Bucky Barnes X Y/n: I hate yo...

By Y3llow_8utt3rfly

Her hands were scarred of murder, her eyes, dull and glassy as she loses her luster and her soul longing for... More

Author's Note
Avengers Compound Visuals
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
κ§ΰΌΊπ“—π‘œπ“‚π‘’ π’±π’Ύπ“ˆπ“Šπ’Άπ“π“ˆΰΌ»κ§‚

Chapter 25

790 13 6
By Y3llow_8utt3rfly

I was walking down when I felt something from my wrist fall off and land onto the floor, 'Damn thing', I said when I kneel down to drab the clasp that had come off of my watch, but when I reached out, somebody else reached for it and took It, so when I looked up, I saw Bucky with a small smile on his face, 'thanks', I said and when we stand at our full length, he takes my watch from me, fixes the clasp on it and then put's it on my wrist for me, 'the third from the last please', I state.

'Your wrist is to small for that one', he says, 'Put it on the forth or fifth', he suggest and I shake my head, 'It hurts my wrist if I put it on too tight, so I like it loose', I tell him.

'Why don't you get a new one then', he says and I shrug, 'I'm not that great in buying stuff for myself', I said, because I wasn't, the only thing I'm good at is buying my books and I know I won't fuck that up.

'There you go', he says after its on and he turns it to face my position, 'thanks', I said and watch him smile then we fall into step and head down.

'I was thinking...', he begins but it's the only words he got out until he was interrupted and I looked up and followed the familiar voice, which made me smile, 'what are you doing here Fitz', I ask because he never shows up unannounced.

'I had some free time and thought I'd come by', he says as I smiled back at him, 'really, you should have called', I said.

'I did, you ignored my calls', he says and then I proceed to take out my phone, 'you didn't', I began to say when I look down at the screen and sighed, because I had forgotten.

'You forgot to charge it didn't you', Fitz says and I look back at him, 'maybe', I said and hear Bucky's low laugh and then followed by the team as I watch them walk over.

'When was the last time you charged it', he asks and I shrug, 'when did you text', I question

'Two weeks ago', he replies and I nod, 'then two weeks ago', I state and the team laugh again whilst Fitz shakes his head, because he's clearly unamused by this.

'You really need to remember Y/n, honestly, what is it was an emergency', he says as I put it away, 'was it an emergency', I ask.

'Well no, but', he begins but I'm already interrupting, 'exactly, win, win', I said and watch him roll his eyes at me,, 'If you think it's a win for you, then go ahead, but Alya's mad at you', he says as I look back at him, 'she rang me', I said, surprised.

'Mmm, and let's just say she's mad', he says as I put out my hand to him, 'give me your phone, I'll ring her now', I said as he shook his head, 'No, I like when she's angry with you, she gives me all the attention then', he says as I scoffed, 'I will hurt you Fitz, so it's your choice', I said as they laughed again, 'and it's like from past experiences, you don't think I'll hurt you back', he says as I roll my eyes and just when I was going to take it from him instead, I heard Simmons voice, 'yeah, high five', she says whilst Alya giggled in her arms and hit her hand against hers as she kissed it, 'I want sticker now', she says.

'Hi Alya', I said, waving at her whilst she looked at me and frowned, 'I'm not talking to you', she says as I laughed under my breath and went back to talking to her mom, 'I have stickers', I said as she shook her head, 'I don't want it from you', she says as I heard the team laugh.

'Do you want a Lolli pop instead', I said, as her head whipped back to me, and I refrained from laughing at her, whilst taking her from Simmons arms and sitting her on the counter, 'I want a Lolli pop', she says as I nod, open the flap of my jacket and reach inside my inner pocket, 'I have strawberry or cherry, which one', I said as she thought about it, 'Mmm, strawberry', she says as I pulled it out whilst she reached for it and I pulled my hand back, 'am I forgiven', I said as she nods, which was the right answer, so I take the rapper off for her and put it in my mouth instead, 'Aunt Y/n', she sternly said as they snickered whilst she reached to my mouth, pulled it out and put it in her own, 'mine, not yours', she says as I laughed a little, took it out of her mouth and put it back in mine, 'say please, and you get it back', I teased as she folded her arms over, 'do you want me to be mad with you', she says as I shook my head, 'then give it back', she says as I took it out of my mouth and gave it back to her, whilst I noticed there silent laugh.

'Great, you ate all the sourness from it', she says as I giggled, reached into my pocket again, put the one she had in my mouth, and gave her another one, 'I'll give it five seconds until you can't handle it', I said as looked at me, 'I can handle it', she says.

'Go on then', I said as she popped it in her mouth and ate it whilst I see her cheeks go red a little, 'I thought you said, you could handle it', I said after she took the stick out of her mouth, grabbed mine, put it in her mouth whilst she put hers in mine, 'that one was too sour', she says as I laughed a little and they did too.

