The HELP

By miszDanni

The rich caring for the poor. It's the tale of Marley and the misfortune and fortune that befalls her. And th... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 20

101 2 17
By miszDanni

She left him. Klaus had been in that state of mind for almost a few months before he started to believe in her return. He felt like the air was tainted. Some days he felt like he was drowning and other days he felt the air was suffocating, he hated. So he had to, he to believe in her return.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

When he found his mum, after finding her lying with his dad he smiled. She stood from the bed as he slept and she went to her son and hugged him.

After they apologized to each other Klaus asked to excuse himself. He had to keep his word to Marley about the ice cream before she got tired. He called for her, searched for her through out the entire home. He went to her room only to see it empty and vacant. Then he knew, she left him. She had run away, she hadn't stayed.

That was when he trashed her room. Throwing everything at the walls that couldn't protect her. Then he fell to the floor, no tear just heavy heaves. He looked at his mess and felt the need to clean. Until his mother and Maura along side her walked into the room.

Ellie looked at her son. Her hand covering her mouth as she felt the pain he felt by the way he had inflicted it out on the room. She kneeled beside him and felt the shake in his palms he was angry and he was hurt.

"She left......she--she lied to me."

Ellie shook her head hushing her son. Ellie knew the story didn't make sense. If Klaus told Marley not to she would have stayed. Marley cared for her son and everyone could see that. They cared for each other. She couldn't understand.

"Don't give up Klaus."

He shifted his head to face the wall already wallowing in defeat. Maura stared at the boy knowing what truly happened and didn't think Klaus would come to this. Women had left him numerous times and he always said he wasn't bothered by one. But this was his reaction to Marley. Maura felt a pang of guilt but she couldn't tell him yet.

Maura grabbed Ellie by the shoulders, "Give him a moment."

Marley sat in the back and watched the trees they passed. She wanted Klaus, nothing but Klaus. She wished they talked or held each other's hand a little longer.

Gregory could sense her mood. She was stuck in the place they were leaving behind because of Klaus. He pitied her, because he was all she really was shown to. She hadn't lived her life to have experienced heartache and heart break. So this was her first, at least with the opposite sex.

"When we return to my home, I want you to care for my children. Also you need to find work if you want to keep your money good. And if you are to return to him you're going to need money."

"Don't you have a wife to tend to your children?"

"My wife passed years ago. So no. That is why you are allowed to stay with me. You are going to be my nanny. I have three children. Mildred, Annie, and Theo. I want you to care for them. That will be your part in rent."

As he rambled on, Marley began to think of the day she will return and the day she will see Klaus again.

••••••••••••1 YEAR LATER••••••••••

Marley held onto Theo's hand. "Come Theo we have to clean your hands."

Gregory watched her with a smile on his face. She had gotten so accustomed to their living arrangements and was taking very good care of his children. She worked hard in the evening and even harder in the day while she was with the children.

She smiled as Mildred and Annie ran to tackle her. They welcomed her and they practically loved her like she was their moth--he looked away from Marley as she laughed. Her squeak if a laugh. She laughed often then not since they had come to Florida and she had gotten accustomed. Her first week of cries was impossible but those are over.

Marley stood from the crowd of children and looked at the three of them. They were beautiful children and try reminded her of Klaus' children. Except these children were much younger than his. But she knew he would have loved them.

"Come on, let's eat some lunch."

Gregory approached Marley as she lead the children to their seat at the table.

"Um Marley would you be willing to join me for dinner, just the two of us?"

She shook her head no but the word, "Sure." Came out instead. Gregory smiled and clapped his hands together.

"Well then I'll be back tonight. To take you out. Be ready."

"Uh okay..."

After Gregory got off from work he picked up a bouquet of flowers, mostly just colorful daisies. He noticed Marley was the out doors type. When he got to the house he opened the door to find her kissing Theo's wounded finger.

"Okay Theo off to bed okay. I'll be back to check on you." She looked at him as the babysitter sat on the couch.

"Shall we?" He asked.

"Okay." He handed her the flowers and she put them down. She was confused as to why he gave her flowers. It was his house, she wasn't supposed to take them with her on the date was she? She thought.

