Atomic recess

By Yui-umbreon

Join 'Dede' as she goes through her life as a fourth grade student at third street elementary school with her... More

The break in
The great jungle gym standoff
The new kid
The experiment
Jinxed/slime of the century
Officer Mikey
First name Ashley
To Finster with love
King Dede
Big brother chad/my fair Gretchen
Speedy we hardly knew ya
The pest
The box/Spindly tam kanushu
The Trial
The voice / toxic talent
Parents' night
Gus' last stand
Happy Valentine's day
Secrets Pt. 1
Secrets Pt. 2
Secrets Pt. 3
Randall's reform
The substitute
Soccor boy
Lord of the nerds
The beauty contest
The big prank
Tattletale heart
Terrifying tales of recess
When worlds collide
Big top Candy
Pharaoh Bob
The challenge
Authors note (just a quick message)
Galactic guardians no more
Great state fair
Merry Christmas
The coolest heatwave ever
Randall's friends

Operation Stuart furball of the sneeze

47 1 0
By Yui-umbreon

Operation Stuart/furball for the sneeze

"Oh yeah, well I say Dracula is the scariest monster ever." Said Vince as the group of seven walked around the dodgeball wall, listening to Vince and TJ trying to decide who is the scariest monster.

"Dracula? Are you kidding? He bites your neck, you live forever" Asked TJ. "Now if Frankenstein gets a hold of ya, your a goner."

"Sure but how do you get caught by the slowest monster in history?"

"Ask the villagers...oh wait...you can't, they're all ripped to shreds."

"What about the werewolf?" Asked Mikey, wanting to be a part of the conversation.

"Werewolf? It's Dracula."

"Hello...flying monkey." Said Spinelli.

"What about carnivorous aliens?" Said Dede also joins the conversation.

"Stop it guys, you're just scaring me." Said Gus stopping in front of a trash can.

"Oh come on Gus." Said Spinelli as the group turned around to look at him. "There's no such thing as monsters and ghoulies or things that go bump in the night."

Before anyone can say anything, the trash can behind Gus started to shake slightly and make a strange noise. "What about things that go bump in the day?" Asked Mikey.

"I-I I didn't hear any scary noises coming from that trash can." Stuttered Gus, pointing to said trash can. "Let's get outta here."

"No wait. There it was again." Said TJ as the trash can started moving again.

"Hold me TJ I'm scared." Mikey said, putting his arms around TJs neck.

"Oh brother, move aside you wimps." Said Spinelli slightly pushing TJ and Mikey to the side and going to open the bin.

"Don't do it Spinelli." Said Gus trying to stop her. "You could get you guys torn out or your face sucked off or....or."

"Gus please." Gretchen stopped Gus' nervous rambling. "Spinelli is right there's no such thing as-"

As Gretchen was talking Spinelli opened the bin and interrupted Gretchen by screaming as something attached itself to her face, by the time she was able to get the thing off of her face they all saw that it was just a cat. A cat in poor condition as it was very skinny and had bold patches on its body. "Hey, it's  a kitty." Mikey said, grabbing the cat from Spinelli while holding it out to get a better look at it. "It's he cute?"

"Cute? He's hosting a big convention." Spinelli scratched her head as the cat was cuddling up to Mikey.

"I think he likes you Mikey." Dede said watching Mikey and the cat interact with each other.

"And I like him too, he's my friend. I'm going to name him...f-fuz...Stuart. Yeah that's it Stuart the cat."

"Stuart?" Spinelli questioned as the others all greeted the cat with the name Mikey had given him. "Oh brother."

"How do we know he doesn't belong to somebody?" Asked Gus.

"Elementary Gus, he'd have a collar, not to mention a bath." Said Gretchen.

"Hey I got an idea." Said Vince as he took off one of his wrist bands and put it on Stuart's neck. "Now he belongs to us."

"We can take him everywhere we go." Said Mikey.

"Great." Spinelli said sarcastically. "Only how are we gonna explain him to ms grotke."

"Oh, I see what you mean." Said Vince.

"Why can't we just leave him here?" Shrugged TJ. "You know, see to him when we come out to Recess."

"But, what if Hank finds him? He'll turn him into the office and then they'll send him to the pound and you know what happens there." Mikey was clearly upset with having to leave Stuart alone.

"Yeah, cats check in but they don't check out." Said Gus just before the bell rang.

