter said.

"Will do!" Clark said before leaving.
_____________________________
Meanwhile, Ruby was hanging out with Alexa and Trevor at their house.

"Mama! Mama!" Daniella said.

"Yes, sweetie?" Alexa asked.

"Can I have a cookie?" Daniella asked, pointing at the jar on the counter.

Alexa picks Daniella up, sets her on the counter, and gives her a cookie. Ruby reaches into the jar and grabs one for herself.

"You always get a cookie when Daniella does," Trevor said with a laugh.

"Because I never crave one until she mentions it," Ruby said with a laugh.

"So how is the 'bride-to-be?' It's been a minute," Alexa said.

"I'm good. Just working and planning this wedding." Ruby said.

"How's that going?" Trevor asked.

"Pretty good. We're about halfway finished." Ruby said.

"Aww, I cannot wait to see you get married! How's the future hubby? I haven't seen him in a while either." Alexa said.

"Well, uh...I really don't know at this point, Alexa." Ruby said.

"Woah, that's not how you usually talk about him. What's going on?" Alexa asked.

"Something happened," Ruby said.

"Something like what?" Alexa asked.

Ruby looks over at Daniella. "Maybe we shouldn't have this conversation in front of her," she said.

"Good idea. Trevor, take Dani to the living room to play," Alexa said.

"Alright. Come on, pumpkin! Let's go play dollies!" Trevor said, picking up Daniella and going to the living room.

"Okay, so what happened?" Alexa asked.

"One night, we were having sex in the playroom, and then I decided to tie him to a chair to, you know...ride him. It went well until Clark panicked and ran out of the room. I didn't understand why he did, but then I told Xavier about it, and then he told me that he was going through PTSD when Mandy assaulted him. So I spoke to Clark, apologized for triggering that memory, and suggested he go to therapy, but he said he didn't want it." Ruby said.

"He didn't? Why?" Alexa asked.

"I don't know. But I didn't wanna keep pushing him, so I left it alone. But then, Clark had a terrible nightmare about Mandy, which ruined him. So he's not getting enough sleep, he's always working, and when it comes to showing affection, all he does is give me a quick kiss. And you know me, Alexa, I live for physical affection, but I'm afraid of touching him in any way, whether it's sexual or not, because I don't want to scare him." Ruby said.

"I don't think you'll scare him. He has no reason to be scared. You're so good to him, and you would never hurt him." Alexa said.

"But it still feels like I did," Ruby said.

"Ruby. You know that's not true. Who was the one that manipulated him? Who was the one who kidnapped him? Who was the one that assaulted him? Mandy. Not you. Stop blaming yourself for what she did." Alexa said.

"But it's all my fault. If I had just opened my fucking mouth and told him that I loved him when he opened up to me, he would've never gone to Mandy...and she would've never harmed him. So it's because of me that it happened." Ruby said, welling up with tears.

Alexa hugs Ruby before she can get a tear out. "No, Ruby. Stop it. Stop it right now. You know, and I know that this was something you could not control. Some crazy people in the world do fucked up things. Mandy is one of them. But she's gone now. That bitch is in jail, so you and Clark can move on from this." Alexa said.

"But he doesn't want to, Alexa. That's what I'm saying. I want him to talk to someone so that he can recover. I can't just go back home to Clark and pretend he's fine. That is if I see him tonight." Ruby said.

"I know you don't wanna hear this, but I think you should talk to him about therapy again," Alexa said.

"I tried Alexa. He doesn't want it." Ruby asked.

"He says that now, but what happens after he has another nightmare? Or has another panic attack? He's just gonna keep breaking down, and I know you love him way too much to let that happen." Alexa said.

"I do love him," Ruby said.

"Then what are you gonna do?" Alexa asked.

Ruby knew deep down inside that Clark needed it. Seeing his demeanor crumble broke her, and she would do anything to prevent it from happening again, even if it meant pushing Clark a little to talk to someone. This was for the sake of their potential marriage.

"I'm gonna help him. I don't want this to ruin us," Ruby said.

"And soon enough, you and Clark will be together on one of the most important days of your lives. You two might be going through a rough time right now, but like before, you guys can get through this. And you deserve a happy ending." Alexa said.

Ruby can feel her eyes start to water again, hearing those encouraging words from her best friend. She pulls her in for a warm hug.

"Thanks, Lexa," Ruby said.

"You're welcome, Red. Here, have another cookie," Alexa said, sliding the jar to her.

"Don't mind if I do!" Ruby said before grabbing another.

I haven't done a Ruby and Alexa chapter in a while! Do you agree with Alexa? Should Ruby take him to therapy before it's too late?
Vote! Comment! Follow! Share!
Bye!💋
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYBODY! I HOPE YOU HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME WITH THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE! And get ready for more chapters❤️😉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 6.8K 99
Hannah And her Happy Harem After spending her entire life training to become an Olympic level gymnast only to suffer one too many injuries for her bo...
412K 9.9K 90
**WARNINGS!** Strong sexual content included. Relationships in this story are based mostly on BDSM lifestyle, The main relationship between Jackson...
962K 19.7K 57
She wants to be called "Mistress". He wants to be called "Her Good Boy". She hypnotized him. He fell into her trap. She's superior. He's inferior. Sh...
3.3M 97.3K 83
🖤Book 2 of the 'Blackstone' series🖤 • • • 🔥Highest Ranking🔥 #1: -Adult -Employer -Raunchy #4: -Rated-R #5: -Flower ******************** ⚠️Trigge...