After getting to the restaurant Marley realized she couldn't do it. It was a sushi restaurant it smelled like living fish. He lead her to a seat anyway though she wanted to run for the entrance they had just come through.

"Marley, you've really grown since..."

"Gregory what's happening? Is this date because you have an interest in me?"

He smirked, "Yes Marley."

"Oh but you can't."

He chuckled, "Well why not?"

"Because I still belong to Klaus." And the dinner date went awkward real fast. He hadn't a chance and she hadn't given him one. She didn't like the food and she didn't like seeing the man kill fish. After Gregory ate she leaned forward, making him smile.

"Yes Marley?"

"Can we leave?"

His smile faded, "Sure."

Klaus held onto his aching head as he sat behind his desk piling himself in his work. He sat up thinking of gardens and Marley. He wondered what she was doing and if she was thinking of him. But, maybe she moved on. He wished for a mere second that he could move on. Do what everyone told him and just tried dating. But he didn't want to he wanted Marley and he had to believe that she would return. So he left his desk and went to his piano. He thought maybe if he played, somehow she'd hear and show up at his door.

A year he had done this, playing The Story of Marley for her in hopes that she'd come.

A girl shows up at his door, "Uh hi. I'm Wendy. I heard you playing and...is that piece an original?"

Klaus thought it would be Marley he hoped it would be. But there was no hoarseness in her voice. He turned to see the girl she was beautiful. Blonde shiny hair and pale skin with piercing green eyes and finally decide to reply.

"I wrote it....it's for someone."

She nodded pretending as if she understood. Klaus shook his head knowing she had no knowledge of it really. He wrote that for a girl after making love to her. Without truly knowing he had loved her. She had no idea she couldn't possibly, Klaus continued to think. She took a seat beside him.

"Do you have a name?"

"Klaus."

"Your oddly quiet Klaus. Why are you in this dark building all alone?"

"Why did you come into this dark building all alone?" He retorted.

She shrugged, "Maybe your music pulled me." He silently wished it had pulled someone else. "Would you want to go out for something to eat? Or ice cream? I seen an ice cream parlor on my walk."

He nodded his head yes though his words disagreed, "No, I'm waiting for someone."

"Can I wait with you?"

"I don't think it'd be wise if you did. Because when I see her, I can't say if I'd even remember you being here. I most definitely would make you feel awkward and she is so shy she'd probably worry about you. And I don't want her to get jealous. I want her to trust me. You see I love her and when she comes I will forget you are here and I would really hate to do that."

Wendy stood at his words, "I will go then."

Klaus nodded and returned to playing the Story of Marley. Silently praying the next girl to show up would be Marley.

••••••••••2 YEARS LATER•••••••••••

Klaus sat behind his desk as he opened up the mail. Another man asking for him to marry his child. All these men looking to sell their child it was disgusting he thought, revolting.

Ellie walked into his office, she ruffles his grown hair, "Afternoon son."

"Mother, I can't right now."

"Looking at more suitors?"

"No, what happened to falling in love. What happened to marrying someone because you love them, not because of age, or status, or wealth. But love. Where age didn't matter, status didn't matter, and more importantly wealth didn't matter. He rubbed on his very little grown beard.

She smiled at her son, "I worry that you will wait forever for her and she will never return."

"Don't you think I do to. But she told me she will come back to me. I know and I have to believe that she will come back to me."

Ellie nodded, "Of course my son. Come home for dinner please don't over work again."

"Mother I---" he began for his excuse.

She grabbed on his arm pleadingly, he was turning into what she once was. He needed help, and she couldn't help him. She hated it.

"Please Klaus, please come home for dinner."

"Okay I will, you have my word."

"Thank you." She kissed the tips of her finger and placed it on his cheeks. He shook his head as he returned to the mail on his desk.

Maura sat in the kitchen waiting patiently for the car to arrive. She hadn't ever grew the courage or the will to tell Klaus. To tell him it was her plan and that she didn't do it to hurt him. But she did tell Marley what was happening to him. He had broken. Turned into his mother. He was harsh, he was working more, and how he had made it a mission to end the Help Foundation from the ground up. They did end, only for him to make a shelter for those in need with much better living conditions and food. She told her how he visited the grave of her mother often and how he didn't do much.