________

We all went out for dinner whilst Alya sat on Simmons lap and ate her food whilst we did too and I felt Bucky's leg brush up against mine, I was learning to get comfortable with him and eventually I will with everyone else, but one by one and a day at a time.

'So, did you quit Simmons', I asked as she looked over at me, 'next week, papers will be finalised', she says as I nod, I felt jealous of her, she has everything and next week she'll be done with SHIELD and looking after Alya full time and honestly, I wished I had something like that to. God knows when Fitz will retire, he still wants to take down Hydra from everything that happened and honestly, he has every right to get his revenge, and take down Hydra, which was the same thing I was doing and I'm sure, when they've been taken care off, he'll be following Simmons close behind her so they can both take care of Alya full time and not be afraid of threats.

'She got into her first school', she says as I look back at them and smile, 'really', I said as she nods, 'yeah, she's really excited to go', she says as Alya nods, 'I am, I'm going to get my uniform tomorrow', she says as they all laughed a little, 'I didn't think kids still wore uniforms at school', I said as Simmons nods her head, 'They don't, but we put Alya in a private school, so they require a uniform, besides she loves the idea', she replied.

'I do', she says as we snicker.

________

After we ate, I got Alya her favourite dessert, which was basically an ice cream cupcake, which sounds nicer then it looks, it's just a simple vanilla cupcake with any flavoured ice cream, I got her the mint one, because she loves that, so I headed back and even got each of the team some too.

I saw a frown on Bucky's face when I was walking back over to them and saw that he also became upset to what Fitz had said to all of them, but I couldn't make out what that was and by the time I got there, the topic had already changed to something else and Alya cheerfully taking her dessert as I laughed under my breath at her and had my own, 'is it good', I asked as she nods.

'Delicious', she says as I laughed again whilst the team had their too and I snickered under my breath when I looked up at her and shook my head a little, she got ice cream on her nose. I picked up a napkin, reached my arm over to her and cleaned her nose as well as the side of her mouth, 'thank you', she says as I nod, 'you're welcome', I said.

________

I walked back in the compound once we said our goodbye to the three and headed up whilst I rolled my eyes at their silence, usually, they'd be talking about some none sense or discussing what they'd be doing tonight, but they weren't, 'what's wrong with you guys, I can practically hear the silence', I said whilst opening the door and walking in whilst they did too, 'Fitz told us, you can go back to Coulson's team if you wanted to', Sam said, breaking their silence as I finally understood what earlier the commotion was when I saw disappointment written on their faces, 'well, I'm fine where I am, besides, I haven't finished torturing you guys with my presence yet', I said as they chuckled and rolled their eyes whilst seeing the biggest grin on Bucky's face.

________

I was on the roof whilst sitting on the edge and writing in my diary when Bucky came out and sat beside me as I saw a bucket of popcorn in his hands, so I leaned over, took a handful and ate it, 'aren't you going to ask', he says as I look at him, 'aren't you going to ask if your allowed to sit with me', I said as he scoffed at me and laughed at the same time.

'I made it you know', he says as I smiled a little, 'I can tell, they're still warm and buttery', I said as he chuckled and put the bucket beside him and looking out, 'this place is like a movie isn't it', he says as I nod.

'Hmm, when you've lost your memory, it'll do that to you', I said as he nods and took another handful of popcorn and looks at the time, 'I've got an undercover mission in a few hours if you want to come with me', he says as I look at him and nod, 'yeah, did Coulson set it up', I asked as he nods, 'Hmm, he's getting the file together that I need to know about the mission so I'm just waiting on that', he says as I nod again, 'Okay, I don't mind, so I'll come', I said whilst he smiled, 'Good'.

'Your good at stealing right', he questioned as I nod again, 'please, this isn't the first time I'll be doing this', I said as he chuckled, 'I know, and by the way, I think an auction is involved so you might need to get something for that', he suggests as I nod and make a mental note to get one from a store.

________

'Here', Bucky says to me when he stretches his hand out to me and I look at a small dark blue box with a tied up bow on it, 'what is it', I ask when I sit up and put my book down, 'open it and find out', he tells me so I take it and pull on the ribbon first.

Once it falls flimsily away, I open the lid and look to see a rose gold watch, with a black onyx crown, a red/brown strap that was delicately embossed with a subtle bamboo pattern, it was extremely lustrous and intricately textured.

'It's very nice', I tell Bucky and look up at him, 'who's it for', I ask and he watches me for a second, before he shakes his head and takes the box with a sigh.

Then I'm watching him take it out of the casing, un-clasping it from the small velvet pillow it was wrapped around, then takes my hand, 'what are you doing', I ask him.

'It's for you', he says and my eyes snap to him, 'Bucky', I said with a sigh, 'you shouldn't have waisted your money on me over a silly watch', I begin when it's his turn to snap me a look, 'I never waisted anything, and this isn't a gift I'm finding silly', he tells me, then takes his hand off of my wrist, but keeps my hand in his, 'it looks good on you', he mutters and I move my eyes to my wrist too, 'it looks to expensive Bucky, what if I lose it, what will happen then', I ask.

