Unrequited love

By sol1tary

Love. As 'beautiful' as love can be it hurts and bleeds. If you're unlucky you may even love the very person... More

𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐔𝐀𝐋𝐒
One | Katie
Two | Katie
Three | Katie
Four | Colten
Five | Brylan
Six | Katie
Seven | Katie
Eight | Brylan
Nine | Katie
Ten | Colten
Eleven | Lilah
Twelve | Alex
Thirteen | Brylan
Fourteen | Damon
Fifteen | Katie
Sixteen | Noah
Seventeen | Katie
Eighteen | Katie
Nineteen | Colten
Twenty | Brylan
Twenty one | Katie
Twenty two | Lilah
Twenty three | Colten
Twenty four | Lilah
Twenty five | Alex
Twenty-six | Damon
Twenty-seven | Katie
Twenty eight | Noah
Twenty-nine | Katie
Thirty | Katie
Thirty-One | Brylan
Thirty-two | Alex
Thirty-three | Katie
Thirty-four | Brylan
Thirty-five | Colten
Thirty six | Lilah
Thirty seven | Damon
Thirty eight | Colten
Forty | Alex
Forty-one | Lilah
Forty-two | Katie
Fourty-Three | Katie
Forty-four | Alex
Fourty-five | Damon
Forty-six | Noah
Fourty-seven | Katie
Forty-Eight | Brylan
𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑪𝑰𝑨𝑳 || Damon
Forty-nine | Lilah
Fifty | Katie
Fifty-one | Lilah
Fifty-two | Brylan
Fifty-three | Colten
Fifty-four | Alex
Fifty-five | Colton
Fifty-six | Colton
Fifty-seven | Brylan
Fifty-eight | Lilah
Fifty-nine | Alex
Sixty | Colten
Sixty-one | Colton
Sixty-two | Lilah
Sixty-three | Brylan
Sixty four || Katie
Sixty-five || Damon
Sixty-six || Alex
Sixty-seven || Damon
Sixty-eight | Lilah
Sixty-nine | Colton
Seventy || Lilah
Seventy-one || Damon
Seventy-two || Lilah
Seventy-three || Katie
𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗜𝗖𝗘 || 𝗘𝗡𝗗 𝗢𝗙 𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞

Thirthy-nine | Brylan

19.6K 311 217
By sol1tary

'It's not unprovoked.' I grab the edge of my shorts. Not giving him much of an explanation, Damon hasn't really noticed me yet. He's just standing there as he takes all the yelling that he's getting from Katie.

I really love their relationship since they keep each other in check. If they where both only children then Damon would be in juvenile detention and Katie would be in a mental health hospital.

Heading towards Jordan, my main fear is if Damon told him about me. I don't want him to think that I'm telling people since I'm honestly scared of him. He's way taller and stronger than me so it won't take much for him to hurt me again if he wanted.

Squatting down next to him I take a look at his nose. Maybe he forgot about me and I could make a good new impression.

'You need to lean forward since you nose is-,' I don't get much out since he grabs my wrist to move me closer to him.

'A friend of a friend.' He looks at Katie before looking at me. 'So it's you?'

Feeling my heart sink I should've just ran when I saw him. He would've caught me eventually since we go to the same school but I feel like I walked right into an obvious trap. Trying this new 'good impression' thing really didn't work.

'I barely touched you. Why did you tell him?' He makes it obvious that he remembers me. I guess I should've been grateful that he ignored me in the halls.

'I'm sorry I just-,' I stop talking since I don't know what to say. He's talking in a low tone so no one can hear us and I'm too afraid to not do the same. No one is even paying attention to us anyways since they're focused on Damon and Katie arguing.

'Use your mouth.' He threatens me which makes me flinch. I cant just get up and leave since the grip around his wrist tightens. 'Its the only thing you're good at using. You know thinking about it makes me miss it a little too much.'

Taking his comment to heart I try my hardest to pull away until I feel him suddenly let go. Confused im pulled up onto my feet by the hood of my hoodie. Glancing to my side I notice Damon gripping the back of my hoodie as he stares at Jordan. He must've noticed us talking.

'Its like your asking me to kill you.' Damon looks at Jordan and I shove him off me.

'Are you kidding? A fight? Look at your hand- no actually- look at his ankle and nose!' I yell at Damon but he doesn't seem to be showing a lot of emotion in his eyes right now. He doesn't even bother looking at me and just keeps his eyes locked on Jordan.

'The same group of kids! Is this some sort of joke on me? 'Let's piss of the principal!' is that the game we're playing?' I hear Principal Carson yell which makes us freeze. The crowd quickly scatters since when the fight with Lilah happened yesterday the people who watched got into shit for not doing anything.

