All in the Game

De MorganWardle

๐“๐ซ๐ฎ๐ž ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐๐จ๐ž๐ฌ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ž๐ฑ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ... Abigail Williams has a guarded heart. After denying herself lov... Mais

Authors note
Playlist
Prologue
Chapter one || New beginnings
Chapter two || The injury
Chapter three || This can't be good
Chapter four || Fired
Chapter five || Cake face
Chapter six || Wake up call
Chapter seven || Making dreams happen
Chapter eight || Welcome Home
Chapter nine || Mr. perfectly fine
Chapter ten || Well this is awkward
Chapter eleven || Forgiveness isn't so easy
Chapter twelve || Double trouble
Chapter thirteen || Tough decisions
Chapter fourteen || Breakfast & feelings
Chapter fifteen || I can't trust you
Chapter sixteen || Making amends
Chapter seventeen || The vegan pasta debate
Chapter eighteen || Holy hell that's hot
Chapter nineteen || Secrets revealed
Chapter twenty || Gifts are the way to a woman's heart
Chapter twenty-one || I love you...maybe
Chapter twenty-three || What to wear
Chapter twenty-four || Party fun party
Chapter twenty-five || Wine & Gossip
Chapter twenty-six || Boyfriend & Girlfriend
Chapter twenty-seven || The outing
Chapter twenty-eight || Hospital fights
Chapter twenty-nine || Panic attack
Chapter thirty || disaster strikes
Chapter thirty-one || The call
Chapter thirty-two || I love you...not
Chapter thirty-three || A hard goodbye
Chapter thirty-four || One final goodbye
Chapter thirty-five || Third times the charm
Chapter thirty-six || The letter
Chapter thirty-seven || Is it really a choice
Chapter thirty-eight || Remembering you
Chapter thirty-nine || Here to stay
Chapter forty || Happily ever after
Epilogue

Chapter twenty-two || Burnt scones & dates

1.8K 21 1
De MorganWardle

𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 

Love is a complicated thing. 

It's not always easy to say, and once you do you can never take it back. It may only be four small letters, but they make a big difference. 

Love is waking up every morning with your soulmate wrapped in your arms, it's holding your kids for the first time, it's that feeling when you know this is forever. I have known since I came back home, and saw Abby for the first time in years that my love for her will never fade. 

I tried so hard to rid myself of her, in the end it only made me lover her more. What's not to love? She's beautiful, smart, can achieve anything she puts her mind to, and she's been a single mother for four years now. Abby has got to be the strongest person, and I admire her for it. 

When telling her my feelings yesterday she never gave me a direct answer. In fact, she didn't give me an answer at all, instead she changed the subject. I'm not trying to push her into anything. Especially not now when our love is so fragile. 

Abby has already let me move in, and now refers to me as the boy's father. Which are both huge steps! What if she never says it? I know what I want but what if she no longer feels the same? That's a possibility and a risk I'm not sure I want to take. 

Turning to face her she's sound asleep. Last night we went to bed without even a kiss. Is she mad at me, did I do something to upset her? And if I did how am I supposed to fix it? 

Watching her she looks so peaceful. I used to do this all the time in college when we dated. I would pretend to be asleep sometimes just so I could watch her sleep, I was in awe of how lucky I was to have her in my life. 

My stomach grumbles and it's then I remember just how hungry I am. All I had for dinner last night was chicken nuggets and popcorn. It grumbles again, I need to think of something fast before I wake Abby. When I moved in she told me I could use everything in this house as my own, I could make breakfast but I can't do it without making her something as well. 

I could attempt one of her vegan breakfast recipes. Looking once more to make sure she's still asleep, putting on some clean shorts I head to the kitchen. My mouth waters just by looking at the recipes. Still not knowing what to make I grab random ingredients from the pantry. 

I could make something from scratch without even using a silly old recipe. But I want this to be something good, and I'm not an experienced cook. Abby owns a lot of cinnamon and honey. What could I possibly make with that? Flipping back through the book I find a recipe that uses both. 

Vegan honey cinnamon scones. Sounds good to me, getting to work preparing the food. Before long the kitchen smells like the inside of a bakery. Fingers crossed this turns out good. Abby's picky when it comes to baked goods, I'm more fit for cooking but even then, I'm not a pro. 

I once burned Mac and cheese in college. And it wasn't the box kind, no this was one of those little microwave packs. That's the day I realized that if baseball didn't work out I could never major in culinary. 

I'm making the honey glaze when Abby walks into the kitchen wearing a purple silk nightgown that makes her look like a queen. My jaw drops because fuck she's messing with my mind. "Something smells good." 

"I was going to surprise you with breakfast in bed." 

Her eyes go wide, and she gives me an apologetic look. "It's fine really. Are you still surprised?" 

"Depends on what your making, and if it's vegan or not?" Grabbing her hand, I pull her to my chest. "Scones and yes." I tell her before kissing her neck. She moans which makes me go even crazier wanting more and more of her. 

"Is there a reason for this?" 

"No, just me making you breakfast." 

I'm not entirely sure if she believes me or not. Her head stays leaned against my chest. "Are you nervous about today?" 

"Why would I be?" 

Her hand rests on mine and she brings it to her lips kissing the part of my skin that's not covered by the cast. "Because the doctors going to tell you if it's time to remove the cast or not." I'll admit it's a little nerve raking but I'm choosing to keep an open mind about all of this. Cast or no cast I'm still me. 

