Red Lights || HyunChan

By youngNfreeAstronAut

•Destined Souls series• Book 2 •"We are written in the stars"• "Tell me... you hate me. That you can't stan... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19. 🔞
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
🔞Chapter 25🔞
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.

Chapter 21•

221 12 10
By youngNfreeAstronAut

"What.. What are you doing here?"

"Are you hurt? What happened are you okay? Do you need to go to a hospital?" Every question he asked was more desperate than the last one.

I had to snap out of it and actually focus on him.

"Calm down, I'm okay.."

"Don't lie to me, are you really okay?"

"I'm fine"

"Let's take you to a hospital, all this time you don't know if something could have happened to you-"

"Im really okay. I could have gone to a hospital myself"

"Nothing assures me you are okay. He could have kept you hostage and-"

"Hyunjin!" I grabbed his face and stopped him from talking. "Nothing happened to me, I promise! It was just a few hours and-"

"Hours?" He interrupted.

Oh right, it must have been a week here.

"You went missing for 3 months, DaEun.."

"Sorry.. what?" My soul went in And out of my body.

"He took you that day, and never came back. I had to tell your parents I sent you abroad on a project and that you weren't able to use a lot your phone, and believe they weren't happy about it."

"You met my parents?"

"I had to."

"Why?"

"What do you mean? I had to ask them if-"

...

"If what?"

"Nothing. The thing is, you're back, and if you say you're okay, I'll believe you, for now at least."

"Why were you here?"

"I, uh, ahem. I was passing by."

"You were passing by?" I rolled my eyes.

"Yes."

"Inside an apartment complex."

"Mhm."

"Well, you can go now"

"DaEun, you need to tell me what happened that day. We know what we saw, you know more than I do aparently. What is going on?"

"I don't think it's the time to talk about this"

"So we're just gonna ignore the fact that a King from the 14th century was living with you?"

I sighed. He was right, and as much as I didn't  want to talk about it, I knew he wouldn't drop it just like that.

"Maybe not now, okay?"

"That day... months ago, you saw them too, right? The lights. It had to do something with it."

"I saw them, yes. I guess it's related but honestly I know nothing about this."

"What about him? How did he-"

"Mr Hwang, I don't want to address this right now."

"This is import-"

"I said not now." I insisted. He sighed defeated and looked away.

"Let me at least take you to the doctor"

"No. I'm fine."

"You don't know that."

"I do know it"

"Don't be so difficult, just come with me"

"Don't insis..st"

"DaEun?!"

My eyes just closed, not being able to open again, as I wasn't able to keep standing even.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"It's not this Hair and skin, but the soul that lives within"

Eyes opened. Once again, I find myself lying in bed, except that it's not my bed this time either. I wandered my eyes around the room; the ceiling first, then a window. It seems to be snowing outside, it's already night.

My body feels insanely tired, my eyes barely keep open. I feel like I just want to go back to sleep for what remains of the night.

My eyes now slowly move to the side, as a warm feeling touches my hand. At first, I didn't feel it, but as my body started to wake up from whatever happened to me, I feel pressure on top of me.

My eyes land on a pair of hands holding mine, a figure sitting on a chair resting his head on my leg, it doesn't look comfortable honestly.

It's Mr Hwang.

Instead of waking him up or moving, I just stare at him, at his sleeping self. I was way too confused to actually determine what was different of him, maybe I was too immersed in Chan's presence, even.

I took my time to admire his details. His hair was long now, resting on his cheeks; I can't believe I didn't even notice that earlier when I saw him. his skin was perfect, and a slight shade covered his jaw and upper lip, meaning he probably shaved a few days ago and forgot to do it recently.

His full pink lips moved from time to time as if he was mumbling something, cute enough of him actually. I think I've never taken the time to appreciate mr Hwang like I'm doing it right now.

His hair slid to cover his face, and I unconsciously moved my hand to remove it. That movement woke him up immediately, as his hands were on mine.

"DaEun? How do you feel?" He held my other hand tightly, probably without even noticing it.

"What happened?"