"We gotta do something you guys."

"Okay, stick Stuart in here and let's go." said TJ as he took Dede's bag off of her shoulder and opened it for Mikey to put the cat in.

"It's gonna be okay little guy." Mikey placed Stuart in the bag before zipping it closed, leaving a little bit open so that the cat had some fresh air. "You're with friends now." As Dede put her bag back on carefully so as to not jolts the cat and the group walked back to the school no one noticed Stuart poke his head out and look back at the trash cans.

———————————————————-

"In order to explain global warming, I've drawn this sample diagram." Ms grotke said pointing to the black board. "This is the sun, theses are the sun's rays and these are the little ozone molecules that are being eaten up by fluorocarbons produced by evil industrialists."

While ms grotke was explaining all this most of the students in class were either looking bored or half asleep, the only one who wasn't looking bored was Mikey as he had opened his desk and started stroking under Stuart's chin. "Mikey." TJ had whispered/yelled at him, making Mikey slam his desk shut again. "Keep the desk closed."

"Okay, okay, don't worry." Mikey said to reassure TJ. This however did not last long because nearly a minute later Mikey had opened his desk again, but instead of Stuart just sitting there he had jumped out and landed on the now closed desk.

"Mikey? What's wrong?" Asked Ms Grotke as she turned around to see Mikey holding his stomach, that was moving because of the cat he put under his shirt.

"Just a little gas ms grotke, but I feel better now." Mikey said, trying to keep Stuart in his shirt.

"Good. Now where was I?" Ms Grotke said going back to her lesson.

"You okay man?" Asked Vince.

"Yeah." Mikey struggled to get out, before anything else could be said Stuart poked his head out of the collar of Mikey's shirt, only to jump out and escape through the window. "NOOO. I've gotta do something." He then proceeded to run out of the classroom just before the bell rang and everyone else followed him.

"Well I really think I inspired some action today, I think?" Said Ms Grotke.

———————————————————

"Stuart, Stuart." Mikey shouted as the group made their way onto the playground. "He could be in trouble guys, oh why did I open that desk, why?"

"Don't worry Mikey, we'll find him." Said Dede patted Mikey on his back.

"Vince, you and guy go that way." Said TJ pointing to his left. "Gretchen, you and Mikey go that way." To the right. "Spinelli, Dede, you're with me."

"I knew that cat was going to be trouble." Spinelli signed before Dede grabbed her arm and started to drag her away.

"Maybe, but you love animals, so you'd be happy to deal with the trouble." Dede said as the three got to guru kid.

"I gotta look under the hat." Said TJ.

"I am afraid that is quite impossible." Guru kid said.

"Alright." Said Dede smirking slightly. "Spinelli, do you worst."

At the call Spinelli rolled up her sleeve, which scarfed guru kid into doing what was asked of him. "Wait. I do not condone violence, especially against myself." Guru kid took off his shirt/hat and shook it empty, only to show it was full of Candy.

"Candy bars? Winger dingers?" Asked Spinelli.

"Come on." Said TJ gesturing to them to leave.

"Man can not live on tofu alone." Guru kid tried to defend why he has candy stashed away.

———————————————————

When they were all done looking they all re grouped to see if any of the others had any more look then them, but everyone had the same result.

"Where oh where could my little cat be?" Asked Mikey, upset that Stuart was not found.

"Ohhh what a cute little baby." They heard a familiar girls voice squeal, followed by the laughter of four girls.

"You don't think?" Asked Vince as the group looked at each other before running over to where the Ashley's were all surrounding a toy pram (stroller, I had to actually look up what it's called in America XD).

"Is he not like full on adorable?"

"The total baby."

"Like, googoo gaga."

"Good sweet Mike, what have you done to him?" Mikey asked, absolutely terrified by the state he saw Stuart in, dressed up in a bonnet and onesie.

"Like, have a cow. He's our cat." Ashley A said.

"Your cat! He's ours." Said Spinelli as she heard what was said. This start a 'is not is to' battle that nobody else got involved with, the battle was interrupted, however, by Dede who saw Stuart tee the onesie off and run away.

"Guys stop. Look." At that everyone looked just as Stuart ran out of sight.

"Now look at what you've done." Blamed Ashley A.

