INSECURITIES.

By sophia_ispeng

What happens when you fall for someone you know you're not supposed to fall in love with? ''It's cool to have... More

Author's note.
CHARACTER AESTHETICS
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4.
CHAPTER 5.
CHAPTER 6.
CHAPTER 7.
CHAPTER 8.
CHAPTER 9.
CHAPTER 10.
CHAPTER 11.
CHAPTER 12.
CHAPTER 13.
CHAPTER 14.
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16.
CHAPTER 17.
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
PLEASE READ
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
RANDOM Q/A
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44.
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46a
CHAPTER 46b
CHAPTER 47.
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49.
CHAPTER 50 {The End.}

CHAPTER 33

15 14 5
By sophia_ispeng

Jasmine's POV.

"Thank you." I reply to the driver before making my way into the house.

I try to open the door but I successfully fail as the door is locked and I am not with my house key.

Shit.

I keep on knocking and pressing the door bell but nobody comes out.

I am already having a long day, so my mum not coming out to open the door isn't even funny in any way.
I decide to call her and she picks up after the third ring.

"Hello," She mutters sleepily.

Oh wow. So she was sleeping all along.

"I'm outside," I speak from the other end and I hear some shuffling in the background before she hangs up.

Soon enough, I hear the keys twitching in the door and she finally opens up.

"Did you forget that you sent me?" I ask, giving her a chiding look.

"Sorry, I felt sleepy. I didn't even know when I slept off." She replies.

I roll my eyes before finally speaking.

"I've given Mrs. Johnson the materials and she said you guys will talk about the price on phone."

"I told her I will be getting them on the 24th too." I quickly add.

"Okay that's cool. Hope you chose fine styles sha?" My mum asks, giving me a smirk.

I laugh before responding.

"Don't you trust me again? Although I'm not going to be putting them on on Christmas day sha. I don't know who in the world still wears Christmas clothes sef."

I say, adding air quotes to the word, Christmas.

"You should even be happy that you saw somebody that is willing to get you new clothes. During my time, you won't even see food to eat, talk less of Christmas clothes." My mum says.

She can never stop speaking about her time.

"Omo, mummy that was your time please. That is why you worked hard so your baby won't have to suffer like you right? You should be proud of yourself for a job well-done now."
I say, engulfing her in a hug and she laughs out loud by the way I am snuggling myself into her.

My mum and I were never like this.
I think it's safe to say that I hated her a lot 2 years ago. But it appears that a lot of things change as we grow older.
I felt like she hated me. Or maybe, I was adopted because my real mother was poor.
The way she treated me in the past was so cruel, words can't even explain the pain she caused me when I was around fifteen years of age.

She always told me that I was a possessed witch that needed deliverance and that I was a devil incarnate. All the harsh words you can possibly think about.

I cried Every. Fucking. Day. And night because of her. I felt like the loneliest person on earth. I felt so unloved. I felt    
really unappreciated. I would do my best to impress her by doing all the house chores but she would still pick one fault and use it to insult the living daylight out of me.

Let's not even talk about my Dad because. . . . !
That man fucked with my mental health badly. They both fucked with my mental health but he was worse than my mum.

I was always wondering why a parent would be so cruel to their only child.
I heard that the only children were always treated with love and care but mine was extremely different.

Maybe they were just putting out the frustration of not being able to bear another Child on me.
I didn't get the parental love I needed so I was forced to get it outside and now I'm seated here with a broken heart.

Life.

At least I have my mum back though.
Even if I can't necessarily tell her that I'm hurting deep down, we can still keep each other company whenever she's not at work.

"You just interrupted me from my peaceful sleep. I was already in heaven like this." My mum nags, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"I'm not holding you again oo mummy, you can go back to bed now." I reply, raising my hands up in mock surrender as she retreats to her room.

Exhaling deeply, I walk down to my room and lay flat on my bed.
All along, one question is on mind.

Why was Dave smiling at me?

I pick up my phone and go online to check if Tokyo has replied to my messages and I don't even know how to explain how what I saw did to me.

Tokyo. Left. Me. On. Seen!

I can't believe this. He saw my messages hours ago, including my voice notes and he aired me!?

Tokyo fucking aired me!

Perhaps, he's tired of me always talking about Dave all the time.

Or maybe he is tired of being my friend?

I need to calm down.

Even if he chooses to leave, I don't need him right?

I can be fine without him right?

Oh fuck it, I do need him!

Tokyo is my favorite person and he's tired of me already.

Okay okay, I think I need to chill out.

