Ruby and I

By RubyAbstract

Following the engagement of Clark and Ruby, the story takes readers on a rollercoaster ride as the couple fac... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46

chapter 24

983 29 2
By RubyAbstract

While Ruby was working at Moonshine, Clark, Faye, and Gabe were enjoying their day off, hanging out at Gamer's Club, and playing a speed racing game.

"Whoo! I won! Suck it!" Gabe hollered.

"No fair! I almost had it!" Faye whined.

"Yeah, exactly! 'Almost." meaning you did until I snatched the win. So haha!" Gabe teased.

"Alright, Mr. Cocky. Let's get some food," Clark said with a laugh.

The group orders their usual platter of nachos and sodas and sits at their favorite booth with the throw pillows.

"So, what's the update with Darkpolis?" Faye asked.

"Oh yeah! From what I'm seeing, Walter has been so happy with this new game! So what's been going on?" Gabe asked.

"Oh, you know, I'm just getting these graphics done and giving them to Walter. It's no biggie." Clark said nonchalantly.

"Well, what the hell are you putting into those graphics? Every time he sees them, it's like he's seeing God." Gabe said.

"I mean, I guess he's been more impressed with my work. He even offered me a raise to stay a little longer to finish an assignment." Clark said.

"A raise? Like 5%?" Gabe asked.

"10," Clark said.

Faye spits out her soda, and Gabe nearly chokes on a chip.

"10%??" Gabe asked.

"Is that such a shocker?" Clark asked.

"I don't think I ever heard of anyone getting a raise higher than 5% in this company. Ever!!" Faye said.

"You truly must be something special! What are you gonna do with a paycheck??" Gabe asked with excitement.

"I don't know. Probably spend it on the wedding. Or maybe even the honeymoon." Clark said with a smile.

"Aww, that's nice! How is the missus?" Faye asked.

"She's...doing good," Clark said.

"You sure?" Faye asked.

"Yeah! She's just a little stressed over the wedding, that's all." Clark said, trying to avoid giving any details about their incident.

"That's understandable! Walter hasn't been keeping you from her, right?" Gabe asked.

"Well...that one time I stayed late, I didn't show up for a meeting with the wedding planner, but I definitely do not plan on missing anymore!" Clark said.

"Okay, good. Because I would hate for this job to get in the way of your relationship. You guys are so cute together!" Faye said.

"Thanks, Faye," Clark said, trying to hide his blush.

Gabe's phone buzzes, and he goes to check it, followed by rolling eyes and a groan. "Theo and Damien can suck my balls at this point," he said.

"Why? What's going on?" Faye said, controlling her laughter.

"They are always on my ass about these damn reports! Like, go ask someone else! It's my day off!" Gabe said.

"They always love to boss you around," Faye said.

"And they can kiss my ass," Gabe said.

"You know, they were acting differently that night when I stayed late," Clark said.

"Different, how?" Gabe asked.

"Well, for one, they came into my office and asked if I was okay because they overheard Walter worrying about me. And then they offered to give my assignments to Walter for me," Clark said.

"Walter was worried about you?" Gabe asked.

"Yeah, I was a little inattentive, but nothing to worry about. And what's weird is that they came to me on their own. They never come near me unless Walter sends them to me. You know they don't like me." Clark said.

"Yeah, you're right. They've looked at you as a threat since you're new." Faye said.

"And they can keep viewing him as a threat because our Clark is about to be the top dog," Gabe said.

"And I don't understand why they wanted to give my stuff to Walter. I don't trust those guys near my things. They could've trashed it or tampered with it." Clark said.

"And you're smart for that. If there's one thing that I learned from working at this company is never to let Theo and Damien lay a finger on your work." Gabe said.

"They did something to yours?" Clark asked.

"No, but I've seen it happen to others. First, they offer to help them, then the next day, Walter complains about missing assignments. So you dodged a bullet." Gabe said.

"Your game is something special, and as I heard Walter say, it could save Interfire." Faye praised.

"I hear him say that all the time, but I don't know if it's true." Clark doubted.

"Don't you dare say that! I believe that it will! From what you told us about the game, it's definitely a hit!" Gabe said.

"And when it does becomes a hit, all of the hardcore gamers will be talking about it!" Faye said.

"Gosh, man. You guys really know how to hype me up." Clark said with a smile.

"I know potential when I see it! And I believe in you." Gabe said.

"Thanks, guys. I really mean it. Besides Walter, you guys are the reason why I enjoy coming to work.

"I think this calls for shots!!" Faye said.

"No! I am not drinking again!" Clark said.

"You're only saying that because you didn't pace yourself properly!" Gabe said with a laugh.

"And y'all didn't help me? Some friends you are." Clark said.

"Oh, we did. But you kept saying, 'I'm a big boy, mommy!! I can handle myself." Faye mocked.

"I said that?" Clark asked with an embarrassed look on his face.

"And many more, but I'm not gonna torture you!" Gabe said.

They all laugh at the memory of seeing Clark in a drunken state of mind.

"So whaddya say?" Faye asked.

"Okay, let's do it! I just won't do much," Clark said cautiously.

"That's my boy!" Gabe said.

"Yo, Jimmy! Round of shots, please!" Faye shouted.

A man brings a tray with six tequila shots for them to take two each.

"So what should we toast to?" Clark asked.

"To you for making Interfire Entertainment rise again with your brilliant project!" Gabe said.

"I will drink to that!" Faye said.

"Ahh, you guys are too much!" Clark said.

They clink their glasses, downing their shots, followed by another. Throughout the day, Clark had felt he had a real support team.

Aren't they such a great trio?? We're getting more time with Clark, Faye, and Gabe! How do we feel about their friendship? And let's talk about Theo and Damien! Were they actually tampering with work? Do you think they were planning to ruin Clark, or were they actually being helpful?
Vote! Comment! Follow! Share!
Bye!💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

412K 9.9K 90
**WARNINGS!** Strong sexual content included. Relationships in this story are based mostly on BDSM lifestyle, The main relationship between Jackson...
10.9K 118 14
- - - - EXCERPT ONLY - - - - The rest of the story is available on INKITT as the content violates Wattpad regulations. Check my bio for link. * In th...
2.2K 124 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
139K 9.5K 47
Remember Ivy from End Game? Well, she's back with her own story. But don't worry if you haven't read End Game, this can be read as a standalone...