Is she nervous? I would understand if she is. Without my cast there's so many possibilities for me, is she nervous that I'll leave again? That's not going to happen! If my cast comes off today, I'm staying right here with Abby and the twins. They are my life now not baseball. 

I came home to heal, in hopes of going back. But I'm not...I'm not leaving ever again. I hope she understands that more than anything. I will have Abby's back in all of this until she no longer want me. 

The timer beeps, taking the scones out they look a little on the burnt side. "I don't understand I followed the directions perfectly." Checking the recipe again I realize my mistake. I preheated the oven to four hundred. See? This is exactly why Abby is the baker and not me. 

"I'm sure they still taste amazing!" She says as I add the glaze on top. She grabs two plates from a nearby cabinet setting them in front of me. After letting the pastries cool, then adding one for each plate. We make our way over to the living room to eat them. 

My first thought as I bite, and chew the scone is; are scones supposed to be this dry? I can't hide my disgust I also added way too much cinnamon. What was I thinking making breakfast for us? Abby at least tries to make me feel better. "They honestly don't taste that bad." 

"You're right they taste awful!" 

She laughs, "scones aren't supposed to be this dry." 

Grabbing her plate and mine I discard of the scones in Benny's dish. He sniffs the food but doesn't eat. Motherfucker. It's bad bad when not even a dog will eat it. "I brought extra cookies home yesterday from Val's we can eat those." 

"Perfect," she throws one my way and I catch it perfectly. Cookies for breakfast isn't my ideal choice. But it beats burnt scones that are drier than the Sahara desert. "I wasn't going to tell you but we got invited to a party." 

"Why weren't you going to tell me?" She hesitates for a minute. "Because it's Rosemary's party." 

"Why do you say it like it's such a bad thing?" She nibbles on her cookie. "Because you don't know her the way I do." 

""I remember her from high school she doesn't seem all that bad." 

To be honest I don't remember that much about her, other than the fact that she was popular girl in school. We shared a dance once when we won prom king, and queen. Other than that, I don't know much about her. 

"That's because she didn't put slugs in your backpack, or poor melted cheese in your locker." Wrinkling my nose I say, "maybe she's changed?" 

"Doubtful." 

Finishing my cookie in one more bite, I look over at her. "Well, I think it could be fun. Besides you can't hold a grudge against her forever." 

"Guess I'll think about it." She replies bringing her lips to mine. She tastes like chocolate chip cookie and cinnamon. I could get used to the taste of her, the way her lips feel against mine. Like they were made just for each other. 

"Mommy I peed in my bed!" A tiny voice comes from down the hall. A laugh escapes me as Abby groans. "Is it too late to go back to bed?" 

"You are an amazing mother." I tell her. 

•••

Magnolia Creek doctors office is the size of a trailer home. With only two doctors, and an apprentice I can see why the office is so small. "Nathan Scott in the flesh." Bart little says coming to greet me. The first thing that comes to mind is that this man is way too old to be here. Yet he still looks like he could be sixty. "Hey, Dr little." 

Bart's been my doctor since the day I came into this world. It's ironic that he be the one to give me this news. He examines my arm for a while before adjusting his glasses and saying. "Everything looks to be in shape. I think it's ready to come off." 

My heart leaps with joy! This is the best news I have heard all day. He takes the dirty cast that's covered in drawings the boys did. My arm is pale from having no sunlight exposure. "I think you should be good to go." He tells me examining it once more. "Just take things slow, ok? We don't want to reinjure it anytime soon." 

Nodding I practically run out of his office, and to Val's. Bursting through the front door like a mad man screaming at the top of my lungs for Abby. "What on earth are you do—" she notices my cast free arm, and runs to me throwing her arms around my neck. We spin until we are too dizzy to stand. "This is amazing!" 

"It's more than amazing!" Kissing her forehead I say, "I can bring you on a date without that stupid cast getting in the way." 

"Ya'll need to celebrate!" Val speaks up eyeing us. Abby hops off my lap remembering where we are. "Sorry Val." 

"Don't apologize to me. Why don't you take off tonight and the two of you go on a date?" 

"Even if I took off, we wouldn't be able to go on a date. We have no one to watch the boys." Val gives Abby an are you serious look. "Don't be silly I'll watch the boys. The two of you deserve a date night." Abby looks at me and I shrug. I have been wanting to take her out. "Ok, I guess one night off can't hurt." 

"As long as you promise to let me pick what we do tonight...without complaining." She gives me a worried look, "deal." I smile because I'm taking my girl out on our first date in four years. 

𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷

They're finally going out on a date! What could possibly go wrong? 

If you're enjoying my book All in the Game. Please click the star and share your thoughts in the comments. I will update chapters every Wednesday so be on the lookout.–Morgan 💕

And to enjoy even more bookish content and get even more info for my stories follow me on TikTok and Instagram: moe_lovesbooks 

Continue lendo

Vocรช tambรฉm vai gostar

Oklahoma Grown De Extra Basic

Ficรงรฃo Geral

402 18 16
Nathan is having to return to his home state of Oklahoma, following a devastating divorce. As he tries to overcome the fear of rejection, he learns t...
13.6M 634K 56
After the accident, Noah Archer built a wall around himself. But Riley Dawson is curious about him, and she's determined to meet the man behind his d...
263K 11.4K 59
This isn't a story for the faint of heart. This is a story about a girl who loved a boy. A boy who couldn't love her back. This is a story about the...
1.8K 79 18
Abigail is trying to make it through the world without the person she called her soulmate. What will she do with a best friend who blames her? A rel...