Her Silenced Voice (Ouran Hig...

By colorlesssky9001

Her name is Evelyn Oshiro. She loves to play the guitar and sing. Her loving brother, Ace, supports her fully... More

Her Silenced Voice (OHSHC)
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 2*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 3*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 4*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 5*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 6*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 7*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 8*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 10*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 11*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 12*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 13*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 14*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 15*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 16*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 17*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 18*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 19*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 20*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 21*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 22*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 23*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 24*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 25*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 26*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 27*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 28*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 29*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 30*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 31*
Her Silenced Voice *ch. 32*

Her Silenced Voice *ch. 9*

1.8K 60 1
By colorlesssky9001

Melissa and I stared at each other for a moment. "Hello Melissa," I said, my voice strained.

She lifted her head in a haughty stiff way, "Now I have to have my clothing dry cleaned again," she said before she turned away.

Who was she here to meet? I pitied them. "Hey Melissa," I said, calling out to her. She stopped and turned around slowly. "What commoner?" She sighed out.

Today I realized she decided to peel off a couple layers of make-up and she truly did look nice, not saying anything comparing to her make-up.

I pursed my lips momentarily to say what I really thought about her, Taking a moment, I said, "I apologize for what I said the other day, it was wrong of me to say something I knew wasn't true,"

She stood for a moment and for a second, I thought she might have actually taken my apology....then she opened her mouth.

"Just because you opened your mouth to 'apologize' doesn't mean I'll take up my generous offer again. I don't need to give girls like you an easy way out,"

I shook my head and scowled, Haruhi was right, even if I apologize, she wasn't going to change.

"So you weren't lying," Kyoya said behind me. I turn around, to see him without his laptop, surprisingly enough in his own outfit.

"What made you think I was lying?" I asked, letting my hand unclench.

"Nothing," he said. I smiled and said, "Does that mean you were fully trusting me?" He glanced up and said, "To put it simply, yes,"

"That's great," I said, "Then I should start trying to work my trust with you guys then huh?"

He stared at me for a while and I turned away, moving my gaze away. It felt uncomfortable, as if he was trying to read me with his perspective eyes.

"How was Ace in his little business?" I asked watching the portion of the friendlier girls who flirted or talked to the guys.

Kyoya looked away and cleared his throat, "Little? Very cute Miss Oshiro, I turned to him, confused at his words, "Do you remember when I told you Tamaki and I both were competitive towards Ace?"

I nodded, so Kyoya took it more personally than he showed. "Just because I don't show it, like Zeus over there, I do take him as a rival seriously,"

I studied his determined look. His chin slightly lifted, his icy stare, the poised way he stood. It would be so much like Ace.

'Getting clingy again' a voice in my head said. I cleared my throat and said, "What do you mean by that?" He didn't answer so maybe he didn't hear me.

When I turned to look at him, he was in thought, as if reluctant to say what was on his mind. I started to studied his face again.

"Nevermind," he said, not bothering to say what was on his mind. I smiled, noticing his upset face, "Come on Kyoya, whatever you were thinking about couldn't have been that bad, Ace couldn't have gotten that far ahead, it's you we're talking about,"

He glanced at me and said, "I appreciate your praise, Evelyn, but do not underestimate your brother," with that he walked away. I tilted my head and after a moment of silence, I said, "Don't forget to smile!"

What kind of associations did Ace make? As far as I knew, he always seemed to tell me stories of his school life everyday as he got home. Always the well rounded perfect guy, as others would put it.

Nice, ladies man, violist, guitarist, handsome, caring, has some serious cooking abilities, outgoing, smart, funny, really good at advice and knows how to handle money and academics combined. Now if anyone were to actually be like that I'd believe them to be fake.

How could that one person be so.....perfect? That was Ace right there and now that I put two and two together, Ace was doing something behind our backs. Kai or Jake possibly don't know about it either.

Ace was doing something behind our backs, not saying it was bad, just that he didn't tell us. I don't find it in Ace's nature to become some sort of dictator who rules wickedly.

"What are you thinking about?" Jake said, a bit annoyed. I turn around and said, "Did I do something?" He sighed and said, "Sorry, no, that girl named Melissa just...."

I waved him off, "Melissa wants attention, all girls do, in fact, I'm jealous you're paying more attention to her than me," I said. Chuckling, Jake said, "Okay okay, don't be so greedy, I asked you what you were thinking about,"

I turned around as if angry by his 'neglect', I crossed my arms. "Nothing," I said. He chuckled and Kai came around, "What's so funny?"

Everyone had cleared out by then, the only one who were left behind were the host club, Kai and Jake and Melissa.

"She's jealous," Jake explained. I threw myself at Kai, "Kai, make the mean old man go away,"

"Old?" I heard Jake question over Kai's chuckle as he held me.

"I mean would you want to have a girl so willing to throw herself at another guy?" I heard Melissa say. All laughter was gone from the guys faces. They had also heard Melissa.

"Yes, old, you're a year older than me," I tried a smile but to no use, Kai and Jake seemed offended at the comment.

