Why us? (Pokemon fanfic)

By shinymewgirl

Everyday for as long as she can remember Emma has forced herself to face everything alone. She wants to belie... More

Prologue
1- A way back home
2- Stalling
3- Home sweet home
4- This should be good
5- Promise me
6- Good luck with that
7- Getting ready
8- Descoveries
9- Find a weak point
10- Nightmares become real
11- Break down
12- A new companion
13- I will stand my ground
14- such a joyful pain
15- unbalanced battle
16- when will it stop?
17- how much worse could things get?
18- a bad guy?
19- desperate reach for freedom
20- experimentation
21- not a second time
22- The Guardian Angel
23- rainy night camping
24- together at last
25- Fighting back
26- Not a peep
27- Nightmares come true
28- Be proud of me
29- Burning hatred
31- Stalkers, stalkers everywhere
32- The balance of three
33- A series of unfortunate events
34- Family reunion
35- Extended family tree
36- The Legendary Plan
37- One down, two to go
38- An electrifying match up
39- Battle bonds
40- Battle with angels
41- Does anyone understand Shadow anymore?
42- It begins
43- Twisted memories
44- A new Dark Room
45- Whispers in the dark
46- A day off
47- Sweet dreams
48- Bad turns
49- The Testing Continues
50- Old habits
51- The testing ends
52- It will be okay
53- Escape
54- Almost home
55- Conciquences
56- Too much damage done
57- The Ultimate Wepon
58- Trust in me
59- Closing the rift
60- Comatose
Epilogue
Final thoughts on the 'Why?' series

30- The key to Purity

1.6K 125 64
By shinymewgirl

~*🌸*~
~Night's pov~

Emma was asleep in a few short minutes which didn't really surprise me, she'd been struggling to sleep lately while caught by Team Galactic and the burn on her back and ankle no doubt caused her a lot of pain. I'm honestly surprised she made it to the door and back without falling or waking me in the process. I slowly shifted my position, being careful since Emma was leaning against me and her back was injured. It wouldn't take long for her to be able to heal herself of her burns and the sooner the better. N claims to have changed but I still find him sketchy, and I wouldn't be able to let my guard down until Emma was safely out of here.

~*🌸*~

The hours passed slowly, the sun had begun to peek through the curtains before Emma stirred again.

"Night?" Emma's voice was soft and unsure.

I rested my head on Emma's shoulder so she could see me. "Yeah?"

"I..." Emma looked like she didn't know what to say. "Are we really..."

"Saying in the same cabin as N in the middle of the forest? Yes, we are."

Her face seemed to drop and she squeezed her eyes shut. "Why did you let him near me?"

"I panicked. His aura... It was different. I didn't sense the darkness in him that once corrupted his heart. Trust me Emma, I would have never let him near you if I thought he would harm you."

Emma was silent but eventually she sighed, looking up at me with fear swirling in her blue hues. "I trust you Night... I'm just having trouble trusting myself lately."

"What do you mean?"

She sat up, wincing slightly as she did so. "It's just... Why can't I defeat the villeins anymore? My Pokémon are in their prime in battle so why am I always so easy to pick off?"

"The bad guys don't play fair Emma. You do, and so far both Team Prosperity and Team Galactic have fought you in unfair battles, Team Plasma would to as well as Team Void. I don't even recall you even getting to finish a battle with any of them before the resorted to knocking you out or threatening your friends. You play fair, and that's nothing to be ashamed of, it's what makes you the Voice of Purity." I lightly nudged her cheek. "I know because you're part of me."

Emma stared at me for several moments, she seemed to have dropped the wall she normally uses to hide her emotions. Her fear, shame, uncertainty and sadness each swirled around freely in her sapphire eyes. She sighed, looking down at her hands. "I'm just not sure of myself anymore. It feels like everything that's happened in my life is because of luck, and now it's running out."

