A Tale Of Schemes... #1,#2,#3

Galing kay background21

Three people who are best friends from childhood end up in a deadly triangle and everyone has their scheme to... Higit pa

A Fake Scheme #1
Prologue #1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue #1
An Arranged Scheme #2
Prologue #2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue #2
The Marriage Scheme #3
Prologue #3
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Neetha's Note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Epilogue #3

Chapter 40

938 97 131
Galing kay background21

*Vikranth Pov*

Did I again drink too much even after deciding on not to do it again? I thought frowning because of the headache and opened my eyes only to stare at her eyes in return.

What is she doing here? Before I could think I heard both our phones ringing continuously and I searched for mine and found it is Dad.

I lifted the call feeling confused as to why is he calling me but his next words froze me completely.

"Is this how you want to take care of GH and the people involved? There are continuous articles about Prathap and the actress you signed in the agency in the beginning that they spent the night together and many other vulgar things are being said." I collected myself and mumbled how I didn't know but the disappointment in his voice is just freezing my thoughts completely.

Then I glanced at Kanika to find her staring at me with a shocked face and explained what happened yesterday and that this is actually true that they both got photographed.

"Did I trust you to be capable of this position too soon?" my legs shivered hearing those words but I calmly said I will handle it before he cut the call.

His words continued to ring in my head while I turned to ask Kanika why did she allow this to happen. I can expect anyone else to be careless about this matter but she should know this is not just about GH and Prathap but her friend also.

I continued to lash out and took a deep breath but suddenly heard her apologizing and using 'Sir' to mention me while I just shook my head.

After asking her to get ready, I opened my cupboard only to pause to see the space beside my clothes. I have seen it a few times already but I am still not used to it.

While getting ready, I tried to call Prathap and Anny but both are not picking up the call at all. I held onto the wall feeling the headache just raised another level but I took a deep breath to compose myself but his voice is still ringing in my ears.

I don't want to disappoint him more than anything in this world. I am fine if he is angry at me or even scolds me but he never does that completely.

I don't want to bring another problem that troubles him and that was my aim from the day he adopted me but here I... I closed my eyes and opened the door only to find her still not ready.

I checked my time and started climbing down the stairs and heard her following me. The anger just raised on everyone else the more I couldn't reach Prathap. What were they thinking?

"Why did you let her be the one to drop him at his place? How much time would it have taken? Two minutes or maybe five minutes." I asked feeling tired with this and frowned when she used the same word 'Sir' while apologizing.

"Kanika! Why are you..." my words got cut off as Jay called me.

"Sir! Pramod Sir left for Prathap Sir's restaurant to get him and he seems really angry. Even Ashok Sir and Mohan Sir seem really angry." Jay whispered and I can understand why is he reporting this especially.

Everyone has seen Pramod Uncle angry but one has seen my Dad or Mohan Uncle angry about anything.

"Pramod Uncle went to the restaurant? Okay! Keep me updated if they come before I reach." I ordered and rubbed my forehead sighing.

I messaged Anny to come to the office when she sees the message and asked her manager to let me know if she comes to the hotel.

They will definitely direct their anger towards Kanika because of the start of this incident and so I glanced at her saying, "Don't say anything at all and I will explain everything to them. If they ask for any details, then only say anything."

After reaching my floor, I asked Jay to be in contact with the PR team before reaching the door and placed my hand on the handle.

However, I don't want to open it and see his disappointed look at all. I took a deep breath and entered the cabin and found him staring at me with the look I don't want to see.

"Now, tell us what happened yesterday." Dad asked looking at Kanika and I am glad she stayed silent.

"I went to celebrate Shrishti's engagement party along with Prathap and we both got drunk. She was concerned about me and let Anny take Prathap to his place. That's all!" I explained but he continued to look at her.

"You knew he went to the bar with his friends?" He asked and she shook her head in negative while I frowned thinking how did she find out and came to pick me up in the first place.

"Then how did you go and pick them up?" He continued and she calmly replied, "Vikranth called me and asked me to pick him up from the bar."