"Us? Why you-"

"No time Spinelli, let's go." Dede ran off after the cat with everyone else following. After awhile of a cat and mouse game, they all completely lost sight of the cat and decided it would be best to split up to cover more ground, while dede was checking by the trash cans where they first found the cat her bracelet started to beep.

"Atomic Candy, this is your commander speaking." Said the hologram of Degill when Dede answered the call.

"Atomic Candy reporting for duty." Dede saluted.

"I have very bad news, it's that time of year again."

"Galaxy day?"

"No no no no no. It's Maximus' annual board meeting. All galactic criminals and evil doers are heading to his headquarters to hear his dastardly plans for the upcoming year."

"Uh oh."

"You must infiltrate the meeting and record the proceedings, the whole galaxy is counting on you."

"And I won't let you down." Dede saluted one more time before ending the call and pressing another button to call her ship to her. "Beam me up, fast."  On the way up to her ship, Dede changed into her galactic uniform. "Set a course for Maximus' headquarters." Was the order given as soon as Dede had taken her seat. "We're gonna crash his annual board meeting."

"There'll be a lot of muscle at that shindig, how are we Supposed to get in?" Asked sparky after he set the coordinates.

"Conversion sparky. We're gonna disguise ourselves as envoys the hideous planet of bluffs. Maximus won't have a clue. Sparky full thrust."

"ey ey capta-" spark was cut off by himself sneezing and ultimately making the ship go into full speed, heading towards the sun.

"Sparky, look out." Dede panicked as spark pulled himself back into his seat and managed to get the ship back under control just before they were in the sun's atmosphere, making them all sign in relief.

"That was clo-" sparky once again sneezed and started the whole thing over again.

———————————————————

After a while the team of three finally managed to get to Maximus' headquarters disguising not only the ship but themselves as well.

"Behold, the floating citadel of Maximus IQ, equipped with all the latest weapons, including twice boot strontium laser guns, reverse anti-gravity neutrino canons, not to mention a formidable collection of ceramic ducks that Maximus has acquired over the years." Said X-5.

"State your persons." Said an alien as it connected to their screen.

"Blocking hords of quest to participate in the annual meeting." Said Dede, lowering her voice slightly.

"Password?"

"Of course, it's-" Dede stopped as she bent to the side to 'throw up'.

"Proceed."

"Works every time." Dede said as their ship landed and the three all walked out. "Everyone stay cool, we don't want to attract attention." Sparky for some reason sneezed again, making guards surround them as his costume head blew up. "He's...got a cold."

"I do not." Sparky said as his costume head deflated.

"What did he say?" Asked Dede as the guards said something in a different language as he led them inside.

"That sparky should have taken a sick day, it's not polite to infect you fellow mercenaries." Said X-5

When the team were done walking around and got to their seats for the presentation m, they were all quite schooled by how many had shown up for this thing. "Why do we always get the cheap seats?" Sparky complained as Dede shushed him getting a small telescope out to record the meeting.

"Good evening, my faithful minions. Look at this beautiful creature I found." Said Maximus petting the head of said creature. "I don't know why, but I've developed some sort of infinity towards him."

When Maximus said that Dede hummed, zooming in to see what the creature was. "Stuart? What the? Oh the others are all looking for him."

"I'm on it." Spark said before he jumped over the ledge.

"Sparky wait."

"As you can see galactic dominance feel four points in the last quarter, an unfortunate setback. Mostly due to marketed interference by..." Maximus trailed of as he hit a button and the screen behind him shew a picture of Dede sparky and X-5. "Yes, yes, perfetic aren't they?" Maximus asked as the crowd boo's at the picture. "And yet, none of you has been able to stop them. Fortunately I have devised a sinister plan that will rid us of the wretched galactic guardians forever." As Maximus continued his speech he was interrupted by a noise behind him, looking back he saw sparky, who had sneezed, sending him flying back into the seats that Dede and x-5 where sitting, destroying their disguises in the process. "It appears we have some company."

"By order of the galactic guardians, I place you ALL under arrest." Said Dede pointing out to the room, but this just made them all laugh.

"Quiet you fools." Maximus said after a while of laughing. "Seize them." This lead to an all out fight, however one after the other they were all captured and brought in front of Maximus, who was once again stoking Stuart. "My, my, what an unexpected surprise.I don't seem to recall sending the infamous atomic Candy an invitation."

"Happened to be in the neighbourhood, thought I'd stop by and see your plans." Dede said with a teasing smile.