'Lets go to my office. I want to talk to all four of you so we can figure out what's going on.' She waves at us to follow but quickly stops when she looks at Jordan's leg. Glancing at Damon he hides his hand behind his back.

'Oh my god.' She pinches her nose bridge in frustration.

-

Awkwardly sitting on the chairs outside Carson's office, Jordan was sent to the nurse who immediately sent him to the hospital. His ankle was completely out of place so he had to go get it checked professionally. Katie ended up going to class since Carson told her to, after she found out she was trying to diffuse the situation. I was also allowed to go but I didn't.

Damon wouldn't have been able to really explain his side of the story so I ended up telling Principal Carson about Jordan. It was so painfully awkward but I know Damon wouldn't have told her himself so I had to. It was either I went to class and he ended up in legal trouble for harming him for 'no reason' or I just share my traumatic experience with no repercussions. Even though everything about Damon pissed me off, a part of me felt inclined to help him. I'm not sure why I feel that way but but it might've just been because he did me a favour I guess.

Carson ended up excusing me after I explained so she could talk to Damon privately but I decided to wait. She gave me a hallway pass out of pity and said I could go to class once I felt like I was in the right head space to. I thanked her but she might still think I'm 'healing' when im not. I want to say I'm fine now and I've moved on from the whole situation but I haven't really. Growing to realizing that I cant change it helped though, except I get occasional nightmares. Not as much anymore, maybe every month or two weeks but it used to be constant.

Flinching when Principal Caron's door opens Damon walks out and I look at his hand. It's all wrapped now since he went to the nurse before coming here. Apparently he sprained it and has to get to checked so the nurse wrapped it for him an gave him an ice pack to numb the pain he's going to feel once the adrenaline wears off. It seems to have worked off by now since he's holding it awkwardly so he can put the ice pack on without the weight of the pack on top of his hand.

Looking over to me he freezes. I dont think he expected me to still be here.

'I'm sorry- I shouldn't have done that and I might've pissed him off now.' He tried to explain but I don't really care anymore. He needed to face his karma eventually and what's done is done.

'Well-,' I try to tell him but he doesnt give me an opening to talk.

'You're also probably pissed off at me but I don't do 'pinkie promises' I just needed to know who hurt you.'

'Yeah I-,'

'So I got a little over my head and-,' he continues to ramble before stopping and trailing back. 'What did he say to you? Did he threaten you? Wait actually don't tell me if you don't want to.'

'Damon-,'

'Actually do tell me. You hate me already so I don't mind anymore. What did he actually say to you?'

'All he did was ask if it was me who told! He doesn't know it's me so it's fine.' I lie in a hushed tone. If he knew what he really said then he would probably kill Jordan and I don't want to be the reasoning. 'Thats it. And im not mad at you Damon.'

'What?' He moves his hand from the uncomfortable position to a still uncomfortable, but more normal position.

'I'm not an idiot, I knew you wouldn't just sit there and do nothing when I told you.' I shift in my seat uncomfortably. 'I think I slightly hoped that you would do something...I hated seeing him happier and happier everyday after what happened since he faced no consequences- I was stupid and didn't immediately report him, so all the 'evidence' on my body was gone after a while...you know how rape cases are usually treated with evidence so it would go to shit without it.'

Sitting down next to me he rests his head on the wall behind us so he's looking up at the roof. 'I'm glad one of us benefited from my stupid actions then...because now i cant play for two weeks because of my sprain...I'm happy that you're happy.'

'Two weeks isn't too bad...you'll be fine in two weeks if you don't stress it. I've sprained my knee from slamming it into the ground at Volleyball games so you'll be fine,' I try to tell him. He'll survive if he doesn't play for two or three weeks. It's not too bad anyways and he can get other hobbies in that time.

'I'll be so bored.' He sighs before looking at me before nudging me suggestively. 'You'll keep me entertained, wont you?'

Blinking at him I cant help but laugh. Leaning forward I glance at him and he gives me a confused look which only makes me laugh harder. Besides the millions of Cons about him, one of the very little Pros he has, is that he's delusional. He has to be the only person in the world who would make a suggestively sexual joke to someone after they just fought that persons sexual abuser. 'I just beat up your rapist but anyways can I get it?' Is the energy that statement had and it's so funny to me.

'What's so funny?' He chuckles and I bite my lip to force myself from laughing again.

'Nothing,' I shake my head.

'Then lets go...these hallway passes don't have a time duration so we can use them all day,' He gets up but I stay seated.