"Is Shrishti not in the company group anymore? She doesn't know that yesterday was Vikranth's first marriage Anniversary?" Dad asked looking at Mohan Uncle, and I don't understand why is he asking that but she already left the group a few weeks back to concentrate on her relationship and also because she is not related to matters going on in the company.

Wait! Vikranth's first marriage anniversary? Mine? My eyes widened as I finally remembered the arrangements and I actually was going to walk out to reach the house for the party before Shrishti called me.

That's why Dad is disappointed at this level. I didn't just let Prathap and Anny get into this scandal but also didn't attend my own party where the Board of members were also invited and a few business partners and clients.

"But Prathap is in the group and he knows about it." Mohan Uncle added while I continued to think about what to do about this.

"What can we say about Prathap when the main person itself doesn't seem to remember about yesterday's anniversary party." Dad commented while sitting in my chair.

"Don't tell me you actually forgot, Vikranth. Your expression seems to be showing shock." Mohan Uncle asked while I simply apologized as I don't have any kind of explanation for that.

"I invited the press yesterday as it will be good publicity because you are newly appointed CEO. However, this just caused another problem for the company." He continued shaking his head with a disappointed look.

I glanced away not knowing how to tell him that I didn't intend to let things go this way. I am sorry! I want to tell him but I didn't say anything while hoping there is a way to get out of this.

I need to think not just about GH but also about Anny's career and also Prathap's and Shrishti's life as I am not sure how will it be now with her engaged and with him ending up in a scandal with an actress.

My phone started ringing and I found it is Jay who is calling me. They must have found a solution and I immediately glanced at Dad to let me go and handle this but stopped when the door opened.

Anny, Prathap, and Pramod Uncle entered the cabin while Prathap just has a confused look. He must have not even checked the articles on the way for sure.

When Dad started talking, I calmly asked him to let me handle this before it gets worse but he brushed me off saying we three messed up so much that it is not just about the agency but the whole GH.

Three? Is he including Anny? I asked him the same after Anny explained what actually happened but Pramod Uncle brushed her off this time.

"Do you want a list now?" He asked before glancing at Kanika who is sitting calmly as I asked her to with a frown.

"I know Kanika shouldn't have let Anitha tag along with her and even let her help Prathap to his place. But we need to control the situation before it becomes a huge mess." I pointed out to divert his attention and not focus on her.

"Says the one who didn't attend his anniversary party at his own house and to top of that got drunk before asking his wife to pick his drunk self." He suddenly said glaring at me and I got surprised seeing his look as I didn't see him showing his upset look this openly when others are present.

"You chose her by yourself against our wishes but we didn't say anything. Now, because of your negligence, it showed a bad impact to our business partners. Isn't that a loss to GH?" He continued before taking class of Prathap and Anitha and then talked about Shirshti's issue while mentioning she got conned by her Ex-fiance.

What? Conned? I immediately shifted my attention to ask him where is she and how is she along with Prathap.

"What matters is that these three incidents caused a huge set of problems for GH and now we need to handle them by taking all kinds of measures." He said without giving any response to our questions.

"There is a new article about these both." Pramod Uncle commented while my phone continued to ring.

I need to discuss with my PR team right now to stop this as soon as possible and not let it be much more dug up as right now the articles reached the event that happened last year where he brought her to the lunch as a way to get Shrishti to not like me anymore by proving I am dating Anny.

"They are digging up everything and are even saying Prathap is trying to take over Vikranth by using her. Don't they have a better story?" Pramod Uncle stated and I sighed thinking what should we three do to prove that these both support me to continue to handle GH more than anyone else.

"Dad! A whole PR team is working right now. You guys need not worry about this and I will handle it." I assured him but they are not listening to my words and I ended up shouting so that they listen.

Now, he started talking about how the trouble is surrounding the agency and how it is in question right now to be closed down.

"How about getting these both engaged?" I stared at Mohan Uncle in shock after hearing those words.

How can he say that? Prathap is supposed to be with Shrishti now that she is no longer in a relationship. We need to settle this issue and get Prathap to confess to Shrishti. Then everyone will be happy and everything will be fine.

