Running up that hill

Door Aaliyahthestudent

It's been a few months since Billy died. Life at home for Max got worse and so was her life in high school. M... Meer

Chapter 2: Battles
Chapter 3: Sleepover
Chapter 4: Memories
Chapter 5: Hill
Chapter 6: The date
Chapter 7: Troubled
Chapter 8: You need calm down
Chapter 9: I can't get you off my mind
Chapter 10: Dream a little dream of me
Chapter 11: Enjoy the silence
Chapter 12: You spin me round
Chapter 13: ๏ฟผHounds of Love
A/n
Chapter 14: Bad to the bone
Chapter 15: I was made for lovin' you
Chapter 16: Baby love
Chapter 17: Separate Ways
Chapter 18: There's No Easy Way
A/n
Chapter 19: Tentative decisions
Chapter 20: Should I stay...
Chapter 21: or Should I go?
Chapter 22: Don't you want me
Chapter 23: There's a light that never goes out
Chapter 24: Sugar on my tongue
Chapter 25: Wild Wild Life
Chapter 26: Psycho Killer
Chapter 27: All Shook Up
Chapter 28: Runaway
Chapter 29: Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
Chapter 30: Twist of fate
Chapter 31: Settin' the woods on fire
Chapter 32: Another one bites the dust
Chapter 33: Old Enough To Love
Chapter 34: Bigmouth Strikes Again
6 November

Chapter 1: High school

4.1K 30 105
Door Aaliyahthestudent

Max's pov: 

I was wandering down the halls of our new school. Today was our 14th day in high school and I was alone. I walked with my handphones on, looking straight in front of me, going from classes and classes waiting for it to be over. Mike and Dustin were at the Hellfire club, it's a D&D club, what a bunch of nerds. And Lucas who was in it too at the beginning, now was on the basketball team, he was popular and girls liked him. Him and I broke up not long after Billy's death, I was upset and said thing I didn't thought, we fought and it was over. Right now we had lunch, then in about 30 minutes I had too see the therapist of the school, Miss Kelly, and of course we did not have any classes this afternoon because it was the first basketball game of the season. I finished my plate even though I wasn't hungry and went to the therapist's office. 

"So Max how are you feeling?" she asked a warm smile on her face. 

"Better" I lied. 

"Anything happening at home?" she asked. 

"No it's pretty calm" I lied again.

"Are your mom and stepfather fighting about anything?" she asked as if she knew the answer.

"No, they're getting along. You know it's hard since...I mean..." I started continuing the lie. It was hard to say his name. My mouth refused to pronounce it. He was gone and it was my fault. Even if Billy and I didn't get along often, he was my brother and he protected me. He was protecting me from situations and people. Hell he was even protecting me from home. 

"It's alright you can say his name" she said trying to reassure me.

"I don't want to" I replied harshly.

"Yes Max but like I'm telling you since 14 days, the key to getting better is to talk and..."

"...don't close up about your emotions. Yeah I know I've been there for those 14 days too" I completed annoyed.

The bell rung and I got up waving goodbye to the therapist sarcastically. At least at the game I'd be able to do nothing and just sit for hours without having to care. I sat on a bench and looked the players coming in the gymnasium. Lucas waved at me but I didn't wave back, I was still upset that he was dating other girls even though we broke up and I didn't want him to think that I was one of those girls that were there just for attention. 

"Welcome everyone I hope you all are having a good day! Before starting the game I would like to take a minute to think about the people who died in the tragic Starcourt mall's fire. Remember everyone one of them. Be thankful for life and health. Today we are thinking about someone especially, he was on this team and was one of the best player and person we knew. He was sweet and nice even thought he had bad temper." Elena, a tall brunette with brown eyes who was on the cheerleading team, pep talked. 

We all knew who she was talking about, it made me sick. Eyes were on me, pity eyes. Elena and I hated each other I couldn't stand her and she felt the same way. I just hoped she wouldn't say his name. 

"Yes today we are remembering Billy." She declared sadly.

I felt my stomach twist. I was feeling sick, Lucas was looking at me, in fact everyone was looking at me. 

"Max..." she started. 

Oh no what is she gonna say. I make eye contact with her.

"Come here, tell us a bit about your brother. Share stories with us." she ordered "nicely". 

I got up and walked down the stairs to the court. She gave me the microphone and looked at me with a grin. 

"Uh him and I were not very close and didn't get along very well but he always...uh...protected me. He was a sport junkie and loved nothing then working out. He was my brother and..." I said trying not to cry. Everyone was looking at me, I was feeling sick and stressed. I gave her back the mic and walked towards the stairs. I was about to put my headphones back on to distract me from all of this but a hand grabbed my arm.

"Are you okay?" a voice that I knew very well asked. It was Lucas, he looked at me sweetly. I missed him so bad. I wanted to hug him but I couldn't not in front of everyone they would think of me like one of those girls. 

"I'm okay Lucas." I coldly responded. I sat back on the bench and waited for the game to be over. Once school was finished, I took my skateboard and was ready leave when Elena came in front of me blocking my way. 

