š†š‘šŽš–šˆšš† šš€šˆšš’ ā™”š–...

By livinginaparacosm

"š’”š’‰š’†š’” š’š’Šš’Œš’† š’˜š’‰š’Šš’”š’Œš’†š’š š’Šš’ š’‚ š’•š’†š’‚š’„š’–š’‘" š€ šŸšØš®š§šš¢š§š  š¦šžš¦š›šžš« šØšŸ š­š”šž š˜šØš®š§... More

šš‘šŽš‹šŽš”š†š„
š˜š„š€š‘ šŽšš„
šš€š‚šŠš’š“š‘š„š„š“š’ šš€š‚šŠ
šš‘šŽš“š„š‚š“šˆšŽš
š‹šˆš„š’
š‚šŽšŒš…šŽš‘š“
šˆš‚š€š‘š”š’
š‚š”ššˆšƒš’ š‚š‡šŽšŠš„š‡šŽš‹šƒ
šŒšˆš’š“š€šŠš„š’
š’š„š‘š„ššˆš“š˜
š€š’š’šˆš’š“š€šš‚š„
šš‹š„š€š’š„ šŠš„š„š š€š‹š‹ šƒš‘š€šŒš€ š–šˆš“š‡šˆš š“š‡š„ š“š‡š„š€š“š‘š„ š…š‘šŽšŒ š“š‡šˆš’ ššŽšˆšš“ š…šŽš‘š–š€š‘šƒ
šš€š‘š„šš“š€š‹ šˆš’š’š”š„š’
šš”š“ š–š‡šŽ š€šŒ šˆ, š–šˆš“š‡šŽš”š“ š˜šŽš”?
š‘š„š‹šˆš„š…
šš‘šŽšŒšˆš’š„?
š’š”šš’š“šˆš“š”š“š„ š‹šŽš•š„ š‚š‡šˆš‹šƒ
š‚š”š‘šˆšŽš’šˆš“š˜ šŠšˆš‹š‹š„šƒ š“š‡š„ š‚š€š“
š“š‡š„ š€š’š’š€š’š’šˆš
š†š”šˆš‹š“
šˆ š“š‡šˆššŠ šˆš•š„ š‡š„š€š‘šƒ š“š‡šˆš’ š’šŽšš† šš„š…šŽš‘š„
šƒš€šƒšƒš˜ šˆš’š’š”š„š’
š‡šŽšŒš„ š’š–š„š„š“ š‡šŽšŒš„
šˆš š“š‡š„ š‰š”šš†š‹š„ š“š‡š„ šŒšˆš†š‡š“š˜ š‰š”šš†š‹š„...

š’š–š„š„š“ šƒš‘š„š€šŒš’

393 13 13
By livinginaparacosm

I woke up randomly in the middle of the night. I wasn't sure why but I felt as if someone was watching me. Thoughts of the owls filled my head and I couldn't shake them away.

I made an attempt to sit up but something held me down. I lowered my gaze to see Wallys arms wrapped around me. I smiled slightly before continuing to look around.

His window was open now and the curtain blew in the soft breeze. Only thing is I'm pretty sure it was closed when we fell asleep.

After that I couldn't fall asleep. I laid there for what felt like hours, but I couldn't.

'I could go on patrol? That always helps' I thought that myself, 'though we're in Central City so I'm not sure how productive that'll be'

I sat up straighter, unintentionally waking up my boyfriend as he began to move.

"What 're you doin'?" He mumbled into my hair.

"Can't sleep" I whispered, "don't worry, go back to sleep"

He shook his head no and sat up straighter, "let's do something then"

"You need sleep"

"I'll survive. Wanna go out?"

I thought about it before nodding.

And that's how we ended up on a random city rooftop at 2AM.

"Thank you" I smiled as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Of course, I wasn't just gonna leave you to stay up" he told me.

Suddenly the noise of sirens filled the air as a car chase sped past us.

We smiled at each other before both running off to follow the vehicles, him on the road and me using my grapple.

Eventually the car was cornered. I jumped down from the air and landed gracefully beside Wally who watched the car intently.

The police dogs present starting going crazy, barking loudly towards the vehicle.

Everyone watched, waiting for something to happen, when the door quickly opened and someone ran out.

They we're fast, not Flash or KidFlash fast, but way above average.

"I'll go after them" Wally told me quickly, "search the car and find out what's happening with the dogs"

I nodded in affirmation as he ran down the ally which the criminal had before.

I checked the front seat to see the keys were gone so I had to reach behind to open up the back doors. While a couple cops searched the seats, I picked open the trunk.