However, the more he explained, I more I felt this is a good idea to get the matter settled down. As I was contemplating it, Prathap suddenly announced that he will not marry Anny. Of course not! He likes Shrishti, how can I let him marry Anny, and that is not fair for Anny also to marry someone who is in love with someone else.

As I was thinking about the pros and cons of this plan, Dad suddenly stated that this is their final decision and that if we don't want to follow then we have to come up with a better solution.

As I was thinking about what to do about this, suddenly Shrishti entered the cabin and I focused on asking her how is she while asking what happened but she simply said she is fine and then asked what is the decision from the elders.

"They want me to get engaged to the actress from Vikranth's agency." Prathap stated and she stared at us with wide eyes and immediately asked how can they say that while saying how can they ruin his life with this idea.

I rubbed my forehead feeling the headache intensify with her strong reaction and tried to calm my mind.

They both started discussing how wrong this is and suddenly Prathap stated that he will not care what they say and will not follow this line.

"Exactly! I am rejecting this decision completely. How can this be the final decision? Let them deal with it. And I don't care if you accept this for your business' sake, Vikranth." When he said those last words I couldn't help but flinch inside.

Does he think I will just accept anything involving them because of my business? Do they see me like that? Wasn't me making decisions and giving importance to the business involves in supporting their dreams?

I calmly stated how his next investment involves my decision but he raised his voice again asking how can he get engaged to her and suddenly stated how this could be her plan.

Before I could scold him, Anny reacted to that point and they both started a war of words until she disclosed that she didn't leave because he was crying.

I sighed staring at Prathap thinking if he is that affected what was he doing for a whole year. I shook my head but felt surprised when Anny accepted this proposal and I nodded at her before walking out of the room to ask Jay to drop her at her hotel while asking him to make sure the PR team doesn't release any statement yet.

When I walked back into the cabin, Shrishti and Prathap continued to discuss how this is all her plan. Are they stupid? Why would she ruin her career by getting into a scandal with a restaurant owner?

I opened my mouth to stop them but suddenly heard Kanika's voice at a decibel I never expected from her.

"What is her fault? She just helped me with the situation and none of us expected it to be like this. She is earning everything for herself and need not plot anything as I am sure your friend wouldn't have chosen her if not for her capability." Kanika continued to defend her friend and reached closer to us while I just stared at her.

All I could feel during her words are just two things. One is surprise and the other is envy.

Surprise because I never saw her shouting in this way towards anyone as she is sensitive when she hears anyone shouting as far as I remember but she is doing this for her friend's sake. The trust she has in her friend and the way she is defending... I fisted my hand feeling envy and I don't know why.

Even my friends defend me but they sometimes show clearly how business affects my decisions rather than their wellness, but still, they defend me completely before anyone. However, not with such rawness to it.

Another emotion got added when she said I wouldn't have chosen Anny if not for her capability. I opened my mouth but couldn't say anything except to stare at her.

"Vikranth! Why is she shouting at us?" Shrishti asked with genuine shock in her voice but I didn't reply to her while Kanika shifted her attention towards me with a blank look.

She suddenly said she is saying this not for her but for her friend's sake and she is not wrong in defending her. I frowned for a second but then remember some condition similar to that placed by her while we were writing the contract.

I nodded at her saying she is right and asked her to go first as she drove me here. She paused but gave a nod before walking out of the cabin and I turned to glance at my friends who still have shock covering their faces.

When Shrishti opened her mouth to talk about how shocked she is right now because of what just happened, I finally snapped and asked them to stay quiet for some time.

After they both stopped talking, I walked to the table and took out the tablet for the hangover, and passed it to Prathap knowing well, that he is going through the same pain right now.

"But we don't know that model. Why are you taking her side? Just because she is your wife's friend?" Shrishti asked frowning and I frowned hearing those words.

"I don't care whether it's a scheme or not but I am not going to follow this and that's final." Prathap stated and I know very well that the tablet I just took will not have any effect because of these two.

"You both are not kids but why are you acting so childish than those two who are younger than you. I need both of you to stay silent and that's a warning." I stated raising my voice again and finally, they stopped talking.