"Everything you have Emma, you fought for. You fought to prove to everyone that you are worthy of everything you have. You've protected your friends with you life and that's something to be proud of. Maybe lucks been involved but not with everything, you have what you do because you're a fighter. You don't give up."

My trainer wiped her eyes. "I don't know how I'm meant to do it anymore. How can I keep fighting this on my own?"

I shrugged, inspecting my silky tails. "You can't."

Emma frowned at me. "Was that meant to be helpful advice?"

"I didn't finish, you can't keep fighting on your own. That's why you're friends are here for you, you're Pokémon to. You don't have to keep fighting on you're own Emma because you have so many people willing to help you but you just keep pushing hpthem away."

Emma didn't reply again, hanging her head and refusing to meet my eye so I decided to continue.

"You're a brave girl Emma, you've been though a lot, most of that would break a person but you keep coming back and fighting more. You don't need to shut out your friends to protect them because that will put them in more danger then if you accept their help. I know it's hard for you to trust people because of your past but you have to try."

I leant against her shoulder, giving her a reassuring smile and waiting for her to reply. "I want to, I try so hard to accept my friends but I just keep seeing them get hurt and I can't let that happen. Silver's the only family I have who actually loves me and Red... He's taught me so much and if he got hurt because of me, I could never forgive myself because of it."

A gentle knock on the door interrupted our talk, Emma looked at the door nervously before glaring at it slightly. "Go away." She demanded, slightly irritation seeping into her voice making her sound more like herself.

"I was just checking if you were hungry." N replied without opening the door.

"Well I'm not so fuck off." Emma growled, her features hardening more.

"Okay okay, sheesh." N replied, sounding a little amused. "Remember, you're free to leave whenever you wish but Team Galactic is everywhere, looking for you I'm assuming."

Emma groaned slightly but didn't reply further. She looked down at her X-transceiver. "You have shit reception."

"We're in the middle of nowhere, what do you expect?"

She let out a huff of annoyance and didn't say anything more until we heard N leave. Emma sighed. "I will never understand bad guys."

"Neither will I." I shrugged in reply, curling up next to her. "Can you heal yourself yet?"

Emma looked down at her hands, a look of concentration appearing on her face as she tried to bring the ability to heal to her hands. A few sparks of the healing magic lit up from her finger tips but nothing more, signalling that Emma was still to weak to be able to heal herself. For several more minutes, Emma tried repeatedly to get her powers to work but even after I shared my strength with her, she never managed more then a dull glow which didn't do anything but num her pain. I could tell she was getting anxious and she didn't want to risk leaving yet, but she didn't trust N either. Neither of us knew how long until he turned around and backstabbed Emma, if he even would but chances were not something we could risk. We both agreed that as soon as Emma was strong enough, we would be out of here.

"Can you communicate with Faith or Melody?" Emma asked after giving up on healing herself today.

"Maybe, why?"

The brunette hung her head slightly, hiding her face from me but I could still naturally read her emotions like an open book. "I was going to ask if you could tell them I was alright since the two are probably panicking right now."

"I'll see what I can do if you try and get some sleep." I replied softly. 

Emma sighed. "Fine, but only because it will help us get out of here faster."

"Atta'girl." I smiled, playfully licking her cheek resulting in a glare in return.

I shrugged and helped Emma back to lying down, trying not to hurt her in the process. She most likely wouldn't admit it, but she was still really weak. She's still scared of Cyrus, and hasn't eaten properly in days, now we're staying in the same place as N until she's strong enough to heal her burns. Although he currently isn't forcing us to stay, Emma's injuries were.

I wonder if I have some sort of healing abilities over Emma? That wouldn't sound to Farfetch'd wouldn't it? Maybe I should bug Arceus about it despite the fact that he told me I had to discover the powers I had myself unless it was an emergency... Could this be counted as an emergency? Hmm... Maybe more glitter was in order... Lots and lots of glitter.

All of the glitter.

