Red Lights || HyunChan

By youngNfreeAstronAut

•Destined Souls series• Book 2 •"We are written in the stars"• "Tell me... you hate me. That you can't stan... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19. 🔞
Chapter 21•
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
🔞Chapter 25🔞
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.

Chapter 20

237 12 10
By youngNfreeAstronAut

"It feels like we are written in the stars" Chan rested his head on my lap. We were back at his home and sitting outside of his room, which had a view to the starry night. The stars in my timeline looked nothing like these stars; a million of them danced in the sky.

"What does that mean?" I chuckled, as I played with his hair.

"That. You see how stars have been the same hundreds or even millions of years?"

"Mhm" I looked at were he pointed.

"Our fate and destiny are written in those stars. It's as definitive as their own existence."

What a beautiful way of thinking.

My star sighting got interrupted by Chan's warm lips, bringing me into a very passionate kiss.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It was the most comfortable sleep I've had in my entire life. Maybe the huge pillows, or the huge comfortable bed made it for me.

Or Chan's arms around me.

Just like a fairytale, the sun rays kissed my eyes, making me open up. I felt relaxed, out of stress, out of everything. I looked down to see Chan's arms wrapped around my stomach, slightly pushing me towards him. His sleeping breath hit my neck, reassuring me he was still asleep.

I remembered the night we just had. An amazing, full of feelings and sensations night. Never in my life I had felt so good, had sex felt so good, even though it's safe to say I barely know him.

For some reason, he didn't feel like a stranger. It was as if we knew each other since forever, and that being beside each other was our safe place.

A knock on the door made me flinch, and made Chan wake up. He didn't even bother to answer; he made me turn around to him with little strength, and I was now facing a beautiful face.

"Good morning" he smiled, eyes still kind of closed, sun kissing him too.

"Hey there.." I smiled back. We didn't say much until he placed a soft kiss on my lips.

"Can you tell me why does this feel so right?" He asked. "Being like this feels right."

I wished for a few seconds it was actually okay to be like this; and even though I strongly believe it is, it's not.

"It does, but you know this is not-"

"Don't." He buried his face in my neck, now I was the one hugging him. "Don't say it."

Another Knock hit the door.

"Chan, last night was amazing, but I-"

"Why don't you stay?"

"You know I can't. What about my family? My job?"

My job...

Mr Hwang.

"You don't have to work here. You'd be my Queen."

"I don't like being useless"

"Don't say that, you're not, you won't be."

"And my family?"

"We can visit them with that opening"

"What if it closes some day? And I can't see them again? Chan.. we can't do this. This is messing with something we know nothing about."

"What if we could know more about it?"

"We've tried, we can't-"

"DaEun."

"Chan..I-"

Another knock

"IN A MINUTE" he replied angry turning at the door and back at me.

"Listen, DaEun, we can figure something. Taking the time change into consideration-"

"Time change- oh my god"

"What?"

"I need to go. Chan, my parents must be insanely worried about me! It must have been a week or more!"

"Hey, I don't think it's that much, don't worry"

"Listen.." I sat up, as he followed me, and I took his hand.  "Yesterday was beautiful. You made me feel amazing. But even though this feels right, it's not. We cannot even try to be together or do something about it, because this can't just be. You belong here and I belong there. I need to see my parents too."

Chan sighed. He didn't want to accept it, but he knew it was like that.

"DaEun, we will try to get you back, but do not think I won't try to figure something out."

"Chan, don't do stupid things"

"I do not consider this something stupid. I just think it's meant to be."

He spoke as if we were life time lovers, as if we were crazy in love. And even though we weren't, it felt like it.

After breakfast, which was delicious, Chan and I walked back to the woods. The little Changbin guy wanted to tag along, but Chan didn't allow him.

"Well... we're here." We stood in front of the Shinto gate once again. We really had no idea of what to do, how to trigger it, but there had to be some way.

"Do you think it happens at a certain time?"

"Maybe, I really don't know. Maybe it's something we say?"

"Or something we do"

"I really wish I could just ask for it to-"

"What?" Chan asked.  "DaEun?"