I glanced at Shrishti and calmly asked what happened with her issue. As she described what happened, I felt glad that Uncle got succeeded in his plan but I found her trying to hide her sadness while just brushing off the things in a normal way. I advised her to choose wisely next time but she immediately shook her head.

"No way! I must have lost my mind and thought of getting married. Now, I will just concentrate on my work and leave these matters to my Dad if he tried to hurry me. I lost confidence to choose by myself." She mumbled and Prathap sighed hearing those words.

I put away these matters aside and thought about the plan that Mohan Uncle came up with. If we leave this matter, then the rumor that Prathap is trying to take my position will reach more people and this will impact his restaurant. Also, Shrishti will not be left alone in these things and even her canceled engagement will be brought out.

The news should shift their focus and only then these both can continue their work. Prathap will get disturbed a few times if we follow this plan but it will not happen in a long run.

I calmly explained the issues that will raise because of this event and he fought back saying he doesn't want to do anything with GH or my position but I tried to explain how others will not care about it.

"So, I need you to think about the pros and cons because of this solution and decide again. I promise to invest in your restaurant and I am sure you will have an effect because of this scandal. Everyone is observing her after her huge success a few months back and got a huge offer recently and will settle soon in India. She will be busy with her work and I will be handling everything between you and you both need not even meet each other unless there is a need." I said staring at him and he fell into deep thought.

Somehow, I have a feeling that he will not accept because I know he feels if he does this, then he will lose a chance with Shrishti with more than 90% surity. He must have felt hope after knowing her engagement got canceled just like me as I thought these both can be together but... I shook my head.

What I didn't expect was Shrishti saying how he is awkward with women and how that is the reason why he couldn't propose to his first love. I closed my eyes wishing that sometimes Shrishti doesn't say things without thinking clearly.

However, that pushed him to say yes and I accepted it as right now for everyone's sake this is the best plan.

I stepped out of the cabin to tell the elders that we are going with the plan and reached my Dad's cabin where I found three of them waiting for us.

"They both accepted? Here is the contract!" saying that Pramod Uncle passed two contracts.

They are really fast in these things for sure. I nodded taking the contract and turned the pages only to freeze at the conditions for Prathap that were laid out.

"Uncle!" I said looking at him but he shook his head.

"This incident made me realize how I should have pressured him more to stay in GH to help you with matters. I am going to use this incident to make it happen." He stated while I frowned.

"How are you so sure that he will fail at keeping up to the conditions?" I asked him but he just smiled.

"Because I know my son." He replied and I want to say that he actually doesn't know Prathap properly at all.

Even I think that Prathap will fail at these and needs to work hard not to but he will hate Uncle more if he really has to come back to the company.

I can see that he is determined and this time Dad is not planning to stop any of this. All I can do is to make sure Prathap will follow everything properly and not give them a chance.

When I reached my cabin, I found Prathap walking towards the elevator and he asked me what happened but I shook my head thinking if I say anything right now, then he will let the hell loose for sure.

After leaving Prathap with Anny as per her request, I got into the car thinking it is best if they become cordial after this discussion to have the contract time pass in a peaceful mode just like Kanika's and mine.

"My assistant is really happy to finally meet Ms. Anny and also to get the job of dropping her the day he met her." Jay commented shaking his head.

"Why didn't you drop her? Didn't I ask you to do it?" I asked him frowning.

"I thought of staying back in case of emergency and it is a good thing that I stayed back. Madam was on verge of falling down when I found her and if I was not there then she would have been in trouble to drive in that condition." He explained and I paused my hand from moving the slide from the proposal that the head of the PR team came up with after hearing the plan.

"What?" I asked staring at him and he calmly explained what happened.

"Drive to the house and not the company." I ordered and glanced outside the window thinking she must have not eaten anything from yesterday night.

"Madam called me yesterday night to call a doctor for you saying you lost consciousness and that you got fever. I told her that you didn't eat anything yesterday except for breakfast and that could be the reason. She asked me to be alert as she will call me if anything goes wrong." He continued to ask and I calmly listened.

I remember seeing three glasses on the bedside table and even remember drinking some sweet liquid and also buttermilk. I rubbed my face while trying to remember yesterday's events but seems like I got completely drunk than ever.