"Hey, you're Melissa right?" Kai said, dragging me by the arm as I refused to go near her in fear of having to apologize again for saying.....comments.

"What about me?" She sneered. I stand sideways to her, my eyes skimmed her as I glance at her and turned away, tsk, I didn't need the extra insults.

"Apologize," Jake said, pushing me foreword on spotlight. I looked up to Karou and Hikaru, asking them to kidnap the goddess like they promised.

Cocking a hip, crossing her arms, Melissa said, "Yes, go on, give me another amusing sprawl on the ground, beg for forgiveness like you did moments ago,"

This time, I tilted my head up slightly in defiance, one hip cocked in the opposite direction and my hands on my hips. "Excuse me, I seemed to overestimate your intelligence a tad too much, but he was talking about you,"

She crushed her hands into a fist and retorted, "At least I don't act like the dumb blonde you are, go throw yourself at the guys, speaking of them, you have two to coddle you right now,"

I set my jaw and said, "That's really low of you Melissa, aim for them, people you don't know as long as you don't get hurt yourself," She scoffed bitterly and said, "Isn't that how the games played?"

Looking back at Jake and Kai, I looked around, setting my eyes onto Kyoya. Glancing down, I remembered his words on how he and Ace were respectable to each other.

To tarnish what little Ace had....here I go again, "Yes, Melissa, it is in fact how the game is played, as I said, if you get to know them and insult them...you would become hurt. No pain no gain, and applying you, it's obviously seen that you haven't and will never-"

Suddenly lifted, the two twins picked me up and started running, "The new era of awesomeness is going to take away you're goddess now!" Hikaru shouted over his shoulder.

"Nice timing," I remarked grimly. "You have to be more careful," Karou said, leaning down to look into my eyes. I gazed into his honey brown eyes and slowly started nodding, "Yeah...." I mumbled, "Thanks, I was getting carried away,"

Hikaru nodded and sat next to me, "We had to do something to help the loving goddess," he said.

"-but Tamaki!" I heard Melissa's voice demand, "She is a very rash person, letting her loose now would save the host club so much more trouble,"

I looked down, realizing how true that statement was. "She's bluffing," Karou gulped, as if trying to reassure himself and his brother more than me.

"What's wrong?" I inquired, they seemed really concerned so it would naturally compel anyone to ask.

"Nothing," Hikaru said, relaxing next to me. Karou strained a smile and chirped up, "Of course not, just that she lies so much,"

I leaned in against him and said, "Fine, I'll believe you for this one time,"

"Miss. Melissa, we respect you're opinions but Evelyn Oshiro has already given us enough trouble, leaving now would be like abandoning a project halfway," Kyoya stated, his voice hinting no sign of a care in her say.

"You know very well that it is not Evelyn I am talking about," She hissed out before sweeping herself away.

"I've actually been thinking about leaving," I lied, when she was gone, "I think this is getting out of hand," my voice sounded foreign to myself as I mislead them from my true thoughts.

"What?" Tamaki questioned, completely baffled at my sudden output. I tilted my head, not meeting their gaze, "You heard me didn't you? It's starting to become overwhelming," I lied again.

"What do you mean?" Haruhi asked, picking out parts of my lie, piecing the tiny parts together for the big picture.

Gulping, I said, "Don't you ever think that being bullied by the girls can be crushing?" she stared at me, and I felt horrid, the usually bright and upbeat host club was so solemn now, and I was the one who brought them down.

No Pain, No Gain....though....what was I gaining?

"Having to come here everyday to face another obstacles?" I stated, then bitterly I blurted, "I never wanted to come to Ouran anyways, Haruhi, you've grown too attached,"

Coming up from behind me, Kai set a hand on my shoulder, "Evel-" Smacking his hand away, I turned around, now facing Karou, Hikaru, Jake and Kai.

"Don't," I demanded. Now it wasn't just about lying to the club, it wasn't just about keeping them safe from Melissa's threats....because I realized what was fueling me.

The feelings I've withheld. Everything, anger, sadness, bitterness...Melissa, the mysterious golden eyes guy, Ace...

"You don't understand how hard it is," I said, my chin lifted in fake defiance. My poker face was set on, perfected by practiced to throw Ace off, and it was now being used for the benefit of my selfish wants.

"Dealing with Ace's coma? potential murderer? Not wanting to sing anymore? Constant bullying?" I said. A moment of silence past and Kai said, "Why did you insist so much on-"

I shot him a look, telling him not to give me away.

Now I was playing two games.

I was now setting two different lies in motion. Another layer of armour that would be painful to shed away.

The first one, a tired facade to ward away the happy host club, my moodiness didn't need to drag them down.

The second one, a mask telling them that I was fine when I wasn't.

I was selfish, I wanted them to see through this, I wanted someone to save me....but the only one who's always saved me is Ace, but now he's in the hospital.

"I'm just tired, and I need a break, I mean, we both don't really have any benefits working with each other. I really, fans are probably threatening like Melissa and I don't see any reason as to why you need to chase after me when I'm just taking a visit to Ace," I said.

"It's fine, really, I'll leave," I said, walking towards the dressing room, the white fabric fluttering with every movement.