'I want to go to class,' I deny him since I don't want him to take me agreeing the wrong way. If I go with him and its actually not that bad then he'll think im warming up to him. I guess I kind of am though. I dont hate him anymore but I cant date him even if I wanted to and I don't.

'You know I was upset about the necklace...but I was actually mad at you because-,' I feel like I owe him an explanation but he finishes my sentence.

'It would hurt Katie I know. I figured that out myself...but she thew a plastic car at the back of my head when I was eleven and I had to get stitches. It was the most painful thing I've ever experienced.' He makes a comment which makes me laugh again. 'So I don't really care if her feelings get hurt since the headaches I got for months after that hurts more, so lets just go.'

'Yea but I care about her,' I kick my legs playfully whilst sitting down. They're siblings so I don't really expect him to care, but I care because I'm her friend and not her sibling. 'Sorry, but I'm trying to be a good friend,'

'At least come to the bathroom with me so I can check my hand...I didn't get a good look at it,' he begs so I give in. He's hurt because he was looking out for me so at least I could go with him to check it.

Following him to the bathroom we don't say anything to each other and it's weirdly not awkward. Usually I need to be talking with people since I dread the silence but this silence feels alright.

Pausing when we finally reach the bathroom I head towards the disabled toilets but he doesn't. Watching him enter the mens bathroom I lose sight of him. A couple seconds later he comes back out and gives me a confused look.

'Are you coming?' He blinks at me like it's normal for me to go into there.

'What? Why would i go into the mens bathroom?' I crease my eyebrows. 'What is someone walks in?'

Smiling at me he rubs around his mouth to hide it, as he tries his hardest not to laugh. We've been doing that a lot today and I don't really laugh at anything. But right now I genuinely don't understand what's so funny. The last thing I want is for someone to walk in and get me into shit for being there.

'No one cares Bry...I can promise you people will be too afraid to snitch on me,' he tries to comfort my concern but it's actually making me question my safety around him.

'Brylan not Bry.' I don't let him get away with it. I've only let the closest people in my life call me by my nickname. 'And I don't think that's a good thing...people shouldn't be so afraid of you Damon,'

'Okay would you rather me go into the girls bathroom?' He raises his eyebrows sarcastically but I know his offer isn't a joke.

I'd rather go into the guys bathroom than him going into the girls bathroom. Almost all the girls at this school are snakes so if any of the girls see him with me then the whole school will know in an hour flat. Especially if it's Damon since everyone is in love with him. A guy would see me in there and assume I'm one of the random girls he always hooks up with and instantly forget.

'I swear to God if I get groped by a random guy or some shit...I will never forgive you.' I finally agree and he just shakes his head.

'It's empty anyways so it's fine,' he shrugs it off.

Entering the bathroom it's surprisingly cleaner than I thought. I had expected it to be absolutely filthy but it's really clean. I can't tell if a cleaner just cleaned it or the guys are surprisingly hygienic.

Turning to look at the mirror above the sink I walk over to it, to fix my hair. I have it up in a ponytail since I was supposed to put it in a bun then I forgot. Sighing as I look to my side to notice Damon staring at me. Following his eyes to my hand I notice that he's staring at my bleeding arm so I quickly cover it with my sleeve. When Jordan grabbed me he dug his nails into me but I've been ignoring the injury. It'll heal itself anyways.

Glancing up to my eyes he gently grabs my forearm and pulls me towards him. Quickly moving his hands my my waist he props me up on the countertop in one move which startles me.

'Let me see.' he holds his hand out whilst looking me in the eye. Reluctantly giving him my hand he pulls up my sleeve and I look too. I hadn't actually noticed how much it was bleeding. Jordan must've been gripping me really fucking hard.

'Nail marks?' He questions me as he grabs a tissue paper from the dispenser behind us. Running it under warm water from the tap behind us, he begins wiping off the blood but it doesn't stop bleeding.

'When Jordan was 'talking to me' he dug his fingers into me when he was holding me in place,' I shrug it off like it's nothing before looking up at him. Surprised to see that he's genuinely concerned he begins unwrapping his wrapped hand with his teeth. I didn't see it as a big deal so I thought he wouldn't either, 'what are you doing?'

'I'm taking some of my bandage off so I can put it onto you.' He keeps unwrapping with his teeth whilst keeping eye contact with me, 'you shouldn't be so careless about your body...what if you got infected? What if Ivers hygiene is as shit as his personality?'

Laughing at the insult towards Jordan, I watch him rip the bandage and retie the ends on his hand. The nurse added so many layers on his hand that removing some makes it look a little less clumpy and more moveable.