I smirked and chuckled to myself. Before resting my head on my paws to sleep, I made sure to keep my mind open to Emma so I'd be sure to know when she woke up or if the room was entered.

~*🌸*~

Day's passed by slowly. Emma was slowly able to heal her ankle before starting on her back, moving was still uncomfortable for her but she could now at least walk. She avoided N at all times, hardly even glancing at him as she walked past. She refused to leave the room or let N near her without me since her back was still badly burnt, restricting how freely she could move.

She kept nagging me about leaving but I knew we were that far away from the Team Galactic hideout and if we needed to run, Emma wouldn't be able to. She ate and slept little and simply shrugged me off when I asked her about it. She did have a normal habit of not being to eat in situations where's she's around someone she dislikes and no doubt her uncomfortable feeling she had to N was affecting the way she ate and slept. Arceus refused to give me any hints towards if I had healing powers or not leaving me to plant confetti bombs in his room. Hehehe... I wish I could see the look on his face when they went off.

Emma shifted beside me before her eyes fluttered open. "Have a nice nap?" I yawned boredly.

My trainer shook her head as I assisted her up into a sitting position. As usual the first thing she did was see how well her healing abilities would work and as usual all she got was a dull spark. She let out a long low groan. "Why isn't this working?" She growled. "I want to get out of here." Her frightened nerves radiated from her body. Her terror of N, her fear of what her friends might be doing and the uncertainty of how her Pokémon were made Emma a mess of emotions.

I sat up, my long tails curling elegantly around Emma in the effort to comfort her in the way a hug might. "It won't be to much longer now."

"It's been a week Night." She replied bitterly. "I'm so fucking useless at this."

I sighed, my blood flecked eyes gleaming in a sort of amused way as I pitied her at the same time. "You're not useless Emma, you're still getting the hang of your abilities and as you practice more, you'll be able to summon them with ease. No one quite understands how your powers work because of the minimal time any Legend has had to oversee how the powers related to the Voice of Purity work. Just give it more time."

"I don't have time." Emma groaned, a small sob bursting out at the end. "I don't even want this."

I smiled at her, in a gentle reassuring way. "You know, if you didn't have this power, I wouldn't have come into existence. It's funny really when you think about it, the creature made to destroy the essence of Purity within you, now you're Guardian Angel."

"What's that got to do with anything?"

I shrugged. "Nothing, just stating a fact."

Emma's lips curled into a distasteful frown. "Now's not really the time for that."

I shrugged again. "Just trying to keep things light. Your sappiness is starting to get kind of over dramatic."

Emma sighed, staring at her hands with a distant expression. "What am I expected to do? I can't do anything."

"If I recall correctly, you didn't always rely of the powers of the Voice of Purity. You used your own smarts and abilities to protect yourself and your Pokémon. Tap back into those skills, into yourself, and I think you'll find what you're looking for."

"Since when did you start with riddles and nonsense shit?"

"Just not actually, why am I doing a good job?"

"Unfortunately, yes."

I rolled my eyes. "Look within yourself for the answer to why your powers have stopped working."

With a sigh, Emma obeyed, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath in.

I let my mind enter hers, it's not really what you'd expect your mind to look like. Shattered pieces of silvery stained glass floated around like petals of flowers scattered in the wind. The oddly calming yet unnerving darkness surrounded the edges of her subconscious as what seemed to be a large tree sprouted from the core of her very being. This was the place I had been made in, the darkness in Emma's mind, the fear and anger that coursed through her very blood. It wasn't difficult to make something out of what's already here. Her negative emotions once fed me life, now it disgusted me that it was what I was made from, that her pain and fear had been forced into a weapon.