When we reached the house, she is not there and even her car is not there. She must have gone to the academy. I took out my phone to give her a call but I got a call from Dad asking me to return as there is a sudden board meeting being held.

I rubbed my eyes and asked Jay to drive us back to the company while accepting the PR head's statement to be released and asked them to release it immediately as Prathap called to ask about the conditions.

I talked to him in a rush before cutting the call and reached the company to find arrangements being made for the meeting.

When I reached my cabin, I got surprised seeing Shrishti still sitting in my cabin. And she looks like she cried in the meantime.

"What happened? Sad because of that Ex-boyfriend?" I asked sitting beside her and she shook her head.

"No! I seem to have said some mean words to Prathap just now and he got upset. I even said mean words about a stranger I don't even know and got your wife upset." She mumbled and I sighed patting her shoulder.

"You know that you are wrong and so just apologize. But I didn't expect you to be this judgemental towards a stranger. Why did you get the thought that everything is staged by her?" I asked frowning.

"To be honest, I was not in love with my Ex-boyfriend. I was just lonely and felt comforted because of his presence and thought it is not a bad idea to marry him. However, when I realized how much he played during these few months, I think... I became skeptical about any stranger now. I am looking at someone and can't help but think about what plans are going on in their heads. Yesterday night, I met someone when I went back for you guys and I was so on guard near that person even when I was talking normally. Why? I was not like that but I just let one incident affect my life's other incidents." She mumbled covering her face.

"I will not say what is right for you to do now as this is something you should cross on your own. Next time, just choose the person who will not let you question their intentions. Also, you need to apologize to Anny as she doesn't deserve such words from any of you." I stated and she sighed nodding before glancing at me.

"Also, Kanika reacted that way..." she cut me off saying, "I am not mad because I would also react like that if anyone says wrong things about both of you but was just shocked. I never saw her that reactive before or that passionate I think. So, I was surprised and that's all."

"That's because Anny is really important to her more than anyone." I explained while she slowly nodded while staring at me with a surprised look.

"What?" I asked her frowning but she shook her head before standing up saying she will go now and will apologize to Anny and Prathap soon when she settles her mind.

After she left, I took out the needed files regarding the profit and everything related to the Agency to show the directors so that they will not bring up shutting down it during the meeting.

However, the press statements helped and the focus shifted to other things, and the meeting was held for a few hours and it was already evening.

When I reached my cabin, I found Jay staring at me with a tired look. I gestured for him to go home but he shook his head and stayed back.

As we wrapped up everything and also planned what to do next regarding Anny and Prathap's scheme, I drove to the house as Jay already brought my car back from the club.

However, I didn't find her at the house and seems like she didn't return. I sat on the couch and leaned back feeling hungry and also the headache is nowhere reduced.

When she returned, I was thinking about talking to her about the contract and the rules for Anny and Prathap and also how careful everyone should be about this matter but what I didn't expect was a list placed in my hand and her walking away towards the stairs.

I stared at the list and found the amount she marked at the end, I need to pay her. I sat down while noting down the reminder to add the amount to the card I gave her tomorrow.

After that, I continued to stare at the list while thinking about her repeated pointing toward the contract conditions.

--------------------------------

There are some repeated things in this chapter from before series and also the last chapter but I hope not too much... Also, a spoiler is that remember what he felt when she was shouting because that is one of the many highlights throughout their story... :D

And at some point in the next month, I may have to take a break for one or two weeks due to examinations but I don't know when... So, I am just informing ahead...

How is the chap?

Comment plz and vote...

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

BETRAYAL Galing kay Uniy

Mystery / Thriller

6.2K 264 28
Have you ever had someone you loved more than anything betray you? Inseparable, triplets from different mothers, that's what they were. They grew up...
107K 1.5K 36
Life gave me another chance with him and all i'm going to do is break his heart. What would you do if life suddenly gave you another chance to be wi...
596 74 33
Here's a story in which a boy fall in love with his best friend but, his best friend have no feelings towards him what will happen ? Will the girl li...
18.1K 807 22
Three Best Friends should i say Love Triangle? You know she likes him but you also like him both of you love him will you give away your happiness to...