Loving You is A Losing Game |...

By bangtanslostslipper

"So you're telling me all this time you had no feelings for me? Are you fucking kidding me?" "Seeing the affe... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69 (Letters)
70
71
Epilogue

47

252 19 0
By bangtanslostslipper

Could nature show mercy on me too, Sungie?

Feet carried him on the railing of the tall building that happened to be a building he visited every day for work.

Minho's heart wished for the steps to halt and disperse, making him fall into his death.

He looked around him. The night seemed extra serene for some reason.

Everything felt as though they were calling for him to take a wrong step, just simply lean outwards or jump into oblivion.

Minho looked down at the glowing city waiting to hug him. A cold shiver spreaded across his body at the sight.

I.. I can't.

He slowly stepped backwards and let his bottom hit the floor.

Now seated safely, Minho closed his eyes and took a deep breath to calm his racing heart.

He was so close to doing it.

But of course he chickened out.

Again.

*Ding*
You have 2 new messages from 'Seungmo'

Minho brought his phone out of his pockets to see the notification. Reluctantly he opened the texts and wrote a reply.

Seungmo
Hyung wyd
You there??

Minho
I'm doing nothing

Seungmo
Ow
I was missing you

Minho was about to type something back when the screen on his phone flashed, indicating an incoming call from Seungmo.

A bit taken aback, Minho hastily picked up the call and put the phone to his ears.

"Hello, hyung! I was really missing you so I called. Hope you don't mind haha."

"Ah no, I don't mind." Minho managed to get the words out.

Staying out in cold for so long and the lump in his throat from the constant urge to cry made his voice understandably shaky.

"Umm is everything okay? Your voice sounds kinda weird."

"Yes, everything's fine." Lately the only thing Minho had been good at was lying it seemed. "It's late. Why aren't you sleeping yet?"

"I couldn't sleep. Tell me hyung, did the work go we-"

A gust of wind blew past Minho as Seungmin was talking, making the other side of the line go silent for a few seconds.

"Hyung," he paused again. "Are you outside?"

Shit.

"I- umh. Yeah I'm not home yet."

"Why? It's past midnight. I don't understand why you're still out in the cold."

"I had to finish some work and didn't notice the time flying." Minho tried to sound nonchalant, trying his best to make the lie sound more reasonable.

"Ah, I see. Hyung, you really need to take care of yourself more." A sigh could be heard coming from Seungmin's side. "Where are you right now anyways? Why is it so windy there?"

"I'm.. uh I'm on the rooftop of my office building."

"What the fuck!!"

Minho had to put the phone away from his ear to save it from the scream that followed.

"Hyung, are you insane!? It's freezing cold out there!" Seungmin seemed to be having a mental breakdown from how frustrated he sounded. "You know what? Just get out of there, okay? Go home please or you'll catch a cold."

It was cute, to be honest, how the younger was being frustrated about the older's health and absurd decisions.

Minho smiled, then laughed.

"Why are you laughing?" Seungmin sounded confused.

"Well," he subsided the laughter. "It's just cute how you're caring for me, Seungmo. Don't worry, I'm going back now."

"It's not funny! And yes, you better hurry to your car now."

Seungmin's demanding voice made Minho laugh a bit more before he finally got up from the cold concrete floor and started heading towards the elevator.

"I'll be home in no time. You can go and sleep now. You have to go to your part time job early in the morning, right?"

"Yeah, the cafe opens at 8 am so I'll have to be there by 7."

"Right. So go sleep tight baby and don't worry about hyung."

Seungmin's cheeks flushed at the sudden nickname. It was the first time Minho had used such a nickname with him.

Understandably, it made his stomach churn.

"Seungmo, you there???" The older whined in the call at the lack of response.

"Y-Yeah, I'm h-here." He coughed to get rid of the embarrassment lacing his voice.

"What? Is Seungmin shy?" And of course Minho noticed it. "Aigoo do you not like the nickname?"

"No! I l-like it. Use it more often, hyung."

Minho could practically hear the redness radiating from the younger. That feeling of making Seungmin happy made his own heart swell in pride.

"As you wish, my princess. Now go to bed and sleep, yeah? I've reached my car. I'll be driving now."

"Okay! I'm feeling kinda sleepy too actually so I'll go to bed now. Good night!"

"Good night, sweetheart."

Minho heard a last grumble of embarrassment from the other side before the line disconnected.

He giggled and got inside his car to finally head for home.

A sigh left his mouth as his head rested against the headrest, his smile slowly fading and falling into a thin line.

He felt good knowing that his presence in Seungmin's life made it easier for the younger to cope with his problems.

The younger's presence in his life felt good too.

However, there was this lingering feeling too that he couldn't quite pinpoint.

Seungmin made him smile, but the smiles faded as soon as he was out of sight again.

The question was,

Were the smiles enough to make him want to live?

...

