Can't Let You Go [Dnf Mafia a...

By ForgetMe_ForgetMeNot

A normal customer. He had blonde hair, slightly tanned skin, tall and a cute smile, I thought nothing of it... More

introduction & information about the story.
Chapter one-New person in town?
•Chapter two-Rain•
Chapter three-Snow..
Chapter four-the mafia's son?
Chapter five-Schlatt.
•Chapter six-Cat Cafe•
Chapter seven-~"you're such an idiot!"~
Chapter eight-!Alarm!
Chapter nine-Warning.
Chapter ten-Chased
Chapter eleven-Family business
Chapter twelve-"I warned you didn't i?"
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen-things i should've known.
Chapter fifteen-Discussing.
Chapter sixteen-"Moving in?"
THANK YOU FOR 2K READS
Chapter seventeen-~°•Running together•°~
Chapter eighteen-~-Free again-~
Chapter nineteen-A new person arrived.
Chapter twenty-Response
Chapter twenty-one" I'm here. "-
Chapter twenty two-Liam.
Chapter twenty three-Better luck next time.
Chapter twenty four-Thinking too much.
Chapter twenty five-The truth.
Chapter twenty six-Jealousy.
Author's note :D
Chapter 27
chapter 33
Authors note.
Authors Note (please read)
Chapter 34-Explanation.
Chapter 35
Chapter 36- kiss, kiss, fall in love jk /srs
Chapter 37- Masquerade.
Chapter- 38 masquerade 2
::Chapter 39::
.:Chapter 40:.
.:Chapter 41:.
.:Chapter 42:.
.:Chapter 43..learning to love:.
.:Chapter 44:.understanding..
.:Chapter 45:..family dinner:.
Announcement :]
.:Chapter 46:..Mission:.
.:Chapter 47:.amazing name:.
Uh hello please read, thank you.
.:Chapter..48..:.
AYO evan posted an announcement WAKE UP Thank you very much.
.:Chapter 49:..Shock:.
.:Chapter 50:..argument:.
.:Chapter 51:.miss you:.
.:Chapter..52:..gone:.
.:Chapter..53:.no name srry:.
.:Chapter 54:.
.:chapter 55:.best night:.
.:Chapter 56:.
.:Chapter 57:.truly the best night
.:N o t e:.
.:Chapter 58:.T is for Trauma:.
.:Chapter 59:.damn it.:.
.:Chapter 61:.:Cupid Chose The Wrong Person (I Think):.
.:Chapter 62:.What the hell Im in hell:.
.:Chapter 63:.
.:Chapter 64:.:Wilbur:.
.:Chapter 65:.:I Wish We Didn't Have To End Like This:.
Hi there

.:Chapter 60:.Two Birds, No Stone, Please Don't Kill My Birds.

1K 26 9
By ForgetMe_ForgetMeNot

For the past few weeks, George hasn't gone out— he always declined when Dream asked him if he wanted to at least take a stroll in the park or, to go and get coffee together like they always used to.

Or sit together on the rooftop of old rusty buildings and watch the city lights and stars at night. But it seems like George isn't willing to go out after what happened.

He hasn't shown up at the cafe nor has he asked if he could. Karl's worried about his mental state and tried to talk to his best friend but George again refuses to go out or talk to anyone in their small friend group.

He's always been asleep, or reading books in the library, or watering the flowers in the garden, or just...Wandering around.

Sometimes, Dream wonders what goes on in George's mind.

Here he goes again, out the kitchen at 8 am to go to the library and read another book— dream doubts he hasn't read all the books in the library already, counting on how many times he visits the old echoey room.

Dream takes a sip of his coffee as he watches the brunet leave. Normally he doesn't drink coffee in the morning unless he wants to relax his mind and maybe take a nap since caffeine always takes the opposite effect on him. He hums, placing the mug in the sink and leaving the kitchen to start his day, it's not like he has work to do, another break won't hurt much.

It's just. It hasn't been the same?... I don't know. They don't talk a lot, it's kind of awkward, to say the least. Yeah, they sleep in the same bed and sometimes cuddle, but their conversations haven't been the same. No laughs, no smiles, no teasing, no jokes. Just "How are you?" Or "how's your day?"

There are kisses, they still do show love to one another, but not interacting so much feels like they know less than when they used to talk.

Dream thinks if he's done anything bad since he's always the cause of the relationship falling. George tells him "no." and it's both of them that need sorting out, but the blond still feels it's like always his fault and that he needs to get his shit together.