"You collapsed, so I brought you to the hospital. How do you feel?"

"I'm okay.. It happened suddenly"

"The doctor said you were just exhausted, so your body collapsed. What did you do?"

I can't possibly tell him everything. And I don't even think it's all because of the night I spent with Chan.

"It must be the time difference"

"What time difference?"

"You said I was gone for three months, but back there I was gone for twelve hours more or less."

"Are you serious?"

"Yup."

"So maybe That abrupt change of time made you jump into three months just like that."

"I don't think I have any other explanation."

"The king came twice, right?"

"I think so, yeah."

"How come he didn't collapse?"

"I don't know. He's probably done it before"

"You didn't ask him about it?"

"How many times do I have to say I don't want to talk about this yet?"

"I'll stop asking for now, but I won't forget about it that easily."

"Deal" I chuckled. He let out a smile too, but still seemed worried.

We looked at each other for a few seconds. He extended his hand and brushed my hair behind my ear, he seemed like he wanted to say something, but he didn't.

Why does being around him still feels so familiar?

"I'm sorry I didn't go to work" I shrugged apologetic.

"That should be the least of your worries, really." He waved his hand.

After a couple of hours, I was finally able to go home. Mr Hwang took me back in his car and helped me all the way up to my apartment.

"There" he helped me sit on my bed. "I can stay and help if you want"

Why is he still being like this? I don't get him.

"It's not necessary, really. Please go rest, thank you for today."

"You sure?"

"Totally sure."

"Fine" he smiled, turning around to leave. He stopped a few steps later, I watched him do whatever he was going to do.

"I'm sorry, for.. well, you know."

Right.. I had forgotten about the argument we had the day I went with Chan. It feels weird to think of it as "the day" and not just yesterday.

"Okay.."

"I won't get into your office again. I really promise you that."

Funny how it's not that what actually annoyed me, but I just didn't want to admit it.

"Um, thanks."

"..yeah, bye"

Is that it? Really? Wasn't he going to apologize for what he said to me? How he made fun of me? Suddenly, I felt angry. As I remembered everything he said to me, I wanted to confront him once again, but after what he did for me, it wasn't really a good time.

I don't like being upset with mr Hwang, it always ruins the good mood in the office.

I decided not to say anything just yet. Maybe he'd think about it better and apologize for what he actually said, not for using my office. I'm sure he knows that's the least of the reasons why I was mad at him.

I remained on my bed waiting for him to exit my house. I knew that if I tried to stand up he wouldn't let me, and I didn't really want to bother him with a glass of water.

I could walk just fine, I just felt a little tired, that's all. Slowly, I walked towards the hallway; but the first thing my eye caught was a figure standing in front of the main door. It scared the shit out of me at first, but I didn't take long to realize it was Mr Hwang.

"You want to kill me from a heart attack or what-"

He turned around and walked fast towards me, pulling me into a tight hug and not giving me any chance to react.

"M-mr Hwang?"

"I'm glad you're okay" he exhaled relieved.

"We.. we already discussed this-"

"You don't get it."

"What?" I asked, trying to catch a breath from his tight embrace.

"I was going crazy"

Sudden heartbeats.

Mixed from two different bodies.

"W-what do you mean-"

"I care about you, DaEun"

"You.. what?"

He suddenly lets me go, gives a few steps back, turns around and just leaves. Not an extra word, not an explanation, no nothing.

I hate being confused.

But I hate my heart beats even more.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.6K 1.5K 51
"But they are my kids," "No, they are my kids. I have raised them for the last five years by myself while you left and became an idol. All they...
15.2K 1.2K 30
"[...] it's like I'm sabotaging myself, like I want to stop myself from being happy, like I'm no longer allowed to be happy. A way to atone for my gu...
115K 8.3K 52
[COMPLETE] high school is a time to make memories. hwang hyunjin has spent the vast majority of his life under the protection of his elder brothers s...
63.4K 2.1K 54
Dreams. She got big dreams. Almost as high as the stars in the sky. She never doubt herself. She promised herself that she will fight for it no matte...