Chapter 39

*Kanika Pov*

As I returned to my room, I took out the dress to get changed into while trying to call Anitha but she is not picking it up at all.

Is she not responding after knowing the issue? Does she even know what is going on? I thought of trying for one last time before freshening up.

I shook my head after getting the same result and immediately got ready to leave. When I opened the drawer to get the earrings, I paused looking at the contract I placed there.

I was hiding this from the moment I received it but recently I took it out thinking to ask him what should we do about this if he accepts my suggestion. Should we take the rest of the time left for the contract to end as a trial and let it continue or terminate it right now?

I closed my eyes but took it out to have a glance at each rule once to remember them properly and never again forget the importance of these things and never again mistake the events as something else than they are.

After putting it back in the safe place, I walked out of the room to find him waiting near the stairs while checking the time.

"Let's go!" saying that he started climbing down the stairs and I followed him but continued to call Anitha.

"Why are they both not picking up the calls?" He mumbled when I reached the car to get in while he opened the passenger door.

I calmly started driving us to the company and he continued to make calls to others while asking them to come up with a plan to come out of this scandal.

"Why did you let her be the one to drop him at his place? How much time would it have taken? Two minutes or maybe five minutes." He asked with a tired voice after making all the calls, while I tightened my grip on the steering wheel without saying any word.

Will he even understand if I say anything? It is better to just accept his words and apologize. It is not a new thing for me to do and I have done this many times in the past and I can do it many times in the future also.

"Sorry, Sir!" I mumbled giving him a respectful nod but didn't shift my eyes away from the road.

"Kanika! Why are you..." his words got cut off as his phone started ringing.

"Pramod Uncle went to the restaurant? Okay! Keep me updated if they come before I reach." He ordered and sighed while rubbing his head.

After a few minutes, we reached the company and he didn't step out but waited for me to park the car before we both started walking toward the elevator.

"Don't say anything near them and just be silent. I will talk to them. Okay?" he asked glancing at me and I gave him a nod without questioning it.

When we reached the floor, I found Jay waiting for him and he got immediately ordered to be in contact with the PR team and reach out if they got any suggestions.

After Jay nodded, he walked toward the cabin and placed his hand on the handle but didn't move at all for a few seconds.

He took a deep breath before stepping in and I followed him inside to find both his Dad and Shrishti's Dad present.

"Now, tell us what happened yesterday." His Dad asked looking at me and I stayed silent without saying a word.

"I went to celebrate Shrishti's engagement party along with Prathap and we both got drunk. She was concerned about me and let Anny take Prathap to his place. That's all!" Vikranth commented but his Dad continued to look at me.