Here Dream goes again, following after the brunet to sit and read the book he always reads in the old library, or walk around in the garden and lay in the grass as George waters the flowers and sometimes offers to help, or fall asleep on the couch together and wake up at 5 PM.

Dream opens the loud big brown door decorated with gold, George lifts his gaze from the book and looks at the blond startled. Dream closes the door behind him and goes to sit next to his boyfriend, their legs touch slightly as he continues to read his book silently.

At this point, they just enjoy each other's company in silence, Dream hopes George still loves him.

He scoots his chair close and settles his head on the brunet's shoulder, and continues to read the book with him "What are you thinking about?" George blurts out and leans his head as well, with a small surprised smile, he replies "Nothing."

It's wonderful to know that he still knows whenever the blond is worried or thinking too much, considering they don't really talk much these weeks.

Butterflies shoot in Dream's stomach just like when they did when he first saw the brunet in the cafe.

He thinks back to that moment with a smile.

"I love you."

A chuckle erupts from George.

"I love you more."

It's been a while since those three words were said and Dream smiles again. Yeah. He's gone soft. He's a big softie.

George smiles "Why are you smiling like that?" he laughs quietly "I'm just happy." He admits shyly, more quieter than usual "to be here, " he continues and feels the brunets soft gaze on him "with you."

Normally, it wouldn't take a lot out of him to spill his heart out, but something about their interaction right now is making him stutter with his words. It's like, their first time talking with each other.

All the butterflies, the silence, the occasional glances, legs touching, George's small hand fiddling with the paper, the pause.

It all seems like it's their first time, but it isn't so...Why is it like that? Why are we like this? What happened? What went wrong? Did I do something wrong?

"Stop."

"You're doing it again." He whispers and Dream feels himself calm again "sor..sorry." He feels lips press against his forehead then release "no.." Dream sighs loud and visible. George closes his book, he didn't even bookmark the page he was on.

"What's going on?" He asks, lifting his head to create eye contact. Dream freezes, why is he so flustered and shy today? "Look at me." George chuckles. Dream hesitates to look directly at George's eyes, it's not the first time and it sure won't be the last so...why is he so nervous??...

"Clay." He places his book far away and Dream finally looks at him in the eyes, why is he acting like this? what's going on today. "Is there something you want to tell me?" Dream shakes his head "It's just...I don't know what's going on with me today." he sighs, having a confused look on his face.

George's phone rings and the brunet huffs "Who is it?.." Dream asks quietly "Karl." George looks at his phone, yeah it's Karl.

"You should probably answer it." George shakes his head "No. He's going to ask if I'm stopping by today or if I want to hang out." George trails off and Dream nods to show he's listening "I'm not feeling it today." he says and Dream thinks about that sentence. I'm not feeling it today.

"It's been weeks, he misses you." Dream gives a smile and George smiles back "I just don't feel like talking with anyone." the blond let out a chuckle "You're talking with me." "You're different!" George scoffs before the both of them start laughing quietly. They sit in silence for a moment "I'm thinking..." George tilts his head, interested "Do you want to go to the cat cafe we went to last year?"

"Oh! I remember that grey cat. I wish I took it home with me." Dream suddenly perks up "Maybe it's still there." George's eyes lighten and suddenly the mood feels bright. Happy. It's like feeling a spark of electricity but in a good way.

Dream waits for an answer, and George again tilts his head. That's something about George that Dream also admires. The brunet realizes that he hasn't given Dream a yes or no "Yeah I'd like to go there." They both smile. It's been a while.
___________________

Let me tell you something, if it was another person, Dream wouldn't go out of his way and take a whole lot of breaks just to spend time with them. A mafia boss shouldn't be distracted but, with the help and permission from his father, Dream managed to get another week to spend time with George.

But after that, there are a lot of things he has to make up and he's willing to take the risk, he wants to be with George while he's at his lowest, and he wants to be there for him, but Dream doesn't want him to feel alone or unloved or uncared for, he wants to try his best to get George to feel better.

He holds onto his hand tightly as they walk on the sidewalk, Dream decided on walking instead of taking the car, thinking that maybe, fresh air might help George feel calm instead of anxious. He keeps George by his side and often checks up on him because maybe he's uncomfortable or, tired.