I check my story views and what I see there makes my heart want to burst out of it's ribcage.

Dave viewed my story!

Omo.

What is this boy up to self?
First, he smiles at me. . .
Secondly, he views my story.

I feel really tempted to just check out his page and see how he's doing.
But If I go there today, I will go there tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow.

And then I will gradually turn into a hopeless stalker. But I don't want that.
I don't want all my efforts to be put to waste.
I don't want to start all over from square one.

This boy is making me helpless and Tokyo isn't doing any good to the situation on ground at all.

I turn off my mobile data and retire to bed.

Right now, I just need to shut down from everyone, and everything.

                          *****

Thursday, 23rd December 2021.

It's been six days since the whole Dave and Tokyo incident occured, and Tokyo still didn't reply to my messages so I blocked him.
I blocked him because coming online everyday to see that he left me on seen did a lot of damage to me.

He knows I'm already going through a lot and he left me alone.

All alone.

But I don't blame him, I'm not worthy of anybody's love.
I'm too complicated for anybody to even like me, talk more of love.

I'm not supposed to be living because my life is a mess.

I'm meant to be making my hair today.
Some of my cousins came around three days ago too.

For some odd reason, I am not excited for this Christmas. I don't even feel like it's Christmas in two days.

My mental health has been on edge lately and I dont even know if I'm handling it well.

No matter how bad my parents treated me in the past, I was still always excited for Christmas but this year is just off. It feels like I'm getting sadder as the day goes by.

I go into my bathroom to have a quick shower and when I come out, I call my hairdresser to ask if I could start coming over.

She asks me to come by 11 and the time is presently 10:20 so I have some minutes to prepare.

Not wanting to dress up too much, I settle for a white tank top and a lilac track with a white converse.

I apply lip gloss on my lips, and mascara on my lashes.
After applying some cologne, I take my ATM card and walk out of the house.

I stand outside for a cab and I get one soon enough.

I finally arrive at the place after what felt like a fifteen minutes drive. I walk in to see some other people there.

Everybody wants to be fine for Christmas.

The place is a beauty home, basically.
They have a section for nails, a section for make up and tying of gele, a section for cutting and dying your hair to any colour of your choice, a section for making your hair, a section for body, feet and hand massage, e.t.c

The lady who owns the place is around 27 or 28 and she's already making her cool money.

I sit on one of the couches and block my ear with my pods, waiting for my hairdresser to be done with the little child's hair of about six years.

There are other hairdresser's here to be at my service but I want her to make my hair.

After 45 minutes to one hour, she rounds up with the little girl's hair and begins with mine.

I go for braiding since it's been a while and she begins plaiting.

I sit here comfortably, while another guy does my nails.

       3 Hours Later.

"Your hair looks beautiful, Love."
A woman in her early forties compliments me.

"Thank you, Ma." I respond, giving her an appreciative smile.

The hair is indeed beautiful. It's always my hairdresser or nobody else.
She does not only know her job, she knows how to do it well.

I am in love with my nails too.

I make some videos and post them on my instagram story as I go to the cashier to make my payments for the hair and nails.

I stand outside and wait for a cab to take me back home and I see Dave walking into a supermarket very close to the beauty home.

My heart nearly rips out of it's ribcage that moment, it can't stop racing so  freaking fast as I watch him walk into the supermarket, and watch him come out with a shopping nylon in his hands.

I also watched him drive away and all this while, he didn't see me.

I wanted to act oblivious to the fact that he was there and also walk into the supermarket so we would bump into each other but was there really any need for that?

I was over him.

Over what we had.

Over what we shared.

And right now, he is a complete stranger to me.

                  ***
So Tokyo is avoiding Jasmine now🌚?
Do you know why?
If you noticed, I tried to let you guys in on what she was experiencing before she met Dave.
How her parents were harsh too her and all.

Jasmine saw Dave again, but he didn't see her. Okayy.

Until next time, you know the drill.
Don't forget to Like, Comment and Share.

And don't forget that. . .

        You
        Are
    Special💕.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 373 46
A young and innocent girl, bullied and shamed for her complexion, fell in love with a newly admitted classmate in high school. A twist- she had a bes...
15.5K 1.8K 26
Losing somebody you love is one of the most heartbreaking things ever. And, something exactly like this happened with Blaire Evans when she lost Elij...
4.7K 82 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
489 184 31
Hellen, Nicole, Stacey and Jasmine are best friends with different personalities. where some find true love and some find betrayal in the name of lov...