He wraps it around my cut but I don't watch him do it. Instead I'm staring at his face since I'm only now realizing that I've never looked at him head on. I'm around 5'4 or 5'5 and he's maybe 6'3 or 6'4 so I'm always looking up to meet his eyes.

'What are you staring at?' He mumbles to me as he ties the bandage around my hand. He didn't bother looking up to see if I was actually looking at him so he must've felt my eyes.

'Nothing,' I look at my wrist to see it's all bandaged up now.

If I was honest I doubt I would've gotten an infection since my immunity is insanely good at this point since I never bandage myself. I just rinse my injuries under warm water and call it a day and usually it just heals perfectly.

Looking back up at him he's already looking at me. Not saying anything I stare back at him. Weirdly it's still not that awkward so I take the opportunity to just look at him. He's very pretty if I where to be honest.

Generally. He's got perfect features and I don't think I can find a single flaw except for a small cut on his jawline. I'm not sure if I want to know where he got to from but it's faint and I only now realized since I'm so close to him right now. Letting that fact sink in I notice his eyes move down to my lips before glances towards the door.

Sliding off the counter and onto the ground I immediately regret it since I'm now in between him and the sink counter since his hands are placed on either side of me when I was sitting down. Glancing at the door I want to leave but I also don't want to leave? It's probably because I have phycology right now and I'm skipping out on it because of him. I think I'm nervous because I don't want to get into any trouble with my teacher.

Feeling his hands inch closer in on me, I straighten my back to give myself more space since he's practically closing up on me.

'You're really pretty.' he mumbles as he lifts my head by my chin.

'You've emphasized that opinion.' I point to his hand which makes him roll his eyes. He did beat up someone for me and I'll forever be grateful because I was too afraid to do it myself.

'Have I?' He mumbles sarcastically before moving into me. Before I can figure out why, I feel him kiss me. Startled, I put my hands on his chest to move him away but I don't.

Holding his shirt instead feel myself lean in. His hands move down to my waist, and I find myself getting distracted by how warm they are right now. He's really sensitive to weather. I can tell since his temperature is always changing so drastically.

Allowing his tongue into my mouth I immediately register his taste to be similar to cherries. I'm not sure what he ate but whatever it was it tastes really good. Noticing him try to move away I follow him so he turns his head to get rid of me.

'Eager.' He teases me so I let go of him. 'I thought you hated me,'

'I didn't hate you,' I shrug awkwardly, 'I just...hate how persistent you are...not you,'

'If you told me from day one that all I needed to do is bust my hand from beating some guy up to get you to kiss me then I would've done it so quick.' He holds his wrapped hands up to his chest to emphasis how injured he is. Frowning I immediately feel bad so I move my hand off his chest.

'Okay Damon,' I crawl out of his grasp but he jokingly grabs forearm.

'Please don't gooo,' he frowns but I slide my hand away from him.

'Thanks for believing me.' I feel the need to say but he just looks at me seemingly surprised. Not giving me a response he just pokes the inside of his cheek, he's so shy. I was a little worried about how he would react when I told him. Even though we weren't on the best terms I most likely would've cried if he called me a liar or something. They where friends after all.

My phycology teacher is one hundred percent, satan if he was on earth. She'll grill me for not showing up to class when I have to go there again. I don't need that right now so I better go before the lesson ends. I would drop the class because of her but I want to be a therapist when I graduate so I can't.

'I really need to get to class...some of us aren't big and scary so teachers actually yell at us,' I shrug jokingly so he just sighs and let's go so I make my way out the bathroom.

I wonder if he's ever been yelled at by a teacher before. He's alot more built and taller than most of them so I wonder if they're just as afraid of him as the students. If they where then maybe he wouldn't go around snapping peoples bones like popsicles. Although I do feel a little bad for leaving him like that, what am I supposed to do? Kissing him was cruel and sticking around would be even worse. I don't want to give him mixed signals since I know how that feels. I've been avoiding doing that for so long so kissing him was such a bad idea.

I should've just said no to his offer to check his hand. Then this would've have happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

382K 7.9K 43
Drama. Drama. Drama. That pretty much describes my life. I mean when your living with your 7 older brothers, 5 cousins, best friends, and a 3 month o...
221 2 7
** Trigger Warning ** • Disclaimer: All messages & names have been changed & adapted. This is a novel based on creating awareness for bullying and m...
1.6M 38.1K 71
"𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲, 𝐄𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐞. 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲...
1M 14K 64
𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐒 two years ago, my life changed forever. All it took was one night to alter the rest of my life. I wasn't sure about a lot of...