Well, Dream still wouldn't know cause the brunets expression is always straight, he doesn't show a lot. That's one of the things Dream wishes to come back to, George's open book. But now he'll just settle on asking, that can help them interact more with each other.

Crazy how just three weeks of not talking can change things in their relationship. It worries Dream that they're falling apart.

His phone rings. Dream huffs and they stop walking for a moment, he takes his phone out of his pocket. Sap is calling, probably something important. Dream answers the call and looks at George for a moment, they both smile at each other then dreams full attention turns to the phone.

George stays beside him, they're standing in front of an old cafe, under the slightly slanted metal roof in case it rains. Rain is still at its peak. Weird. Well, climate change—

He looks inside the cafe through the big window, its interior design is industrial, and the colors sure give a lot of a comfy aura. Sort of safe. George turns to look at Dream— but he was grabbed from his arm and into the alley next to the cafe they were standing in front.

They sure are bold to do this near Dream.

They try to put their hand on George's mouth but he bit them and tried to kick as much as he can, his body aches begging to get out of this stronghold, he's too weak for this, too tired. George throws his head back, hurting his neck slightly, worth it to get the person behind him to let him go.

They fall to the ground, a syringe catches George's eye and he feels nauseous "You son of a bitch." They huff. They were wearing a black mask, to stay unidentified. George gets up from the ground and pulls out his dagger "I suggest you put that down." The person says and picks up the syringe and lungs at him but George already attacked their stomach.

Digging his dagger in before pulling out and backing slightly away. Again they fall and George kicks away the needle from their hand and into his reach. At this point, he doesn't know what he's doing but instead lets his mind take over. Quote on quote mind equals anger.

He finally snapped.

He stabs the needle and the dagger both in his hand, aiming at his chest while his other hand had to keep the person from yelling. Another, and another, and another! And another until his hand is a puddle of blood. He collects himself, piece by piece. Finally realizing what he had done, George sits on top of the corpse with wide eyes.

A monster he created, finally being unleashed, and free. Not that he wanted that to happen, but he knew that eventually someday he'll hurt someone.

George turns his head to look at the exit of the alley, Dream stands there phone in hand with a terrified shocked expression "George...?" He calls out quietly. The brunet looks down at the corpse, then at Dream with an unreadable face.

"That felt nice."

He admits, no sign of emotion in his voice. I guess you could say monotone, or toneless.

George lets out a huge breath "I'm tired. Can we go home?" He gets up and dusts himself off before looking at Dream for a response. The blond nods still in shock. George keeps that in mind, Dream probably thought that he's too much of a weakling to hurt someone that bad.
_______________

"You okay?" Marisa asks, leaning against the kitchen doorway. George places his glass of water down
"Yeah." He nods but Marisa tilts his head, sort of unconvinced "I heard...y'know." she says quietly.

George just keeps his eyes down, cause at some point everyone living here would know. Tommy probably couldn't keep his mouth shut.

"I know." She sighs "is there something bothering you?...you can talk to me right?" Marisa raises an eyebrow "You know...you're not alone in this." She takes the toothpick out of her mouth "if something like this happens and you don't know what to do, don't be afraid to tell me. I'll beat their ass."

"You're like a best friend to me and I'll do anything to keep you from getting hurt." Marisa offers a smile and George gives a small one back "I hope you're really doing okay then what you're saying." She says one more then leaves and George thinks about what she said.

...what did she mean by that...?
_______________

"So. What happened? Is George okay?" Dreams father asks and Dream nearly choked on water, remembering "I saw him on the town cameras, I was trying to find my victim but I got distracted." Dream coughs, covering his mouth with a tissue.

"I don't know what even happened. Sap called me and I just lost it, he and the crew messed up the shipments again." His father nods "Is it bad? Or is it good? How is he? I've never gotten the chance to yet talk to him after what happened."

Dream stares at his dad for a whole minute. How is he supposed to answer that when he himself doesn't even know what's going on between the two of them?

"I don't know what to say- I've never seen him like. THAT. I mean..." Dream trails off and his father just gives him an unsure hum, his expression changes quickly and he finds himself realizing something
"I just realized I've never seen George hurt someone that bad." He muffles, his hand covering his mouth like he's whispering to himself when his dad is right there listening.

"I'm assuming you don't know how to answer." An awkward smile draws itself on his dad's face and Dream gulps. This is way too awkward for him. "I'm terrified." The blond blurts out and his father nods.

"I honestly can agree with that. George is sure..something terrifying." They sit in silence and Dream worries if George is still in love with him or not.

