Kai Romanoff

By waveylays

When Clint Barton found Natasha Romanoff that special day in Budapest, he also found her with a little girl... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
Authors Note
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113

46

2.6K 83 7
By waveylays

" This man declined the Nobel Peace Prize. He said peace wasn't an achievement, it was a responsibility. See it's stuff like this that gives me trust issues." Fury said.
" We have to stop the launch." Nat said.
" I don't think the Council's accepting my calls anymore." Fury said opening up a briefcase.
" What's that?" Sam asked.

" Once the helicarriers reach 3,000 feet, they'll triangulate with Insight satellites, becoming fully weaponized." Maria explained.
" We need to breach those carriers and replace their targeting blades with our own." Fury said.
" One or two won't cut it. We need to link all three carriers for this to work. Because if even one of those ships remains operational, a whole lot of people are gonna die." Maria told them.

" We have to assume everyone aboard those carriers is HYDRA. We have to get past them insert third sever blades. And maybe we can salvage what's-" Fury started.
" We're not salvaging anything. We're not just taking down the carriers Nick. We're taking down S.H.I.E.L.D." Steve told him.
Kai felt her heart sink a little. S.H.I.E.L.D. was her first real home the place she always felt she belonged. But Steve was right it was too messy just to clean up they had to completely get rid of it.

" S.H.I.E.L.D. had nothing to do with this." Nick said.
" You gave me this mission. This is how it ends. S.H.I.E.L.D.'s been compromised. You said it yourself. HYDRA grew right under your nose and nobody noticed." Steve said.
" Why do you think we're meeting in this cave? I noticed." Nick told him.
" How many paid the price before you did?" Steve asked.

" Look I didn't know about Barnes." Nick told him.
" Even if you did would you have told me? Or would you have compartmentalized that too? S.H.I.E.L.D., HYDRA, it all goes." Steve said.
" He's right." Kai nodded.
Fury looked at Maria and Nat and they both gave their silent agreement. Then he looked at Sam.
" Don't look at me. I do what he does, just slower." Sam told him.

" Well...looks like you're giving the orders now, Captain." Fury said.

¥¥¥

Nat had disguised herself and was now walking inside S.H.I.E.L.D. While Steve, Maria, and Sam watched Kai create a disruption in the earpieces of the agents. One of the agents opened the door.
" Well hello there." Kai said before punching him unconscious.
" That was a StarWars reference." Kai told Steve.
" Thanks." Steve said unamused.
" You liked it." Kai said to Sam.
" It was very good." Sam nodded.

" I know." Kai smirked as they made their way towards the PA system.
" Okay Cap, you're on." Maria told him pushing a button.

" Attention all S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, this is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days. Some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. S.H.I.E.L.D. is not what we thought it was. It's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The S.T.R.I.K.E. and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want. Absolute control. They shot Nick Fury. And it won't end there. If you launch those helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way. Unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high. It always has been. And it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." Steve said.

" Did you write that down first or was it off the top of your head?" Sam asked.
" Well, it doesn't matter. There going up. Looks like we're going to have to back up those words with action." Kai said looking out the window.
" Each of us takes one. We reprogram each and stop this." Steve handed them the disks.
" Got it Cap." Sam nodded.

¥¥¥

The three ran outside towards the helicarriers.
" Hey Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam asked.
" If there shooting at you there bad." Steve told him.
They ran off towards the edge of the roof, and Sam grabbed Kai's hands and they started flying off. Kai attached her grapple hook to the belt of her suit.
" Alright see you on the other side." Kai told him.
" Are you sure you wanna do this?" Sam asked.

" Yeah for sure. The worst that can happen is I die." Kai told him.
He gave her a concerned look but still tossed her towards the helicarrier with all his might. Kai threw the other half of the grappling hook towards the helicarrier. It latched on and she swung towards landing on the top.
" Hey Cap I found those bad guys you were talking about." Sam told him.
" Are you okay?" Steve asked.
" I'm not dead yet." Sam answered.

" Status?" Maria asked.
" Getting it done just need to take care of a few obstacles first. Don't mind all the screaming from my end of the comms. I assure you its not me." Kai told them pulling out her guns from her side holsters.

Men started at her and she shot all of them having to dodge a few bullets herself every-now and then. Once all the men on the top were taking care of Kai saw a jet approaching her. She pulled out a stick looking weapon from her boot. She pressed the on button and it heated up quickly. Kai lent down and begin creating a hole in the helicarrier while keeping an eye on the jet getting closer and closer.