"How thoughtful. Well since I have you all in my grasp, it seems my plans won't be necessary after all." Maximus said, taking out a scroll and passing it to Dede. "Here, you hang onto them for safe keeping."

"You won't get away with this." Said Dede pointing at Maximus after he laughed a bit.

"Oh, but I already have. Take them away." Maximus was interrupted by one of his own clean bots coming smashing through a window and started to chase Stuart around, causing so much trouble and chaos that it was easy for Dede to quickly grab the cat and run down back to the shop, with the plans in hand and sparky and X-5 hot on her heels.

"Let's get out of here." Dede said when they were all back in the ship. As they got a safe distance away from Maximus' headquarters they headed to galactic headquarters to see Degill to let him know what had happened.

"Not only did you disrupt the annual meeting but you managed to get a copy of Maximus' plans, excellent work atomic Candy."

I had a lot of help from my friends." Dede said pointing to sparky and X-5 as sparky was still sneezing.

"Yes, a commendable effort from all of you. Carry on." Degill dismissed them, which Dede was happy about, seeing as she had to get back to tell the others she found Stuart.

When Dede was teleported back to earth she was in the same place as when she left, with Stuart next to her. Looking around the corner she saw her friends and the Ashley's, along with principal Prickly, Ms Finster and Hank for some reason, all standing there looking around. Dede started to wave at her friend hoping to get their attention only but that didn't work as once they saw her, so did all the others and they all started to run to her.

"Dede, did you find Stuart?" Asked Mikey.

"Yeah, he's right there." Dede pointed behind her just as Stuart jumped under the dumpster.

"Hank, move that dumpster so we can get that cat." Said principal prickly.

"Wait." said Mikey. "Please, please just leave the poor guy alone."

"Leave him alone? Are you crazy?"

"You don't understand principal prickly, Stuart's not just a cat, he's a living being, he's got rights and feelings just like we do. I mean just because he's small and we're big doesn't mean we have the right to treat him like a toy, we ought to be ashamed of ourselves, jamming him into backpacks, dressing him up like a doll and chasing him."

"Hank, move the dumpster."

As Hank was walking to the dumpster the group of friends all stood between Hank and the dumpster, hoping that he wouldn't be able to get to it with them all in the way. But he just went around the and managed to pull the dumpster out of the way, shocking everyone with what they saw when it was moved.

"Well, I'll be." Said Hank as he looked at Stuart who was feeling her litter of kittens.

"Look, kittens." Said Mikey.

"Well what do you know?" Said Spinelli.

"Stuart is a Stella." Dede finished for her.

"What? Kittens? I don't understand?" Said principal prickly. "There was just one, now there's-"

"Alright people, move aside." A new voice interrupted prickly, when they all looked over they saw two people standing there. "We're with animal control."

"Bout time you people got here."

"Been a busy day pups, so where's this rabid feline you called about?"

"Principal prickly you can't do this." Pleaded Mikey, but prickly just pushed him away.

"Quiet boy, that filthy creature agitated my work, destroyed school property and putting a whole student body at risk of cat scratch fever."

"And?"

"He jumped behind the fence about ten minutes ago, now go get him."

"You kidding, we ain't jumping no fences, if he's gone, he's gone. Come on lars, it's doughnut time." With that the two animal control people left leaving all the kids happy that the principal was on their side for this matter.

"Well don't just stand there Finster, these kittens need milk. Hank have we got some old blankets around, the poor little things look cold."

By the end of the day Dede, TJ, Spinelli, Gus, Vince and Gretchen were all walking out of the school. "Well, this situation couldn't have turned out any better but then this." Said Dede as she stretched her arms up in the air.

"Yeah, and since the vet says the kittens are old enough to be weaned, those little Stuart's and Stella's will never be lonely again." Said TJ as they all walked down the street, heading home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 169 10
17 year old Ally Dawson enrolls herself into Marino High School for her Junior Year. That was her fourth school since her mother died in a car accide...
215 13 5
Amadia never really understood how fast her life could change...until her new friends in her new school tell her the truth.
81.6K 2.8K 51
Y/n is a high school student, she loves the sky, the moon, and the outer space, as a young teen, she was always good in school, especially on her fav...
46 0 18
Aria has never been much of anybody. Aliens come to town, and she is not about to back down and let them take her home or hurt anybody. There's somet...