When I opened it, there was a suspiciously large amount of weapons, a bottle of gasoline, various cat fluids, and matches.

Still curious about the rest of the car, I popped open the hood and walked towards it. I didn't even notice the police dogs going crazy and pulling their holders away from the vehicle.

The moment I opened it, the entire thing exploded, sending all of us flying back.

I flew into a wall and rubbed my head which had hit it, forcing myself to stay awake.

I got up and was in the process of making sure everyone around was ok when we all heard a loud gunshot from the direction the criminal ran it

The direction Wally ran it.

We all froze for a moment, then sounded two more.

Without thinking, I ran in the direction of the shooting even though multiple people told me not to.

When I got there, the enemy was gone and so was Wally is what I thought until I saw him bleeding out on the ground.

I ran over and kneeled beside him quickly. His hand was holding over his abdomen. I carefully removed it to reveal two bullet woulds, then I noticed the one on his leg.

There was something different about them though, they were spreading frost.

"Ok...ok.." I made an attempt to calm myself, I couldn't panic now. "Stay awake please stay awake"

Barry was the first I tried to reach, no answer. In fact, none of the Wests, Allens, or Garricks answered.

I was holding one hand over the wound to apply pressure while I used the other to contact practically everyone I knew.

I was able to reach the watchtower and I waited as the line rung.

I was terrified, and even almost unconscious Wally could tell as he placed his hand over mine, he was either not bothered by the blood or didn't even notice.

"Dove, why are you calling at...3AM?" Green Arrow answered.

"KidFlash was shot, like a lot. There's a lot of blood and ice and he's barley responding at this point" I told the archer, beginning to hyperventilate as I spoke. "I can't loose him, I don't know what to do"

All medical experience flew away as the panic came on.

"Ok kid, calm down. I'm tracking your location and there's a zeta tube nearby. Superman is on his way now. Stay calm and apply pressure, try to keep him awake. Can you do that for me?"

"Mhmm" I sniffed and I kept applying pressure. I felt so useless in those moments.

"Superman is leaving now, and I'm gonna stay on the call"

"Ok..ok.." I made an attempt at taking deep breaths.

Wally grunted slightly and my eyes shot up to look at him.

"It...hurts" he managed between heavy breaths.

"I know, I know. I'm trying" I told him, failing to hold back tears.

"You're hurt" he said, now whispering, "you need help..."

"I'll be ok. Don't worry"

I felt his hand hold one side on my face, I could feel the blood.

More tears fell as I tried to keep it together.

"Don't cry" he told me before slowly looking around and smiling. He grabbed a lost bracelet and played with it in his hand. "Souvenir" He coughed.

"I'm sorry" I sniffed, he looked at my lazily as he slowly became more tired. "If I had just gone back to sleep-"

"Don't do that. It's not your fault." 

I sniffled and nodded, "ok...just stay awake for me ok?...ok? KF?!"

He was out cold, figuratively and literally. I had to sit there mostly alone other then Oliver on the call.

"Seven...eight...." I tried to calm down a rising panic attack.

"Dove?"

I whipped my head around to see both Superman and Black Canary standing in the entrance.

Clark ran over but I refused to let go.

"Dove, let me take him"

"NO! You have to apply pressure!"

"I can do that, I promise"

"BUT WHAT IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE RIGHT WAY"

Dinah walked over and placed a hand on my shoulder, "he knows how"

I shook my head no and hugged Wally tighter, "I have to help him, I'm the reason this happened"

"Ok kid" Dinah pulled me off and Clarks hand replaced mine before picking up Wally and flying away.

"NO" I shouted, trying to get away.

"You're in shock Dove. The explosion harmed you as well, you need to let us take over"

"I'm fine, I need to be there for Wally. It's my fault..." I felt my knees give out and Dinah sat down, engulfing me in a warm hug.

"...it's my fault" I sobbed into her.
"It's my fault..."

~ ~ ~

The watchtowers kitchen was silent as I sat with Wallys parents, Iris, and Barry.

I didn't want to face them, I felt incredibly guilty.
The injuries from the explosion were becoming noticeable for me. The back of my upper arm had scraped against the concrete when I fell and burned like hell. The side of my head was bleeding and there were other small injuries elsewhere, but none of it mattered to me.

When Dinah came back from the medical room we all looked up, waiting for news.

"Mr and Mrs West, if you're ready you can come first"

Through Mrs West sniffling they left with her.

Once they left the room Barry looked at me, "Rory.."

"I should've gotten there faster. I'm sorry"

I felt a hand on mine and looked over to see Iris holding mine, "there's nothing you could've done to avoid this. Ok?"