" Fuck-shit-shit, shit come on fuck-you little fucking shit-Ah aha! I love you." Kai said and she turned off the device.
She stood up just as the jet got close enough to start shooting at her. She jumped straight down into the hole as the jet shot at her.
" Oh fuck-" Kai said as she started falling a little more than expected.

She braced herself as she finally hit the ground.
" Ow. Good thing I'm a badass." Kai said rolling on to her back.
She pushed herself up and walked over to a glass cylinder where she had to replace the disk. She typed in the code and a little door opened. She took out her disk from her pouch and took the other disk out of the holder and replaced it with hers.

" I got mine." Kai said over coms.
" Great now get out of there before Cap and Falcon get theirs." Maria told her.
" On it." Kai said back as she started running towards and exit door.
She looked around for a parachute or something but nothing. Then she saw the whole made in the roof. Kai grabbed out her grappling hook and walked back towards it.

She swung it before throwing it up. It latched on and she started to climb. Once she made it to the top and grab her grappling hook and saw a jet with no one in it. Kai ran towards it and got in. She powered it up and took the controls in her hands.

Of course she had flown a jet before but never without a co-pilot. Guess this would be a new experience for her. Kai took a deep breath and started lifting off the ground. She took off and at the perfect time because she saw Sam falling off a helicarrier with only one wing.

Kai took off after him opening the top from him to fall into. Which he did breaking off the other wing on the way. He looked around confused for a minute.
" You okay?" Kai asked.
" I'm good. So you can fly one of these things?" Sam asked.
" Who knows, say I'm doing a pretty good job so far." Kai shrugged.

" Steve the suits broken. Do you need me to get up there?" Sam asked.
" No I've got it." Steve said.
" Kai, Falcon. Rumlows on his way to the council." Maria told them.
" Over my dead body. Heading there now." Kai said redirecting the jet towards the building.

They reached they building and Kai shot out the glass to the windows of one of the levels below the floor the council was on.
" You okay in combat while I land on the roof?" Kai asked.
" Yeah, yeah I got this." Sam nodded before climbing out of the opening in the roof and making his way into the building.
Once he was good Kai took off.

She flew up to the roof and landed the jet. Kai immediately got out and started running down the stairs towards where Nat and Fury were. Once she opened the door she saw Nat on ground unconscious, and Fury shooting Pierce. She rushed to Nat and knelt besides her.
" Nat-Natty come on." Kai shook her.
Nat woke up with a look of discomfort.
" Ow. Those really do sting." Nat said.
Kai sighed in relief.
" You alright Red?" Kai asked.
" Peachy." Nat nodded.

" Meet at the roof at the chopper." Maria said over coms.
" I have a jet it's faster." Kai said helping Nat up.
They made their way to the roof where Maria met them a few seconds later. They loaded up, Kai as pilot and they took off.
" Sam? Where you at buddy?" Kai asked.
" 41st floor." Sam told them.
" Okay stay put where coming for you." Kai told him.
" Not an option." Sam told her.

Kai took off faster and saw Sam jumping out of the window as it got destroyed. Nat opened the door and Kai turned the jet side ways. He fell in and they closed the jet door.
" 41st floor!" Sam said.
" It's not like the building as the floor numbers on the outside." Fury came to her defensive.
" Where's Rogers?" Kai asked taking off again.
" Still in the helicarrier." Maria told her.

" Should we go after him?" Kai asked.
" No." Nat said.
" No?" Kai asked.
" Rogers is a tough guy he'll be fine. We have to get out of here." Nat told her.
Kai hesitated for a moment but ultimately realized that there was nothing they could do so she flew off towards safety.

Authors Note: So something terrible happened yesterday. And yep you guessed it, Roe v. Wade was overturned. If you don't live in America I've never been more jealous than I am right now. I am so angry though, I am fucking enraged. To all my girls reading this please stay safe. There's a very large age range of people reading my story so if you end up in a position where you get pregnant and can't raise the child, do your research on states that haven't made abortion illegal, make sure you tell someone you trust where your going to be-that one kinda applies for everyone right now. Please everyone stay safe and let's stick together because right now we're the only ones that care about each other. I love you all and my profile is always open <3333

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 211 16
Alpha Martinez was unique, and her parents made sure of it. At birth, they gave Alpha the most unique name they could think of, and the girl wondered...
10K 160 16
Y/n Barton is not just any girl. When she was 10 she know that she wanted to be just like her father so she started to train as a S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent...
120K 2.8K 13
"You've got your own suit of armor kid, and it's not the good kind," "I get it from you," Spencer Anna Stark was six when her mother fought and won...
2.9K 115 18
!This story plays out like a week after Age of Ultron movie! The perfect killer, innocent on the outside and deadly on the inside. Days after the war...