That's been on his mind the whole day.

"I think that. You just have to let him go." Dreams gaze goes back to his father, confused. He tilts his head. He picked that up from George "you're confused." "I am."

His dad sighs "what I'm saying is, you just have to believe in him. Let him go even if you feel like he'll get hurt or something." Dream looks at him as if he just said something dumb "don't look at me like that or I'll scoop your eyes out." "I'll keep that in mind."

"From what I've seen today, George can defend himself. He doesn't seem like he can but he just did, and he'll do it again. You just have to let him go." Dream nods slightly. At some point, he wants to try it but he's scared.

Well...these streets are dangerous, what if something happens?

"You're way too protective over him. Let him do something that can save his life for once, he'll feel more proud and happy than he is now...just a thought." His dad shrugs and dreams mind picks up his sentence and puts it on his 'think about all day' list.

"That's how I tried with your mother. Thought I should pass it on to you, maybe it'll work." Dream smiles "thank you for listening." After their fight a couple of months ago, Dream and his dad's relationship haven't been the same, with all the foolish mysteriously disappearing and stuff.

Dreams dad smiles brightly, if someone looked at his expression right now, they wouldn't think of him as a mafia leader. Dream chuckles to himself about that "I'm glad we had the chance to talk." He nods agreeing with his father.

"I'm glad as well."

Sam comes rushing in, face red and sweating. He leans on the counter panting "Uh sorry to break this wholesome moment but, we need to talk." He spoke fast and both Dream and his father knew this was something important "Sam?" His father coughs, covering his mouth with a napkin.

"Las Nevadas is hosting a masquerade next week or the next I I don't kn know." He stutters. Dream stands up, both hands resting on the table "quackity is hosting a masquerade?" He questions and Sam nods "everyone will be there, even fundy corp."

"We are invited." Dreams father shakes his head "we're not going. Thi this is too risky." What? Since when did he refuse masquerades? Dream tilts his head, eyebrows twitching "dad what do you mean we're not going? This is a big opportunity to create bonds with the rest of the group?"

His dad shakes his head aggressively "no Clay. Our situation now is more stable, from now on, let's not get into anything risky even if it will benefit us more." Dream stares his dad in the eyes but he keeps looking away. Sam clears his throat.

"Boss..I think it's best we that go, quackity will be upset if we don't...we don't really want to get into trouble with his crew." His dad sighs, fiddling with his napkin near his plate. Dream looks at it, it's red.

"Ye yes. Right. Very unprofessional of me, sorry." Dreams breath hitched at the sight of the napkin. I wish it was nothing, patches probably scratched his hand when he was playing with her. His gaze to his father was already looking at him with a saddened surprised expression.

His heart stings and he feels like crying, but why? Again, He probably accidentally hurt his hand. "You..maybe dismissed." Sam takes a look between the two before nodding and leaving the two in the kitchen.

"Are you okay dream?" His dad clears his throat then coughs and covers his hand with a new napkin. As he puts it on his mouth, blood could be apparent on the white slightly see-through napkin.

"You're coughing up blood." His dad's eyes widen and coughs more "dad. You're sick..." Dream pats his back and reaches for the water to get him to drink. His dad stops coughing "no- no I'm not sick." He shakes his head.

"I'm not sick Dream." He gets up from the chair and hurries out of the kitchen, leaving Dream with a pained look on his face. Why is everything falling apart?...
_______________

You readddd 3061 wordsss woooo!!! Drop a follow? :) I post announcements sometimes over there

The next chapter will be better, I just need to rest for a couple of days. My mind is still thinking about the academic validation that I still wish to receive from my parents- I finished finals! Yeah!

I'm going in places don't mind me

Dreams dad is sick?- cough cough what? Nothing

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46K 1K 11
Karl goes into his second year of college expecting to be paired up with George, his best friend and roommate from last year. However he gets surpris...
221K 6.7K 46
"Did you seriously just call me a prick? Last I checked, you dumped coffee on 𝘮𝘦." He glares up at me with angry eyes before rising to his full hei...
1K 67 19
OLD//HitMan AU~ A HitMan named Dream get his next target assigned to him,George Davidson,and he soons goes on the journey to take him out,but he soon...
12.7K 361 9
this is going to be a short story since i cannot think of any good story ideas that could last a while. ONCE AGAIN ENGLISH AND GRAMMAR WONT BE GOOD P...