'You won't lose it', he says, 'this one has an anti slipping technology in it where it won't leave your wrist', he says and laughs when I give him a look, 'that's not funny', I tell him when he continues to chuckle, 'the other one hurts you and keeps falling off, this is a great replacement', he tells me and I'm the one shaking my head with a sigh, 'I can't accept this', I tell him next.

'Yes you can', he says straight after and I'm trying to argue my case, but every time he finds some way of having a great comeback which only frustrates me because I could feel myself lose, and that never happens, 'I think your getting soft on me, you never let me win an argument', he says and I try not to laugh, 'sometimes I can't be bothered with how much you annoy me', I state and he's laughing again.

I'm then catching myself watching him and notice the way his nose crinkles, his laugh as bright as him, and his eyes sparkling more blue.

I look away when he catches me and I can see the small smile on his face in the corner of my eye until I snap my eyes to the wall as if something interesting was on it, but it was then I saw it, an eight legged spider crawling up my wall and I stare at it with wide eyes, because I'm deathly scared of them.

'Something wrong', I heard Bucky but it only takes half a second for me to run out the room and look back at him where he's got his brows furrowed together when he's watching me, 'spider', I mutter and catching him reading my lips, then looking around the room.

'Wall', I said, loud enough for him to hear it and then I'm watching him looking at the same wall I was.

Then he stands from my bed, takes the glass from my nightstand, drinks the remaining of the water I had left in it, then he's trapping the creepy thing in it.

'Oh Y/n', I heard and look over to Nat, 'Coulson wants a word before the mission tomorrow', she tells me and I'm nodding and looking at Bucky where I see the spider in the glass in his hands.

________

Coulson was quick with his talk about the meeting tomorrow, we all already knew what we needed to do, but there was just small details he wanted to go through so everyone knew.

Whilst he prattled on, I was in my own train of thought, the main thought being the spider, and what I was going to do about the room now, I don't even know how the damn thing got into the room, I'm very careful to keep everything clean and very much kept in place, but now there's a problem.

'You okay Y/n', I heard and get out of thought when I look over at Coulson, 'I'm fine', I confirm and then when he's ready to ask something else, I continue, 'I'm gonna need a new room, mines been compromised', I said, predicting his question and see his confusing.

'Compromised', he says, 'what's wrong with it', he asks.

'There was a spider, now I'm done with it', I reply and then he catches his laugh and I'm looking at him with narrowed eyes, 'it's not funny', I said and I know he's laughing to himself when he doesn't answer me.

'I don't know what you think is so funny, but you'll be coming by and taking my things out', I said.

'It's a spider, it's harmless', he says and tries to convince me but it doesn't work and I'm staring at him, 'fine, what do you want me to do', he asks.

'I just told you what I want', I state and he sighs, 'I can't, I'm busy with missions', he says.

'Fine, my things can stay in it, but I'm not stepping foot in the room again', I announce.

'And where will you sleep', he asks.

'The Couch, the library, the hallway, anywhere that isn't that room', I said, then he's laughing again and as if to predict my next move, I throw my book at him and he's quick to duck away from it, 'why do you keep laughing', I said with annoyance.

'It's funny to think your scared of spiders', he states the obvious to me again and then laughs with everyone else this time and I stare daggers at them all, 'I suggest you guys not laugh, or else I make everything very difficult for you guys', I warn them but they continue to laugh like my threats mean nothing, so I slump back into my seat and fold my arms over.

________

I was looking into the room and watch Bucky as he gathers my things, one by one, as he expects everything and I stare at him confused, 'what are you doing', I ask and gain his attention when he looks at me from the piles of books he had pillared in his arms and then he's stalking towards me, 'you said your not stepping foot into this room because of the spider', he tells me, 'the room next door is available', he tells me when we're feet apart, 'so I'll move everything for you in there and make sure everything is the way you kept it like your bedroom', he explains and I'm watching him go to the next room, then goes back and forth and I stare at him, not believing he's actually real right now.

'You don't have to do that Bucky', I tell him when he comes out of the hallway again and he stops just across me, 'I want to', he states and when he walks back into the room, I step forward and stand just by the doorway, 'I'll help from here', I said and he gives me a small smile until he goes back to his task.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.3K 1.2K 25
"Natasha, stop running." Bucky caught her wrist and forced her to look up at him. Her eyes were wild and frantic. "I can't." She pulled away. "Why no...
312K 8.5K 41
"Sorry, Ned. I've got places to be and daddy issues to avoid!" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (Y/N)'s got it all! A lifelong friend, a dea...
12.4K 557 23
~~Completed~~ Margaret had arrived almost 6 months ago now to visit her friend Natasha. After being rescued from the Red Room when she was just a you...
42K 847 128
Michelle lost her entire family in a fire as a little girl. She then grew up in various homes for orphans. All her life she longs for the family that...