"But there is." I explained, "he asked if I wanted to go out and I said yes, if I had just gone back to sleep-"

"The fact that he got hurt is not your fault but the man who injured hims'." Barry said, "I learnt that the hard way"

Iris nodded, "and I'm sure he'll be fine-"

The married couple entered the room, Mrs West was fully weeping now and I swear Mr West was crying as well.

"We're going to leave to put some arrangements in order...we'll be back soon" Mr West informed before they left.

"...arrangements?" Barry asked, extremely concerned.

Dinah sighed, "come with me"

I watched the two of them but Iris held her hand out for me and stopped. I stood and walked beside her, holding her hand. She wrapped her arm around my shoulder as we neared the room.

We entered the med bay and Wally laid their, seemingly asleep. A bit of stress left my body.

"He looks ok" I said as we approached the side of his bed, "he'll wake up soon right?"

After a long silence I looked up at Dinah who watched us, I felt Iris tighten her grip.

"He's...in a coma...and we don't know when he'll wake up" she stated.

I gazed at them all in shock then back at Wally.

A coma.
I could've stopped that.
If I hadn't panicked.
If I hadn't let him fall asleep.
If it was me instead.

I didn't know what to do, what to think, so I walked out. I wasn't sure where I was going but everything felt as if it was closing in on me.

I made my way to the training room and straight to the punching bag.

If I had been better.
If I had gone instead of him.
If I didn't waste time on the car.
If I had stayed asleep.
If I had just done better.

I didn't even notice how hard I was punching until my fist went into the bag and sand poured out.

I sighed and sat on the floor, it was only moments before I completely broke down.

I fell to the ground and sobbed my eyes out there were no more tears.
I couldn't handle it. I did my best to make sure no one else got badly hurt, I tried to take the hits for them. I did it all so I didn't have to feel this.

"Dove?"

I looked up to see Dinah nearing and sit down in-front of me.

"You ok?"

"No I'm not ok Dinah" I snapped but paused and sighed, "sorry..."

"It's alright, you're feeling a lot right now. But you must understand that he would want you to get medical assistance" She looked at the first aid kit she brought and back at me.

"Ok" I let her help me in silence.

"Wanna talk about it?" She asked me while wrapping up my arm, "you wouldn't be upset if it was you in his spot"

"Because it means other's aren't hurt"

"So you rather you get hurt and put them through what you're feeling now?"

"Yes...?"

"They worry about you. You don't always need to make the sacrifice."

I sat in silence, not knowing how to respond.

~ ~ ~

Voices filled the area around me, but they were all mumbled. I was unable to listen, to focus, to do anything I normally would.

"Miss Wayne? Miss Wayne?"

"It's Grayson" Maddie corrected our substitute

"Thank you Miss Wood. Miss Grayson will you please pay attention?"

If it wasn't for me having my friends to keep me standing, I don't know what would've happened to me. I didn't want to know.

I was tired, and I missed Wally. It's been a few weeks and school's over next month.

It was hard to work with the team, they could tell I was hurting which made everything worse.

~ ~ ~

"Dove. When's the last time you slept?"

"Don't know, why do you ask Gar?" I questioned the child who was visiting again

"I dunno...you just normally seemed so much more...I dunno"

"Dove's having a hard time right now Gar, it's best to give her space"

I wasn't doing the best in cheer, or dance. I would grab Wallys homework for him from Charlie, I did most of it myself but still made sure to read it to him with hopes that he could hear.

I would visit him in the hospital whenever I could and read to him.

"Two households, both alike in dignity.
In fair Verona, where we lay our scene.
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.
From forth the fatal loins of these two foes
A pair of star-crossed lovers take their life;
Whose misadventured piteous overthrows
Doth with their death bury their parents' strife.
The fearful passage of their death-marked love
And the continuance of their parents' rage,
Which, but their children's end, naught could remove,
Is now the two hours' traffic of our stage;
The which, if you with patient ears attend,
What here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend."

I read the story, careful to not mess up but eventually I got tired.

After I was a bit into the book I let out a yawn I had held in and rested my head on his hospital bed.

"Please wake up soon..."

~ ~ ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 58 10
What do you do when you're a homeless kid on the streets of Gotham? Becoming a criminal is SO straight-forward, so how about something new? Dick Gray...
95.5K 1.5K 21
J A D E K Y L E was a misfit from the start, and now she's finally met her match. Young Justice wasn't ready for the vast amount of mayhem her presen...
8.9K 234 12
Batman finds a cluster of old files belonging to the light. However as he decodes them he realizes that a few are targeting a young, powerful, indivi...
323 1 18
Book two in my Spoiler series Book 1 is called Spoiler Warning!!