"What do you want?" I asked annoyed. 

"You and Lucas are over stay away from what's mine." she said angrily.

"What's yours?" I asked chuckling from how ridiculous she looked when angry.

"Yeah Lucas and I are not together yet but like he's super into me. I might flirt a bit for fun and make out." she said lightly.

"Well have a nice life." I said going away. She grabbed my arm causing me to fall off my skateboard. 

"He even told me I was better than you, you know. He told me how awful you were and how glad he was that you broke up." she declared proudly. 

Did he really said that? Did he really thought this? I looked at the time I was already 15 minutes late and if we count the time to go home I'd be 30 minutes late. 

"Fuck I gotta go" I spoke taking my board. I got out of there as fast as possible. I opened the door and there was my mom laying on the couch drinking wine and Neil, my step dad, was ranting about his day. I quickly got in hopeful of not getting noticed when he stopped me. 

"You're late." he yelled.

"I know I'm sorry." I replied quietly. 

"You won't have dinner tonight" he said.

"But I'm starving..." I let out. 

"What did you say? Poor little girl are you hungry? Do you want food?" he mocked.

"So how was school today?" my mom asked drunk from her 5th bottle of wine. 

"Awful." I shortly replied. 

I went to my room and thought about what Elena told me. Did he really thought this? Was he glad that we broke up? Was it my fault? I stared spiraling, I couldn't help it. I cried and suddenly someone opened the door. 

"Shit head come in the living room and stop crying you weak shit" he harshly said. 

I went into the leaving room, my mom was looking at me and so was Neil. What did they found out again? Or what did I do? I was confused. 

"The school called us..." he started.

"More precisely the school's therapist" my mom half yelled. 

"Have you been seeing a therapist Max? They told us that we knew about it apparently." he declared walking towards me. Shit. They weren't supposed to know. 

"No I haven't seen a therapist" I lied. 

"You're a lying bitch! After everything we do for you! Everything! And you just go there see a therapist like you're the one with a problem?!" he yelled. He hit me hard on the head and I fell down, everything around me was blur. 

"It's only been two days! It was a try!" I once again lied. 

"It should've been you! It shouldn't have been Billy!" he screamed. 

"You hit him! He hated you! You never loved him! You were a bad father towards him and he hated you!" I let out screaming. I don't know why I said this. It was true but it was gonna cost me. He hit me and again and thrown me in my room. 

"You get out of there I kill you!" he shout leaving me on the floor. 

I examined my head by touching it. My hand was covered in blood. I needed to get help. 

"Wait are you kidding?! Since the beginning?! You've been seeing her since the beginning?!" he said walking back to my room. I locked the door and got out my window with my skateboard. I was going as fast as possible. I saw my step father at my window and he just started running out of my room. I was going faster and faster, I didn't realized that I was not far from the Sinclair's house. I kept going on my board earring a car not far from me. I saw Lucas and Elena kissing. I felt the pain of my head hurting me more and more, suddenly I fell off my board and lost consciousness. 

Lucas's pov: 

I hung out with Elena, I wasn't sure about her. She seemed to be hiding something. 

"So I was thinking, you've been dating around and I've been dating around so do you wanna date around each other?" she said. 

"Um no not really I stopped doing that. I noticed that people get hurt after that. I don't want to hurt people." I honestly said. 

"Well you certainly didn't with Max." she said insisting on her name. 

"What do you mean?" I asked confused. 

"You didn't ear it from me but earlier I talked to her and she told me that she was glad you two broke up and that she never liked you she just fooled around." she said a grin on her face. 

This didn't sound like Max either she made that up or Max said that to not be pitied. I know my girlfriend...ex girlfriend she wouldn't say that. I was in my thoughts when Elena suddenly kissed me. She said goodbye and went away. I was confused, very confused. I saw afar a skate board and what seemed to be someone. I slowly walked a little closer and saw bright red hair, I would recognize those hair anywhere. I ran faster towards her and picked her up and took her board. I came back into my house my parents were already sleeping. I took her to my room and laid her down on my bed. 

"I thought you two had broke up but I see everything is working out fine." Erica said mockingly. 

"Erica it's not the time go back to bed" I said annoyed. 

She look over my shoulder to see her head was bleeding.

"Holy shit the fuck happened to her!" Erica yelled whispered. 

"I don't know...I don't know." I said worried.

To be continued...

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

1.3K 87 3
โ ๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐‚๐€๐ ๐‹๐„๐€๐ ๐Ž๐ ๐Œ๐˜ arm as you break my heart. โž โธป IN WHICH, mavis wheeler was still broken from the year prior, she pushed people a...
18.7K 491 33
[SLOW UPDATES] When Max and her twin sister, Mar, move to Hawkins Indiana they find a small group and quickly fit in, or at least they think they do...
8.7K 202 20
Comments and Votes are appreciated and encourage me to write more! "Do you have any clue what I would do if I saw what happened to Max, happen to yo...