Well, no turning back now.

I walked out in my black denim skinny jeans and an oversized dark blue sweater that slumped a shoulder, a section of my hair taken and tied up into a pony tail on the side of my head. My jacket was pointless at this point so I held it in my hand.

Not able to meet their eyes, I walked out the door. "Wait," Jake said, "Are you sure you want to leave this group?" I sighed and said, "Of course not, I don't want to lose them but I'm dragging them, they're too nice for that,"

Embracing me, Kai said, "Sometimes I worry about you, you're to nice it's almost rude," Then after a pause he said, "I take that back, it is rude,"

"That's because this way they won't try to ask for me to come back," I said.

"That's pompous talk," Jake said. I looked down and said, "I realized just now, it sounded less conceited in my head,"

Letting me go, Kai said, "I know how you feel,"

I pursed my lips, "Everyone does," I said, hoping my voice didn't sound as strained as I felt.

Of course, others had it worse than me....Everyone had their own problems but unlike me, they chose to be more mature and deal with it.

Yeah, that's right, so this constricting feeling was suppose to be tamed. I guess I'm emotionally incapable. I'm spoiled....now I sound like I have low self esteem.....do I?

My life was a mess.

~Kyoya's Pov~

I stared after the door well after she left. Something was right, she wasn't feeling well. It had to be the only explanation she would say something like that.

Staring at the computer screen, I was curious as to how the withdraw of money would affect the Host club. Now all the ones who've anticipated next week with her, will be disappointed.

"Mori-chan! It's all my fault!" Hunny was crying into Mori's shoulder. The twins were conversing silently for once, probably not even talking of schemes.

Tamaki sat in his dark shaded corner, infamously nicknamed 'Emo Corner' and Haruhi was looking rather upset. She and Evelyn got along actually well despite their differences.

I felt cheated. To have such a proud person like her just suddenly break down? And she was my rival? Even unknowing of the company she had a compelling authority, widely known as charisma.

With that and her knowledge, she has the potential of her brother...and it felt like I've been mocked that I'm competing with someone who has the time to start rivalry with me and break down.

Even now, unknowingly, she affected my progress along with hers. The host club would be in moods, not a good trait for hosting and she probably has herself collected again with her friends by her sides.

I also knew they probably wouldn't pick themselves up together again until the tension is resolve. I typed in her name and I started to look at her backgrounds. Music, academics, clips, videos, profile, peeves, everything.

Before I clicked on a file I let the mouse hang over the tempting simulated manilla folder labeled middle school, her voice popped in my head.

'I prefer to tie loose ends,'

I stopped and closed my laptop. "Tamaki," I called. When he didn't answer I tried again, "Evelyn might have been lying we'll find her and try again,"

This got his attention. "Lie?" The twins asked before he could, "why would she do that?" Hunny asked.

"She's hurt," I heard behind me, Haruhi said, "And she cares for us," I narrow my eyes in concentration. The small spark in her eyes told me she knew.

"We'll see her in class," Tamaki exclaimed, jumping in a rejuvenated guise. "No fair, Boss!" the twins chimed in, "We want to see her too!"

"But that'll be the way we see her soonest,"Tamaki whined. I sighed, "It would be best if we were to know sooner,"

"But it would be best if she were to meet up with all of us," Haruhi interjected softly but was backing it up strongly.

"We could do it tomorrow!" Hunny said. I sighed, this wasn't going too work with my plans. "We'll see how things turn out in class first, it would be for the best of the host club," Tamaki said, wanting to fix the problem immediately.

"But...." one of the twins said, "Okay boss," the other said.

Hikaru and Karou slumped against each other and then grabbed their bags. "Come on Haruhi, let's leave the meanie,"

"Sure," Haruhi said, leaving Tamaki's side.

"M-m-meanie?!" Tamaki stuttered as his 'daughter' left his side. "Senpai, as long as you guys don't do anything to make it worse, it'll be fine," she said.

"That was you're real worry wasn't it?" I asked her. She smiled slightly and said, "more or less, yeah,"

Leaving, I said, "Are you coming, Tamaki?"

Before I could close the door behind me, Hunny-senpai said, "Ooh, Kyoya-chan is the most excited to see her,"

I frowned in annoyance...at least that's what it was, right?

I only needed her back for the host club, it would be unsettling for other guests to not have her 'tie loose ends' and tell them she's quitting....at least, that's whats for best.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291K 10.3K 36
*#1 in #kaoru* Azami Fujioka arrived at Ouran Academy with her younger sister, Haruhi, on a scholarship in hopes to get a better education. She was s...
1.1M 42.8K 49
❝ One, looks that attract the public eye. Two, undaunted wealth. Three, the chivalry that cannot overlook the hideous wickedness of the world. We, th...
19.3K 944 26
♡ . disce ─ perhaps no one at ouran is more qualified to deal with a broken heart than the host club. with a student's heartbreak painfully obviou...
103K 2.2K 26
A new girl comes to Ouran Academy and gets stuck with the host club on her first day. With the worry of her singing career, a hostess job, and her tr...