She was worried by the time she returned Klaus wouldn't be the same man she left.

So Maura was waiting for the car.

Ellie returned home to find an anxious Maura. That's all Maura seemed to be anxious. Ellie thought it best to leave her be but Maura's anxiety was beginning to make Ellie wonder.

"How is Klaus today miss?"

Ellie shook her head, "I made him promise to be home for dinner. Please cook something well and get the best wine please." Ellie was prepared to go inside when she asked, "Maura is everything okay?"

Maura nodded, "Yes ma'am."

But the car didn't make it to the house because it was pulling into the lot of Filmco Enterprises. The heel of her shoe hit the floor of the old street. The loose flow of her pants swayed as she moved. She walked through the halls hardly unnoticed. But she made no looks in anyone's direction. First she went for his office she was told he lived in. Only to find it empty. Then she went for his old room where he would play with the kids. For some reason a man was in there. The keys on the piano being tapped playing a song only he and she knew. His hair was long and curly and it made her smile. Because she would not have recognized this man had it not been for the song he played.

"Klaus...." She nearly whispered.

He looked up a look of emptiness prominent on his features. But they began to fade as the creases in his forehead began to deepen. As the corners of his lips pulled into a smile. As he stood from his stool. He made no sudden moves and neither did she.

Her voice was still horse but with more base. Her hair was still curly but shorter, But she was different.

His voice was deeper, his hair was longer and he was different. They noticed the differences first but they knew the truth they were still them. Klaus was Klaus. Marley was Marley.

Klaus hurried to her and she ran into his embrace. She still smelled like the gardens and he still felt like home.

Marley looked up at him her eyes searching his, "I missed you." She said.

"I cant even begin to describe how much I missed you." Klaus said in return. Klaus played with her wavy curl and looked at all of her. She was dressed in a white blouse something the old her would have worn but she also wore loose pants that the old her wouldn't have worn. She had on heeled shoes and she looked confident. While when Marley looked at Klaus, in his button down black shirt and his black pants with a stain on the side. His over grown hair and his facial hair she seen the uncertainty in him.

Marley stuck out her hand, "Hi, it's very nice to meet you. I'm Marley."

"I know." Klaus smirked confused.

"No." She chuckled. "You see Klaus all we really know about each other is our name and what once was. Don't you think we should get to know the new us?"

"Nice to meet you Marley, it's Klaus." He smiled, "I think you are very beautiful. Would you be willing to go on a date?"

She smiled, "I'd love too."

He began to walk her out when he asked, "So....what do you do now?"

"I am a journalist in Florida. I have a column in NewsPapers where I anonymously bash on really bad living or working conditions." She nodded her head seeming very proud of her work.

He smiled pleased with her answer, it explained her new found confidence. "Well I am a Filmco Enterprise CEO and Chairmen, I am the head owner and best pianist this side of town has ever seen."

She smiled because she was very happy with that answer.

As they continued to walk outside he asked, "Any recent boyfriends?"

"No boyfriends." Marley mentioned not feeling the need to bring up her disaster date that year ago with Gregory. "What about you, not boyfriend I mean a girlfriend. Any girlfriends--friend?" She smiled, her slight mistake reminding him of his old Marley.

"No...just you it's always been you." He said, taking the biggest fresh air possible and having the fresh oxygen flow that had him feeling alive again. Klaus nodded sneaking another glance at Marley and he felt the loosening of his lungs as he finally was able to take his breath of fresh air.

THE END.

A/N

Please check out my newest completed story!! It's called A Work of Art. It's a really short story and I really hope you can vote and comment. Thanks for reading and I hate to have to do say this but goodbye for now!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.1K 936 15
What if Robin is a villain,the one without mercy and love...until he marry beautiful miller's daughter Regina? And how will Regina feel being in a ma...
7.9K 117 17
You're mine and remember that. It don't matter if you ugly or not you are mine and nobody can't replace you.
2.1K 91 41
This story is about a girl who grabs the attention of the Mikaelson family it is full of twist and turns of how a Simple girl has a certain attenti...
7.8K 88 11
We all have that one passion that sticks to us and doing what we love makes us happy. Haileys passion leads to a fight with her dad and she ends up i...