I trotted forward, looking up at the bloom on the tree. Each small, delicate bloom was a person Emma knew. The bigger the bloom, the better she knew the person, the brighter it bloomed, the more she loved them. Some blooms were big and wilted while other were small and bright. Her Pokémon each held a bloom to, the brightest of all I will add. Even I had my own, a medium sized one which I had watched grow from a simple bud. As Emma and I had grown closer the bud had opened, glowing brighter then most the blooms I had seen, but then, not many of the flowery blooms did glow because of the lack of trust she places in others. Many of the symbols of trust were dead, never to glow, never to be trusted. I however did notice that a once dead bloom now stood just a little taller, as if Emma had only just seem the goodness within a person and was still unsure whether it was real of not. The green bloom, swirled with grey no doubt represented N and the uncertainty to trust him or not.

The blooms were they keys to Emma's strength, the love she felt was what powered the Purity within her. I felt her searching her mind, looking through her memories for a hint toward the answer she was seeking. I smiled to myself, touching a ruby red bloom, resurfacing a memory of Emma's that happened only a few months ago. A memory she shared with Red that had been made by myself and Emma's other Pokémon in order to help teach her to love. She'd shown faith by believing Red could help her where no one else could.

The silver bloom was next, showing Emma her innocent side from when she was still just a child as she sat in a field of wild flowers, making a crown of flowers while talking to Silver as he watched from aside her. I chuckled to myself as she placed the crown atop his head before running off with a cheerful cry. At the time, Emma had been aware that something was amiss in her house, she'd always hoped that it would go back to normal if she persevered long enough.

The final touch came from a purple bloom, the final memory Emma shared with Destiny as kids as she handed over a small, orange Pokémon. Tears in her eyes as she gave her most prized possession over to her closest friend. The day Emma had been moved to an orphanage in Johto after continuos threats had been made by her father of taking her back despite him being deemed unfit to take care of a child. Emma final moments of trust in her friend had found the two together despite how long the two had been apart.

I nodded at my work, leaving Emma to put together the pieces I left her mind. She was smart, she would realise that she's always had the ability within her. The love she shared, the joys in her life and the trust she placed in others are what fuelled her abilities. She just needed to realise that.

Several more moments of silence passed before Emma looked up at me with questioning eyes. "Faith?"

"Annnd?"

"Umm.... Joy?"

"Try again."

"Erm... Hope?"

"Bingo, one more."

Emma thought hard about the final one. "Trust?"

"Dingdingding- three point." I smirked. "How fitting that three out of the four of your partner Pokémon are named after the very fuel of Purity. You keep forgetting about the bonds you share with others and that the best way to protect yourself and them is by keeping your friends close and letting their faith, hope and trust guide you. Tied in with love and you'll never go amiss."

Emma nodded once, shutting her eyes as a look of deep concentration came on her face. She focused all her powers on healing her injuries, successfully bringing about the healing magic. She gasped in surprise as she beamed with pride as she brought on her most successful attempt to heal herself, she shut her eyes once more as the healing magic flowed towards her burnt back, healing top he wound completely.

She threw her arms around me. "Thank you Night, for showing that to me."

"Gah, the clichéness in messing up my fur."

~*~*~*~*~🌸~*~*~*~*~
Word count: 2892

So what do you guys think? A nice chapter from Night or what? You might also notice that the beginning of this book is messed up a bit. Right now I'm working on fusing chapters together to make them longer and give me more room to work so please ignore that for now. I'll fix it asap. 

Anyway, please vote, comment and keep on reading on my little bubbles!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 136 13
Pokémon: Betrayed-Chosen+Prime What happens when you come home after saving the Kalos Region? What happens when most of your friends, family, and Pok...
172K 5.8K 46
3rd in devil as of July 9th 2018 62th in heaven as of June 25st 2020 61th in soul as of June 25st 2020 I can't see their faces because the lights are...
49.5K 2.7K 29
Once upon a time, there lived a poor little girl in the dirty streets of the human world. With her parents gone and her having to survive alone, she...
13.6K 340 31
*Going Through Major editing* "You can be a Pikachu..." "You can be energy.." "But I'll love you either way.." *First ever story* In a trainerless w...