"Are you seeing this?"

"Seeing what?

"The lights..they're all over you"

Chan looked around him. He didn't seem to be able to get what I was witnessing. Red little lights flew around him peacefully, as the day light slowly disappeared.

It looked beautiful, like the stars we just saw last night. I wondered if I could actually touch those lights, and without hesitating, I extended my arm to reach them out. Every time I tried to touch one, it moved away.

Chan still looked confused, but also curious.

"Look at me" he said. As I moved my eyes back to his, he smiled. "I see them"

"You do?"

"In your eyes, but I'm seeing them"

"And why are you smiling?"

"Because in your eyes, everything looks beautiful"

"It's not the time to get flirty" I chuckled.

We were talking and everything was flowing as if this whole situation wasn't like it really was. Red lights appearing meant the shrine was probably open for me to go back, and it meant I wasn't going to see Chan again.

"Chan, before I go.."

"Do not even think about saying goodbye"

"Why?"

"You think I'm going to stay here doing nothing? I will come for you"

"You can't. It's wrong."

"Then why does it feel so right so be together-"

"Even if it feels that way... it's not right. We can't do this.. but Im grateful I met you-"

"I won't accept your goodbye"

"I don't care, I'll still do it. Good-"

He held my cheeks like trying to shut me up. I felt like crying, I can't even describe the way my heart hurt about it.

Chan got closer to me, and once again I just closed my eyes to him.

Except that I didn't get kissed.

I opened my eyes once again, and he wasn't there anymore.

My room.

I was laying on my bed, hands close to my cheeks where I still held his warm hands, but I was empty handed. A single tear already rolled down, but I wasn't even able to process what just happened.

"Chan..?" I whispered.

I sat up abruptly, with my hands still positioned the same. I could still feel him. I stood up, His presence was strong, it felt like he was still with me, very close to me.

I walked from my room to the bathroom; nothing. I went out of the bathroom and to the kitchen, hoping to see him standing there trying to understand technology, but he wasn't.

I couldn't hear his voice anymore, but the way it felt like he was in there with me was insane.

I looked at the door, the front door. I wondered if I opened it, he'd be there like previous times; so I walked towards it. Even though I told him this wasn't right, and I was the one insisting on coming back, I felt regretful.

As I got closer to the door, I felt him even more. I really felt like he was there.

Taking a deep but desperate breath, I turned the Knob and opened. His presence was stronger that before, he was there.

"D-DaEun?!"

"...Hyunjin?"

His our eyes widened at the same time. He was sitting on the floor in front of my door, but he stood up immediately. Without giving a chance to do anything, he pulled me into a hug, a very tight one.

It felt like we had hugged each other before, many times. Somehow... I felt like this was the presence I felt inside my apartment.

He looked at me without letting me go.

His eyes looked exactly  like the pair of eyes that looked at me before waking up in here.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A/n

Hello everyone! First of all, I think I've never taken this long to update. I want to apologize for that. It's been a Tough month and overall I didn't have enough inspiration to write a decent chapter.

Im slowly getting back to it and I feel better now, it's just that work has consumed me way too much because every day is a difficult challenge to face😂😆

Anyway, I'm so sorry I updated this late, I really hope I can update next chapter soon, I plan to keep writing right now, so I hope I can update at least another chapter today, and I really hope I can update soon enough. I'm so sorry I kept you waiting.

Also, thank u for almost 800 reads 😱 I promise to you I'll give my best with this story too❤️

Stay safe and healthy, love u 🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.4K 2.1K 54
Dreams. She got big dreams. Almost as high as the stars in the sky. She never doubt herself. She promised herself that she will fight for it no matte...
32.5K 874 19
What if one day a girl or more like a 3 year old child stumbles on the doorstep of a famous Kpop group, straykids. As the name suggests 'stray' kids...
134K 4.6K 35
•Away from everything he's known, he meets someone different, someone who, unaware of who he really is, listens to him and tries her best to make him...
168K 7.7K 33
Jeongin and Chan haven't seen each other for years after the eldest left to college but they finally meet up again and the buried feelings are ready...