*A month later*

"Hyung!"

Minho flashed a smile from where he was standing, leaning against his car.

Seungmin ran towards him, getting out of the company building. It was currently 5 pm and his shift had just ended.

Yes, he had been successful in getting the job he had been interviewed for a month ago and had been working here since.

"Aw is my Seungmo tired?"

Minho cooed and patted the younger's head.

Seungmin giggled and nodded cutely, enjoying the way the older would always pamper him. It had been 2 months since they started dating.

But in all honesty, Seungmin felt more at ease than any time in his entire life.

Minho really just became the centre of his world now huh.

"Let's go."

Seungmin got into the car before Minho started driving towards there destination which was the movie theater.

Because of Minho's tough schedule, it was hard for them to go on dates.

But there were also days like this where Minho would come to pick the younger up, take him on a sweet date to the theaters or the amusement park, they'd have a nice dinner and then end the day with hugs and kisses.

How perfect could life be?

"Here. Hold the popcorn and juices. I'll go collect our tickets."

They were now in front of the cinema hall. Minho let the younger carry their food while he went away to collect their tickets.

"Okay!"

Seungmin stood waiting for the older, unaware of the fast pacing man running towards his direction.

"Seungmin!"

He jumped slightly at the sudden yell of his name. As he was about to turn around towards the source of the sound, the man running towards him collided directly with him.

With a welp, Seungmin lost control and all the foods in his hands lost balance and scattered all over the tiled floor.

He was ready to fall on his butt too due to the impact of the crush but the floor never made contact with his body.

Seungmin slowly opened his eyes to realise he was bended mid-air as a strong hand gripped his torso, saving him from the fall.

It took a few seconds but when his sense finally came back and his eyes landed on the face of the person holding him, Seungmin jolted up and jerked the stranger's hand off of him.

"Y-You.. Don't touch me!" He screamed, maybe a bit louder than he initially thought.

"Seungmin, are you okay? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to collide with you like that. Are you hur-"

"DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME, HYUNJIN!"

Hyunjin's hand halted its action at the younger's outburst. "I- okay. I won't. But please calm down first."

Seungmin's breath was quicker than usual, his pupils shaking and refusing to look away from the frozen guy in front of him.

He took a deep breath to calm his racing heart. "I'm okay. I n-need to go."

He was about to go away when Hyunjin called out his name once again.

"Wait, Seungmin!" His voice, undoubtedly, sounded panicked and rushed. "I've been trying to reach you for so long. You blocked my socials, you blocked my numbers, you even moved out of our apartment. I-I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw you here a while ago. Please just.. just talk to me, please!"

"And I have nothing to talk about with a cheater like you. I've erased you from my life why can't you fucking accept that, Hyunjin? Just go and fuck your pretty whore best friend or something but stop fucking bothering me!"

"Oh, God! Seungmin, please!" Hyunjin was clearly frustrated, his hands automatically grabbed his hair as he tried to make his words pass through.

"Please, Seungmin, just listen to me, please!"

His eyes were practically begging the other male to give him a chance. "Please hear me out once and I promise you won't regret it."

Hyunjin's pleading voice seemed to have pulled a string in Seungmin's heart.

He sighed. "Stop, Hyunjin. We're making a scene and people are starting. Just go back to what you were doing."

"I can't! You don't understand what I've done to look for you everywhere all this time. I love YOU, Seungmin and I can't let a misunderstanding end us like-"

"Misunderstanding or not I don't care, Hyunjin." Seungmin cut the other off mid sentence. "I'm happy right now and it's because of Minho hyung. Leave us alone."

Hyunjin's ramble finally subsided as his facial expression slowly morphed into a hurt one from the exasperated one earlier.

"So.. you're dating Minho hyung?"

"Yes."

Hyunjin gulped in the lump that was suddenly being built in his throat. As if the information had finally sunk in, he nodded carefully.

Seungmin saw the clear exhibition of pain and heartbreak on the other's expression. For some reason, he didn't like the sight of it.

"I'll take my leave now. Minho hyung's waiting for me. Let's never see each other, Hyunjin."

He threw a last glance towards the silent guy before turning on his heels and leaving him behind.

"As you wish, my love...."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

362K 15.1K 58
Both Minho and Jisung had been single for a while. But that was about to change when their shared friend decided to introduce the two. Text & Normal...
144K 5.9K 29
Camp Royalty and Camp Music How can Music and Royalty be together? In which , Prince Hyunjin accidentally get on the wrong ship while Dancer Minho w...
91.8K 3.6K 55
Minho only wanted one thing: revenge. He was going to kill Jisung and he thought nothing could stop him. But then, his plan for revenge takes an un...
77.6K 2.3K 25
- I'm not dumb and I won't fall for your flirting! - Wait and see, Han. At a party Jisung meets Minho, a fuckboy who tries to seduce him. Jisung exac...